Romney remarks no secret

Mitt Romney was being honest when he uttered his “47 percent “ diatribe in front of his type of people. He confidently said in public what is cowardly spoken in private.

It is a fact that rich people have contempt for poor people. Therefore, it stands to reason that rich presidential candidates have contempt for poor voters. To this, both rich Democrats and Republicans are in agreement.

Neither Democrats nor Republicans have any desire to help the lower class advance out of its impoverished state. The difference is the Democrats make the poor comfortable, while the Republicans make the poor uncomfortable. However, both work to keep the poor in serfdom and systematically dismantle the middle class to add to the serf pool. This focus has been the mission of every president since Richard Nixon.

If published, the mission statement from Nixon to Barack Obama would read as follows: Work for the rich by working over the middle class and lower class.

constituent
constituent 09/19/12 - 11:39 pm
Mitt Romney was not being

Mitt Romney was not being honest, he was talking out the side of his neck as usual. The 47 percent he was talking who recieve government assistance like food Stamps , SSI ,Medicare and Medicaid don't even get out and vote. But, what Mitt said about the 47 percent I hope when you read this it will feel like you have been walking on hot coals. Borrow somebody car go register to vote before Oct.8, he called the 47% "freeloaders".

Insider Information
Insider Information 09/20/12 - 12:29 am
Sealed the deal

Mitt's comments sealed the deal for me....

He has my vote.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/20/12 - 09:03 am
Let me be perfectly clear

The politicians both Republican and Democrat could care less about your quality of life. Their only quest is to get elected and once that happens their only quest is to get re-elected.

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/20/12 - 10:11 am
Romney merely spoke the truth

Romney merely spoke the truth and I am proud he said it. The 47% who do not pay taxes are not interested in his message of cutting taxes and cutting spending and probably will not vote for him. That is all that he said and it is a lot closer to the truth than not. I want him to stand up and say it again LOUDER.

Rich people do NOT have contempt for poor people. But you cannot help someone who makes no effort to help themselves. It's not contempt....it's merely facing facts. The only votes up for grabs in this election are taxPAYER votes.

And yes, ALL politicians primary concern is to get re-elected. Our 4 year election cycle is one thing that I do not like about our system. I kind of like the idea of some other countries where the legislators can hold a "no confidence" vote.

Gary Ross
Gary Ross 09/20/12 - 10:41 am
I agree with dichotomy. I

I agree with dichotomy. I know several families that I've personally tried to help through the years, but no good has come of it. What starts as an act of kindness and compassion, always makes me feel ugly inside because I'm enabling laziness. You cannot help someone who has no desire to help themselves! And it's not the rich having distain for the poor. I continued to help people even when I was laid off! On the other hand, those who genuinly do need help always dig themselves out of the hole, like I did, because of decent moral values. There's a tremendous difference between laziness and down on your luck. I wish liberals would stop trying to put people in general catagories. It is not right.

This is a country of opportunities. Everyone has an opportunity to go to college and make a better life for themselves. It's what you do with those opportunities that will spell success or failure, and it's all about choices. Failures should not be rewarded by taking from the successful.

Evil Regal
Evil Regal 09/20/12 - 11:32 am
I can't believe I have

I can't believe I have otherwise intelligent people on here who are so hellbent on "anyone but Obama" that they're willing to believe Romney's "47% of Americans pay no taxes" lie.

The idea that 47% of US citizens don't pay taxes is a myth that has been bantered about in order to score political points. First of all, the tax burden that we're talking about is ONLY federal income tax. It does not include any other taxes such as state tax and federal payroll tax. Second, the 47% (some have it at 51%) is only a recent anomaly and historically is closer to 40%. Remember also that the top 1% own 43% of the wealth but only pay 37% of income taxes. Wealth inequality is so bad that it is a serious moral issue now. 14 million children are hungry every day in just this country alone!

There's too much to go into here but if you Google "Misconceptions and Realities About Who Pays Taxes", you can link to an excellent article that should answer your questions. (Sorry - the direct link won't work for some reason.)

Angie H
Angie H 09/20/12 - 01:01 pm
"It is a fact that rich

"It is a fact that rich people have contempt for poor people. Therefore, it stands to reason that rich presidential candidates have contempt for poor voters."

