Liberal media say I'm racist

Until recently, I had no idea I was a racist. I pastor a local church, where we have black and Hispanic members and deacons. Last year, I performed five interracial marriages. One of my best friends in the ministry is a black pastor.

However, according to the liberal media, I am a racist. The reasons are that I do not agree with the new health-care law; auto-industry bailouts; bank bailouts; stimulus spending; high debts and deficits; same-sex marriage; an anti-Israel policy; never-ending entitlements, etc. Well, actually, it does not matter what I disagree with, because if I disagree with any policy or stance of this present administration, then it has to be because I am a racist.

This is not to mention that I am a white, pro-life, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, conservative Christian. Now I guess I am considered evil also. I’m too scared to even mention the Tea Party!

Mark Canipe. D.Min.

Beech Island, S.C.

Insider Information
Insider Information 06/26/12 - 01:52 am
If you check the Democratic

If you check the Democratic playbook (written by Saul Alinsky), it tells you that when all else fails dust off the ole race card and play it over and over and over again.

myfather15
myfather15 06/26/12 - 03:23 am
The last sentence in your

The last sentence in your article explains the entire liberal agenda. It is what they hope for and the ultimate goal they shoot for. That you will soon be to SCARED to stand up against them. To SCARED to make a stand for strong morals. To SCARED to question any liberal policies. To SCARED to make your voice heard. To SCARED to stand up for God!!! Scared of losing your job. SCARED of losing respect. SCARED of what people might preceive you to be. SCARED to tell the truth. SCARED to use common sense. SCARED to be called bigot. SCARED to be called racist. SCARED to be called homophobe. SCARED to be called sexist. SCARED to be called insensitive. SCARED to be called intolerant.

They just want good conservative people to be plain SCARED. Well, I can tell you one thing, this MAN is NOT SCARED. I shall never be scared and when that day comes and it shall come. I will stand STRONG and do whatever I must to stand for my prinicpals.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 06/26/12 - 03:27 am
Saul Alinsky was a great American.

And you, as a pastor, ought to at least know the commandment forbidding bearing false witness, as well as numerous admonitions in scripture against gossip and hearsay.

News flash: the house of David was not "Caucasian."

carcraft
carcraft 06/26/12 - 03:54 am
Jon Lester-No, I believe it

Jon Lester-No, I believe it was mideastern and Jewish!

copperhead
copperhead 06/26/12 - 05:41 am
A liar is a liar no matter

A liar is a liar no matter what their skin color! A failure is a failure no matter what their skin color!

dade30906
dade30906 06/26/12 - 06:10 am
Our nation is now facing an

Our nation is now facing an ugly backlash of racism and intolerance, especially since the election of Barck Obama - and also a frightening rebirth of anti - Semitism, homophobia, and other crippling prejudices hate crimes have sky rocketed since president took office. Racism in American is taught to our children and spread like a virus across our communities by conservative news media with hate in their hearts. But people were not born to hate.

copperhead
copperhead 06/26/12 - 06:15 am
dade30906,are ALL non-black

dade30906,are ALL non-black Americans racists and haters?

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 06/26/12 - 06:21 am
lester explain the false

lester explain the false witness*the news media does protray opposition to obama as racism..without the white vote he would never been prez..*obama squaudered the good will of all americans by being so partison, liberal and by having a messiah complex**and why has david not being white relevant...only liberals like to classify people by gender and race..

allamr18
allamr18 06/26/12 - 07:21 am
Saul Alinsky?

You guys find the most obscure people to attach to the democratic party. Ive been a democrat for at least 14 years and I havent heard of of Saul Alinsky until Republicans told me I read him. Or George Soros or some of the other I guess big scary old democrats. Just as an aside I think anytime people have to quantify how many people of color they know it always looks rather odd.
all the stuff you talked about are legitimate things to disagree with, but for us as democrats how is it that literally no complaints about these things were made prior to this administration coming into office? The auto bailout, bank bailout, stimulus, high debts and defecit happend prior to this administration. Im not blaming bush because I know how much republicans hate that their republican president do all those things, but i mean it did happen under him. Health care medicare part d happened under bush, expansion of government in education under bush, three new govt agencies were created under bush. And this level of vitriol and discontent aimed at the current administration for what happened under Bush leads democrats to think why? what is different about it now? Is it bc hes black? I dont know but what else causes it?

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 06/26/12 - 08:09 am
Race card...

Being black has nothing to do with it. Being a self serving divider who lied on every thing he stood for is as good a reason to dislike Obama as I can think of. The fact that he is black is secondary and doesn't even come into play. A lot of white people voted for him, in fact, so many white people voted for him I get sick of the race card being played about him being black.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/26/12 - 08:36 am
ALLAMR

You're not attacking Bush? Guess that explains why you mentioned his name FIVE TIMES in your post. But let's get real here, we have a president that campaigned on reducing the national debt. Instead, it increases 5 TRILLION in the less than 4 years he's been in office. He campaigned on closing Gitmo. Last I looked, its still open and operating. Last year, he stated in a news conference (Video is on Youtube.) that he simply couldn't disregard the law and suspend enforcement against illegal immigration. A year later, he suspends deportation of THOUSANDS of illegals...I mean, "undocumented." And last but not least, he campaigned on transparency in his administration, only to use Executive Privilege to prevent documents on Operation Fast & Furious from falling into the hands of congress...documents that he has stated all along he never knew about. I don't know about you folks, I believe when you've been at the helm 4 years, and things have gotten worse, its time for a real "change." Bye bye Barry, enjoy your retirement in Chicago.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/26/12 - 08:37 am
I love the progressive

