Don't change our morality

The Augusta Chronicle has done an admirable job of presenting the issues on the Jerry Sandusky situation. I have not seen, however, a discussion of how close Augusta is not only to exonerating him, but honoring him as one of an avant-garde morality.

Penn State and other universities are working hard to change morality, and where morality is changed, laws change as well. Look where we are with homosexual marriage!

Penn State offers courses that promote the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Alliance, such as “Introduction to Lesbian and Gay Studies,” “Straight Talks I: Advanced Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Peer Education,” and “Sexuality and Modern Visual Culture.” It also has the LGBTA Student Resource Center.

Penn State has only reaped what it has sown. Will Augusta State University? Will Georgia Health Sciences University? Will Augusta? Some Augusta State officials laughed at the ridiculous “publicity stunt” of Jennifer Keeton – who claimed ASU ordered her to alter her religious views on homosexuality – but acceptance of homosexuality is just one step toward acceptance of pederasty. Psychiatrists at GHSU teach the normality of homosexuality according to the standards of the American Psychiatric Association. The city of Augusta has allowed an annual gay pride parade (I do not buy that the “law” could not prevent its acceptance).

And the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA)? It is clear on its agenda. Its members want American morality changed and will want the laws against “man/boy love” changed as well.

I challenge The Chronicle to direct their outrage to our local officials and institutions promoting the NAMBLA agenda by their promotion of the homosexual agenda. To ignore our local promotion of morality that led to the Penn State situation is to be hypocritical in the extreme. Will we dare to criticize institutions that are “profitable” for the community? If not, in a few years you will have no basis for moral outrage because man/boy love will be both moral and legal.

Ed Payne, M.D.

Augusta

burninater
burninater 07/26/12 - 11:18 pm
Please continue publishing

Please continue publishing the fact that some with a specific agenda are unable to differentiate between consensual adult relationships and the rape of children.

That agenda suffers irreparable damage with each airing of such abject irrationality.

svb14
svb14 07/26/12 - 11:31 pm
I thought I saw the good

I thought I saw the good doctor at Chix fill yay this afternoon!

ultrarnr
ultrarnr 07/26/12 - 11:42 pm
Incredible

I cannot believe that this paper actually prints such bigotry and hatred. You should be ashamed of yourselves for giving a voice to this prejudice.

myfather15
myfather15 07/27/12 - 12:50 am
Yes sir, just like typical

Yes sir, just like typical liberal blather, if you disagree with it, call it bigotry and hatred. Don't worry about proving your allegations, just smear it so less informed people out here won't give it any credibility. Heres a novel idea Ultranr, stop supporting this dastardly paper and their right wings beliefs, Unsubscribed!!!! Don't give them your money to print such vile disgusting articles. STAND FOR YOUR PRINCIPALS SIR OR MADAM!!!

Dr. Payne, thank you sir for telling TRUTH. One day, we shall be rewarded for it, and I pray that day come soon.

By the way, I plan on eating Chick-fil-a everyday!!!! I will drive 10 miles out of my way to give them my money. One reason is to support them, the other would be because their food is darn good. Love me some Chick-fil-a!!! Their milkshakes are completely out of this world good, along with everything else they make!! Don't be jealous libs!!

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 07/27/12 - 12:58 am
You might want to consult with your doctor

before committing to eating at Chik-Fil-A every day. Just saying...

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/27/12 - 02:03 am
Just what are you a Doctor of?

I found this letter full of made up garbage not to mention holier than thou judgement. I wouldn't go to you if you were the only Doctor on earth. Sir you are a bigot and a have no compassion whatsoever. I didn't realize you had an engraved invitation to the Last Supper.

Techfan
Techfan 07/27/12 - 02:51 am
Way back in the days when I

Way back in the days when I was in school, I stood for my principals whenever they told me to.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 05:38 am
I'm curious.....what exactly

I'm curious.....what exactly has Dr. Payne posted that is not true? (okay, 'acceptance of homosexuality is just one step toward acceptance of pederasty" may be seem a bit over the top but it's one man's opinion and could be viewed as true) Does "Penn State offers courses that promote the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Alliance"? Does "Psychiatrists at GHSU teach the normality of homosexuality according to the standards of the American Psychiatric Association"? Is it not clear what the agenda of NAMBLA is? According to their own website "It’s the love of a man for a boy, and of a boy for a man. Enjoyable, consensual, beautiful." Are there really people that see nothing wrong with this? In years past it was once viewed as immoral to be homosexual, today it is glorified. Isn't it just as possible for one day in the near future for man/boy love to also be accepted and glorified?

