Attack Romney? For what?

I found it ironic that President Obama and some of the talking heads in the media have attacked Mitt Romney as a venture capitalist. Romney cofounded Bain Capital and increased the worth of companies it partnered with by more than $105 billion, creating thousands of jobs in the process! Among the companies Bain helped were Staples, Sports Authority and Steel Dynamics.

Obama’s “venture capitalism” hasn’t gone so well. Chrysler closed 789 dealers, about 40 percent of the dealerships, during the government-directed reorganization of General Motors. These closures led to the loss of about 187,000 jobs. Obama also launched a venture capital program promoting green energy. All of the companies in which Obama has invested your tax dollars have failed and cost the American taxpayers billions of dollars.

Included in the cost to taxpayers is the failure of Solyndra, at $500 million. The A123 Systems battery company cost taxpayers $380 million in government loans. Fisker Motors received $500 million in energy loan guarantees and the company produced a $100,000 car in Finland that went 182 miles before it died. Tesla Motors received more than $500 million in government-guaranteed loans and has yet to create a profit. Beacon Power received $43 million in government loans and has gone bankrupt.

There are 11 other companies where the “Obama Venture Capital Company” has wasted your tax dollars! Obama also spent $500 million in green-job training for jobs that don’t exist.

I will compare Romney’s time at Bain Capital against Obama’s “venture capitalism” any day of the week. Obama cost us billions using our tax dollars in “bets,” to use the president’s word! Romney made himself millions and created jobs for thousands without using taxpayers’ money!

David G. Brown

Augusta

JRC2024
JRC2024 06/08/12 - 06:35 am
Romney is a business man and

Romney is a business man and Obama is a community organizer that has always used our money.

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/08/12 - 07:44 am
Romney? Funny You Should Bring That Up.

From Yesterday's news:

One has to wonder how this new information would be percieved had this been our President. Doen't anyone find that pattern of behavior just a little bit creepy? First the haircut and now this?

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 06/08/12 - 07:59 am
wow!! SO WHAT??? the story

wow!! SO WHAT??? the story of the haircut has been denied...dressng up as an officer to pull over friends...sounds like a normal college student. ...so what did obumler do in college?????? why can the media find out stuff about romneys past and not obumlers??????? glad someone with a business record, sound good family values {even though im not a mormon its a great testimony . one i wish was more prevelant in the christian church.. }and a sense of humor will occuppy the white house in jan. 2013...one whos past seems transparent vrs the most transparent prez we ever had according to obumler own hype and promises..

allhans
allhans 06/08/12 - 08:17 am
I have no problem with

I have no problem with rumors, true/untrue of this nature I understand high school students, I was once one, ..BUT PLEASE! How about hearing from classmates of Obama. Didn't he have any?

carcraft
carcraft 06/08/12 - 08:31 am
Pop Sitting in his seat, a

Retired Army, I think Obama leads Romney in the weirdness race. Don't you think the Poem Pops is a little weird? Do you think a reporter will dig into its roots, ask Obama about it, and try to connect the strangeness to Obama's circumstances? How's Obama's compressed girlfriend coming along, any more pieces to that composite puzzle? Oh well I do believe Obama is ahead in the weirdness category!
Pop

Sitting in his seat, a seat broad and broken
In, sprinkled with ashes,
Pop switches channels, takes another
Shot of Seagrams, neat, and asks
What to do with me, a green young man
Who fails to consider the
Flim and flam of the world, since
Things have been easy for me;
I stare hard at his face, a stare
That deflects off his brow;
I'm sure he's unaware of his
Dark, watery eyes, that
Glance in different directions,
And his slow, unwelcome twitches,
Fail to pass.
I listen, nod,
Listen, open, till I cling to his pale,
Beige T-shirt, yelling,
Yelling in his ears, that hang
With heavy lobes, but he's still telling
His joke, so I ask why
He's so unhappy, to which he replies . . .
But I don't care anymore, cause
He took too damn long, and from
Under my seat, I pull out the
Mirror I've been saving; I'm laughing,
Laughing loud, the blood rushing from his face
To mine, as he grows small,
A spot in my brain, something
That may be squeezed out, like a
Watermelon seed between
Two fingers.
Pop takes another shot, neat,
Points out the same amber
Stain on his shorts that I've got on mine and
Makes me smell his smell, coming
From me; he switches channels, recites an old poem
He wrote before his mother died,
Stands, shouts, and asks
For a hug, as I shink, my
Arms barely reaching around
His thick, oily neck, and his broad back; 'cause
I see my face, framed within
Pop's black-framed glasses
And know he's laughing too.

-- Barack Obama

But what does this have to do with Obama wasting tax payers’ dollars on a Cervantesisk windmill tilting scheme!

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/08/12 - 08:42 am
RETIRED ARMY

I'm so glad liberals are trying to bring up something that Romney supposedly did fifty years ago. First of all, the supposed victim, who is now deceased, never reported such an incident happening. Second, the man's sister said this is all BS (which doesn't stand for Barbara Streisand). Yup, you liberals trying to pull this only shows me just how scared the Obama camp really is. You should be...more "change" is coming, and you won't like it!

