Vote the Republicans out

In the past few months, we’ve seen an all-out war on women by a Republican Party that wants to ban not just abortion, but contraception and family planning, and even opposes renewing laws that have proven to help prevent violence against women.

Republican obstruction also is behind our inability to pass commonsense legislation to make millionaires and billionaires pay the same taxes as secretaries and bus drivers, even while millions of us struggle just to get by.

House Republicans also have proposed dismantling Medicare, doubling student loan interest rates and cutting food stamps for struggling families, while defending out-of-control military spending.

We can’t change these Tea Party Republicans. We can’t even reason with them. We have to vote them out.

David Henderson

Augusta

Retired Army
Retired Army 06/03/12 - 05:21 am
Dogone Dave, how'd that one

Dogone Dave, how'd that one sneak in? Somebody's got some 'splainin to do.

President Obama didn't pass a fairness in opinion edict while the Tea Party zealots were taking their afternoon naps or checking their blood pressure did he?

Ah, well they can check it again with their government subsidized/medicare paid for home BP units.

And don't tell me that you didn't get one. Heck even I got one. Don't have to use it though.

Sorry desertcat6, but I did let you have first shot this morning.

desertcat6
desertcat6 06/03/12 - 03:10 am
Mr Henderson, I would rather

Mr Henderson, I would rather my fellow citizens keep voting in Representatives and Senators that stand fast on uncontrolled spending, reducing the debt and fixing our national social security/MEDICARE financing issues. Yes, I can't say I agree with every Republican on every issue, but I think that's enough compromising for now. Of course, we'll need a new President too.

desertcat6
desertcat6 06/03/12 - 03:12 am
RA, 11:28 PM is still

RA, 11:28 PM is still techically night.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 06/03/12 - 07:26 am
Mr. Henderson, how is that

Mr. Henderson, how is that economy thing working out for you?

justthefacts
justthefacts 06/03/12 - 08:05 am
Yes Mr. Henderson

We all eagarly await the day when we can say, "What, it's a girl", abort it". Talk about a war on women.

impossible
impossible 06/03/12 - 08:10 am
David Henderson, come home,

David Henderson, come home, planet X calling. Please come home, learn to read, then read history of planet Earth before commenting thereon. Your ignorance is showing.
Your words establish probable cause for a search warrant for the police to enter your bubble/house and find the illegal substances you must be consuming. "D.H. home!!"

freeradical
freeradical 06/03/12 - 08:30 am
Mr Henderson , You are

Mr Henderson ,

You are exactly right.

There is no way a "secretary " who makes over $ 200,000 per year

& owns two seperate homes , as does Mr Buffet's

secretary , pays as much in taxes as I do .

Thank you for your candid portrayal of this "secretary" .

nothin2show4it
nothin2show4it 06/03/12 - 09:09 am
Mr. Henderson

You are entitled to your opinion and have the freedom to voice it no matter how wrong and ill-informed you are. You have more freedom than the democratic party would like for you to have.

Jane18
Jane18 06/03/12 - 09:25 am
So "far out"

Talk about someone way out in "left" field, Mr.Henderson sounds as if he may be even past the fence.....and RA, I did not get a "government subsidized/medicare paid for home blood pressure unit". I don't need theirs, I bought one of my own awhile back, just for safety's sake. Plus I try to pay my own way as often as possible. If you do not need your "government subsidized/medicare paid for home blood pressure unit", why not find someone that might need it and could use it, or better yet, send it back to the medicare folks......I know, you wish you had thought of that.

dichotomy
dichotomy 06/03/12 - 09:29 am
Well Mr. Henderson, since the

Well Mr. Henderson, since the myth of raising taxes on the rich has been debunked as totally useless just how to you propose to pay for the "free stuff" programs? You don't want negotiation, you want "free stuff" for our misnomered struggling poor. If someone is getting taxpayer provided food stamps, subsidized air conditioned housing, free cell phones, free medical care, has a car, tv, and cable, they are not struggling enough as far as I am concerned. I am the one that is "struggling" to pay for all of their free stuff. Our "stuggling" poor are living better than the middle class in most countries. I feel so sorry for them that they are having to settle for a 46" flat screen instead of a 60". Oh, unless they are getting WIC or some other add on. Then they probably went for the 60".

The TEA party is the only group of people in the government that is telling us the truth. That truth is that we cannot continue to spend $1.40 for every $1.00 we make, and that taking 100% of the money rich people make will not even make a dent in the deficit. Like it or not folks the cuts are coming. They can come over time with some managed cuts or they can by force after the collapse.