I think Dr. Paynes concerns and opinions are accurrate. (Shrimp, exactly where was Dr. Payne being a bigot and uncompassionate?) just asking?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/27/12 - 06:10 am
ICL

You're right. I re-read it and he wasn't being a bigot. My bad.
I just found his letter lacking in compassion. I also don't understand how he say's Augusta is not only exonerating him but honoring him.
I don't think anyone in this city would honor the monster who took away so many children's innocence.
As far as Jennifer Keaton is concerned that was a clash of couselors ethics laws. No one tried to change her religious beliefs. I must admit I don't know what pederasty is. I'll have to look that one up. I would just think Doctor would have more compassion toward his fellow man.
By the way ICL how have you been? I haven't talked to you in while.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/12 - 06:16 am
10 posters

9 for loving those little boys and 1 against....
I'm getting just do darn old for this Poo.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/12 - 06:38 am

a lot posters the time and trouble.......

ped·er·ast (pd-rst)
n.
A man who has sexual relations, especially anal intercourse, with a boy.

burninater
burninater 07/27/12 - 06:40 am
ICL, in my opinion there are

ICL, in my opinion there are two false claims in this letter. One you have already pointed out (the pederasty claim); the other is the attempt to say that NAMBLA is consistent with consensual homosexual relations between adults. This is pure nonsense.

TParty
TParty 07/27/12 - 06:50 am
You don't choose to be gay,

You don't choose to be gay, you're born that way. You do however choose your religion.

People who are against the LGBT community are on the losing side of history, much like those who believed woman should have no rights, blacks have no rights, and blacks should not be able to marry whites- all on the losing side of history.

Trying to connect homosexuality to rape of children is disgusting.

NAMBLA- what does that have to do with LGBT rights, and a parade?

Can I connect NAMBLA with followers of Christ because Priests diddle little kids? How about I do that- and when you Christians get upset by the connection, apply the weak connection and absurdity to this letter.

Acceptance of homosexuality is NOT one step toward acceptance of pederasty. It's not even in the same league. Disgusting...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/12 - 07:02 am
So What You Are Saying

"Acceptance of homosexuality is NOT one step toward acceptance of pederasty. It's not even in the same league." WRONG!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/12 - 07:04 am
Here Is The Key Statement

"where morality is changed, laws change as well. Look where we are with homosexual marriage!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 07/27/12 - 07:05 am
I read a study

Where this woman scientist studied seagulls and found out about 14% had mates of the same sex. I'm not kidding I saw it on the National Geographic channel

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/12 - 07:08 am
Say It Loud

"If you are against gay marriage say it loud."

I'M AM AGAINST GAY MARRIAGE!!

Chris 232
Chris 232 07/27/12 - 07:15 am
Mr. Payne (I refuse to call

Mr. Payne (I refuse to call this man a doctor) is a perfect example of right wing christian ignorance. His views are utterly false and disgusting.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 07/27/12 - 07:30 am
F4therTime

Good comment..."Our country was founded on the right to stand up and protest peacefully."

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 07:46 am
Burn, I fail to see your

Burn, I fail to see your claim that the writer say NAMBLA is consistent with consensual homosexual relations between adults. I believe what he said was “but acceptance of homosexuality is just one step toward acceptance of pederasty”. It’s just my personal view on this statement and possibly you read it another way, but to me it means he is saying homosexuality is just as morally wrong as pederasty, and if we are so accepting of one, the likelihood that in the future, we as an immoral society could become as accepting of pederasty.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 08:01 am
NAMBLA- what does that have

NAMBLA- what does that have to do with LGBT rights, and a parade?

TParty, I believe the writer was comparing the immorality and acceptance of these things he views as being wrong, not that NAMBLA and LGBT are the same as in personal behavior.

THE Question is.....what do you view as immoral. Each person has his/her different opinion but there is actually only one correct answer.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 08:06 am
Hey Shrimp....yes, it has

Hey Shrimp....yes, it has been a while. How is the new book coming along, hope sales are going well? Still writing and anything new on the way?