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 06/08/12 - 09:29 am
Allhans, 8:17

Perhaps, the earlier classmates did not speak English.
Perhaps, the later ones, would reveal information that he chooses to hide from Americans.

Never in the history of American politics has there been such an effort to conceal a person's past. Honestly, you'd think this guy was a marxist or a Muslim, they way it's been covered up.

Jane18
Jane18 06/08/12 - 09:31 am
Classmates

I agree alhans, it really would be something to hear from classmates(in all periods of his education) of Obama's... I am in disbelief that RA is still believing the huffington post....................on anything!

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/08/12 - 09:36 am
nofanofobama writes: "the

nofanofobama writes: "the story of the haircut has been denied."

Yeah, I suppose that if a story about me bullying a classmate were floating around I would want to deny it to.

The trouble here is that it has been verified by multiple sources and Romney's denial amounts to an "I don't remember".

These episodes go to both character and wierdness. Somehow reminds me of the ROTC bully in Animal House.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/08/12 - 09:43 am
I tell you what is creepy is

I tell you what is creepy is that progressives will make a big deal about Romney's actions 30 years ago but ignore Obama's choice of drugs, car theft, commie and racist friends, etc. during his youth. Creepy I tell ya. But many of us had a wild and crazy youth. Why not go back and examine his potty habits and diaper issues. It doesn't matter what either of this idiots did 30 years ago-we need to examine the final product. I know Obama is a liar and unproductive, but I'm not sure about Mitt yet.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/08/12 - 09:38 am
JANE18

Jane, its pretty simple, Huffington Post puts out the kind of propaganda that liberals WANT to believe. Keep in mind that this publication is from a woman who whined about not spending more money in a campaign so that she could be "a senator's wife."

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/08/12 - 10:04 am
Neidemier! I knew it would come to me.

Can you just picture the sneering jerk as he loads up to shoot Bluto?

But that wouldn't be your boy Willard. After all, he wasn't in ROTC. Just dressing up as a cop in an official Michigan state police uniform supplied by your father the Governor of the state doesn't count as public service.

And, if it would have been simply a single occasion for say, a Halloween party very understandable.

Ah well, chasing down people in a Rambler with a red light? Now, that's weird.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/08/12 - 09:44 am
RETIRED ARMY

Since you're so convinced Romney is guilty of this incident, nearly 50 YEARS after it happened, I would like to know how you feel about the report that a young Obama bullied a young girl named Coretta in school, including a report that he shoved her to the floor. Yeah, like I don't already know your response. This whole thing only proves how scared the liberals are regarding their lapdog's chance to get re-elected...they're trying ANYTHING! Its more entertaining than watching cable.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/08/12 - 09:54 am
So progressives find Mitt's

So progressives find Mitt's behavior creepy, but my bet if he had been a homosexual, or were transgendered and use to be a female, or use to be a drug dealer, or use to be a communist then it would be fine.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 06/08/12 - 10:20 am
High school antics

I would hate for someone to come forward and tell the world about my high school antics. Come on folks get serious. We are not electing class president we are electing a man for the most powerful job in the world.

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/08/12 - 10:21 am
Rambling Memories

That Rambler brings back fond memories for me. Back in '63 pop bought one specifically to teach four of his 7 adopted teens how to drive. A white box, 3 speed on the column, straight six, roll up windows an AM radio and I can't remember if it had AC or not.

Now,you have to know Dad had been blind since the age of 19-20 and actually he thought it worked to his advantage in that he couldn't see the on coming traffic during the driving lessons. Of course it didn't hurt that Dad thought a good hooker of Jim Beam before and after the lessons improved his teaching ability. Sister Kathy was the worst. She got Pop's undivided attention when she ran the darn thing into the planter at the back of the carport/breezeway. In fact he didn't use it to teach her anymore. My brother and I picked up the slack and Kathy does fine these days.

I got my first kiss from a not to be named young lady in that thing.

The car was tough. Lasted seven or eight years with multiple teenagers squabbling over it.

The last it was seen was at our older brothers graduation from USF at which all 300 plus pounds of him thought it would be a great dance platform. Wasn't worth towing home after that.

Mom? Just wrung her hands and prayed a lot.

carcraft
carcraft 06/08/12 - 10:46 am
Retired Army- What is that

Retired Army- What is that stain in Obama's underwear he writes about in his poem? Any idea, is that weird? How about Obama and the chom gang smoking dope all the time. Who was Obama’s supplier. What about doing blow? Any idea when and why Obama quite using drugs? Did Obama actually have a confrontation with the girl friend in front of the theater ( the one of Obama's girl friends denies it ever happened) or is that a lie or did it happen with another girl. Chronic lying and exaggerating self-importance is not only a character flaw but can be a sign of mental illness...Please tell me what this has to do with Obama’s ability to pick corporations to invest tax payers’ dollars in? Meanwhile, while we argue about stained underwear and college pranks more billions are being lost to Oumbler’s “green energy “failures! http://www.zerohedge.com/news/worlds-largest-solar-plant-21-billion-ener...

carcraft
carcraft 06/08/12 - 10:45 am
If we are going to call out

If we are going to call out Romney for "weirdness" then we also have to credit Romney for doing the right thing. Romney helped organize a search for a partners daughter and even Snopes admits it happened. http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/search.asp So did Obama ever go out of his way like this ?

