Go see '2016' Obama film

As a retired member of the armed forces and a first-generation American, I consider myself a strong patriot and a person who believes in the framework of this nation as well as its ideals of freedom and opportunity.

Our president and commander-in-chief, Barack Obama, is a unique individual in many ways. One way is that he was elected without the average citizen knowing much about him and what circumstances shaped his thinking over the past 51 years. However, during his election campaign he did have a lot of appeal with a great number of people based on what they saw and heard from him, which influenced the way that they voted.

Recently, I went to see the movie 2016: Obama’s America, and came away with a lot of new and extremely important factual knowledge about our president and about the direction that his life’s compass is pointed. One phrase about the movie that caught my attention was: “Love him or hate him, you don’t know him.”

Since I believe that voters should be informed about whom and what they are voting, I felt that people should know about this movie. Go see it, and then make a more informed decision when it comes to election time. This movie contains information that all voters should be aware of, whether they be Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, etc.

Being a realist, though, I know that a certain percentage of people are satisfied with a gut feel about a person, and don’t want to take the time to watch a very unusual, yet very credible, documentary film that might make a difference in their thinking. Unfortunately, if that percentage of people is large enough, then the fate of this country is no longer in the hands of the same kind of people who worked and sacrificed to build and protect it.

In 1961, another Democratic president made a famous speech where he said, “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” Well, one thing that you can do is take about 90 minutes and whatever it costs to see this movie. For me, it was very meaningful and moving, to the point of inspiring me to write this letter.

Len Sjostrom

North Augusta, S.C.

KSL
KSL 09/22/12 - 01:38 pm
I believe from previous

I believe from previous posts, techfan is a mail nurse who lives on land larger than a subdivision lot and who is a fan of GT, not Gerorgia Regents Institute of Technology, because a lot of relatives of his went there.

carcraft
carcraft 09/22/12 - 01:38 pm
One other point on the tax

One other point on the tax thing and the rich, If all the rich people who made over (I beleive it is) $ 1 million dollars / year were taxed at 100% we could not pay off this adminisrtation's one year deficits. We would have to ax the entire military budget. If Obama gets re-elected we are headed to Greece!

KSL
KSL 09/22/12 - 01:42 pm
I would love to visit

I would love to visit Greece, for the food, but not that way.

harley_52
harley_52 09/22/12 - 01:42 pm
Allhans said....

"I have seen the trailer and the movie and I haven't seen what TechFan says she has seen ...I need to do some research and see if I can find those scenes."

Save your effort. They aren't there.

You have accurately described the movie.

Your comment that "Really folks, I was surprised that it did not portray him in a bad light..it was left to the individual watching to make his own determination" is dead on.

All the chirping from the lefties is nothing but the sound of their political agenda.

YeCats
YeCats 09/22/12 - 02:19 pm
No sir, don't need too.

No sir, don't need too.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/22/12 - 02:50 pm
Ya really get tired of

Ya really get tired of progressives untruths. Like the Bush tax cuts "only" help the rich, but what a bold face lie. Even with the Bush tax cuts we find most Americans pay 25-30% of their income in some taxes (different ones but still we all end up paying). This redistribution of wealth is just immoral-they have to demonize the wealthy (who have done nothing but had some luck and success) so they can "rationalize" stealing-how perverse and sick. We all had equal access to that potential. We all make choices-I preferred PhD rather than MD so I don't make near the income I would have otherwise-who to blame-me. Sure it's not fair but when the heck did life become fair. Obama believes in this stealing (if the wealthy had cheated by paying less taxes who did they hurt but the government not the public and they dole the majority of the govt take anyways. Obama is dedicated to this perverse ideology-he hates the wealthy ironically. He also prefers expanding govt and more spending-which is just illogical and insane. I don't like this division and we should note Thomas Jefffersons comments on govt size from the Federalist Papers: "I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious. I believe it might be much simplified to the relief of those who maintain it." Expanding govt will just exacerbate our problems not alleviate them. It's not I support Romney, but I just can't support an inexperienced, incompetent Obama. I am worse off, everybody I know is too. I wish humans were these perfect altruistic beings but we aren't and such is the beast.

KSL
KSL 09/22/12 - 03:12 pm
Biz

Are you my twin? Everything you said could have been spoken by me, but not as well.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/22/12 - 04:12 pm
no thanks

I don't see one sided movies. It's probably the same as a Michael Moore documentary only conservative.
I think I'll spend my money on things like food.

allhans
allhans 09/22/12 - 06:23 pm
Badly needed at home dollars

Badly needed at home dollars going to Muslim countries courtesy of Obama/ He speaks well of Indonesia, has fond memories... He is on a mission it seems and too many Americans are aiding him in his efforts.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 09/22/12 - 05:52 pm

Thank you Len for taking your time to write your letter. I saw it. I took notes, and I am still feeling the shock waves of seeing what I suspected, to be well documented, organized and delivered without malice. What I was not prepared for was to discover A NEW MEANING for WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION! His agenda is not really funnelling any significant money into the hands of the American poverty or middle class level, but back into the middle east. His mission is his father's dream.

What we have become is very adept at looking the other way and not facing critical issues until we are forced into them by unmanageability. My fear is that when that occurs, we will be well on our way to fundamental changes that not even One American would choose if given another chance.

The question the middle class and the poor should ask themselves is NOT do I like him; not do I like what I HEAR him saying, but what has he done to make good on his promises to me and others? Where is your check? Where is your job?

What does it hurt to see it, and then decide? At the very least you would have attempted an informed decision.

carcraft
carcraft 09/22/12 - 06:54 pm
Allhans Did you know that the

Allhans Did you know that the US Embassy in Indonesia has been temporarily shut down for two days now? I guess Obama is really popular there two!

allhans
allhans 09/23/12 - 02:01 pm
Oh my goodness, the horror of

Oh my goodness, the horror of it all. Say it's not so, carcraft....:)

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/22/12 - 10:27 pm
So the most liberal

So the most liberal (progressive) senator who became Prez has had two years with complete control of Both houses, and two years with one house for his liberal agenda. So now we have empirical evidence of the failure of the progressive ideology. But fior some reason people are like Lemmings and even feed the hand that bites them. Weird isn't it. Just think if Obama get his re-distribution plan. I will be a new form Bizarro slavery where initially the rich will be working to support entitled. But with time all salaries should reach the median- what's that about 55K. So it will be great everybody no matter what your job or occupatoin will make 55K. Sounds fair doesn't it. Wonder what jobs will be most popular?

KSL
KSL 09/23/12 - 01:39 am
And the retirement home for

And the retirement home for Obama might be a $35 million estate in Hawaii.

I have a question the skilled critical thinker who posts here. If you think the tax rates need to go back to pre- Bush, have you been voluntarily paying the difference? You do know it is possible, don't you.

I saw an article the other day about the number of people in the Obama administration who were owing back taxes.

I guess it is all about spreading everybody else's wealth around, not theirs.

KSL
KSL 09/23/12 - 01:49 am
Quick Google search

Our sleazy leader's office staff owes $844,000 in back taxes. Our esteemed federal employees and retirees owe 3.4 billion.

I am not a skilled critical thinker, but I think I may now understand the definition of leading from behind.

Census: Augusta young adults struggling

A new report shows that young adults in the area today are better educated and on average, earn more money than 30 years ago, but are far more likely to be unemployed, unmarried and living with ...