Dems tearing nation down

President Obama has publicly embraced the idea of same-sex marriage. In doing so, he has ignored and insulted that majority portion of our citizenry who are adamantly against this, and see it as another huge tear in the fabric of our society – all foisted on us by Democrats intent on tearing down America!

Another finger in the eye to us, then! He also states that he feels it is up to the individual states to decide this question, but he has an appalling record of hostility toward the rights of the states and doesn’t mean this.

If he is elected for a second term, he will push hard to make same-sex marriage a federal law regardless of what he says now. What could be next on the Democrat agenda? Perhaps bestiality, pedophilia or legalized incest? Don’t those who advocate these practices deserve to be heard, too? In the interest of fairness, will there be a special niche created for them and their cause in the Democratic Party?

When does this ripping and tearing of our societal values end?

Those on the extreme left of the political spectrum have a preconceived mind-set of how the world is and how the rest of us should think and act. They segregate this notion in their mind and allow nothing to penetrate the firewall. Neither facts, ideas nor anything else is allowed in to disrupt the model. Anything contrary to what they think they know is automatically excluded.

They see themselves as the smartest, most caring people on Earth, and if they think something, it absolutely must be so. Feel free to characterize this as arrogance, for it is! Of course, Democrats know with certainty that the rest of us had best put aside our morality and common sense and get on board with them.

In their minds, they’re always right, you know!

Robert Smock

Hephzibah

Shea_Addams
Shea_Addams 06/01/12 - 03:56 pm
Got to wonder about those who

Got to wonder about those who have the inability to respect a sibling's right to marry.

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 04:05 pm
OK...what's real. NC and over

OK...what's real. NC and over 20 other states define marriage as a union between one man and one woman.....but you constantly ignore THIS definition because you don't agree with it.
--------
Ah, good. At least we've come back to what's real. And I'll repeat what I said before, even though you claim I ignored it. It's not how I define marriage, or how you define marriage, or even how STATES define marriage ... It's how COURTS define marriage, that matters. That's how that Federal Republic thing works.

If a state voted to ban interracial marriage like the bigoted majority used to do, it would have no legal basis. Sorry, too bad.

And right now, COURTS are in the process of debating the definition. So, you can line up all the opponents to vote against gay marriage, or line up all the proponents to vote for it, and it doesn't make a lick of difference one way or the other.

Of course, having the majority of the population in support of gay marriage does make it easier for courts to decide in favor of liberty.

Shea_Addams
Shea_Addams 06/01/12 - 04:07 pm
So why are you infavor of

So why are you infavor of denying siblings the right to marry?

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 04:11 pm
Like I said Shea, incest has

Like I said Shea, incest has nothing to do with gay marriage. Nice try though.

Personally, I could care less. Not my business, and certainly not the gov'ts. Regardless, still a separate issue.

Shea_Addams
Shea_Addams 06/01/12 - 04:11 pm
I didn't say it has anything

I didn't say it has anything to do with gay marriage. It's about freedom. Why are you for some people having freedom, and others being denied that same freedom?

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 06/01/12 - 04:13 pm
As was said earlier, the

As was said earlier, the majority can be and is often wrong.

Happens in elections all the time. ;)

Shea_Addams
Shea_Addams 06/01/12 - 04:14 pm
Yep, hcwk...that's why I'm

Yep, hcwk...that's why I'm glad we live in a Republic and not a democracy.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 06/01/12 - 04:24 pm
I have an idea

Let's send Michael Ledo to Washington. He's the only one who's ever brought unity of opinion to this forum. Maybe he could get the congress to actually come together as one and actually do something good for nation?

Shea_Addams
Shea_Addams 06/01/12 - 04:25 pm
You could care less, or you

You could care less, or you could NOT care less....... There is a difference.

KSL
KSL 06/01/12 - 06:21 pm
Two thumbs down for

Two thumbs down for correcting grammar. Wow!

desertcat6
desertcat6 06/01/12 - 06:56 pm
Shea, Kudos for sticking with

Shea, Kudos for sticking with it all day and using logic rather than passion to make some good points.

KSL
KSL 06/01/12 - 07:17 pm
I agree, desertcat.

I agree, desertcat.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 06/01/12 - 09:17 pm
Geez

Almost an hour of reading......I don't ever remember this type of debate during the Bush era. I wonder what brought all this about? I know our King SMNCICBHO didn't have anything to do with it..Right?

KSL
KSL 06/01/12 - 11:18 pm
4 thumbs down for correcting

4 thumbs down for correcting grammar, which we used to be part of presenting ourselves well to be hired. Hmmmm. Is it no longer important?. No wonder some of the immigrants coming to America are taking jobs. I 'm not talking about house cleaners, yard people or construction workers. I am talking about doctors engineers, etc.

Swampman
Swampman 06/02/12 - 10:34 am
Do what???

Immigrant doctors and engineers are taking our jobs? Seriously? Not just filling needed positions but actually taking the jobs of American-born doctors and engineers? Really?

No. That's purest fiction, another anti-immigrant fantasy promulgated by modern "nativists". To be sure, somewhere out there are a few doctors and engineers who are currently unemployed. But I'll make you Mitt Romney's 10K bet that it isn't because immigrants took their jobs.

If America is being torn down (it actually isn't), it isn't because Democratic (and even non-Democratic) support for marriage equality is growing. Though I don't think the non-stop fear and loathing of political hysterics is helping us any!