Don't vote Democratic

Thanks to Lowell Greenbaum and Victor Reilly for giving me a little inspiration from their letters to the editor every month. It all sounds so good and touches the heart. It almost gets me wanting to be a liberal – until I’m reminded that their line of thinking has gotten this country $16 trillion in debt.

We elect a president every four years to lead this country and uphold the Constitution, not divide the country based on class warfare or race. The House of Representatives that makes laws and spends our money has been in Democratic control 64 of the past 80 years. The Senate that passes the laws has had Democratic control for 58 of the past 80 years. So I ask: Who does it seem got us in this mess?

Facts do not lie. We are spending $1.3 trillion a year that we don’t have. Where do we stop – $16 trillion, or $20 trillion? Do we just keep going and see what happens? That seems the way of the Democrats.

Here’s the reality: Someone’s going to endure some pain. Who’s it going to be – you, your kids or your grandkids? Take your pick – it’s coming.

I have never been in denial, and always deal in reality. Voting Democratic is not the answer.

Gary McNeal

North Augusta, S.C.

myfather15
myfather15 09/28/12 - 03:18 pm
Look, I'm not a rocket

Look, I'm not a rocket scientist but I can look at an elephant and tell you it's an elephant.

Obama said as a candidate if a person makes less than 250k a year, their income taxes wouldn't increase at all. Yet, (and I certainly CAN prove this) with overtime, I made approximately $10,000 more in 2010 than I did in 2011 because overtime got cut back 2011. Yet, I paid more taxes in 2011 than I did in 2010. I did not change my dependents at all, so its seems my taxes went up. Just another Obama lie?? This man is a Deceiver in Chief, Apologist in Chief, Liar in Chief, Weakling in Chief and quite possibly Islamist in Chief. It is time for him to go!!!!

carcraft
carcraft 09/28/12 - 03:45 pm
Obama lied about our dead

Obama lied about our dead Ambassador Stevens in Libya. Obama knew ONE DAY after the incident it was a terrorist attack. The US was warned by Libya the situation was unstable. It is so unstable FBI agents cannot enter and investigate! State Department Memos have now been deleted. Despite this Obama has Ambassador Rice on talk shows all day Sunday (The Sunday after the attack) lying and saying it was a demonstration that got out of hand. Obama reiterated the Demonstration out of hand BS at the UN. So why was Obama’s intelligence so shoddy they didn't see this coming having received warnings 3 days before? If they didn't know the circumstances of the incident why did the White House create some BS story now proved to be just that, a BS story instead of saying we don't know? If they didn't know the circumstances of the attack why didn't they? Well this is typical of Obama's incompetence for the WORLD to see. Now all you Obama supporters please defend his lie. Democrats are even asking for an investigation into this incident. Then Obama calls the FIRST DEATH OF A US AMBASSADOR SINCE 1979 A bump in the road!!! I looked in the paper today about the attack on the US Embassy and the status on the on going investigation. Not one news Item! It is like it never happened!

wayne2410
wayne2410 09/28/12 - 04:22 pm
Obama calls the murder of a

Obama calls the murder of a US ambassador a "bump in the road". While addressing a hispanic crowd during the 2010 midterm he called those of us who was not going to vote democrat " the enemy ". I consider Obama my enemy, he is a threat to the way of life our forefathers fought for. Obama truly is an enemy of the United States and what it stands for.

burninater
burninater 09/28/12 - 05:59 pm
Wow. Now if we could only get

Wow. Now if we could only get this type of outrage when over 100,000 people, including over 4,000 US soldiers, are murdered in an adventure in Iraq, the world would be a very different place.

Because the outrage over Ambassador Stevens is about human life, not about something as petty as politics ... Right?

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 09/28/12 - 06:12 pm
The title says it all....

...Don't vote democrat!!....

wayne2410
wayne2410 09/28/12 - 06:39 pm
I'm not qualified to express

I'm not qualified to express too strong of an opinion about the merits, or the lack of, of the war but even I know the solution to an unwise war is not to run up more and more debt and divide the country into different groups. Something Obama and the dems are trying so, so hard to do. Sadly, with some success.

userone
userone 09/28/12 - 06:52 pm
OK THEN

I think republicans would be surprised that their fellow republicans are freeloaders also. I hear them talk about Obama but they get assitance for food, healthcare, housing, and their kids eat reduce lunch. I just dont understand.

carcraft
carcraft 09/28/12 - 06:58 pm
We have lost more troops in

We have lost more troops in Afghanistan under Obama than we did under Bush! Of course Obama refused to follow recommendations of the military commanders. That Obama is just so smart. Having never done anything he is just such a wonderful brilliant person! Look how well the economy is doing! My heaven his mid east policies have provided stability that there ate only road bumps like the death of ambassador!

wayne2410
wayne2410 09/28/12 - 07:00 pm
I don't doubt it but the main

I don't doubt it but the main point is we need to energize the private sector and many of the people who are on some kind of relief will not be anymore because they will be working again, which may self correct some of the issues itself, at least to some degree. More people working, less living off the govt would go a long ways. Many people would gladly do it regardless of their voting preferences if the govt would get out of the way and let the private sector breathe again

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/28/12 - 07:52 pm
The Economy

The economy was doing great until Bush got a Demoncratic Congress then it went to h&^* in a handbasket real quick.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 09/29/12 - 05:40 am
Burnitnator - My point simplified for you.

Maybe you should skim through Zell Millers book on what SIG's political groups make up the National Democrat Party.

Sure the Republicans have a few strange puppies in their fold. BUT, Those far right agendas are NOT part of the RNC platform or agenda. Nor did the RNC remove the word GOD from their Agenda. But IF you will check out the Youtube Video you'll see DNC delegates loudly BOO'd when the word GOD it was added back into the Democrat Political platform agenda.

QUESTION: So how do you trust a man that insults GOD and begrudgingly only "displays" a thread of moral fiber? What do YOU base your trust on?

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs