Who says we hate Obama?

In response to Victor Reilly’s letter “Why the hatred for Obama” (July 8): Who said they hate him? Liberals love to spew the hate talk. What the writer really means is, “Why doesn’t everyone agree with him?” When children don’t get their way, they say “Why do you hate me?”A pitiful tactic.

Mr. Reilly presents his opinions as facts but they are far from it. The whole purpose of the Opinion page is to allow people to make comments that are not necessarily factual or realistic.

President Obama got the stimulus bill passed? President George W. Bush proposed the stimulus before he left office but then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refused to bring it to the floor of the House until Obama was inaugurated.

Mr. Obama was more than happy to support the bill to help his rich friends. Rich people make risky investments on mortgage-backed securities. Then they buy loss insurance from American International Group. Tens of billions of dollars went immediately to AIG, which gave all the fat cats their money back, at taxpayers’ expense.

Mr. Obama created 4 million jobs? Sounds pretty good if you ignore the fact that he lost 6 million jobs. There are 2 million fewer people working today than the day he took office. Bush did it, right? Did Bush promise unemployment would be 6 percent at the end of Obama’s first term?

General Motors would be out of business if not for Obama? How ridiculous! GM would have filed for bankruptcy, restructured, paid off its debts, ended multimillion-dollar executive bonuses and would be back on their feet by now. Again, Mr. Obama helped the rich executives and millionaire stockholders.

Bush caused the housing bubble to burst? The Democratic-controlled House refused to stop Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac from buying risky subprime loans.

Pelosi, Rep. Barney Frank and other lunatic liberals insisted everyone should have a house, even if they could not afford one. Mortgage companies did not care if you could make the payment or not. Fannie Mae was going to buy the loan, no matter what!

Finally, Mr. Reilly played the race card in his last sentence. His race-baiting and hate-spewing could have been accomplished with just his first sentence and his last. This is what his letter should have looked like:

“Why do so many Americans hate President Obama? Maybe it is his mixed race.”

I don’t agree with Mr. Reilly. Therefore, I hate him, I think ...

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/12 - 02:53 am
Its is always the double

Its is always the double stardard with the left. Obama wants to slam Romney for outsourcing, yet in his own stimulous packages for green jobs, he sent tens of thousands of jobs to Finland, Denmark, Mexico and many different places in South America. Glad to see which America he is actually looking out for but we already knew that after he chumed up to Chavez.

Then that lying, disgusting piece of filth (Debbie Wasserman Shultz) goes on TV accussing Romney basically of committing crimes and placing money in Swiss bank accounts. Then when the truth comes out, she has been investing in those very banks. So its not ok to put money in them, but its certainly fine to invest in them and make money from them that you don't pay taxes on. Are you serious????? Besides Nancy Pelosi, she is the biggest joke in America. And the left actually wants to attack and defame Lt. Col. Allen West?? An actual true patriot. Leftists, you ARE GOING TO LOSE. I'm not just talking about upcoming elections, I promise you that.

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/12 - 03:17 am
Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise

Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise mans heart is at his right hand, but a fools heart is at his left". If you think that this is talking about which hand dominance you are, then you are far from correct. Whether your left or right handed has nothing to do with your intelligence. This is God's guidance on how to think.

John 21:6 "Cast your net on the right side of the ship and ye shall find." They casted their nets, we cast our votes. Again, if you think this lesson was about fishing, you need a lot of help. This was about obedience to God and the way he wants you to conduct yourself.

THE LEFT SHALL LOSE IN THE END!!!!!

Techfan
Techfan 07/13/12 - 04:32 am
Since the terms left and

Since the terms left and right relating to politics didn't come about until around the time of the French Revolution, you may be a tad off trying to tie them to a biblical reference.

Rhetor
Rhetor 07/13/12 - 04:35 am
LTE misses the point.

LTE misses the point. Disagree as much as you like with Obama's policies. That's fine. But stop the crazy birther talk. Quit saying that he's a Muslim (it's OK to be a Muslim, but Obama has been more open about his Christian faith than any president in decades, so enough is enough). Stop showing pictures of him as a monkey. Stop falsely accusing him of being a Marxist. Stop saying that he hates America. How can anyone take the right wing seriously when they behave like that?

carcraft
carcraft 07/13/12 - 04:46 am
I love the mantra that the

I love the mantra that the Republican Party is the party of the rich. There is a woman named Denise Rich who is very Rich! Denise Rich was married to a very Rich man named Marc Rich! Marc Rich was a bad boy and smuggled arm and oil and didn't pay taxes to get even richer! Well Clinton's justice department noted somebody rich wasn't paying their fair share and started investigating the Richs! Well Denise Rich made a late night trip to see Clinton….Rich Denise Rich is also pretty..and rich! Bill Clinton got a big rich donation to his library and ...who knows what else from Rich Denise Rich...ERIC HOLDER of Fast and Furious fame wrote a pardon and Bill Clinton signed it for a man not even charged with a crime, Marc Rich, who had fled to Switzerland to avoid prosecution. Now how can you give a pardon to a man who is innocent until proven guilty? So the Republican Party is not the only party of the Rich! Now little Rich Denise Rich, despite her liberal Democratic leanings, has renounced her American citizenship so she won't have to pay her fair share in taxes, And Eric Holder continues on his marry way causing all kinds of mayhem to Justice in both Mexico and America...

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/12 - 04:51 am
Yes Techfan, silly me for

Yes Techfan, silly me for thinking that God could see into the future to the most important time. This is the end times, no man knows the day or hour but we do know the generation if you know the parable of the fig tree. Israel becoming a Country again for the first time since Biblical days signified the final generation. That happened in the year of our Lord 1948. Those people born that year have lots of gray hairs on their head. If you know anything about the Bible, you would realize that most of the prophecy in the Bible was directed towards this final generation and end times. Soooo, maybe I'm not the one a tad off, huh? Of course, that would require a belief in God which it appears you don't have so I'm sure you don't think God can see the future since he doesn't exist.

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/12 - 04:57 am
Carcraft, what about Debbie

Carcraft, what about Debbie Wasserman Shultz blasting Romney because of recent ALLEGATIONS that he MAY have put money in Swiss bank accounts to aviod taxation. Then it was discovered with PROVEN DOCUMENTS, NOT ALLEGATIONS, that she has herself INVESTED in those same swiss banks and made a good deal of money that SHE hasn't paid taxes on. The lefts pathetic lies about the rich has no weight. Its only creating class warfare to benefit them politically. They are just as greedy and corrupt as any evil conservative they make allegations against.

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/12 - 05:21 am
What ticks me off is how the

What ticks me off is how the left crusades as the champions of the poor and its just a blatant lie. They couldn't care less about the poor, its all about power and how to get more of it. They use disgusting tactics to sway voters. I mean, who with a heart doesn't care about the poor?? Who in their right mind would care more about millionaires than poor people? So they use that to con people into believing their lies. I personally don't believe ANY politician cares MUCH about the poor. They only care about their own careers and ambitions.

The fact is that since the beginning of time there has always been rich people and poor people and there always will be. Neither party will or even can change that. There has always been people who will work hard and people who are lazy and want everything handed to them on government chinaware. But you won't hear this truth from any politician because they want votes. Obama and the left want you to believe that if you keep voting for them, there will be no poor people left in America. They act as they are the saviors of this Country and it all lies for political agendas. If they gave every citizen in the Country 1 million dollars, within weeks we would have poor people again because people are irresponsible. They would blow it on partying, drugs, alcohol, material items, ect. Then what would they do? Give them another million? THEY CAN'T FIX POVERTY. As long as people are WILLFULLY irresponsible there will always be poor. You can't legislate people to be smart, responsible, honorable citizens with common sense. So STOP LYING to the people for political reasons. Tell us the truth and let us decide whether to vote for you based on that!!

Techfan
Techfan 07/13/12 - 05:23 am
I won't zap your post since

I won't zap your post since it appears to be trying to insult me. I will point out, that if you read the Bible, and study history, there were those that thought every generation was the last. From Paul and the Apostles who thought it was imminent in their lifetimes, the Millerites, William Branham (founder of the modern faith healing Pentecostals) said it was 1977, Hal Lindsey said the world would end in 1988, etc..

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/12 - 05:46 am
Yes, but they didn't go by

Yes, but they didn't go by prophecy. As the Bible teaches in Mark 13, no man knows the day or hour. Any man like those nut "preachers" who claim the world is going to end "this day or that day" are ignorant. A Preacher or Pastor who claims the world is going to end a certain day is a false teacher and no man of God. Why? Because they are going exactly against God's teaching by preaching a DATE.

I go by what Christ taught and he said we shall know the generation. As I stated, Israel becoming a Country was the greatest prophecy of the end times that has ever been. The Bible specifically states this will be the final generation when God establishes Israel back. "This Generation shall not pass away until all be fulfilled."

Also, I don't see how you thought I was trying to insult you. I only said the same thing you did which was the comment about being a tad off. As far as the last part about God, I just meant that I've read many of your posts and on the surface it doesn't appear you believe in God. It's not an insult to be an athiest, is it? I certainly didn't mean it that way. I actually have friends who are athiests and that is the truth. I don't look down on them, especially with what is being taught in most churches today. I can understand how they have serious questions with the traditional Christian faith. Most traditional Christians don't make sense.

myfather15
myfather15 07/13/12 - 05:45 am
When you actually get into

When you actually get into the TRUTH of God's word, in the original languages in was written in and understand ancient Hebrew and Greek, the Bible answers every question a person may have. It answers the questions about how old the earth is (which it is millions of years old), the dinosaurs, where did Cain find his wife, when were the races created and many more. They are all answered within those pages and the answers probably aren't what you've heard from most "Christians" in your lifetime. I would love to go into it but my posts on here are already long enough and this just isn't the forum for that lengthy discussion.

Techfan
Techfan 07/13/12 - 05:50 am
FYI: I'm very religious. I

FYI: I'm very religious. I don't, however, think the Bible is a history or science book. It is a guide, written by men, also heavily edited by men. I also don't believe in forcing my religious beliefs on others. They are between God and myself, as should everyone's be. I also believe this country was founded with freedom of religion as one of it's tenents. Whether that is Christian, Native Americam, Buddhist, or whatever, none should have its beliefs made into the law of the land.

madgerman
madgerman 07/13/12 - 06:01 am
I t5hink the writer was

I t5hink the writer was absolutely correct when he wrote "The whole purpose of the opinion page is to allow people to make comments that are not necessarily factual or realistic". It would appear that some posters absolutely agree with that comment. BTW is this a comment section or a chat room. I didn't see one reference to god in the LTE but the entire comments section is devoted to providing us with an opinion about religion.

americafirst
americafirst 07/13/12 - 06:15 am
The letter is very inaccurate

The letter is very inaccurate in regard to the bailout of the auto companies. It did not benefit shareholders at all. Shareholders, bond holders, and creditors got absolutely screwed. The whole purpose of Obama's bailout of them and the "structured" bankruptcy was to wipe out these people and allow the unions to use the money to shore up their pensions and healthcare and not take any cut in pay or benefits. All of these union contracts could have been voided in a traditional bankruptcy but Obams thru a massive bailout and the structured bankruptcy avoided this. It was part of the payback for the unions support.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 07/13/12 - 07:17 am
Obama put union pals first

Thanks, americafirst, for pointing out that the bailout of auto companies was aimed solely at protecting unions and their contracts. If the auto makers had gone bankrupt, they might've reorganized in such a way as made them more competitive. Bond holders got crushed.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 07/13/12 - 07:23 am
Tech, you do know the

Tech, you do know the religious are not the same group as God's saved people, I hope. Not saying that to be disrespectful to you.

chascushman
chascushman 07/13/12 - 07:24 am
‘(it's OK to be a Muslim, but

‘(it's OK to be a Muslim, but Obama has been more open about his Christian faith than any president in decades, so enough is enough).’
Yeah, he got his Christian from his mother the atheist.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 07/13/12 - 08:14 am
Romney

in 2012.

southernguy08
southernguy08 07/13/12 - 08:16 am
RHETOR

Your 5:35 post admonishes right wingers to stop with the "birther" talk about Obama. You conveniently ignore the unsubstantiated charge by lefties about Romney and friends giving a supposed gay high school classmate a haircut against his will. The crazy talk goes both ways, pal.

allhans
allhans 07/13/12 - 08:30 am
Thumbs up to my father...

