Go see '2016' Obama film

As a retired member of the armed forces and a first-generation American, I consider myself a strong patriot and a person who believes in the framework of this nation as well as its ideals of freedom and opportunity.

Our president and commander-in-chief, Barack Obama, is a unique individual in many ways. One way is that he was elected without the average citizen knowing much about him and what circumstances shaped his thinking over the past 51 years. However, during his election campaign he did have a lot of appeal with a great number of people based on what they saw and heard from him, which influenced the way that they voted.

Recently, I went to see the movie 2016: Obama’s America, and came away with a lot of new and extremely important factual knowledge about our president and about the direction that his life’s compass is pointed. One phrase about the movie that caught my attention was: “Love him or hate him, you don’t know him.”

Since I believe that voters should be informed about whom and what they are voting, I felt that people should know about this movie. Go see it, and then make a more informed decision when it comes to election time. This movie contains information that all voters should be aware of, whether they be Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, etc.

Being a realist, though, I know that a certain percentage of people are satisfied with a gut feel about a person, and don’t want to take the time to watch a very unusual, yet very credible, documentary film that might make a difference in their thinking. Unfortunately, if that percentage of people is large enough, then the fate of this country is no longer in the hands of the same kind of people who worked and sacrificed to build and protect it.

In 1961, another Democratic president made a famous speech where he said, “Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” Well, one thing that you can do is take about 90 minutes and whatever it costs to see this movie. For me, it was very meaningful and moving, to the point of inspiring me to write this letter.

Len Sjostrom

North Augusta, S.C.

Comments (44)

Techfan
Techfan 09/22/12 - 07:38 am

A work of fiction is not a documentary

You'll know as much about Obama after watching this right wing propaganda piece as you would about Bush after watching a Michael Moore film or about the Constitution after watching a Glenn Beck and David Barton video-which is absolutely nothing. Dinesh D'Souza is the poster child for the paranoid and delusional anti-Obama crowd. I really love the trailer when the black folks get in a fight over a Monopoly game and start knocking down the houses and hotels, then the cut to white people holding a candlelight vigil. He knows his target audience, old scared white people who think Faux News and Rush are factual and non-biased.

JRC2024
JRC2024 09/22/12 - 08:21 am

Tech, you can not dispute

Tech, you can not dispute that he has never had a non government jog, learned under not so desirable people, has socialistic ways, wants to redistribute what others have earned. I am not an old scared white person but I am one who has worked 44 years so far and am not in agreement of giving up my wealth to anyone else except to the people I want to have it when I die which is my family. I have worked enough people in my lifetime to know that you cannot change the work habits of those that do not want to amount to anything. I went to see the movie and liked it.

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/22/12 - 08:44 am

See it and decide.

Techfan....I notice you did not dispute the facts of the movie.....his upbringing, his mentors, his associates, his past statements, his history, and his actions since taking office that track right down the line with the conclusions the film makes.

2016 Obama's America lays out the facts of Obama's upbringing, mentors, associates, influences and draws a logical conclusion to explain Obama's philosophy, actions, and goals. If you see it, it will explain Obama's mideast policy, his refusal to meet with the Prime Minister of Israel while making time for the Muslim Brotherhood leader of Libya, and his intentional crazy spending in an attempt to lower America's status in the international economy by making our money worthless and ruining our credit rating.

Independents should at least go see it and make up their own minds. Don't listen to me or Techfan.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/22/12 - 08:46 am

Tech that isn't an argument

Tech that isn't an argument just your opinion. I haven't seen the movie nor will I, but can you document or prove anything is incorrect. I haven't seen a rush of the media to dismiss it, which given the media is largely sold on him-I find that odd if it were easily dismissed. I doubt you have seen the movie either so seems you are just dismissing it ideologically. It could be propaganda, but I will hold my own opinion till I see it rather just rush to judgement. It does sound like a Michael Moore type film which is also propaganda. I personally believe the chaos of his birth is of his own doing (beside the mistaken brochure the idea didn't come from a vacuum). I firmly believe he was born a US citizen but I believe he also lied on school applications and applied as a foreign applicant to assist in qualifiying and getting loans for school (because of poor grades or low income). It isn't uncommon, nor should it disqualify him- but sure reveals charater. That is just a deduction-I have no evidence, but I have experienced this phenomena with students.

