Don't change our morality

The Augusta Chronicle has done an admirable job of presenting the issues on the Jerry Sandusky situation. I have not seen, however, a discussion of how close Augusta is not only to exonerating him, but honoring him as one of an avant-garde morality.

Penn State and other universities are working hard to change morality, and where morality is changed, laws change as well. Look where we are with homosexual marriage!

Penn State offers courses that promote the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Alliance, such as “Introduction to Lesbian and Gay Studies,” “Straight Talks I: Advanced Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Peer Education,” and “Sexuality and Modern Visual Culture.” It also has the LGBTA Student Resource Center.

Penn State has only reaped what it has sown. Will Augusta State University? Will Georgia Health Sciences University? Will Augusta? Some Augusta State officials laughed at the ridiculous “publicity stunt” of Jennifer Keeton – who claimed ASU ordered her to alter her religious views on homosexuality – but acceptance of homosexuality is just one step toward acceptance of pederasty. Psychiatrists at GHSU teach the normality of homosexuality according to the standards of the American Psychiatric Association. The city of Augusta has allowed an annual gay pride parade (I do not buy that the “law” could not prevent its acceptance).

And the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA)? It is clear on its agenda. Its members want American morality changed and will want the laws against “man/boy love” changed as well.

I challenge The Chronicle to direct their outrage to our local officials and institutions promoting the NAMBLA agenda by their promotion of the homosexual agenda. To ignore our local promotion of morality that led to the Penn State situation is to be hypocritical in the extreme. Will we dare to criticize institutions that are “profitable” for the community? If not, in a few years you will have no basis for moral outrage because man/boy love will be both moral and legal.

Ed Payne, M.D.

Augusta

burninater
burninater 07/27/12 - 10:17 am
It’s just my personal view on

It’s just my personal view on this statement and possibly you read it another way, but to me it means he is saying homosexuality is just as morally wrong as pederasty, and if we are so accepting of one, the likelihood that in the future, we as an immoral society could become as accepting of pederasty.
-------
ICL, I completely understand your point, but I think this argument IS used to try to equate the two. I hold this opinion because I have never seen the case made that any types of non-sexual immorality will result from acceptance of gay marriage. If the case being made was the larger moral one you point out, then you would see people saying that gay marriage will lead to the legalization of theft or murder. Also, noone making this gay marriage/pederasty connection ever argues that OTHER forms of immorality that are legal -- sloth, gluttony, bearing false witness, adultery, etc -- will inevitably make pederasty acceptable.

TParty
TParty 07/27/12 - 10:25 am
ICL-

He rose from the grave, great- but the way he got there, the violence and torture was was brutal, horrific, over done gore. The story could have been told without all the gore, and blood spewing everywhere.

Talk about reading comprehension- clearly you're lacking in it. The writer states Penn State is tolerant to gays, and they reaped what they sowed, meaning being gay is not something to look down upon and ban, that is why children were hurt.

Then the writer says "I challenge The Chronicle to direct their outrage to our local officials and institutions promoting the NAMBLA agenda by their promotion of the homosexual agenda."

Implying homosexuality will lead to hurting children!! So you're wrong ICL, the letter writer is very clear.

Dixieman
Dixieman 07/27/12 - 10:36 am
Wow

A great tempest in a teapot. No one's mind will be changed by these monologues (not dialogues, as people are just talking past each other here). It does seem to me that a lot of homosexuals have in the past few years decided that the way to get what they want is to shout at and insult the rest of us. Guess what? This is a technique that is not only not working, but actually alienating a lot of us. Tone it down, cool off and back away. I think the appalling lack of civility and good manners here does not reflect the best of our Southern culture.

TParty
TParty 07/27/12 - 10:37 am
People have to fight for

People have to fight for their rights, Diximan. Freedom isn't free, and other quotes.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 10:39 am
Burn, I’m not saying that the

Burn, I’m not saying that the two (homosexuality and pederasty) have not been equated by some, just that in this particular article, in my opinion, he was not equating the two but that some read it as such because of the immoral sexual nature of both. Do we not equate slothfulness with gluttony, not in all cases but in some, one results from the other? What about adultery, don’t we naturally assume someone is promiscuous if they are found guilty of adultery, even if the occurrence is once.

One may not equate to the other but in most cases one immoral behavior normally lead to other immoral behavior.

