Who says we hate Obama?

In response to Victor Reilly’s letter “Why the hatred for Obama” (July 8): Who said they hate him? Liberals love to spew the hate talk. What the writer really means is, “Why doesn’t everyone agree with him?” When children don’t get their way, they say “Why do you hate me?”A pitiful tactic.

Mr. Reilly presents his opinions as facts but they are far from it. The whole purpose of the Opinion page is to allow people to make comments that are not necessarily factual or realistic.

President Obama got the stimulus bill passed? President George W. Bush proposed the stimulus before he left office but then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refused to bring it to the floor of the House until Obama was inaugurated.

Mr. Obama was more than happy to support the bill to help his rich friends. Rich people make risky investments on mortgage-backed securities. Then they buy loss insurance from American International Group. Tens of billions of dollars went immediately to AIG, which gave all the fat cats their money back, at taxpayers’ expense.

Mr. Obama created 4 million jobs? Sounds pretty good if you ignore the fact that he lost 6 million jobs. There are 2 million fewer people working today than the day he took office. Bush did it, right? Did Bush promise unemployment would be 6 percent at the end of Obama’s first term?

General Motors would be out of business if not for Obama? How ridiculous! GM would have filed for bankruptcy, restructured, paid off its debts, ended multimillion-dollar executive bonuses and would be back on their feet by now. Again, Mr. Obama helped the rich executives and millionaire stockholders.

Bush caused the housing bubble to burst? The Democratic-controlled House refused to stop Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac from buying risky subprime loans.

Pelosi, Rep. Barney Frank and other lunatic liberals insisted everyone should have a house, even if they could not afford one. Mortgage companies did not care if you could make the payment or not. Fannie Mae was going to buy the loan, no matter what!

Finally, Mr. Reilly played the race card in his last sentence. His race-baiting and hate-spewing could have been accomplished with just his first sentence and his last. This is what his letter should have looked like:

“Why do so many Americans hate President Obama? Maybe it is his mixed race.”

I don’t agree with Mr. Reilly. Therefore, I hate him, I think ...

southernguy08
southernguy08 07/13/12 - 12:14 pm
CARCRAFT

BRILLIANT! Don't expect getting challenged on this point. Liberals ignore what they can't defend, or in the case of Obama, they pull the old race card. This is the only thing they can do, considering they can't tout Obama's great record on improving the economy. Its pitiful AND entertaining at the same time.

mgloz1
mgloz1 07/13/12 - 12:32 pm
Christianity VS Islamism

It's ok to be Muslim (in the Middle East). In America we are Traditionaly Christians and we are giving in to other doctrines than ours, and even further, we are accepting and letting them impose their rules. When they should be taking in our faith and customs.

KSL
KSL 07/13/12 - 01:36 pm
Carcraft, the stupid things

Carcraft, the stupid things that come out of Obama's mouth boggle the mind. I can only assume his underestimation of the intelligence of many Americans is the direct result of HIS OWN lack of mental acuity.

southernguy08
southernguy08 07/13/12 - 01:54 pm
MGLO

I've been all over the Middle East many times. I lived in S. Arabia for 3 years. I saw Muslim women treated worse than cattle. Equal rights? What a joke! Muslims might b and moan about how they're treated in America, but most know they're better off here than ANY Muslim controlled country. The fact that they're still coming here is proof of my statement. As for America "taking in" the Muslim faith, don't know too many who want to go back 800 years to the time when you could get your hands cut off for theft, or if you were a woman, be stoned to death because someone accused you of adultery.

Bruno
Bruno 07/13/12 - 02:14 pm
The main take-away from the

The main take-away from the letter is that disagreeing with Obama is not hatred of Obama. It is also valid to point out that I can hate what the person is doing or saying and still not hate the person.

KSL
KSL 07/13/12 - 07:47 pm
Hubris

The perfect word to describe 0's attutude, behavior, and statements. Ever noticed how he tilts his head up when he speaks, like his nose is in the air. Are the teleprompters placed too high for him?