Jane18
Jane18 07/27/12 - 08:27 am
ICL has it right!

"Anytime you accept immorality of one behaviour, you desensitize yourself, and are more apt to accept other immoral behaviour". Just look around today, on television, movies, music, pregnancy of young girls, kids murdering other kids, children murdering their Own parents, vulgar language, gays flaunting their lifestyles, gay marriage, don't ask-don't tell, a president having sex in the oval office, ....do I need to go on? Because I can!! Just what do some of you consider morally wrong? anything....? nothing.....? I'm with George, AND I SAY IT LOUD TOO!!!!!

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 08:47 am
F4therTime, you are right but

F4therTime, you are correct to a point, but as a society where we all must live within, there has to be a neutral set of moral guidelines to liveby. If you felt sexually abusing your child was morally okay, marrying a 10 year old was morally okay, beating your spouse was morally okay, walking around nude in public was morally okay, then what you are saying is you should be allowing to behave as such, because after all my morality and your morality may differ and we should not impose our moral belief on anyone else? If I want to worship a cow, you say "hey that's your right". Yeah, until it's your cow I start worshiping and demand you allow me to retain that cow and you no longer have the rights to it, right? What you consider moral or immoral DOES have an impact on my life and what I consider moral or immoral has an impact on yours.....that is what laws and life decisions are made from.

TParty
TParty 07/27/12 - 08:57 am
"Anytime you accept

"Anytime you accept immorality of one behavior, you desensitize yourself, and are more apt to accept other immoral behavior."

Well the movie Passion of the Christ was a snuff film, nothing but torture, violence and blood. And Christians paid money to support that violence. Hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. So those that paid money to watch the movie Passion of Christ are more apt to accept immoral behavior... such as... killing other innocent people? Makes sense to me!!

If we are going to say that consenting adults loving each other leads the way to harming children, it should stand that people who wear a tortured man around their neck, and paid money to support the snuff film Passion of the Christ, then that leads to Christians being a Christian version of the Taliban.

TParty
TParty 07/27/12 - 09:03 am
Cobalt

"So What You Are Saying is a born gay male will never have a desire for a young male child and a born heterosexual male will never have a desire for a young virgin female."

I don't know Cobalt. Do you desire adults and children, or just adults?

Tots
Tots 07/27/12 - 09:07 am
F4therTime@7:43am,

posted this-If you are against gay marriage say it loud.

Tots says-I'm against gay marriage and i'm saying it loud!!!

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/27/12 - 09:20 am
Till 1973 both pedophiles and

Till 1973 both pedophiles and homosexuals were treated about the same and defined as perversions. Thankfully now those stigmas and myths have been dispelled. Most pedophiles are men but most are attracted to either gender ( a minority are homosexual pedophiles). It isn't gender it's age that is key-and now abuse too. The scientific literature is starting to define pedophilia as a sexual orientation as is homosexuality, and many biological features correlate equally with both-that isn't saying they are the same just things like birth order, etc. correlate with each behavior. I remember the old movies in public school telling you to watch out for homosexuals because they were all child molesters-absolutely no data to support the assertion. They showed Reefer Madness too. But biologically noting trends in behaviors in populations is worthy-scientist study behaviors like voting trends too. Genetically they can tell whether you will likely be a Dem or Rep. So much for free will.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 10:00 am
TParty, your opinion that The

TParty, your opinion that The Passion was a snuff film goes to prove you evidently didn't watch (or understand) the film. Christ actually arose from the grave (Thank you Lord!) so the film was actually about resurrection and restoration....not a snuff film.

"If we are going to say that consenting adults loving each other leads the way to harming children..."

TParty, no one has stated this or implied it. The opinion writer compared the immorality acceptance of one leading to the other, not that one leads to the other. It's all a matter of reading comprehension. If you read the article with a preset bias as to what the writer is going to say before actually read the article with an open mind as to what he/she is trying to convey.....I can see where you would have misguided thinking.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/27/12 - 10:06 am
"You are confusing moral

"You are confusing moral rights and infringing on the rights of others"

Should not all our rights, whether yours or mine, being morally based?

More Americans traveling this holiday season

You might want to get a head start to Grandma's house this year. It appears more Americans - 98.6 million - will be traveling this holiday season than ever.