Obamacare rightly upheld

As my youngest daughter said, in an email to me, “Praise the Lord!” when she heard the news that the Affordable Care Act was ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court. I said in reply, “Praise! Praise! Praise the Lord and Chief Justice John Roberts too!”

Roberts, voting with four others justices, is significant historically, and his legacy will grow – as that of Chief Justice Earl Warren, who led the 1954 school desegregation decision in Brown v. Board of Education.

This ruling will be a plus for President Obama in the November election. So many Americans supported the health-care act when it was fully explained.

Voters will determine whether we want to dismantle our country, as is the mission of the Republicans, or continue to remake our country great again.

He has had many critics, just as Abraham Lincoln had, but has remained strong, intellectual, poised, brave and confident through it all. And, granted four more years, he will continue to move us expressively forward.

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/01/12 - 01:18 am
I am a self-thinker Tracy and

I am a self-thinker Tracy and I have been self-thinking about a 16 trillion dollar defict PLUS the unsustainable cost of Obamacare. I've been self-thinking that I really dislike socialism and the premiss that one person should have to pay the way for another healthy able bodied person. I've been self-thinking about an 8.2% unemployment rate that is now going in the wrong direction based on the deficit spend spend spend Obama / Democrat policies and now the business killing tax tax tax of Obamacare. Roberts is going to go down in history alright....right next to Benedict Arnold.

And Tracy....any self-thinking person can look around TODAY and see how many doctors are ALREADY not taking any new Medicare patients. Do your REALLY self-think they are going to accept OBAMACARE?????? Put that in your bong and self-think about that while you smoke it.

KSL
KSL 07/01/12 - 07:10 am
What planet is this letter

What planet is this letter writer living on?

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/01/12 - 08:09 am
My thoughts exactly KSL!! Mr.

My thoughts exactly KSL!!

Mr. Williams, the Lord did tell us to Praise Him in all things, the good and the BAD.

"So many Americans supported the health-care act when it was fully explained." How is that possible.....no one really knows what it contains because no one has fully read it.

"Voters who are self-thinkers and educate themselves about issues will re-elect Obama. He has saved the nation from a depression and created positive relationships with many countries. He also has gone after our enemies and de-escalated wars. The economy is improving and will grow immensely as European nations stabilize."

Talk about delusional!

Marthajan
Marthajan 07/01/12 - 08:41 am
Agree!

Agree!

harley_52
harley_52 07/01/12 - 09:39 am
"Voters who are self-thinkers

"Voters who are self-thinkers and educate themselves about issues will re-elect Obama."

I'm sure Mr. Williams is a nice man, but I always find it amusing that lefties are so blatantly and openly narrow minded, self-absorbed, and condescending in explaining why they believe what they do while positing the only reason they can think of why someone might possibly hold another view is that they must be stupid.

' If you don't agree with me you're an uneducated boob incapable of thinking for yourself' is another way of saying what Mr. Williams has said. That's hardly the way to solicit a thoughtful conversation.

As to the merits of his position, it's hard to find any. In fact, nearly every comment he makes assessing the results of Obama's first term is completely backwards from reality. In truth, the Economy is in shambles, we are the laughing stock of the world, and "de-escalating the wars" by retreating without victory is certainly not praiseworthy.

And, perhaps the most ridiculous claim of all is that it's Republicans who seek to "dismantle our Country" and democrats who want to "remake our country great again."

"Educated" and "self thinker" indeed.

Wasn't it in "Through The Looking Glass," the sequel to "Alice in Wonderland," where Alice found that everything was a mirror image (backwards) from the way things really were? Where left was right, down was up, and time ran backwards?

