Candidate shows disdain

Mitt Romney’s candid remarks shouldn’t be a surprise for anyone who has followed his poorly planned campaign.

This businessman made money by creating low paying jobs at Dunkin’ Donuts, Staples, Outback, Burlington Coat Factory, Michael’s, and Toys R Us. Many of the employees at these Bain stores don’t earn enough wage to pay taxes. Like the man who killed his parents wanting mercy because he is an orphan, Romney shows disdain for the nonpayers of income tax he help create.

Ninety percent of the people who vote Republican are white, which the Census claims is a shrinking demographic. Romney, the businessman, is attempting to save the GOP by getting a larger share of a decreasing demographic. This is an unsuccessful business model.

Romney doesn’t seem to grasp why everyone can’t be a rich white Mormon. It was so easy for him. The man is unintentionally entertaining. He could use a teleprompter.

seenitB4
seenitB4 09/20/12 - 06:03 am
Did you ever

Did you ever get sick of politics---the same old gotcha on both sides....will we ever have some we really like..we spend BILLIONS on elections....what a waste.

Insider Information
Insider Information 09/20/12 - 06:04 am
I am the 53 percent...

and that's why Mitt has my vote.

allhans
allhans 09/20/12 - 08:38 am
I'm with Insider

I'm with Insider Information....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 09/20/12 - 09:00 am
Rich white Mormon

For some reason I find this statement funny. Maybe it's because I'm an Average White Catholic.

scgator
scgator 09/20/12 - 09:34 am

IN THIS ARTICLE, IT IS ADMITTED THAT ROMNEY'S COMMENTS WERE INADVERTENTLY MISQUOTED AS SOMEONE "ACCIDENTLY" TURNED OFF THE RECORDER, THUS LEAVING OUT SEVERAL MINUTES OF HIS STATEMENT. HOW'S THAT FOR TRUTH IN JOURNALISM?

dichotomy
31990
dichotomy 09/20/12 - 09:39 am
We already know why everyone

We already know why everyone can't be a rich white mormon. It's because our government will pay you $350 a week to be a non-working Democrat.

Why don't you ask the workers at "Dunkin’ Donuts, Staples, Outback, Burlington Coat Factory, Michael’s, and Toys R Us" if they are glad they have a job or would they had rather those companies went bankrupt.

I'm with Insider Information. I am one of the MIDDLE CLASS, TaxPAYING 53% and I am voting for Mitt Romney. Not because I love Mitt Romney but because he can recognize a company....or a country.....that is in BIG TROUBLE and knows how to keep it in business.

Obama is running in an ideologue fog. Last night on Letterman he said he wasn't sure how much the deficit was. IT'S $16 TRILLION DOLLARS AND SKYROCKETING DUMMY!!!!!!!

Gary Ross
Gary Ross 09/20/12 - 10:16 am
There goes the race card

There goes the race card again. How typical! Why can't you recognize the truth when you see it? When your food stamps evaporate because the country is bankrupt, please don't complain.

willie7
willie7 09/20/12 - 10:47 am
I am tired of some people

I am tired of some people saying that 47% of the population does not pay federal income tax.

I have told several of them that the reason the 47% doesn't pay tax, is quite simple.

Many don't qualify and don't make enough income. I have done the research: 15-20% are disabled,and/ or receiving Social Security and/or welfare.

44 million people received SS, one -third receive SS only, 15 million, some type of aid income.

60% of the 47 percenters, work in low income jobs, for i.e.; nursing home aides, maids, janitors, teaching aides ,waitresses landscape workers,etc.

Others may make 50,000---$75,000, but have lot of dependents.
One third are Democrat voters---One third doesn't bother to vote----
And One third. Republicans.

And if they vote for Mit Romney, “Shame on them."

allhans
allhans 09/20/12 - 11:10 am
Looking at polls this morning

Looking at polls this morning Obama' favorability rantings is about 47%. Still, people keep griping about legitimate numbers. As Romney said, these folks will NEVER vote for him no matter what he says.
Same with the Romney numbers, you couldn't make us vote for Obama even at the point of a gun.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 09/20/12 - 11:18 am
Incorrect

I'm white, Baptist, Republican, middle class and I'm not only voting for Romney. I'm also voting against obabma. I have several black Democrat co-workers that are doing the same thing. I'm not just saying that, it's the truth.