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 09/22/12 - 09:10 am

Dinesh

2016 is abut what one might expect from a former Reagan advisor and Born Again Christian: an anti-Islamic, anti-liberal smear. There is not a single policy of Obama's which cannot be explained much more simply and convincingly by the fact he is a liberal Democrat! I did come away with one interesting insight, which is that both Romney and Obama have ancestors who were bigamists! Looks like Mormonism and Kenyan tribalism have something in common?

soldout
soldout 09/22/12 - 09:44 am

all you need to know

If you think a person with a mindset that thinks killing unborn babies and homosexually are good things should run this country then Obama is your man. What has to happen to a mind to reach that point. Within each one of us we know those are bad things and shouldn't be the thinking of any leader at any time. What does a person like that think is a wrong thing and if they don't care about life how would they care about you. He also lives and acts like a master of slaves which should reveal somethiing about him.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 09/22/12 - 10:02 am

If you fall for the film's obvious contradictions

then you really shouldn't be bragging about your service. Shouldn't you have a healthier appreciation for "anti-colonial" thinking?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 09/22/12 - 10:03 am

BINGO!!

"but can you document or prove anything is incorrect. I haven't seen a rush of the media to dismiss it, which given the media is largely sold on him-I find that odd if it were easily dismissed."

As is typical, no debating the facts, just try to slay the messenger.

writer
writer 09/22/12 - 10:07 am

Living in Augusta is always fun

Just to be honest, I won't see this movie and I have never seen a Michael Moore film either. I don't use my limited movie money to line the pockets of people with such blatant, one-sided agendas who make films with no entertainment value. And, while I don't care for Romney, I refuse to vilify his religion and family background (which is easy to do in the context of history and theology) in order to tear him down. Why the right is so afraid of Obama continues to mystify me, especially after his four years of doing, frankly, don't kid yourself, pretty much what McCain would have done (aside from health care reform, which McCain would have ignored). One review of the movie said something I find interesting: "Despite the unsophisticated production values, wild leaps of logic and speculative psychoanalysis, “2016: Obama’s America” is clearly succeeding at reaching an audience desirous of having its worst suspicions about Obama confirmed. If you really believe every ounce of this film, you must be getting ready to pack your bags and exit this country if the unthinkable happens and a duped electorate votes to retain the president and accelerate the destruction of America." Keep your suitcases handy.

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 09/22/12 - 10:15 am

"no debating the facts"

"no debating the facts" is NOT the problem with this film. There is much that is undeniably factual. But given almost any set of facts, the inferences and conclusions people can conceivably draw from them vary widely. D'Souza merely spins the inferences he prefers. One of the first goals of critical thinking is to distinguish facts from the various inferences which can be drawn from them. Sadly, most people are not very skilled critical thinkers.

crkgrdn
crkgrdn 09/22/12 - 10:32 am

Techfan is always a source of amusement

Nothing surprising with techfan's reaction. The usual personal attacks and spew. Don't let facts get in the way.

How can there ever be a dialogue with this kind of person when documented information is not allowed in the discourse.

My generation embraced JFK's call for service to country. That was a heady time where all of us were called on to work together for the nation; where all of us were made to feel that we had something to offer. And, in tandem with that notion was another: do not trust the government.

How far we have left that great road.

harley_52
19573
harley_52 09/22/12 - 10:45 am

"One of the first goals of critical thinking....

....is to distinguish facts from the various inferences which can be drawn from them."

Wow! Another self-proclaimed "critical thinker." Pretty impressive.

So, having seen it and exposed it to your razor sharp critical thinking process, what is it that you have determined to be wrong with it? Factually, not emotionally.

And what, specifically, are the "inferences" you object to? I saw the movie, I know how to think, and I saw it as an honest attempt to uncover the facts about Obama's background. Lord knows Obama has done his damnedest to keep it all a secret and the co-conspiratorial press has made it pretty easy.

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 09/22/12 - 10:48 am

"Don't let facts get in the way"

Ditto mine of 10:15. The concept is pretty straightforward: facts as opposed to interpretation.

