Scott Peebles has my vote

The Richmond County sheriff’s race brings a lot of experience to the table, but only one can win. I have seen and heard each candidate speak, but only one can actually move Augusta forward and really deal not only with the enforcement side but the administrative side. This would be Scott Peebles.

The law side is very important, but not as important as how much you can work with the public and hear what citizens have to say. He has learned from the bottom as well as from the top.

Scott Peebles is who I’m asking residents in my community of Harrisburg and in Richmond County to vote for. In interest of the community, vote for Scott.

rebellious
rebellious 07/30/12 - 01:51 am
I respect your opinion

I have no doubt Mrs Walker believes what she espouses in this Letter To The Editor. I respectfully disagree. Over the course of the last 4 months, I have learned many things about the candidates. Some reinforced previous experience or knowledge. Some was new to me.

I have grown to respect the experience of a road patrolman, supervising half the deputies at any given time, but most admirably, at night when the devils are on the prowl. I have learned much about the candidates personal behavior, and one stands head and shoulders in demonstrating fidelity.
As a child I was told "you are judged by the company you keep" or as my Dear Dad used to say "you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas". I have seen a talk show host politic for one candidate and berate another candidate, and his sister, and our respected sitting sheriff, and anyone who opposed him, to the point that it makes me sick. I have learned that birds of a feather stick together, and Austin Rhodes has the morals of a junk yard dog. Ask 2 of his 3 wives. And given time, I bet, you can ask the 3rd wife.
Would the city turn into Gothic City without Batman if Peebles is elected? Of course not. Will there be a mass exodus of RCSO employees if Robbie Silas is elected...Not from what I have heard from them.

So...end of day, what is the difference? Integrity is loosely defined as "what you do when no one is looking" well, that defintion is filled by Robbie Silas. He will be my choice, and I hope he will be yours.

seenitB4
seenitB4 07/30/12 - 03:02 am
WOW Rebellious

Now tell us how you really feel...:)

You are close to the action.....you know the players....we know there are so many sides that AC doesn't cover....without the comments on here some wouldn't know we had many others in the race..

I wish I had a dollar for every article..haha

Riverman1
Riverman1 07/30/12 - 07:28 am
I have seen one monumental

I have seen one monumental mistake after another by Peebles' closest people during this campaign. I don't mean supporters who just took things too far, but his intimate circle. Is this how the RCSO will be ran? I have learned much about the candidates. Silas has grown as the campaigns have gone on and Peebles has dropped like Thurmond Lake.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 07/30/12 - 08:52 am
Really, rebellious!!

Is that any way to speak of the "doctor of local politics."

willie7
willie7 07/30/12 - 09:30 am
I am betting on Roundtree---

I am betting on Roundtree--- most likely a runoff.
And Roundtree will motivate the voters to come out in large numbers; he will be our sheriff for the next 4 years.
Vote for "Tree", the sheriff to be.

janderson1945
1955
janderson1945 07/30/12 - 09:53 am
Peebles

Scott Peebles is certainly the best man for the job. He earned the support of our family as well.

rebellious
rebellious 07/30/12 - 01:03 pm
Who

Who let Roundtree's grandmother on the comments?

@Palm: The doctor of local politics has a bone through his nose and practices VooDoo.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 07/30/12 - 02:26 pm
I'm dyin' heah!

Rebellious, you got me cracking up! LOL!

Austin Rhodes
Austin Rhodes 07/30/12 - 03:06 pm
Now I have "Dooley's JunkYard Dawgs" by James Brown...

...playing in my head.

Good times, election season...good times!

rebellious
rebellious 07/30/12 - 03:20 pm
Someone tole me

My post is being read on the radio. Is Ryan B back in town?

Austin Rhodes
Austin Rhodes 07/30/12 - 03:29 pm
I wish Ryan B was back in town...

...he owes Sheriff Strength a bunch of money!

rebellious
rebellious 07/30/12 - 07:19 pm
Good Luck

Collecting that money, you or Sheriff Strength!