No, we're not all like her

I found the remarks of Gwen Fulcher Young in “City Ink” by Sylvia Cooper Oct. 7 to be wholly unacceptable.

Referring to the 12th District Republican candidate for Congress, Lee Anderson, she said that “sending Anderson to Washington would be like sending Honey Boo Boo up there. To send him up there would make it look like we’re all like that in Georgia.”

Gwen also is inviting a few of her “Republican” friends to meet the Obama-supporting Democrat John Barrow at her house. I sincerely hope no one confuses Gwen and her circle as true conservative Republicans.

Gwen said she doesn’t want folks to get the wrong idea about us. I share her apprehension. I do not want people to believe that we are all like Gwen. As I read her words, Gwen believes life should be run like a beauty pageant, and not based upon merit. Pedigree matters more than the electoral and lawful process of a campaign. The wishes of the voters matter little in contrast to the wishes of the elitists.

Her apparent opinion? We should salute and honor these elitists, not our flag and military. Our principles and our votes are for sale. We should embrace an Obama-supporting professional politician, like John Barrow, because he is a smooth-talking lawyer, while we ignore Barrow’s dishonest and deceitful record.

Gwen’s view of the world may represent a certain small segment of our population, but she sure does not represent this Republican woman. I have known Lee Anderson for years. He always has demonstrated his dedication to our community. Integrity is his suit and sincerity his voice. He will serve all of the citizens of the 12th District with honor, and display the sense of duty and accessibility that always has characterized his public service.

avidreader
avidreader 10/10/12 - 06:04 am
Good Letter!

Although I will not support Mr. Anderson in his attempt to defeat Mr. Barrow, I consider your letter to have substance in its message. The Honey Boo Boo remark was uncalled for. I am an independent voter, and I pay close attention to both the Republican and Democrat choices. I believe this is what Gwen F-Y is doing; however, her remarks have become a blister on her reputation as a community leader.

Techfan
Techfan 10/10/12 - 07:31 am
Ms. Young's Honey Boo Boo

Ms. Young's Honey Boo Boo remarks were obviously nothing but lies straight from the pit of Hell!!!!!

Techfan
Techfan 10/10/12 - 07:55 am
" I believe in the fair tax,

" I believe in the fair tax, uh, fair is fair. It's uh, to where everbody will be able to contribute, uh, will even uh, people that pays to come here to visit pays not only the people that live there. Even the illegals is here will pay. I believes we need to, uh, work out a tax structure unintelligble unintelligble unintelligble".

Now who can argue with that?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/10/12 - 07:58 am
Buzz Words

This letter is almost exactly like Gwen Fulcher Young's letter. It is full of platitudes, not facts or logic. Ms. Galeas gives these reasons to vote for Anderson: dedication, integrity, sincerity, honor, duty and accessibility.

Some facts are that Anderson voted for the T-SPLOST bill in the General Assembly and then campaigned for it in the referendum. Presumably he voted for it on the ballot since he campaigned for it. He also voted for imposing the sales tax on internet (i.e., mail-order) purchases. Two out of two on tax increases. That does not sit well for me because it hinders the economic recovery in Georgia.

Lee Anderson is a big government Republican. We cannot afford him.

omnomnom
omnomnom 10/10/12 - 07:59 am
Oh my that was hilarious

Oh my that was hilarious techfan! I'm reallly at a loss as to what a true conservative is. Is it the one that won't cut the military at any level despite the national debt or is it the one that agrees votes for anti terror laws that treat Americans in the manner of fascists? Show me your papers! Vote for the nice man on the tractor who helped raise sales tax in the csra by thirty three percent. Vote for the man whohelped Georgia power to rate increases and who has stressed the budget of local governments across the state with the manufacturing energy tax break which will basically be a property tax increase forall the little folk. At least Anderson has the Washington d.c.mindset. I guess. :-) former republican for barrow!!!!!

americafirst
americafirst 10/10/12 - 08:27 am
Techfan,you amuse me this

Techfan,you amuse me this morning and your point is well made. As much as this conservative republican hates to agree with you, I am voting for Barrow who I consider to be a moderate democrat. This area and this state used to have a tradition of sending moderate democrats to Congress (See Sam Nunn, Doug Barnard). Anderson has been in hiding since the first primary and for good reason. His advisors know that the worst thing Anderson can do is open his mouth and spew out the diatribes that Techfan mocks so effectively. Despite my political leanings, I never vote for anyone just because of the letter (R or D) following their name.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 10/10/12 - 08:52 am
There is NO

such thing as a conservative Republican who votes for a democrat!

F4therTime
F4therTime 10/10/12 - 09:01 am
Maybe...

Lee could talk better if he used a teleprompter?

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/10/12 - 09:23 am
He is a empty chair.

Let him join his fellow empty chairs Isaakson and Chambliss. They only listen to lobbyist who write their bills, appropriations, pork barrels and amendments for them.

Maybe we can build an interstate to Sandersville.

Where is the money collected for the GA 300, GA/Fl Turnpike, Savannah to the Chattahoochee River? They have completed about 35 miles of it in four decades?

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/10/12 - 09:24 am
We would be better served by sending goats to Congress

At least they would say Nay, Nay, Nay to everything.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/10/12 - 09:28 am
We are not all like Gwen.