You mean like Obama? Isn't he rich....or do you only make up stuff about rich Republicans? Why the double standard.

Angie H
Angie H 09/20/12 - 01:03 pm
Evil Regal....47% do NOT pay

Evil Regal....47% do NOT pay INCOME tax. That is a fact.

"Wealth inequality is so bad that it is a serious moral issue now." Why is it an issue...you make it sound as if the wealthy did not earn what they have. If they did something illegal, file charges, otherwise take your wealth envy elsewhere.

Right on
Right on 09/20/12 - 01:05 pm
History

If most of the 47% of the folks who pay no taxes ever read a history book, they could understand. The more a govt grows, the more it controls. The more it controls, the less freedoms there are. Sounds like a graduation towards socialism and then communism. Imagine someone controlling where you can get an education, where you can live, how much money you can make, what your profession will be, etc. All better wake up. This did not start over the last 4 years, it has been coming for a long time. The closer to the edge, the faster the ball travels.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/20/12 - 02:23 pm
Evil Regal stated "Remember

Evil Regal stated "Remember also that the top 1% own 43% of the wealth but only pay 37% of income taxes"

I'm confused. I thought there were only 6 income tax brackets ranging from 10% to 35%. How can the top 1% pay 37% if there isn't a bracket 37%, or have I missed some information somewhere?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 09/20/12 - 02:42 pm
Obama is brilliant

I will give him his due; Obama is brilliant at fooling the 47%. He is an inexperienced, unknown, unprecedented, unAmerican who tricked and lied his way into the Presidency of the United States of America.

Fool them once, shame on you, fool them twice, shame on them!

Steve62351
Steve62351 09/20/12 - 04:50 pm
The Pretenders

The statement you wrote is true, "Neither Democrats nor Republicans have any desire to help the lower class advance out of its impoverished state." Everyone knows (though many pretend to not know) that the ONLY way anyone advances is through their own work, not through someone else's "desire". Advancement can't be given, only earned. Each person's prosperity comes from their own effort to have it. Lending a helping hand is an American trait, not giving wealth or providing continuous support for the duration of a person's life. We have allowed Congress to change the safety nets into permanent help. Those who want to succeed can. Look at any group by race, creed, country of origin, religion, sex, or any other grouping you can name and they ALL have many, many members who have succeeded by their own hard work. Its no secret. But many people know they can suck at the government trough and not have to work. So that's what they do: suck.

wayne2410
wayne2410 09/20/12 - 05:33 pm
Shrimp has it right, none of

Shrimp has it right, none of them are really working for us. They will tell you anything to get elected, after that all bets are off.

YeCats
YeCats 09/20/12 - 06:17 pm
Mr. Romney needs to come up

Mr. Romney needs to come up with a plan to fix this problem. When Mr. Cain came up with the 9-9-9 plan, he received a huge push. Tax reform, now!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 09/20/12 - 07:16 pm
wayne, I don't totally

wayne, I don't totally disagree. The distinct difference is that Mitt doesn't hate America, Great Britain or Israel. That's HUGE to me. It's the vote winner.

Retired Army
Retired Army 09/20/12 - 10:22 pm
Nit Pickin' Fun

dichotomy09/20/12 - 10:11 am "The 47% who do not pay taxes"

Now I'm confused. Dichotomy very clearly and unequivocally states that 47% pay no taxes. Nor does he qualify this statement in any part of the particular post.

Then Gary Ross09/20/12 - 10:41 am States: "I agree with dichotomy." in the very next post. Is Mr. Ross agreeing to Dichotomy's statement about the 47% paying no taxes?

Then Right on09/20/12 - 01:05 pm States:"If most of the 47% of the folks who pay no taxes ever read a history book, they could understand."

One can only guess that these gentlemen in making such an absurd and untrue statement and then agreeing to it and re-enforcing it must either be very poorly informed, poorly educated or just makin'stuff(there is an appropriate expletive,but I'm tired of being reprimanded for the truth) up.

In any case, none make a good case for their position.

From augusta citizen09/20/12 - 04:08 pm"No one said they don't pay sales taxes."-"We all know they pay SALES taxes."

Could you please explain whom "all" might be in your statement? Certainly not the three Amigo's quoted here.

"I don't give 'em hell. I just tell it like it is and they think it's hell!"
Harry S. Truman, Democrat