Get your affairs in order

A notorious atheist went for a physical checkup. The doctor reported that he had a terminal disease and that he should get his affairs in order. The atheist was beside himself and asked the doctor if there was anything he could do. The doctor thought for a minute and replied that he should go to the sauna every day and each day turn up the heat. The atheist asked how could that help him. The doctor replied it could help him get used to the heat because of the place he was going.

The Bible says, “It is appointed unto men once to die and after that the Judgement.” My friends, I can tell you like it is because I’m not seeking a popularity contest. The Bible also says, “All are sinners, both the saved as well as the unsaved.” The Bible further says that if we acknowledge that we are sinners, and accept Christ as our savior, we shall be saved.

Our churches are full of worldly people who go along to get along. We have sat passively by and allowed our nation to become godless. My Bible tells me that it will be the church that will be judged first.

It would be my educated guess that in the near future, our country will experience another false-flag attack such as 9-11, but on a much larger scale, to justify martial law, and many of us will die.

If I were you, I would get my affairs in order.

Andy Windham

Wagener, S.C.

Techfan
Techfan 10/06/12 - 04:56 am
So Andy, you believe the Bush

So Andy, you actually believe the Bush administration blew up the World Trade Center? Oh my, now the conspiracy theorists start coming out of the woodwork.

omnomnom
omnomnom 10/06/12 - 06:02 am
which church will be judged

I do not doubt for one minute that we are on the (long and slow hopefully) march to martial law.

And everyone, please don't let this chance for the apocalypse pass you by without setting up a will for your loved ones

(dont want beelzebama or the other evil gubmint goons to get it by default)

Techfan
Techfan 10/06/12 - 06:14 am
"which church will be judged

"which church will be judged first?" I think it's alphabetically. Everyone still has time to convert to Zoroastrianism.

myfather15
myfather15 10/06/12 - 06:44 am
This is not a person I would

This is not a person I would listen to for my spiritual advice, thats for sure. One, because if he believes the 9/11 attacks were from the inside, thats enough said in of itself. Two, he is clearly a pick and choose Christian who has listen to "Traditions of His fathers" rather than traditions of God.

People are NOT, I repeat ARE NOT going to sit in hell and fry like a piece of bacon, never dying, just frying!!! That is one of the worst traditons MEN have ever taught, because it didn't come from God.

Yes, there is a fire. The last verse of Hebrews says "For our God IS a consuming fire." Yes, there is a literal lake of fire, but what does fire do? It destroys!!! Christ taught (Matt 10:28) "Fear not them which kill the body, but fear HE who can DESTROY both body and soul in hell."

Revelations 21:8 Speaks of many people that will be thrown into the lake that burneth with fire and brimestone and says this is the SECOND DEATH. Not the death of the flesh (1st death) but the death of a persons very soul, existence (2nd death).

Luke 13:3 Christ teaches; Unless ye repent, ye shall all likewise PERISH!!

John 3: 15-16 teaches; That whosoever believeth in Him shall not PERISH but have everlasting life.

II Thessalonians 1:8-9 teaches; Those that obey NOT the gospel shall be punished with everlasting DESTRUCTION.

Believe it or not, there are MANY more scriptures about what will happen to those who refuse to change and repent but I figured this is enough. Traditional Christians continue to teach this stuff of sitting and roasting in a fire for eternity, completely ignoring the scripture about destruction and the fire being a death. It is ridiculous and unthinkable to imagine someone sitting in a fire for ETERNITY!! We can't even comprehend an enternity, not to mention sitting in a fire for enternity. Just punishment is for those who won't obey to be destroyed and thats exactly what God says he shall do.

If there is a possible lesson to learn here, it would be to pay attention to God and NOT MEN!! Men will lead you astray, God will not. Men LIE constantly and are unwise, God does not and it all knowing. Just because a MAN says something about the Bible, don't assume its factual. Do your own homework and establish a personal relationship with God.

Techfan
Techfan 10/06/12 - 06:55 am
I always figured it was more

I always figured it was more of a sitting in a room full of out of tune bagpipe and accordian players for eternity.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 10/06/12 - 07:14 am
Punishment requires consciousness

II Thessalonians 1:8-9 teaches; Those that obey NOT the gospel shall be punished with everlasting DESTRUCTION (myfather15).

The verb "punished" tells us that the people who have disobeyed the gospel will be conscious and therefore aware of their everlasting destruction. The word "destruction" means ruin, not anihilation. So, the people being punished will be conscious as long as their state of ruin lasts, and the word "everlasting" means that there will be no end to their destruction or ruin.

Techfan
Techfan 10/06/12 - 07:22 am
"For us, there are two

"For us, there are two “hells”, really. One is a state of pain, guilt, and anguish where the spirits of the wicked will be after they die but before the final judgment (we often call this state spirit prison). The other is an everlasting state of hell reserved for a few truly wicked (we commonly refer to this one as outer darkness). Because the second state only applies to few, for the majority of people hell will not last forever: after the final judgment most people will receive some degree of glory."