I love the progressive mindset because they believe there are races so actually they are the racist. There are no biological races only ethnicities. Then the ignorance that the line of David wasn't caucasian. Absolutely false- the caucasians are aryan , semitic , and hamitic (or Proto-IndoEuropean, Proto-Semitic, or Prot-Dravidian if you prefer)-it isn't your skin color dummies (that's an american adaptation but it is a gene pool). As long as you judge by skin color then you are racial profiling and a racist-just what progressives complained about in Ariz.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/26/12 - 08:44 am
Allamra, I know it is hard to

Allarma, I know it is hard to keep up. Fundamentalist Christians took over and morphed the GOP, and while we were sleeping progressives took over the Dem Party. Personally, I am not one for either extreme, and the reason I've abandoned either political party. I miss Clinton Democrats.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/26/12 - 08:52 am
Dade racism is taught and it

Dade racism is taught and it associates with low socioeconomic groups. So poor whites, blacks, hispanics, asians and other ethnicities are statistically likely to be racist. It isn't a white problem but an education problem. But this is America so no matter how much it offends people do have the right to be prejudiced against any group they like-as long as they aren't violent. So people can hate blacks, jews, whites, asians, christians, atheist, Rep, Dem,homosexuals, heterosexuals, asexuals, etc,etc, etc. It is a part of diversity. The problem is you can't legislate a change a heart (with hate crimes) but you can educate one.

allhans
allhans 06/26/12 - 09:35 am
More of the same, day after

More of the same, day after day....
Can we just copy and paste this..."we dislike Obama because he is black. It has nothing to do with his destructive policies" (- :

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 06/26/12 - 09:38 am
Jon Lester

Where, specifically, has the Pastor lied or gossiped? Can you please give specifics?

Or, it is that you can't argue with a single point the Pastor made, so you can only resort to baseless slander yourself?

KSL
KSL 06/26/12 - 10:17 am
allamr

Hillary did her thesis on Alinsky. It was locked up for awhile, pretty much like Obama's past still is. Mr. Alinsky's Rules for Radicals is in use by the progressives in the dem party.

iLove
iLove 06/26/12 - 10:59 am
House of David

If the human "race" began in ancient Africa, then why NOT would he have come from a "black" background?

As much sun as the continent of Africa has beaming down, how could a "caucassian" person ever have survived? Where could the Caucasoid "race" have originated from then?

iLove
iLove 06/26/12 - 11:05 am
Maybe not YOU but...

how many of your friends and associates are?

WHY MUST you tell people how many black friends you have?

A true pastor would understand the climate on the WORLD and act accordilgly. It is no longer about which political party you belong to, moreso what GOD DO YOU BELONG TO?

"white, pro-life, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, conservative Christian."

So many titles, but do you know your NAME? (Do you know who you REALLY are?)

KSL
KSL 06/26/12 - 11:06 am
Caucassian??

Caucassian??

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 06/26/12 - 12:03 pm
How many indeed?

How many of your friends hate white people just cause they are white? If you said none, you are either clueless or untruthful. Black people don't want to be judged only on the actions of other blacks but a lot of blacks have no problem judging all whites on a few of other white people's actions. Double standard?

burninater
burninater 06/26/12 - 12:04 pm
The liberal media is calling

The liberal media is calling this man racist? Strange. I just did a google news search of this man and only found this editorial. Are we supposed to know who this man is?

KSL
KSL 06/26/12 - 12:21 pm
Burn, come on. You know what

Burn, come on. You know what he meant. Posters here do the same thing. It happens everyday.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 06/26/12 - 12:21 pm
Do Like I Do -

Just don't watch TV. Your grandma called it "The Idiot Box" for a reason - all the idiots live inside of that thing.

Why worry about what the media thinks of you?

I'm with myfather15: I ain't SCARED of anything the media or anybody else has to say about me. I'll call a spade a spade and if you don't like it, well....that's your problem.

burninater
burninater 06/26/12 - 12:34 pm
Actually KSL, I really

Actually KSL, I really thought he meant it. I'm predisposed to take the word of religious leaders at face value -- my time in the South is rapidly curing me of that.

Southern Leslie
Southern Leslie 06/26/12 - 12:53 pm
The President referred to

The President referred to those who oppose his ideas as "the enemy." Did he say I am his enemy and use my name? NO....but we know who he meant.

Nice intollerant stab at the south, by the way.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 06/26/12 - 12:57 pm
The ironic thing

is that the letter writer is also a Democrat from Minnesota. Says so right beside his name.

InChristLove
InChristLove 06/26/12 - 01:03 pm
burninator, evidently you

burninator, evidently you haven't been in the South long enough to understand the southern language. Mr. Canipe said "However, according to liberal media" which mean based on the description, reasons, and guidelines set by the liberal media, not that the local media "personally" called him a racist. By using those guidelines as a description of a racist person, he would falls into the category. Doesn't mean those guidelines are accurrate (in fact they are not accurrate) so Mr. Canipe still holds his integrity.

Southern Leslie
Southern Leslie 06/26/12 - 01:04 pm
I believe that is Doctor of

I believe that is Doctor of Ministry.

Or is that sarcasm, DMPerryJr?

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 06/26/12 - 01:23 pm
I had the opportunity to meet

I had the opportunity to meet Dr. Canipe a few years back. You'll never meet a more pleasant, intelligent, friendly, and caring individual. This is a good guy who lives what he preaches.

I'd listen to what he says.

Commissioners seek attorney general's opinion on SPLOST

Two Augusta commissioners are seeking an opinion from Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens on the city's disbursement of sales tax proceeds to non-profits.