Parole is not an option

Regarding the article “Convicted killer will have parole hearing (Oct. 2):

I was only 35 years old, married and rearing a family in Augusta when several men went on a killing rampage in the Augusta area. Three men linked to the killings – Nathan Brown, Jose High and Judson Ruffin – also were linked in Crawfordville to a ruthless, senseless and cold-blooded murder.

A gang was not satisfied in just robbing Henry Phillips’ gas station; they also kidnapped him and his stepson, Bonnie Bulloch. The gang drove them to the woods outside town to murder them in cold blood. Bonnie was only 11, and likely scared of what was going to happen when the gang stopped the car. According to testimony at the trial, Brown taunted the little 11-year-old on the way to the woods. How sick is that?

Phillips somehow survived being shot as he lay on the ground. Little Bonnie was not as lucky.

I am asking everyone to contact the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles through its website – www.pap.state.ga.us – to let officials know whether they should parole people such as Nathan Brown. This poor excuse for a human being should never be released. Please contact the pardons and parole board as soon as possible.

Dewey Hill

Martinez

myfather15
myfather15 10/05/12 - 05:27 am
A needle sounds about right

This shouldn't even be a question. He should have a needle in his arm and society would be rid of such a waste of space and air. Just another pathetic example of our wonderful liberal society, failing the citizens miserably!!! This man could actually get out now. I ask any bleeding heart liberal to actually and truthfully answer this question, Would you want him to move next door to you and your family??

buzzman1946
buzzman1946 10/05/12 - 06:34 am
no parole for Nathen Brown

People that commit crimes of the magnatude that Nathen Brown and his friends did should NEVER get paroled, There is no reprieve for the little boy that they killed, or the terror that Mr Phillips went through.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/05/12 - 07:15 am
The right to life is challenged again.

The right of the innocent to live and breathe or the right of the guilty murderer to live and breathe. A sick society says the "survivor" has the rights. Since society has no power to restore life, logically society cannot bestow a posthumous right to live and breathe. America has an twisted, sinful view of the sanctity of life.

We give metals to those that are dead and cry for mercy for their killers.

Why? Because America has lost its knowledge of the existence of a "God given soul". America has lost its knowledge of God. They now longer know their Creator, so they have invented a god who sees all carbon based life forms as sacred. Why not include the silicon or the calcium based life forms? Are they not worthy of protection? More to come. Lets no eat meat, it is our relatives. Lets not eat vegetation. It has a life and some say it has feelings and a sensation of pain. Di-hydrogen Oxide may have feeling. Lets stop drinking water and ban its use in waste treatment.

Save the owl, the stripped minnow, the stray dog and cat. Kill the innocent human baby who is causing an inconvenience to my lifestyle.

Puppy mills, baby mills, irresponsible animal breeding to excess. Plain and simple.

Lunacy has no boundaries in the base animal lifestyle. Fornicate, masticate, urinate and defecate. Never seeking to rise higher individually or to elevate others.

david jennings
david jennings 10/05/12 - 07:29 am
Mr. Hill is right on

Mr. Hill and I must be about the same age as my youngest son was born that year. I remember the crime well and how angry it made me. Because I know through my family' experience with violent crime in 1995 what the Phillips family went and is going through, I contacted the parole board and pleaded with them to please make Nathan Brown serve his life sentence. Anything less is unacceptible. Through my Faith I have learned not to hate and I have even forgiven the men that killed my Father anf Brother and let God be the Judge. But, it is society' duty to keep them away from the good people of this world until they meet their maker and then He will know what's in their heart.

Young Fred
20829
Young Fred 10/06/12 - 12:42 am
How about a life sentence?

Tried the website.

Tried “parole database”, didn't have enough info to continue.

Tried “pardons”, got Georgia's definition of pardons.

Tried “frequently asked questions”. Got more definitions.

Tried “clemency”. Got definitions.

Sure wish there was a simple way to register a common citizens outrage.

I guess the “State Board of Pardons and Paroles” has their checklists to follow. Can't have common citizens logging their opinion, don't you know, they may not know “all the facts”.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/06/12 - 06:37 am
Try this, Fred

One letter on paper is worth a thousand web site submissions.

Young Fred
20829
Young Fred 10/06/12 - 07:27 am
You're absolutely correct LL!

I'll be bringing this up to my friends and colleagues also.