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 09/22/12 - 10:50 am

"facts"

"what is it that you have determined to be wrong with it? FACTUALLY, not emotionally."

"an honest attempt to uncover the FACTS"

As the late lamented Ronnie Reagan liked to say, "There you go again!"

carcraft
20872
carcraft 09/22/12 - 10:58 am

writer says "Why the right is

writer says "Why the right is so afraid of Obama continues to mystify me, especially after his four years of doing what McCain would" Would McCain have a mid-east policy that has disparaged America and left radical Islam in ascendency? Please read Krauthammer’s editorial in today’s paper. Would McCain have wasted billions on green energy nonsense that is only costing America jobs and increasing energy prices? Coal mines and the jobs they provide are being lost. Coal Fire electric plants are being shut down increasing the cost of electricity to consumers and businesses. Does the writer really believe McCain would have added 6 trillion dollars to national debt in 4 years? Does writer really believe McCain would send his envoys out to lie to the American people day after day? The attack on the Embassy in Benghazi is a good example. Obama in Vegas parting and fund raising goes to bed (I guess it wasn’t a kill Bin Laden moment) In the Morning Obama wakes up and finds the American Ambassador dead in a terrorist attack that went on for 7 to 8 hours) The US ambassador could not be located for twelve hours. The local people of Benghazi were the ones that took Ambassador Stevenson to the hospital. Obama sycophants run out and say it was a demonstration over a You tube trailer that came out in JUNE. On the 14 of Sept the President of Libya says that it was a pre-planned terrorist attack. Military analyst reviewed what had been revealed and come to the conclusion it was a well-coordinated attack. On 16 Sept Obama Representative, Ambassador Rice , goes on News talk shows and says it is a demonstration that got out of hand. On Monday reporters find people living in the area who say there was no demonstration. Finally, in a Congressional hearing, Obama administration admits it was a terrorist attack. Unanswered question remain, what and where was Ambassador Stevenson’s security detail. Why were the warnings by the Libyan government 3days before the attack not heeded, etc.. This is only one of the egregious lies Obama has told the American people I could make a long list! Do you really think McCain would lie to the people of the US and the World in such a feckless manor? I can go on and on about the differences but so many on the left want to make sure their heads are squarely stuck in the sand!

carcraft
20872
carcraft 09/22/12 - 11:14 am

EEL, what do you know about

EEL, what do you know about Obamas mentor Frank Marshall Davis? What do You know about Obama's critical thinking about issues revealed by academic work. What do you know about Obama's legislative activity in Illinois? What do you know and do you know why Obama talked about the constitution of the US being flawed because it is a list on inhabitions and not proscritions. What did Obama mean when he said he wanted to fundamentally change America? How did Obama want to change and why? Please tell me! If not then movies like Obma 2016 will help fill the vacumn!

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 09/22/12 - 11:22 am

I've heard a much about this movie,

...But i'm not gonna see it...My mind was made up in November 2008 when this joke of a president was elected....Now we can all only hope that for the sake of the continuation of our representative republic that he's roundly defeated and sent into the same type of irrelevancy enjoyed as of late by the only president who comes close to being as inept as he is....James Earl Carter...Good riddance on November 6th.

I also agree with dichotomy's earlier post,essentially that those of us on the right have made up our minds as have those on the left. It's you independents that should be seeking out as much info as possible. The scary part about that , to me at least, is if you haven't made up your mind by now whether this guy is right for the country or not, do we want you voting in the first place?..

harley_52
19573
harley_52 09/22/12 - 11:18 am

"There you go again!"

I'll take that as an artful dodge.

Can't say that I'm surprised.

To me, it was an even handed, straightforward presentation of factual circumstances regarding Obama's background. The producer/narrator went out of his way to remind viewers that he was NOT drawing any conclusions. To my mind (and apparently yours too) there are no factual misrepresentations in what was presented. Refreshing.

As for me, nothing was earthshaking. It was pretty much what I already believed about his background from what I had read elsewhere. If there was anything NEW to me, it was the relatively strong sense of anti-colonialism that apparently motivates Obama's agenda more than I thought. But that really doesn't change anything, just helps explain it a little more.

I consider it a "must see" for all critical thinkers who want to consider facts, not emotion and agenda.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 09/22/12 - 11:35 am

For the record..