Techfan
Techfan 10/06/12 - 07:23 am
These are they who are liars,

These are they who are liars, and sorcerers, and adulterers, and whoremongers, and whosoever loves and makes a lie. . .These are they who are cast down to hell and suffer the wrath of Almighty God, until the fullness of times, when Christ shall have subdued all enemies under his feet, and shall have perfected his work

Techfan
Techfan 10/06/12 - 07:27 am
Because all on the earth do

Because all on the earth do not have the opportunity to accept the gospel during mortality, the Lord has authorized baptisms performed by proxy for the dead. Therefore, those who accept the gospel in the spirit world may qualify for entrance into God’s kingdom.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 10/06/12 - 07:36 am
The whole church is judged first

which church will be judged first? Is it the one that just built a 20 million dollar spaghetti supper hall? (omnomom).

The whole church, God's household, will be judged first.

"For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And, 'If the righteous is scarcely saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?' Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will entrust their souls to a faithful Creator while doing good" (1 Peter 4:17-19).

Techfan
Techfan 10/06/12 - 07:50 am
Who needs scientists on the Science and Technology Cmte?

"All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the big bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell. And it's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior. You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I've found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I don't believe that the earth's but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That's what the Bible says.

"And what I've come to learn is that it's the manufacturer's handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually, how to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all of public policy and everything in society. And that's the reason as your congressman I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I'll continue to do that."

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/06/12 - 07:53 am
Religious Debate

No Comment From Me.

Butterbean
Butterbean 10/06/12 - 07:59 am
I love these "debates".

I love these "debates" because it always ends in the same manner: To those of us who believe, no explanation is needed. To those who do not, none will suffice.

Techfan
Techfan 10/06/12 - 08:13 am
A man and his wife when

A man and his wife when glorified will have spirit children who eventually will go on an earth like this one we are on and pass through the same kind of experiences, being subject to mortal conditions, and if faithful, then they also will receive the fullness of exaltation and partake of the same blessings

Jane18
Jane18 10/06/12 - 08:28 am
Comments

You folks know I cannot let some of this get by me....To fundamental_: "destruction" does mean ruin, but, in Greek it goes farther than that, it means death, punishment. And for your 7:36 post, that was Paul speaking, and he was talking about teachers, priests, pastors, reverends, etc..This should really put "the fear" in some of the so-called men and women of GOD, that "think" they are teaching truth, and in all reality they are Not! And techfan, techfan, techfan, please tell us where you are getting the things you are saying...........Way to go myfather15!!

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 10/06/12 - 09:34 am
So when is the other shoe going to drop, Techfan?

Who is it that you find so deserving of your scorn?

Bush?

Carter?

Romney?

YeCats
YeCats 10/06/12 - 10:31 pm
When a body is buried, the

When a body is buried, the earth will dispose of it, by organisms. These organisms, if not fed, then will die.

There is a place, where the worm will not die: Isa 66:24. Mark 9:48

Arrangements have been made for us to miss this terrible place! John 14:6

faithson
faithson 10/06/12 - 09:53 am
and u want me to vote republican ????

Rep. Paul Broun, R-Ga.,

“All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell,” Broun said in a recent speech at the Liberty Baptist Church Sportsman’s Banquet. “And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 10/06/12 - 10:18 am
Class dismissed !!!!!!

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Andy Windham...you've just been dismissed!

*Typical letter that The Chronicle just loves to print.
*Why do I have 13(?) points? I want my point total to be represented as a negative number!

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 10/06/12 - 10:45 am
Some of your preachers

deserve judgment ahead of everyone, but shouldn't it have already happened by now?

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 10/06/12 - 11:05 am
9/11 = way too many coincidences

Someone explain how 9/11 WAS NOT an inside job?

From folding money to illustrate the towers faling.

To William Cooper's mysterious death AFTER he announced on his radio show that a false flag event in the near future (9/11).

The Patriot Act. How many fredoms were given up? Started by Bush, extended by Obama...two sides of the same coin.

JFK's speech about Secret Societies before his death.

The first Bush's speech on 9-11-1990 about the NWO.

The numerology associated with 9/11 and many other "mass murders".

Benizhiar Bhutto saying that Bin Laden has been dead for many years.....later what happened to her?

Tupac spoke out against secret societies....what happened to him?
Bob Marley
John Lennon
Jimi Hendrix
Marilyn Monroe
Michael Jackson
Former Meet the Press host.

Don't believe everything you are told by the MSM....think for yourself.

We are in an extremely spiritual time period.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 10/06/12 - 11:00 am
little comment...