GodisSoGood
GodisSoGood 07/27/12 - 10:55 am
Moral Compass

The problem in America is that we have lost sight of the moral compass on which our laws were founded. I agree with the LTE. Well put. Liberals...sit back and hush. Let a conservative take a stand for once.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 10:55 am
Why sugar coat it TParty. It

Why sugar coat it TParty. It was a violent death and He was torture, and He did it for you and I. Why not display His great sacrifice and love. Does the fact that He suffered and died such a horrible death make you feel uneasy when you watch this? Actually it makes me joyous and thankful that He loved me enough to die for my sins so that I might spend eternity with Him. It makes me humble and ashamed that I do not try and live my life more pleasing to Him but that He loves me anyway.

As for reading comprehension, you may choose to read or view the letter any way you please. If stating I'm wrong, makes you feel validated....that's your right. Doesn't hurt my feelings.

burninater
burninater 07/27/12 - 10:56 am
One may not equate to the

------
If this is the case, and this debate is about immorality generally and not gay marriage, where are the calls then for making gluttony illegal? For making sloth illegal? For making adultery illegal? If it is the case, as the letter-writer asserts, that accepting the immorality of homosexuality will lead to pederasty, then it follows that accepting the immorality of people gorging themselves on too many supersized meals will likewise lead to pederasty. I sincerely disagree that the letter writer objects to gay marriage on the basis of the consequences of accepting immorality.

Thethirdjq
Thethirdjq 07/27/12 - 11:00 am
Disheartening to see AC would

Disheartening to see AC would promote and give attention to a letter like this. The rape and abuse of children is entirely different from the consensual relationship between two adults.

I am amazed and disappointed with the majority of support and comments here.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 11:15 am
"Disheartening to see AC

"Disheartening to see AC would promote and give attention to a letter like this."

Is the AC only suppose to print letters in which you agree with?

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 11:19 am
" then it follows that

" then it follows that accepting the immorality of people gorging themselves on too many supersized meals will likewise lead to pederasty."

I suppose you could view it as such, if people found gorging themselves and being gluttons led to a sexual satisfaction.

I suppose the letter writer used homosexual and pederasty because both in his opinion are sexual immoral behaviors, but then that is just my opinion.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 11:27 am
TParty, I won't dignify you

TParty, I won't dignify you comment with a response only to say that your definition of Joy and my definition of Joyous and Thankful, have two different meanings.

harley_52
harley_52 07/27/12 - 11:57 am
My Position....

...I am against homosexual marriage

...I am against the celebration and/or encouragement of homosexuality by our public institutions

...I am convinced there is a relationship between homosexuality and pedarasty. It is illogical to believe otherwise.

...Most Americans don't personally, or philosophically approve of homosexual activity, but are willing to ignore it if it is not flaunted in public, financially supported with their tax dollars, shoved down their throats, and/or forced upon their children.

harley_52
harley_52 07/27/12 - 12:02 pm
One More Thing...

Dr. Payne wrote an excellent letter. Articulate, insightful, and right on the money.

OJP
OJP 07/27/12 - 12:23 pm
Disgusting

That's all...

OJP
OJP 07/27/12 - 12:24 pm
@harley_52

I'm convinced you are as intelligent as the good doctor.

Can we please speed the clock up so the bigots will die off?

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 07/27/12 - 12:25 pm
I was "gay friendly"

Decades before it was hip. I mean, it used to be kind of cool to know a gay person. You know: Old Uncle Bob an his "roommate" Tom who were a gay couple, but whom you still loved and respected. Or your otherwise "normal" redneck buddy who occasionally performed in a drag show in a nearby city. I always liked folks who went against the grain.
Nowadays, I am becoming less gay friendly. Why? Overexposure. Seems like everyone and their brother is now gay and can't go a day without shouting it from the rooftops, They deride religious people, but they want to be in their churches. They hate the Boy Scouts but they want their adopted kids to be in the The Scouts. The want to be accepted by the very people that they are constantly bad mouthing.
I used to be a proponent of gay marriage. Now I am not. I have joined the ranks of those sick of hearing about it and I am against it...because I go against the grain.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 07/27/12 - 12:51 pm
DMPerryjr

In spite of the fact you make some goofy remarks every now and then you come up with a gem. This is one of them

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 07/27/12 - 01:57 pm
Thanks Mr Duvall

Hope you are having a good day.

karlsruhe13
karlsruhe13 07/27/12 - 02:10 pm
Dr. Feelgood!

