Obamacare rightly upheld

As my youngest daughter said, in an email to me, “Praise the Lord!” when she heard the news that the Affordable Care Act was ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court. I said in reply, “Praise! Praise! Praise the Lord and Chief Justice John Roberts too!”

Roberts, voting with four others justices, is significant historically, and his legacy will grow – as that of Chief Justice Earl Warren, who led the 1954 school desegregation decision in Brown v. Board of Education.

This ruling will be a plus for President Obama in the November election. So many Americans supported the health-care act when it was fully explained.

Voters will determine whether we want to dismantle our country, as is the mission of the Republicans, or continue to remake our country great again.

Voters who are self-thinkers and educate themselves about issues will re-elect Obama. He has saved the nation from a depression and created positive relationships with many countries. He also has gone after our enemies and de-escalated wars. The economy is improving and will grow immensely as European nations stabilize.

He has had many critics, just as Abraham Lincoln had, but has remained strong, intellectual, poised, brave and confident through it all. And, granted four more years, he will continue to move us expressively forward.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 05:25 pm
dang I got two thumbs down

dang I got two thumbs down for good day.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 05:31 pm
Sombody will always be

Sombody will always be unemployed , even if everyone had the same education, and no one was on drugs.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 07/01/12 - 05:33 pm
Wow! owens..sometimes a man

Wow! owens..sometimes a man can't get a break! I'll give you a thumbs up for a good day!

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 05:50 pm
thanks

thanks

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 05:50 pm
LOL

LOL

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 07/01/12 - 08:47 pm
Can't even get a thumbs up

Can't even get a thumbs up for a thanks....sheesh!

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 09:56 pm
dang

dang

crackertroy
crackertroy 07/01/12 - 10:53 pm
Europe is stable???

Aren't all the European nations declaring bankruptcy? Saved the nation from a depression? Last time I rode down Gordon Hwy, it looked pretty depressing!

Bruno
Bruno 07/02/12 - 09:06 am
Two fallacies in this letter.

Two fallacies in this letter. First is that if you oppose Obama you are not a "self thinker", second is the weak attempt to compare Obama with Lincoln.

A true self thinker would note that Obama just passed the largest single tax in US history after continually saying it wasn't a tax to sell the idea.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/02/12 - 09:55 am
But the CBO has pronounced if

But the CBO has pronounced if everything in the law goes as planned (which already that is off the plate) the best case scenario is it will save 210 billion dollars in 10 years. Wow while incur trillions in new debt each year we will lower by 210 billion in ten years. That is like walking on the beach and all the sand is our National Debt and now removing a shovel full of sand and saying the beach (Debt) is lowered. Tell me this law isn't the most inane, stupid law because it doesn't really do the major goal of lowering costs. Further the law is written to initially cause costs to rise (which it has) and then ten years from now you will get the saving (which in ten years a billion dollars will be like a penny of our debt). Go ahead support the law that doesn't address rising health care cost-just fundamental transformational change of America.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/02/12 - 10:01 am
What's a hoot. Now some Dems

What's a hoot. Now some Dems are saying it isn't a tax again. They explain how you can get a tax credit in one circumstance but then in another it is "fine" and not really a tax. Now is that retarded or what.

Bruno
Bruno 07/02/12 - 10:12 am
The only way this is

The only way this is constitutional is if it is a tax. The SC precedent is that fines and taxes are not interchangeable. If the Dems attempt to say that it is not a tax after the SC has ruled it is a tax and thus constitutional then they are arguing to make it unconstitutional.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 07/02/12 - 01:44 pm

Three thumbs down for my 4:14PM yesterday.

UNBELIEVABLE

Don't feel bad, owensjef. You have company.

I am giving owensjef five thumbs up. He is a good sport.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/02/12 - 10:43 am
Well I've spent a good 35

Well I've spent a good 35 years modifying my behavior to be healthy. But I've just realized if the goal is everyone will pay the same in the pool then I'm free to splurge and the heck with my health. So today I'm off to buy copious amounts of alchohol, tobacco products, sugary drinks, high fat food, and every unhealthy item I can think of and re-enjoy the ole days of unhealthy excess (maybe put on 30-50 pounds of trophy fat). If I'm going to pay for the unhealthy then I might as well join em. It may be difficult to understand me with a big ole stogey in my mouth, and the slurred alchohol speech. Wow a silver lining after all!!!:0

harley_52
harley_52 07/02/12 - 12:10 pm
I'd go with the "pack of

I'd go with the "pack of jackals." It's difficult to "screech" from a keyboard, even if you are a White Male.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/02/12 - 12:10 pm
All the posters expressed an

All the posters expressed an opinion too-and yes some resort to ad hominems rather than cogent arguments. Yet you basically used ad hominems to make your point too.Touche'. I gave up the spelling grammar thing along time ago-it's the internet age. U need to git use to it. LOL.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 07/02/12 - 02:57 pm
Nice guy

Ignatius, we welcome you to our little party where the uniformed can learn from your superior knowledge. Please come back and keep us in line. We do the best that we can with our limited capabilities and we are sure you will be a tremendous help. Thank the good Lord that you have made your way to our modest little city. The picture that you have used to identify yourself says all that we need to know about you. A real dandy, indeed.

Bizkit
Bizkit 07/02/12 - 03:31 pm
So instead of paying a tax on

So instead of paying a tax on something purchased we are being taxed if we don't. Really, really weird. This is the progressive idea of behavior modification-tax people into their will. Frightening isn't it. So much for Govt "of the", "for the" and "by the" people.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 07/02/12 - 01:42 pm
Iggy

Sorry,Ignatious looks like the AC doesn't think that you are so dandy. You gotta be nice to comment here