...Harley, I hear ya!
I'm just very, VERY particular with my entertainment dollar right now as my wife is currently unemployed, (partly thanks to the policies of this hack in the White House) and most of the material from what I hear, has already been released.
I guess, it being put into this form makes it a more powerful presentation than getting it in bits and pieces the last few years.....

Techfan
Techfan 09/22/12 - 12:18 pm

Dinesh D'Souza reasoning

Most gangsta rappers are black.
Obama is black.
Therefore Obama is a gangsta rapper.

KSL
KSL 09/22/12 - 12:27 pm

Conservative, I have the

Conservative, I have the book, Roots.... on my first Kindle. I would be happy to lend it to you to read, if you have not read it.

I have not seen the movie, but I do have a date with my husband to see it on Monday afternoon.

He works so much he doesn't keep up with the horrors going on in this country.

KSL
KSL 09/22/12 - 12:29 pm

Should have said "specific

Should have said "specific horrors," specific to Obama.

KSL
KSL 09/22/12 - 12:47 pm

Oh, and I can have

Oh, and I can download a lot more recent books to it, should you want to borrow it.

sconservative
sconservative 09/22/12 - 12:55 pm

See the 2016 film or BookTV

The film is worth watching, but, if you won't see it, then watch D'Souza talk about his book and do Q&A on BookTV (Dish is #211 on weekends). The schedule is online. Dinesh's answer on the Antichrist (mosquito in a nudist camp) is priceless!

harley_52
19573
harley_52 09/22/12 - 12:55 pm

Conservative Man....

I completely understand what you're saying. Like you, I had my mind made up about Obama long before election day, 2008. It was obvious to me that we didn't know much about Obama and that what little we did know was BAD. How "we" ever elected the man, we can only speculate. But we did, he's well on the path to destroying the Country and we must get him out of office in this next election, or we're doomed.

Bizkit
Bizkit 09/22/12 - 12:58 pm

Come on EEL you stated that

Come on EEL you stated that the middle class pay more payroll, state despite paying no or less federal which isn't true. You just made it up or someone else did. The factual data basically indicates middle class to rich pay 25-30% of their income in taxes. The distribution changes but the amounts are about the same. The lowest incomes pay 17-20% of their income. The ecological fallacies are raining today.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 09/22/12 - 01:28 pm

On taxes..don't forget...

...that the top 10% of wage earners pay over 60% of all income taxes collected.......Would the "fair share" types tell me what percentage would be more fair? 70, 80 or 90%?....Just asking....

KSL
KSL 09/22/12 - 01:38 pm

I guess they want it to go

I guess they want it to go back to the 90% era.

But here is the catch. When the tax rates where lowered under Reagan, a lot of deductions were taken away. To go back to those rates with the lack of the deductions is one heck of a tax increase.

allhans
21990
allhans 09/22/12 - 01:46 pm

I don't know some get their

I don't know some get their ideas about the movie. Nothing in it mentions Obama's place of birth ....but then I'll bet you already knew that. Much of the movie is things you have seen on the news ...also sound bites from the mouth of Obama.
Really folks, I was surprised that it did not portray him in a bad light..it was left to the individual watching to make his own determination.
I have seen the trailer and the movie and I haven't seen what TechFan says she has seen ...I need to do some research and see if I can find those scenes.

swcohen
swcohen 09/22/12 - 02:06 pm

Saw it. The letter writer

Saw it.

The letter writer must've seen a different picture. This one was a disjointed character assassination, playing loose with the facts, making wild, blue-sky assumptions, and all but stating that yep, that lean, athletic, smiling man in the Oval Office MUST SURELY be the antichrist.

Look, I could probably put together a pretty convincing case "proving" that Mitt Romney is a robot. And if I had the means, I could produce one hugely entertaining film, showing you where he was assembled. I could interview his programmers. I could take you on a field trip to see the prototype, hidden away in a drab research facility outside Detroit. This would in no way mean that he really is a robot. Just that I could tell you he was, and you'd believe it.

Overall, "2016" reminded me of the Red Menace short films that they showed us way back when communists supposedly lurked behind every hedge, all across suburbia.

I kept looking at the lower right corner of the screen for the FOX News logo.