Dems tearing nation down

President Obama has publicly embraced the idea of same-sex marriage. In doing so, he has ignored and insulted that majority portion of our citizenry who are adamantly against this, and see it as another huge tear in the fabric of our society – all foisted on us by Democrats intent on tearing down America!

Another finger in the eye to us, then! He also states that he feels it is up to the individual states to decide this question, but he has an appalling record of hostility toward the rights of the states and doesn’t mean this.

If he is elected for a second term, he will push hard to make same-sex marriage a federal law regardless of what he says now. What could be next on the Democrat agenda? Perhaps bestiality, pedophilia or legalized incest? Don’t those who advocate these practices deserve to be heard, too? In the interest of fairness, will there be a special niche created for them and their cause in the Democratic Party?

When does this ripping and tearing of our societal values end?

Those on the extreme left of the political spectrum have a preconceived mind-set of how the world is and how the rest of us should think and act. They segregate this notion in their mind and allow nothing to penetrate the firewall. Neither facts, ideas nor anything else is allowed in to disrupt the model. Anything contrary to what they think they know is automatically excluded.

They see themselves as the smartest, most caring people on Earth, and if they think something, it absolutely must be so. Feel free to characterize this as arrogance, for it is! Of course, Democrats know with certainty that the rest of us had best put aside our morality and common sense and get on board with them.

In their minds, they’re always right, you know!

Robert Smock

Hephzibah

Shea_Addams
Shea_Addams 06/01/12 - 11:17 am
And again...you can SAY that

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 11:23 am
Shea, as a matter of fact I

Shea, as a matter of fact I DO read, and ironically enough -- you don't. I'll repost TP's statement on polygamy so that this time you can read it, too:

"Marriage is between two consenting adults, so polygamy would not work. It's not part of the contract. Nothing would stop a married couple from exploring with other people though, happens all the time, behind the spouses back or not."

TParty
TParty 06/01/12 - 11:25 am
I thought the polygamy in

I thought the polygamy in Romney and Obama's history was well known....

This is just Romney from: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obama-and-romney-both-come-from-a...

"The line of polygamists in the Romney family traces back generations, when it was an accepted practice in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. His paternal great-grandfathers, Miles Park Romney and Helaman Pratt, were born in the United States but lived for decades in Mexico. Pratt was a Mormon missionary there; Miles Park Romney left Utah for Mexico with a tribe of polygamous Mormons after the Mormon church broke with the practice of polygamy in 1890.

Pratt had five wives. Miles Park Romney had four, and 30 children, one of whom was Gaskell Romney. The polygamy stopped at Gaskell, who had a single wife and seven children. One of the children, George, was born in a Mormon colony in the state of Chihuahua, Mexico, although he was nonetheless a U.S. citizen. He was Mitt’s father."

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 11:28 am
"And again...you can SAY that

"And again...you can SAY that someone is being denied rights but it doesn't make it so. Every single person in this country has the exact same restrictions on marriage as every other person."

Exactly as was the case with interracial marriage.

allhans
allhans 06/01/12 - 11:29 am
So, it stopped? Then why are

So, it stopped? Then why are we bringing it up.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/01/12 - 11:32 am
Actually there maybe a link

Actually there maybe a link between homosexuality and pedophilia. A new study by Dr. Timothy J. Dailey and the Washington D.C.-based Family Research Council recently confirmed what police and psychiatrists have known for decades: a definitive link exists between male homosexuality and pedophilia.

The report entitled Homosexuality and Child Sexual Abuse, shows that while homosexual men make up less than three per cent of the adult male population, they commit a disproportionate number (one third or more) of child sexual molestations. Dailey's report is being sent to parents, youth groups, school administrators, Catholic bishops, and religious organizations.

Homosexuality and Child Sexual Abuse presents a number of controversial findings. The first is that a significant percentage of child sexual abuse victims are boys. The second finding of Dailey's report contradicts the "inaccurate but widely accepted claims of sex researcher Alfred Kinsey" that homosexuals comprise at least 10 per cent of the population. Based upon a study of three large data sets, the General Social Survey, the National Health and Social Life Survey, and the U.S. Census, "a recent study in demography estimates the number of exclusive male homosexuals in the general population at 2.5 per cent, and the number of exclusive lesbians at 1.4 per cent," writes Dailey.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/01/12 - 11:39 am
Arch Sex Behav. 2012

Arch Sex Behav. 2012 Feb;41(1):231-6.

Is pedophilia a sexual orientation?

Seto MC.