I think I know where Mr.Williams might reside.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 07/01/12 - 09:36 am
Tracy Sr

I remember Tracy Jr's father well. He owned a grocery store in the forties where he worked 10 to 12 hours a day seven days a week in order to support his family and send his children through school. Obviously, he did well as Tracy Jr ended up a teacher as a result of the education his father provided him. I do not know what Tracy Sr.'s political leanings were as he was a customer and I never discussed politics with any of my customers. I can tell you one thing for sure. He remembered the democratic party that would not let him vote in their primaries. They were called white primaries and winning it was tantamount to election as the republican party offered no candidates in Georgia during that time. Tracy Sr , therefore had no say in an election. Now, his son is mouthing the party line like a parrot. How soon we forget.

harley_52
harley_52 07/01/12 - 09:48 am
If Tracy Jr. is a teacher,

If Tracy Jr. is a teacher, that fact goes a long way toward explaining the views he presents. Colleges and Universities (particularly the Education Departments thereof) swarm with ultra-left professors who teach the future teachers of America the ultra-left view of the world. And then these ultra-left indoctrinated teachers go out and spread that anti-American, anti-Democracy, anti-capitalism, anti-military mindset to all the young minds they teach in the primary and high schools.

It's how we end up with the various "occupy" groups throughout the Country and how we end up with so many people supporting ultra-left, socialistic political candidates and their supportive labor union thugs.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 07/01/12 - 10:00 am
Good Letter Tracy

I agree with the writer on this letter. This healthcare legislation, though not perfect, is the best thing to happen in quite a while. With the healthcare legislation, end of DADT, Ending one war and a timeline to end another this administration has accomplished a lot. Now if we can get our taxes where EVERYONE pays their fair share it would be the icing on the cake. We still have the ultra rich not paying what they should. (No I didn't say more than their fair share, but an equal percentage rate as the rest of us)

harley_52
harley_52 07/01/12 - 10:19 am
"Do your REALLY self-think they are going to accept OBAMACARE??"

I do. I don't think they'll have either any alternative, or any choice.

If Obamacare comes to fruition, private insurance companies will quickly become extinct. That has always been the plan. Doctors will either treat Medicare/Medicaid patients (meaning all of us) or they won't be treating anybody. They'll be told what tests they can order, what procedures they can perform, and when treatment must be cut off.

Further, medical students will be told what (if any) specialty they will pursue and, ultimately, where they will practice. They'll be told what they may charge and even what hours they must work.

When medical schools begin to lose enrollment sufficient to satisfy requirements (which will happen pretty quickly) the government will start offering fully paid scholarships to medical school in exchange for some number of years of "service" as a medical doctor.

It's not a pretty picture and the medical care such a system will produce will be NOTHING like that which we enjoy today.

At least that's what I self-think.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 07/01/12 - 10:49 am
TRACY JR

is a retired teacher if my memory serves me right. He has done all of the damage that he can do in that field.

TheBigBonk
TheBigBonk 07/01/12 - 10:53 am
Just wondering...

I never met Jefferson, Adams, Paine or any of those guys but does anyone know if they thought that going to the doctor or hospital was a right just because someone was an American? In 1783, if someone visited a doctor and then walked out without paying, would they have been OK with that?

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 07/01/12 - 11:23 am
SELF THINKER

I am not one. I do what Fox tells me to do. It is much easier that way. I don't wear my brain out with over work.

carcraft
carcraft 07/01/12 - 11:57 am
I quit trying to think, I

I quit trying to think, I just listen to Obama! This is harder than it appears! Obama said, when running for office that the worst economic crises since the great depression. Now Obama says he didn't know how bad it was. So he knew it was America's second worst crises but not as bad as it is? I believe; I believe.... Obama the great constitutional scholar, Harvard law review editor, and law school professor said the mandate wasn't a tax we now find out it is a tax! But I must believe, I must believe..Obama told us if we passed the 800 billion dollar stimulus bill unemployment would not go above 8%. Well we haven't been below 8% since. Obama said if he didn't improve things he should be fired. Now Obama says he should be kept on! What to do! Oh dear, Oh dear!

carcraft
carcraft 07/01/12 - 11:58 am
I quit trying to think, I

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 01:49 pm
Well once the Kennedy’s and

Well once the Kennedy’s and LBJ took over the party from the likes of Strom Thurmond, well the rest is history. The Republicans had Lincoln and had the Black vote for 100 years (Too bad they would not let us vote for most of those years damn Democrats.) Then came LBJ and now it looks like 100 years for the Democrates. Who will be that dynamic Republican that’s able to attract a more diversified group of voters other than White Males?

