Lee Anderson will listen to us

On Aug. 21 we will be voting for our congressional representative to run against U.S. Rep. John Barrow. I have known Lee Anderson for years, and he is as honest as they come. He has gotten his support from the everyday working people, and the funds for his campaign the same way.

When you have someone who has put more than $500,000 of his personal money into his campaign, it makes me wonder if Rick Allen is going to represent me or if he even knows what the average person wants.

I can assure the voters that if you select Lee Anderson, he will be there for you when you need him, and he will listen to you and your ideas.

Don Turner

Grovetown

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/19/12 - 07:03 am
What are friends for

if not to support you even when you are wrong. Lee looks and speaks like so many, many other good ole boy southern politicians. A down home boy wanting to go to the Big Show. We had a whole truckload of the same ___ from GA in 1972. A nuclear scientist who taught a Baptist Sunday School Class. A wolf in sheep's clothing.

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/19/12 - 07:05 am
I just want to go to Washington and change the system

Good luck. History is not on your side. The Bible is not on your side. The direction of ever increasing government and taxation has not changed since 1790.

soapy_725
soapy_725 08/19/12 - 07:09 am
Who is the us?

Is us, us? Backers, handlers and puppeteers. Semantics is not Lee's forte.

myfather15
myfather15 08/19/12 - 11:03 am
Really??

Mr. Turner, you will honestly assure me that ANY politician will "Be there for you when you need him"?

So I guess your saying he won't go a represent himself and what he wants, more than what his voters want. YEAH RIGHT!!!!

That is laughable sir. I'm quite sure you wouldn't bet your house on it, because you would be homeless. I know several people that have rented one of Lee's MANY houses in Columbia County. They will tell you that they couldn't get him to fix the AC or plumbing, not to mention "Be there for them when needed." Yeah, these aren't rich folks living in the upper scale neighborhoods, but does that mean they don't deserve to have their AC fixed QUICKLY, in the heat of the summer. I bet if it was someone who could contribute large sums of money to his campaign, he would do EVERYTHING he could for them, as quickly as he could.

This may sound like a complete bash of Lee Anderson but its not really. I'm quite sure he is better than Barrow and would receive my vote over him. What I'm saying is that none of these rich, or well off politicians can be trusted. Yet, people will talk about them like they are the most trustworthy people in the world. Lee Anderson is no different. He is NOT a friend of the little man and doesn't care any more about the little man than anyone else (my opinion). He is just another rich guy who decided to run for office. Why is it usually the rich guys who run? Lawyers, doctors, businessmen, farmers, ect. I just want to see a common "Joe" run for office. Someone making less than 50k a year. A fireman, policeman, or a guy working in a factory. Yes, I know many that are smart enough, and a lot more honest than these guys.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/19/12 - 09:31 pm
Frankly,

I would vote for Barrah over Anderson.

But I've already voted for Rick Allen in the runoff.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 08/20/12 - 12:19 am
Oh please

He ain't no better than any of the rest of them. If he ain't corrupt now, once he hits the Capitol, he will be corrupted in a matter of weeks.

Sickness closes all McDuffie County schools

One day after closing an elementary school because of excessive absences caused by illness, the McDuffie County School System has decided to close all seven of its schools, according to its ...