KSL
KSL 07/13/12 - 07:50 pm
Was it the stockholders as

Was it the stockholders as well as the bondholders? I honestly don't know. The whole thing was totally disgusting.

myfather15
myfather15 07/14/12 - 04:17 am
I've been reported on here

I've been reported on here more times than I can count so its nothing new to me. I've even had to call Mr. Moores and promise to tone it down to get my privileges back, lol. I don't understand how people can get so easily offended either. I've NEVER zapped anyones comments no matter how bad they have been. Why? Because I'm a grown man, I can handle some strong backlash. I don't even care if you call me names, Oh well. But I guess its kinda like the liberals that walk into a courthouse and get "Offended" at the Ten Commandments. How can anyone get offended at such wonderful advice on how to live a decent life? Even if you don't believe in God, most of them are just good rules to follow to lead a life of respect and love. So if it offends you, let it offend. If the truth offends someone, does that make it less true??

Bantana
2071
Bantana 07/15/12 - 07:11 pm

ONactiveDuty
ONactiveDuty 07/17/12 - 07:27 pm
the wrong person is being hated

Of the last few years on Duty, I know this to be true facts, My original Commander in Chief George Bush, could have cared less about my well being or the purpose I joined the military on 911, he sent my friends and I into a war where his goal was Oil and lies at any cost, Humvee s with no armor plating, No Vest(s), poor intel, private mercenaries who were there to recover gold and nothing more, then to add insult to injury at home his elected party dismantled the banking laws, tempting individual to self destruct their financial stability, and in the eleventh hour the days prior to President Obama's election, he called Sen. John McCain(who came Unwillingly) to what appeared to the prepossess of a world wide depression, and at no time to debate the issue we swim or sink, no matter who had won the election, being dealt those cards I say that President Obama has done more for me and my brothers then the previous administration, and if you want to hate President Obama for putting the cost of these two wars in the budget ( NOT Hiding it under the table in another set of accounting books) 3.8 trillion dollars for a sand box in Iraq, and a mission for elite soldiers who took out Osama Bin Laden, when he was considered 'Unimportant"by President Bush, well 3.8 trillion and one mission Neptune's Spear, which was crafted by the Vice President Biden later I say their is allot of hate to go around , more than enough, 3.8 trillion dollars 4000 lives in the WTC, 4000 at war, 10,000 maimed, I think no matter how religious you are you consider yourself a conservative, with that blood on your hands, you better have hope that this IS a Forgiving God, I know I do every day, I went in a registered republican and 10 years later, boy do I know who to hate, and to be ashamed at myself for buying into this hate mongering Bunk.You can quote scripted excerpts all you want, Americans have a very short attention span, or is it is easier to hate President Obama, the other guy, that one, the one who isn't us, who was dealt this mess, when no one else in the eleventh hour came to Washington to do what was necessary to keep us going from off a cliff,( he did the best he could) and don't think for one second , the rest of the world looks at us with doubt, like out of touch Romans, with Barbarians at out north gate. With a Roman House of Representatives that have a Dry Drunk for a house leader, and out of touch politicians who make and take so much money they are drunk form it, 250 years this country has been around and we have nerve to consider ourselves worthy of God? More than any country on the planet, Pious self centered, we deserve the negative Karma we dish out.
So if we want hate each other as we spin downward, go ahead its is easier blame and hate then accept your own responsibility, its very sad, the example we set our children and the legacy of our actions in history they will have live down.

Bruno
Bruno 07/18/12 - 08:47 am
I find it interesting that

I find it interesting that the last post is really nothing more than a poorly worded "blame Bush" rant that ends with "its is easier blame and hate then accept your own responsibility". (All spelling and grammatical errors your own.) "War for oil" has been proven wrong so many times it ruins the credibility of anyone who brings it up.
Obama has been in office long enough that all of the issues with the economy, wars, unemployment etc. are his to own.

Democrats target turnout for Sunday voting

Registered voters in Augusta-Richmond County can cast ballots in the Nov. 4 election from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in the Advance Voting Center at Augusta Municipal Building, 530 Greene St.