Politicians are misguided

I would like to comment on the Chick-fil-A controversy. In these times of economic hardship, you would think that politicians would be more focused on bringing in new businesses and creating more jobs. Instead, they are focused on a man’s opinion.

Granted, his opinion upsets many people, but they are just words. What is more important – gay marriage, or the growing number of homeless and starving children? I am sure that many would be grateful for the opportunity to earn a paycheck.

This just shows us that politicians and the government still have no clue about what is important. We are falling apart as a nation, and they choose to focus on a comment about gay marriage.

Sharon Norris

Grovetown

seenitB4
seenitB4 08/04/12 - 05:04 am
YES MAM

I 100% agree with you Ms Norris of Grovetown......we really have some tough problems.....jobs--jobs--jobs..

southernguy08
southernguy08 08/04/12 - 09:34 am
Sharon Norris

Good point. Not long ago, still in this economic crisis, our government thought it was more important to try and crucify Roger Clemens for steroid use, then they tried him for perjury. Lost on both counts, but imagine what did it cost the guy to clear himself. Ridiculous. Hey politicians, especially you Rahm Emmanuel, you walked in downtown Chicago lately? Its like high noon at the O.K. Corral. Get your own house in order before you criticize others, eh?

dichotomy
dichotomy 08/04/12 - 10:36 am
Please keep your eyes on the

Please keep your eyes on the chicken sandwiches and gay marriage while we slide the $16 trillion debt, 15% unemployment, Canadian pipeline, Fast and Furious, security leaks, and Solyndra et. al. issues backstage. The liberal media knows what's really important for America. Clear you minds, focus on the TV screen, and count backwards from 100. You're getting very sleepy. And oh yeh, while you are totally unconscious....vote for TSPLOST.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 08/04/12 - 10:40 am
If I could..

I'd give you TWO thumbs up on THAT one dich...

cheapster505
cheapster505 08/04/12 - 11:07 am
whose to blame?

whose to blame ? the ones elected to do the peoples buisness or the the people who vote like the wind voters who turn their backs on the pols because of polls and "Public opinion" todays Hot issues are tomorrows left overs the "Voters grow tired of doing their jobs expect someone else to have the answers give no help and just listen to the "Talking heads" for answers no "Talking head" has ever passed a single thing that helped you only signed a contract that helped them
and yet we listen and nod that's right 'that's so wrong etc never will the Big mouths ever run for office it's better to yell form the "CAVE" than in the "Sunshine" Isorry but "Tsplost" you thought the roads would FIX themselves and in the TAXED ENOUGH ALREADY era the money would come from where? so take the first step and pay for your own

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 08/04/12 - 12:16 pm
When a piece

of garbage denigrates another candidate to get into office, what do you expect? If you're a liar attempting to get into an elected position, what are you after you've been elected? harry reid, nancy pelosi, john mccain, rahm emanuel, tom menino, richard nixon, adam clayton powell, obama, charlie rangel, ted kennedy, john stevens, jordan-jackson, barney frank, jon huntsman, fidel, hugo, evita, stalin, lenin, hitler, and the rest of the bums in Washington and every state. Am I cynical? You can bet your local politician's derriere I am. In my lifetime, I have not seen a trully altruistic person seek office for anything but personal gain. I'm 63.

bubbasauce
20573
bubbasauce 08/04/12 - 03:29 pm
Amen dichotomy, oh my was I

Amen dichotomy, oh my was I politically correct saying amen? This whole country is ran by politicians who only want to be elected again and again because of their corrupt ways. Get rid of all we can come November! I can't wait.

KSL
KSL 08/04/12 - 05:59 pm
The problem is, bubbasauce,

Edit jumped. I wanted to change the you to all caps. Hence the double post.

KSL
KSL 08/04/12 - 05:58 pm
The problem is, bubbasauce,

The problem is, bubbasauce, YOU only get one vote and I bet your dog didn't receive a voter registration form.

KSL
KSL 08/04/12 - 06:05 pm
Talk about misguided. Did

Talk about misguided. Did y'all hear about the ICE agent who arrested an illegal alien who had 10 traffic violations. He was being held for deportation. The orders from the upper ICE were to let him go or be suspended, or worse, to lose his job. I guess his vote is important. The reason was stated that they needed to spend their resources on deporting worse criminals. I guess we can rest assured that when he finally does something that kills someone, he may, I say may, make that list. As an aside, would an American citizen get a get out of jail free card for 10 traffic violations. I don't get the idea they were parking tickets.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/04/12 - 11:18 pm
I don't get the LTE. Have

I don't get the LTE. Have politicians been weighing in on the CFA dust-up? I thought it was a kerfluffle created by the leftist media, then responded to by the right in a admirable fashion? All in all I think it has been just a blip on the news radar.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 08/04/12 - 11:25 pm
KSL, ICE now have their hands

KSL, ICE now have their hands tied. With our feckless leader's proclamation, all an illegal < 30 yrs old has to do is say "my daddy brought me here" and they can't do squat.