..from me as well. Only to say that my affairs are always "in order", as I was taught that any moment may be your last....

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 10/06/12 - 11:47 am
Class dismissed!!!!

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. A.W. - you've just been dismissed !

(Maybe this will get printed after the second time I have to send it in.)

grouse
grouse 10/06/12 - 11:54 am
Just read the letter:

Just read the letter: paranoia with no basis in fact...

burninater
burninater 10/06/12 - 03:15 pm
It's always a little

It's always a little unsettling to know that otherwise reasonable people arrange so much of their lives around the contested meanings of the translation of a translation of a translation of a collection of writings by unknown authors.

And I will never understand how people that worship a Creator can knowingly destroy His Creation in the pursuit of artificial plenty and pretend they think nothing of it. Perhaps that constant internal conflict helps fuel the obsession with Apocalypse? A miserable person praying for the end of their misery?

TParty
TParty 10/06/12 - 05:21 pm
MyFather15 has always been a

MyFather15 has always been a respectable Christian- and throughout the history of the church there have always been good and decent people.

However, there has also been negative actions, with bad people- getting their message and power from the bible and church. And I'm putting this letter writer in the negative category. This is an example of crazy religious fundamentalist, and sadly- he is the first kind of person outsiders of the religion look at, and is enough evidence to dismiss all Christians.

Even though I do not believe an ounce of the bible- I strongly appreciate MyFather trying to educate the writer- who I hope seeks out MyFather15 for more guidance.

Just as there are bad Muslims, there are bad Christians. With billions of followers, it is going to have really rotten apples. MyFather is doing something that all good and sane followers of their religion should be doing- which is reach out the crazy, and also make it loud and clear that members of the faith are not loony and to shut down that crazy talk.

I'm telling you right now- it strongly concerns me when people speak of their god, and say things like "We have sat passively by" "our country will experience another false-flag attack such as 9-11, but on a much larger scale" "If I were you, I would get my affairs in order."

It's the lone wolf that scares the FBI and other law enforcement folks... just saying...

scgator
scgator 10/06/12 - 05:36 pm
To ALL of the above

To ALL of the above "posters"; whether a person believes or dis-believes the writngs of the Bible is totally irrelevant. We could argue both sides until "you know what" freezes over, and it will not change anything. If you don't believe, then dismiss all of this reteoric; and if you do believe, then get back to your prayer life, instead of spending time trying to convince non believers that you are right. Even, in the Bible, when the Apostle Paul preached, it said........"some believed the things Paul and Silas preached, and some did not....." so, leave it alone. You are NOT doing God any favors by "arguing" your point. God does not need you to present HIS case; HE just wants you to live it. HE will take care of those who do not believe.

myfather15
myfather15 10/06/12 - 07:37 pm
@fundental

When you destroy something, its everlasting. Just for an example; If you burn your house down, you may rebuild another house in the exact same position and with the exact same floorplans. But is it the exact same house? No, it doesn't have the same wood, the same walls, ect. When God destroys, It will be everlasting. For the other comments about "the worm dieth not". I would absolutely love to get into that deeper but its just absolutely too long to discuss in this forum. Thats something that could only be debated in person, with God's word in your hand and a concordance. Just keep digging into God's word, search the Scriptures and beware of what MEN say.

myfather15
myfather15 10/06/12 - 07:46 pm
@scgator

I must disagree with you somewhat. We ARE helping God when we witness his TRUTH. Whether people accept it or not, is not up to us and we shouldn't be concerned about that. But people NEED to hear Truth, whether they will hear or forebear, they need to hear it. God told Ezekiel he was sending him to an unfamiliar people. He told Ezekiel to tell them HIS words, whether they will hear or forbear, tell them anyway. Because in doing so, Ezekiel relieves himself of any responsibilty for their decisions. God told him if he didn't go to them, he would require their blood at HIS hands, but if he told them God's Truth, he was not responsible for them anymore. People MUST HEAR TRUTH. Thats all I do is witness God's Truth, No more, no less. Its up to the people to hear or forebear. Thats the truth of Christianity. We don't force people to Love God because it wouldn't be TRUE LOVE. God wants our PURE LOVE. Given by our own FREE WILL which was and is still the greatest gift he ever gave us. Many other religions and SOME Christians want to force people to serve their God. That IS NOT God's way!!! Now, having said that. We also don't need to remove Him from all public discourse. As a Country we should still embrace Him and love Him. Just don't punish those that don't, leave that up to Him. He is well capable of taking care of His children.

fedex227
fedex227 10/06/12 - 09:40 pm
If you get a chance ...

and I know the traffic and parking are totally out of whack - make it over to the new Steak and Shake on Jimmy Dyess. Burgers are okay but the shakes are really good. Definitely worth the trip before you leave for purgatory, the fires of hell, or to bask in the sunshine of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Whatever your final destination plans