Source

Integrated Forensic Program, Royal Ottawa Health Care Group, 1804 Highway 2 East, Brockville, ON, K6V 5W7, Canada. michael.seto@theroyal.ca

Abstract

In this article, I address the question of whether pedophilia in men can be construed as a male sexual orientation, and the implications for thinking of it in this way for scientific research, clinical practice, and public policy. I begin by defining pedophilia and sexual orientation, and then compare pedophilia (as a potential sexual orientation with regard to age) to sexual orientations with regard to gender (heterosexuality, bisexuality, and homosexuality), on the bases of age of onset, correlations with sexual and romantic behavior, and stability over time. I conclude with comments about the potential social and legal implications of conceptualizing pedophilia as a type of sexual orientation in males.
This type research sets the stage for the slippery slope because pedophilia is just like homosexuality in likely being biological, defining rights only according to the merits of a sexual preference will set the legal stage for equality of other sexual preferences (all the legal mumbo jumbo). I would suggest that elections in over 30 states is more accurate than statisitical polling on the issue of gay marriage

Shea_Addams
Shea_Addams 06/01/12 - 11:43 am
"Shea, as a matter of fact I

"Shea, as a matter of fact I DO read, and ironically enough -- you don't. "

I guess you missed where I pointed out that TParty feels fine in defining marriage himself, but doesn't seem to think the voters in over 20 states can't.

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 12:00 pm
Nope, didn't miss it, just

Nope, didn't miss it, just didn't really see that it was relevant to anything, and specifically not to the fact that a legal contract between two people is fundamentally different than a legal contract between 3+ people.

Regardless, civil rights have never been a majority-rules scenario in America. Heck, if it were, we'd still have to have back door entrances in Augusta restaurants to serve some of the people.

Freedom in America is based on the idea that even if a majority of the population are haters, that doesn't mean they get to deny you rights.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/01/12 - 12:14 pm
It isn't haters. I doubt

It isn't haters. I doubt people hate homosexuals because most people either have one in the family, work with one, or know one. I also think most people don't have an issue with civil unions and civil rights but are put off by the gay "marriage" aspect as impeding on separation of church and state. But also likely fear other social and biological implications from accepting this aberrant (it was classified as perversion till 1973) behavior. I am afraid the same arguments for civil rights for homosexuals will inevitably encompass other sexual behaviors because the argument is based on a sexual preference for a civil right. What harm with polygamy will likely be first, then beastiality (as long as the animal isn't hurt eh?) or perhaps necrophilia (hey they are dead), and lastly will be pedophilia? Pedophiles are biological, there is no cure, what to do????

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 12:13 pm
This type research sets the

---------
I really can't understand why people have such a difficult time understanding the difference between two consenting adults, and between a pedophile and a child. I hope this inability to differentiate the two does not manifest itself in practice.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 06/01/12 - 12:14 pm
homosexuality is a behaviour

homosexuality is a behaviour ...unlike race or gender....natural selection and evolution would seem to indicate that it is not natural..without marriage female/male there is no society..no future societies..no one is denying them thier lifestyle just a status equal to a normal marriage between female/male thats all..

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/01/12 - 12:17 pm
Burn that is low-life. I am

Burn that is low-life. I am stating the legal stance because the argument is based solely on a sexual preference and not other mitigating factors-which are likely better. There is a link between homosexuality and pedophilia apparently so there is come concern there too. Polygamy is consenting adults so I guess you promote polygamy too. Also remember there are 12 year old kids and younger having consensual sex. What a ten year old recently gave birth.

Really_Really
Really_Really 06/01/12 - 12:19 pm
TParty wrote "ICL- Keep that

TParty wrote "ICL- Keep that god stuff to yourself. Your gods laws do not apply to other people who follow a different set of laws from a different god, or people who follow no god at all."

I could be wrong, but wasn't our country founded on the principles of God and Country? If you are so against our God, then please, uproot it from all of your worldly goods and cash. I'll take the cash. In GOD we trust!

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 12:21 pm
Bizkit, we can try to come up

Bizkit, we can try to come up with all sorts of rationalizations for why we try to deny rights to others. And when those rationalizations lead us to make absolutely baseless claims, such as "gay marriage will lead to legalized pedophilia", then I'm going to infer that those rationalizations exist to mask the true motivations.

To me, it's even MORE disturbing when someone has a respected colleague or family member that is gay, and that believes that their gay marriage will lead to rampant and legal pedophilia. You may not like the "hater" designation, but such a response, especially when you know homosexuals that are decent people, indicates a deep and irrational strong aversion.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/01/12 - 12:28 pm
I support gay unions and

I support gay unions and civil rights but I do think that the blanket acceptance of this behavior may have unseen biologial, cultural, and societal implications. This isn't any way like racism, agism, or gender discrimination. This is because people realize the penis evolved to fit perfectly into the vagina for procreation and the only reason we have sex at all is reproduction (the pleasure is incidental). There is normal sexual behavior and abnormal just like normal cell growth and cancer. Both are biological but you don't want one of them nor do you have to accept it. Further so why I accept civil rights and freedom for gays I also appreciate that America should allow the freedom to espouse your disdain for such too. It's the whole enchilada baby.