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 09/20/12 - 11:19 am
Same coin, different side

How convenient for Mitt to make those remarks, and then for Obama to be on prime time late night television to offer his take on those comments.

How divisive BOTH set of comments were. How divided we are as a nation, heck, the nation was BUILT ON DIVISION.

NEITHER has my vote. Save me the, "they died for the right" speech.

YOU ARE BEING PLAYED.

MarinerMan
MarinerMan 09/20/12 - 12:20 pm
At Least I'm in the Game

@Henry -- At least I'm in the game. The people that are getting played are the people that voted for Obama, and will vote for him again this time. The Community Organizer hasn't even organized any communities in his 3.5 years in office. And our debt is @ 16 trillion dollars, and growing. Even after almost a billion dollar infusion, Solyndra went bankrupt, and Obama's contributor did not lose a dime. And not a dime of the infusion money was recovered. At least Romney is a business person. Trust me, we'll be watching Romney's every move.

stillamazed
stillamazed 09/20/12 - 01:54 pm
Alot of places have low

Alot of places have low paying wages, not just the companies that Romney has dealings with, is there any real news flash there? At least people working in those places have jobs and apparently want a job, if they didn't they would be sitting on their behinds collecting all the free handouts they can collect. It never stops amazing me how the Democrats are always talking about the rich, yet they are rich themselves....if takes money and power to get you in office and it takes money and power to keep you there. @Mr. Ledo, 90% of the people who vote republican do so because we are tired of working our butts off while most of the democratic voters choose to sit on their butts and do nothing but get over any way they can. They vote democratic because they think the democrats are going to give them something else that they have never worked for or earned. If I was lazy and wanted to sit at the hizzy all day doing nothing but being a slave to government and their hand outs then I would vote democratic also.

Bantana
2071
Bantana 09/20/12 - 04:57 pm
I am personally insulted by

I am personally insulted by the remark, "most of the democratic voters choose to sit on their butts and do nothing but get over any way they can". Perhaps that's the way it is on the distressed streets of Augusta. But I doubt it and in my personal circle of friends who most often vote the Democratic ticket, they are clergy, legal professionals, nurses, school teachers, journalists, software developers military personell and other educated, compassionate and hard working folks. To generalize Democrats as leeches is wrong and totally misinformed. I had dinner this past saturday with a US Army career intelligence officer that was candid enough to confide that in his considered opinion candidate Romney is a foreign policy hack that in some simple-minded, misguided, machismo mindset will plunge us into a deadly serious and catastrophic conflict in Iran thus leading to a destablized world energy market that will make the Great Depression of the 30's look like a church picnic. While the colonel did not agree with some of our President's policies, he believed that the President is, for the most part, doing a good job of walking a tight rope of emerging democracies in north Africa and the Middle East.

Bantana
2071
Bantana 09/20/12 - 05:37 pm
And before anyone pipes in

And before anyone pipes in with that tired old argument for drilling and building the Keystone pipeline so that we Americans can be energy independent, let me say that the oil business is a business and whatever Canadian oil flows through the Keystone pipeline will go on the world market. We don't have a lock on that Canadian oil. And if there is a hicup with Middle Eastern oil, the world price of oil will skyrocket and we will be hurting regardless. If we wanted to have "dibs" on the oil that lies beneath "our" soil, then let's nationalize the resource and control it. Frankly, I think it's smart to keep the oil in the ground for use at a later date, when there will truly be a scarcity. And I'm not talking about holding it until 2030, I'm thinking more like 2130.

YeCats
YeCats 09/20/12 - 06:28 pm
"Rich white Mormon". The writer summed up this election up in th

"Rich white Mormon". The writer summed up this election in three words.

I pray Mr. Romney gets the 53% .

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 09/20/12 - 08:59 pm
Poor Michael Ledo.....all of

Poor Michael Ledo.....all of that white guilt.....I wonder why Ledo doesn't quote the percent of non-whites that vote democrat? At least it's thirty more days until this drivel from Windsor can be regurgitated again.