"To ignore our local promotion of morality that led to the Penn State situation is to be hypocritical in the extreme." Dr. Wipeass, how did get to this conclusion? Show us proof that homosexualism is responsible for what Sandusky did to all those kids. As far as I know, Jerry Sandusky was the only person on trial for his despicable acts against children not homosexual agendas, LGBTA, or gay marriage. People like you should be the first in line when another James Holmes strikes and that time will be in your own practice with your straight patients.

karlsruhe13
karlsruhe13 07/27/12 - 02:10 pm
Dr. Feelgood!

harley_52
harley_52 07/27/12 - 05:46 pm
OJP Said...

"@harley_52

I'm convinced you are as intelligent as the good doctor.

Can we please speed the clock up so the bigots will die off?"

I'm pretty sure the "good doctor" is a lot smarter than I and far more articulate.

As for your question about hastening the death of "bigots" please tell me....

* Who gets to identify the "bigots?"

* What's worse, someone who disagrees with your view on homosexuality, or someone who wishes you were dead because you do?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/27/12 - 08:50 pm
"ICL, in my opinion there

"ICL, in my opinion there are
ICL, in my opinion there are two false claims in this letter. One you have already pointed out (the pederasty claim); the other is the attempt to say that NAMBLA is consistent with consensual homosexual relations between adults. This is pure nonsense."

I have to agree with Burn on this post. NAMBLA's agenda is a far cry from the average gay person having relations with another consenting adult. If I could push a button and vaporize every last one of them (NAMBLA) I would do it and not lose a wink of sleep. I have contempt bordering on hatred for them.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 07/27/12 - 08:54 pm
"As someone above stated:

"As someone above stated: that ain't gonna get you nowhere. All you are going to get is a major push back against your agenda.
Big mouthed gays and their supporters are turning off even the most moderate of us - doing more harm than good for your "cause"."

DM Perry, I'm with you on this post too. My "live and let live" philosophy works both ways; I will leave you alone, but you jolly well need to stay out of my face!

myfather15
myfather15 07/27/12 - 10:07 pm
Gays are born that way,

Gays are born that way, Global warming is a fact and we all came from Monkeys. Those are all liberal facts that WE MUST ACCEPT, why? Because they say its a fact, although none have been proven.

Any African American/Black person, and women should be appalled at any liberal who would compare them to homosexuality in the aspect of being born that way. Two of them are proven fairly easily, the other, well I guess we are just suppose to take their word for it. Also, homosexuality is completely against the laws of nature. TParty, are you saying being black or a woman is against the laws of nature???

Can homosexuals naturally procreate? I saw where someone said something about an animal (I believe it was birds) having same sex partners. My dog will hump dang near anything you put in front of him, should we all act like dogs???? Can those birds procreate with birds of the same sex? I really don't care that birds wants same sex partners, or that dogs will hump a stuffed animal sometimes. I want to know, CAN THEY PROCREATE with animals of the same sex. After all, isn't that the purpose of sexual intercourse in the first place??? Yes, its quite pleasurable but that isn't the main purpose. Whether you believe in God or not, there is a natural order that occured somehow someway and it is that females and males of every species PROCREATE, thats good enough for me to not support gay marriage, period.

As I've stated on other articles, when I see a man pregnant by another man or woman by another woman, I will stand on the steps of Congress with a sign in my hand that reads "Its time to legalize Gay marriage." But I promise you, its never going to happen.

KSL
KSL 07/27/12 - 10:13 pm
That's the truth, DM and its.

That's the truth, DM and its. I have known throughout my life a lot of wonderful gay people. They were never in my face about their preferences. Nor I in theirs. This in your face is causing push back with me, as well.

KSL
KSL 07/27/12 - 10:18 pm
Great points, myfather.

Great points, myfather.

Nomaninthesky
Nomaninthesky 07/29/12 - 02:37 pm
unchristianlike

The behavior here from so-called christians is appalling. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Why not love all people equally and with a loving heart. It would do you some good.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/29/12 - 07:05 pm
Can you be more specific on

Can you be more specific on how your accused has acted unChristianlike. Specifics would help, because I've not seen where any professed Christian posting has acted unkindly. Also loving someone does not mean we have to agree or accept, what some may view, as immoral behavior. And stating something is wrong isn't being unChristianlike or something to be ashamed of. Caught one of my grandaughters telling a fib and although I didn't agree with her behavior and told her what she did wasn't right, I still love her (and thankfully she still loves me).

Nomaninthesky
Nomaninthesky 07/30/12 - 03:21 pm
response

City inspectors look to demolish Goodale House

Rob Sherman, director of Augusta's License and Inspection Department, said his staff plans to ask a State Court judge in early 2015 to order the endangered property, which was built in 1799 and is ...