Shea_Addams
Shea_Addams 06/01/12 - 12:27 pm
AGAIN..... NO group of people

AGAIN..... NO group of people are being denied rights. THE SAME restrictions on marriage apply to EVERY single person in this country.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/01/12 - 12:33 pm
So Burn you said it-We an

So Burn you said it-We an come up with all kinds of reasons to deny people their civil rights-which would apply to polygamist, beastiality, and pedophilia. You are making my argument. Your psychological analysis is bunk and illogical and insulting. I didn't state gay marriae will but may be a concern-a slippery slope.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 06/01/12 - 12:38 pm
Cons Scared To Death Of Change

I'm sure a map dot like Augusta ain't gonna change all that much if the gays start getting married. Folks out in Columbia Co and other "rich" conservative enclaves are still gonna have things the same way - clones on their 1/4 acre lots, settin' on the deck and talking about how Obama (or whatever Dem is in office) is tearing the country apart. Take heart progressive people - them ol' neocon Boomers are starting to die off. Yay!

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 06/01/12 - 12:37 pm
shea--perhaps you should type

shea--perhaps you should type your response slower..it seems to go over their heads..if no one can marry the same sex ...then one group is not being singled out..

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 06/01/12 - 12:41 pm
dmperry jr--who will you live

dmperry jr--who will you live off when all us neocon boomers die off..most of the tax base will then be gone...watch out what you wish for!!!!!!!!

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 12:41 pm
Once again -- the equation of

Once again -- the equation of a relationship between two consenting adults to pedophilia and bestiality, simply because the consenting adults are gay.

This isn't psychoanalysis Bizkit, you are clearly, succinctly, and consistently telegraphing a powerful motivation.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/01/12 - 12:41 pm
DMPerry wishes people dead-oh

DMPerry wishes people dead-oh the progressive heart. He was worried about three people being water boarded but Obama assassinating American citizens, and drone murdering supposed terrorist and innocent civilians is OK. Oh the logic of the progressive.

Shea_Addams
Shea_Addams 06/01/12 - 12:43 pm
Siblings can be consenting

Siblings can be consenting adults.....why discriminate against them?

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/01/12 - 12:49 pm
Well it isn't a motivation

Well it isn't a motivation but a concern. I stated a few days ago how I was molested by a homosexual when I was a child. So I provided research linking homosexuality and pedophilia and now an anecdotal story which precipitated a "real" concern. But let me reciprocate and analyze your acceptance-oh it obviously means you are homosexual and likely a pedophile. Jeez. See I can do it too.

DMPerryJr
DMPerryJr 06/01/12 - 12:56 pm
Actually I am for Waterboarding

And "torturing" terrorists in general. Whatever it takes to kill em off. I think that drones are awesome.
I also heartily support the death penalty. In fact, I think that child abusers should be given the death penalty. So I am kind of "progressive", huh?
As far as who is gonna "take care of us"? Now that is funny. Trust me, y'all Boomers have had it pretty darn good thanks to a whole host of govie programs instituted before and during your lifetimes. And you inherited trillions in wealth from the Greatest Generation.
We young folks will be fine. And with any luck, we'll have even better health care so when you are molding in a box in the ground, we'll be looking good baby!

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 12:55 pm
AGAIN..... NO group of people

-------
AGAIN....... This is the basis for making interracial marriage illegal. America has already rejected this argument once. Why people think it will work this time is beyond me.

burninater
burninater 06/01/12 - 12:57 pm
But let me reciprocate and

----------
That's one possible interpretation. Or it could be that I respect the rights of others, regardless of any personal bigotries I may hold.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 06/01/12 - 01:00 pm
Young folks will only be

Young folks will only be "fine" when the get a clue about reality and grow up. Funny how older Americans are really ignorant when you yourself are between the ages of 15-25. But, those experienced people suddenly get real smart when you have our own family and grow older than about 30 years old.

Amazing how older people can still learn things, ain't it?

It was the younger crowd that voted en mass for Obama. You fell for it hook, line, and sinker. How's all that hope and change working out for ya now? Any trouble finding all those jobs Obama promised you?

Hope you learned from your mistakes and will change your mind this time.

Bizkit
Bizkit 06/01/12 - 01:03 pm
I respect the rights of

I respect the rights of others too but that would be the rights of those who don't approve as well as those who approve. I personally promote civil unions and civil rights. I believe in freedom and not tagging opinions I don't agree with because of mindblindness or stupidity. So I personally accept it as freedom for Americans but also as a scientist I have other concerns about the population and society.