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/08/12 - 11:16 am
I remember well the 60's but

I remember well the 60's but back then homosexuals were usually beat up and called derogatory names (odd and cigarettes comes to mind) , I also remember racist comments and jokes were all too common. I went through a red neck stage with some of those behaviors , but after that stage I became a hippie and accepted everyone-peace and love. Everyone goes through stages and weird behaviors. It is how we learn-through our mistakes. Hopefully both Barry and Mitt continue to learn their whole lives, but I have my doubts about Obama because he is so arrogant and always lecturing rather than listening (you can't tell the man anything-like he just discounted the Rep-Dem 9/11 commission, etc.) He is blinded by his ideology.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 06/08/12 - 11:27 am
Yes, let's do haircut stories

Obama flies his "stylist" in from Chicago at taxpayer expense to "coif" his do. What do you think that costs? And how does that elitist attitude connect to the little people that liberal's accuse Romney and his wife of being so out of touch with?

More of their "let them eat cake remarks".

Of course they deny it. They lie about everything.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 06/08/12 - 11:27 am
ra--i believe the family

ra--i believe the family supposely involved has no-recollection of that tale..keep believing huffington post stuff....

OJP
OJP 06/08/12 - 11:41 am
... with government cash.

Romney blasts government handouts but was not shy about accepting it for his companies.

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/08/12 - 11:51 am
nfanofobama writes: "-i

nfanofobama writes: "-i believe the family supposely involved has no-recollection of that tale"

The family wasn't the one attacked. The victim and Willard's own friends who participated in the attack do recall it vividly. Had you been held down by several bullies and had your hair hacked away, you wouldn't have forgotten it either.

DeNile is a river in Egypt.

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/08/12 - 11:53 am
Obama and the "working class'

Obama and his supporters scream that they are for the working class. But, who does he rub elbows with...George Clooney, Sarah Jessica Parker, and the rest of the wealthy, "beautiful people." Typical liberal hypocrites...do as I say, not as I do.

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/08/12 - 12:00 pm
Carleton writes: "I would

Carleton writes: "I would hate for someone to come forward and tell the world about my high school antics."

Antics are giving someone a wedgie or some such middling stupid behavior.

Forcibly holding down a human being with several friends(who now ashamadedly admit to it)and hacking their hair off is not an antic. It is cruel abuse. How would you have felt if that had been done to one of your children?

Mitt should simply apologize and move on rather than deny it ever happened or in this case "can't remember".

Goes to character.

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/08/12 - 12:04 pm
nofanofobama writes: ".keep

nofanofobama writes: ".keep believing huffington post stuff...."

From a poster who has consistently attacked others for denying his sources with the ol' "attack the messenger" tactic.

Harrumph!

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 06/08/12 - 12:09 pm
OmG, RA, you didn't just pull

OmG, RA, you didn't just pull the character card out did you?
Having Ayers as your boyfriend tells all that is needed to be known about O's I can't believe you would pick that horse to ride!

owensjef3
owensjef3 06/08/12 - 04:05 pm
I think impersonating a cop

I think impersonating a cop is a crime, but I would not make to big deal out of it. It was a long time ago.

carcraft
carcraft 06/08/12 - 12:22 pm
So retired Army it is OK for

So retired Army it is OK for Obama to lie about his past? We really don't know what antics Obama was involved in other than shoving a girl and being mean to her! We only know of one "composite" girlfriend, why? We do know that Obama wasted billions of tax payers’ dollars in failed "green energy" schemes. We know Obama really doesn’t understand investing and business, here is a CBS report on Obama talking about profit to earnings ratio. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4840788-503544.html Of course there is no such thing as profit to earnings ratio, it is price to earnings ratio. His ignorance is very well documented by his pick of companies to invest in with tax payers dollars! really don't think it is that important what Romney or Obama did 30 years ago, the important quesion is can they be an effective president. It is clear Obama doesn't have a clue about investment and private enterprise that makes America work!

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 06/08/12 - 12:23 pm
1- if the family denies it

1- if the family denies it ..then i believe them..so you dont....2- please you confuse me with some one else..i deal in opinion ---mine---the only thing i really feel about sources is that..you qoute someone because you deem them to be informed..they are your experts...my sources are my experts..an expert is merely someone who agrees with you..the only thing i have said directly against you is that your sarcasim is duly noted..otherwise live with it..