Some of us would vote for anyone who can bar b que a hog.
Some of us would vote for anyone who can ring a chickens neck without getting scratched.
Some of us would vote for anyone who says they are a Christian.
Some of us look for a date a the family reunion.
Some of us can count to twenty one naked.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/10/12 - 09:41 am
F4therTime10/10/12 - 09:01 am

"Lee could talk better if he used a teleprompter?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that assume the ability to read and think of what you are saying at the same time?

dichotomy
31960
dichotomy 10/10/12 - 09:43 am
Everytime I think about this

Everytime I think about this I want to line up all of those Republican voters who crossed party lines to vote for Peebles and kick them right in the butt. You should have known that you cannot fight the Democrat party demographics in Richmond County and you have probably cost the Republicans a seat in Congress. I hope you are happy with the results of your voting fiasco.

dichotomy
31960
dichotomy 10/10/12 - 10:01 am
"assume the ability to read

"assume the ability to read and think of what you are saying at the same time"

Oh I think Lee Anderson can read and think just fine. He just doesn't speak well. My concern with him is his support of things like TSPLOST and the "internet tax". A TAX is a TAX and I hate Republicans that support more taxes just as much as I hate Democrats that support more taxes. I guess I will have to write in NULL the congressional race. Some may think Barrow is a moderate Democrat but, for me, he is a Nancy Pelosi Democrat who refuses to vote to repeal Obamacare.

As for Gwen....who cares who she is supporting. Anybody who can be influenced by Gwen Young should probably not be allowed to vote anyway. She's never been concerned with anything but lining her pockets and social climbing.....hence her concerns with our "appearance" if we were to elect slow talking Anderson.

Retired Army
Retired Army 10/10/12 - 10:09 am
dichotomy10/10/12 - 10:01 am

"Oh I think Lee Anderson can read and think just fine."

But at the same time? :)

Now as for your 9:43 post, it's freezing day in Hell. I gave it a thumbs up.

Jane18
Jane18 10/10/12 - 10:24 am
Retired Army 9:41am

RA, tell us, do you honestly think Obama is the only one that can "master" a teleprompter? Dichotomy, keep on telling it like it is! You are one smart commenter!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 10/10/12 - 10:59 am
Conservatives really are on

Conservatives really are on the horns of a dilemma... The above posts rightly point out the weaknesses in both candidates.

Vote for Barrow, and try to unseat him in '14; in the meantime hoping it doesn't compromise a Republican majority.

Vote for Anderson, hoping that he has a winning primary challenger in '14 that sends him home.

I find it very distasteful to vote for either, and I just might NOT.

mycomments
mycomments 10/10/12 - 11:03 am
Dichotomy makes a good point.

Dichotomy makes a good point. I don't usually just vote the party either, but in this case, our Country cannot afford to lose a Republican Congressional seat, especially if our current President is re-elected. So you voters worried about our image in Congress, give some serious thought to how losing a Congressional Republican seat will affect our Country. Vote Republican in Congressional races. I think Mr. Anderson should be making this the most important point in his race.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/10/12 - 11:19 am
Conservatives must support Anderson

My 82 year old mother called me last week with her concerns over the upcoming election, in particular Anderson vs. Barrow. After talking with her for awhile, I realized that one of the most important things we can do is to talk with as many senior citizens that we have influence with. Don't assume they understand anything about what is at stake in this country.

As to giving any more attention to Gwen's remarks, people who know her, do not, so why should those who don't?

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 10/10/12 - 11:23 am
A "registered" Republican

voting for a democrat in ANY instance is a RINO. John McCain and Meeghan McCain ARE RINOs. democrats have an agenda to destroy the Republican Party and it's WORKING!

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 10/10/12 - 11:29 am
So you think we should appropriate the extra $2T for defense

that the Pentagon hasn't even asked for? That's not very fiscally conservative of you. And what about the flag? Do you really think Democrats like it less than you? The flag represents America in all of its diversity, but idolatry isn't good for anyone. In fact, the Bible has something to say about that.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/10/12 - 12:47 pm
Jon Lester, just how is

Jon Lester, just how is flying the American flag a form of idolatry?

F4therTime
F4therTime 10/10/12 - 01:42 pm
I was...

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the way tech said Lee talks. Obama stumbles just as bad and his reading and thinking may struggle too...see corpseman if you have a doubt.

Angie H
Angie H 10/10/12 - 01:34 pm
"And what about the flag? Do

"And what about the flag? Do you really think Democrats like it less than you? "

Well, it WAS the Democrats who violated Flag Code with this.

AND this.

Angie H
Angie H 10/10/12 - 01:37 pm
Techfan should watch

Techfan should watch this.

Now who can argue with that?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 10/10/12 - 02:13 pm
techfan.

techfan.

F4therTime
F4therTime 10/10/12 - 02:18 pm
So which is worse?

A simpleton who isn't very well versed in public speaking and not a brilliant scholar or a Harvard educated lawyer that can't string a sentence together without his beloved teleprompter?

justthefacts
justthefacts 10/10/12 - 02:34 pm
Really

Why we picking on Honey Boo Boo!

Angie H
Angie H 10/10/12 - 03:29 pm
Willow Bailey....you can

Willow Bailey....you can forget about it. Some people here consistently run like the wind when confronted with facts.

carcraft
carcraft 10/10/12 - 07:45 pm
Angie H Your 1:37 post is one

Angie H Your 1:37 post is one of my favorite Obamaisms. My other one is the New Mexico Memorial Day speech, http://obamabarack.blogspot.com/2008/05/barack-obamas-memorial-day-speec... you just need to watch the first 15 sec…LOL this is a prepared speech!