You can moan and whine all you want about social issues, most of which have already been decided by the courts. None of those social issues will mean doodly squat if we suffer an economic collapse and the "free stuffers" start rioting, stealing, and killing. Oh wait, they already have.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/03/12 - 09:48 am
dichotomy

As always...perfect...100 thumbs up.

thinkforyourself
thinkforyourself 06/03/12 - 09:48 am
Poor Mr. Henderson

As a woman, Where is this war? Is it hiding? Is it secret? You should really stop taking your talking points straight from the DNC and THINK FOR YOURSELF. It is not the Government's, meaning we the TAX PAYING people, responsibility to provide Contraceptives, Family planning(abortion) services and all the other things that you talk about. Personal responsibility goes a long long way when dealing with this subject. I am not RICH, have to pay for all that I have and choose to LIVE WITHIN MY MEANS in order to live how I want to.
It's a good thing that the Status Quo in washington has been shaken up by the Tea Party members, finally there are members who are listening to their constituents.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 06/03/12 - 11:02 am
Has Michael Ledo posted under

Has Michael Ledo posted under a new name? This LTE is just as crazy and bereft of truth and facts as Ledo's attack on motherhood.

KSL
KSL 06/03/12 - 02:02 pm
RA, I guess it sneaked in the

RA, I guess it sneaked in the same way Ledo's did. Imagine that, 2 in one week.

eb97
eb97 06/03/12 - 02:46 pm
Mr. Henderson

I always find it disturbing when a man starts explaining how women's rights are being taken away or being limited as tho they know how all women think and feel about various issues. Please allow women to speak for themselves. They do not need an unknowing male to think and speak for them.

david jennings
david jennings 06/03/12 - 04:22 pm
dichotomy and how can we know

dichotomy and how can we know said what I want to say, thanks

constituent
constituent 06/03/12 - 06:22 pm
House Speaker Boehner and the Tea Party took over the U.S. House

on a pledge to repair the economy and jump start job growth. But instead of keeping their word, they seized every opportunity to attack the rights and freedoms of America's women and families. In the war of ideas, Mr. Henderson is the leader among liberal.

thriller n manila
thriller n manila 06/03/12 - 07:28 pm
The Republicans in Washington have decided that it is ok that

the wealthiest among us do not need to pay their fair share, while the rest of the country has seen wages stay flat, costs go up and the American dream slip further out of reach. These same Republicans in Washington believe we should go back to the same failed bush's policies, which Romney has endorse, that got us here in the first place - policies that stacked the odds against working families for far too long. They simply believe that our country is better off when we leave folks to fend for themselves. Come Tuesday, this message will expand across the Republican controlled states as the people of Wisconsin show Gov. Scott Walker the exit door.

KSL
KSL 06/03/12 - 08:52 pm
Constituent, your post makes

Constituent, your post makes me laugh. You make 2 statements, but back up neither with facts or even one example that might justify your statements.

KSL
KSL 06/03/12 - 09:15 pm
Some of the wealhiest of us

Some of the wealhiest of us are Democrat rich cronies and beneficiaries of obama, thriller.

KSL
KSL 06/03/12 - 09:11 pm
Not me!

Not me!

JRC2024
JRC2024 06/03/12 - 09:34 pm
THRILLA-THE RICH PAY MORE

THRILLA-THE RICH PAY MORE THAN THEIR FAIR SHARE. It is the people who think they owe them something that do not. I know I pay mine at the tune of 34% fed and 6% state. Don't you think that is enough. I need my hard earned money for my family, not yours. Go earn yours like every hard working person.

thinkforyourself
thinkforyourself 06/03/12 - 10:58 pm
Hey Thrilla

So, If WALKER WINS...... ???

southernguy08
southernguy08 06/04/12 - 08:02 am
WAR ON WOMEN?

Hey Dave, did you miss the news article that said Democratic members of congress pay their female staff members less than male members? Did you see San Fran Nan's "splaining" this? Yeah, I got a good laugh from it too. Let me know when you can "splain" this, okay?

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 06/04/12 - 01:18 pm
Pretty Lousy Letter

Dave, Dude, that was a pretty bad letter. Please tell me you made better points before it was edited for brevity by the AC staff.
Really though, most of the letters and editorials in this paper are pretty lousy, but that is part of what makes it fun to come here to comment and watch you guys argue.I'm easily entertained.