I thoroughly enjoyed your posts.

Jane18
Jane18 07/13/12 - 08:34 am
Words and their meanings

I'm sorry techfan, but, you are wrong. Myfather15 is trying to explain things to you, and others hopefully, and he/she is correct. Biblically, "right" means strength, and, as you can guess, "left" means not so strong. The word "cast"(John21:6)in the Greek is ballo;bal lo'. Get it? And you are wrong about the Bible, it is a science book. Science is the study of anything. The Bible is a history book, a health book, an etiqutte book, a law book, a war book, a self help book(through HIS help), you name it techfan, it is a book of everything we should know. Most of all, it is a Love Book.....Someone said Obama is a Christian, no he isn't! "By their fruits ye shall know". We have all seen what he produces, and it has not been good. I don't believe anyone that listened(??) to Jeremiah Wright for 20 years could have the Love of GOD(the CHRISTian GOD)in their mind and in their lives. If I am wrong, GOD forgive me, but I don't believe I am...................Hate Obama? No, I hate what he says and does.

jack234
jack234 07/13/12 - 08:37 am
As an independent. I think

As an independent. I think its a bad time to be a Republican. Every time the jobs figures come in, as a Republican you have to hope that they are bad so you will have talking points. You have to hope that the unemployed don't find work. You have to hope that the President is not tough on Terrorists. (too late for that one). The Republicans and their leader Rush tried to mock the Affordable Health Care Act by calling it Obamacare. That's too bad because the name stuck and it will go down in the history books as that. Obama and Obamacare will go down in the history books like Roosevelt and New Deal. Republicans got what they wished for. A person that looks like our president shouldn't have that big of a legacy. I will be cranking up the Obama train (as an independent) pretty soon and coming through your neighborhood for you to get on board. I will be knocking on your door. TOOT!! TOOT!! Has Beck been committed yet?

KSL
KSL 07/13/12 - 08:39 am
Dusted off all the worn

Dusted off all the worn statements, huh jack?

JRC2024
JRC2024 07/13/12 - 08:44 am
Amerifirst, I thought the

Amerifirst, I thought the same thing about the GM bailout. Unions ahead and investors are the loosers. I stay out of religious debates and techfan why would you zap anyone for saying what they believe. Anyone can say what they want to me on these boards and not hurt my feelings or insult me. It is just a discussion of a persons ideas.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 07/13/12 - 09:16 am
Bless poor jack's heart

Bless poor jack's heart

jack234
jack234 07/13/12 - 09:42 am
Thank you Willow!!

Thank you Willow!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 07/13/12 - 09:44 am
Ignore Button

That tool will come in handy.

southernguy08
southernguy08 07/13/12 - 09:55 am
JACK234

Independent, eh? (Sarcasm intended) As for the jobs reports, consistently crappy since the incompetent-in-chief took office, its not Republicans who control half of congress and the White House. The voters WILL see this, and the Romney team WILL be using Obammy's biggest weakness against him...THE POOR ECONOMY! Sorry those pesky facts just keep getting in the way, don't they?

allhans
allhans 07/13/12 - 10:49 am
carcraft
carcraft 07/13/12 - 11:10 am
Gotta love the Huburis of

Gotta love the Huburis of Obama, he said during an interview with Charlie Rose " being at Bain Capital doesn't give him the credentials for the economy" and challanges Romney. Well Mr. Obama, what about an MBA and a law degree from Havard? I supposed being a community organizer and politician makes you qualified? LOL BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Vietnam veteran writes book on 319th Transportation Co.

"Vietnam Convoy Trucker" recounts the fear, boredom and humor faced while delivering supplies to American troops battling the North Vietnamese Army and Viet Cong.