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 07/01/12 - 12:00 pm
You don't want the government

You don't want the government to tell doctors what tests they can or cannot do?? What do you think insurance companies do? As for private healthcare, it will still be there. In fact, we're not putting everyone on medicare or medicaid but making it where people who's work does not offer insurance can get it. I've personally been turned down for health insurance because of pre-existing conditions- luckily that is ending.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 07/01/12 - 12:14 pm
owensjef3

Say again.

KSL
KSL 07/01/12 - 02:13 pm
Obama, the uniter. So we have

Obama, the uniter. So we have now a white teacher with a discrimination suit, probably the first of many. We have oj saying our time and way are over. So much for being united, one for all and all for one.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 02:25 pm
Nothing racist in any of my

Nothing racist in any of my comments, I simply said that LBJ signing the civil and voting rights acts changed most Blacks voting habits. It has remained that way for a long time. The GOP is becoming a white male dominated party. Who will be the GOP candidate in the future that can diversify the GOP party?

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 02:32 pm
A usual always in an US vs

A usual always in a US vs Them mode. Now I'm waiting on the side takers.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/01/12 - 02:34 pm
In 1950, House Republicans

In 1950, House Republicans were 97% white men, which fell to just 86% in 2012 -- Wouldn't you say that this is leading, although slowly, to a more diverse GOP? If the percentage of white males in less in 2012 than 1950, I'd say that the tend would be on the downward slope.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/01/12 - 02:41 pm
OJ, you asked "Who will be

OJ, you asked "Who will be the GOP candidate in the future that can diversify the GOP party?"

If Romney choose Condi Rice as his VP choice, do you suppose that would be diverse enough? A woman, and an African American at that!

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 02:47 pm
I think not, It would have to

I think not, It would have to be someone like Colin Powell, The condi's and Alan West types won't do it.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 02:48 pm
Michae Steele has improved

Michae Steele has improved alot.

harley_52
harley_52 07/01/12 - 03:11 pm
Just What Are.....

the "condi('s) and Alan West types?"

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 03:19 pm
Bring more Blacks to the

Bring more Blacks to the Party, If you stop tying to make a villain out of me you would understand what I am saying.

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 03:21 pm
Allen West is a Nut, and

Allen West is a Nut, and Condi has baggage from the Bush Admin

owensjef3
owensjef3 07/01/12 - 03:22 pm
Good Day All

Good Day All

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 07/01/12 - 04:14 pm
CLOSING COMMENT

There is nothing more that I would like than having every man, woman and child in this country to have a nice home ,car and food on the table three times a day. In addition I would like for each one to have a good education and all adults to have a good job, health insurance and all other comforts to give them good lives. Sadly, these things are not automatic. Each person has to earn them and they cannot be had from some fairy in the sky who hands them out to every one that wants them. No body with any kindness within them would want anything different. Don't find fault, however, because there are those of us who feels everyone should pull their share of the load. If you are not blessed with good health you should be helped by those of us who have good health. The rest should get off your butts and go to work. If you can't find a job we should help you for a reasonable length of time until you do. After that you should be on your own.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 07/01/12 - 04:25 pm
Bless your heart!

I'm glad Mr. Williams and others think this will be a plus for "Our Dear Leader"in November. That means less of those who think this way are likely to vote. In their minds he can't be defeated right?
To me it's precisely the opposite.The Republicans will be able to tie the largest tax increase in history to Mr. Obama that will probably result in a landslide of epic proportions.
Mr. Obama's crowning achievement will be repealed and his legacy will be remembered as Jimmy Carter's second term...
November can't come soon enough.....