Opposition to Obama obvious

Fans of President Obama are quick to call all those opposed to his re-election “racists.” This strikes me as ridiculous, since he was elected in 2008 by 60 percent of the white vote and 98 percent of the black vote (guess who were the racists in 2008).

Just recently, the president formed “African-Americans for Obama.” Now tell me that’s not racist! In fact, most of us who are not fans of Mr. Obama are oblivious to his color – just look at how former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain soared prior to the media blitz accusing him of adultery, People are opposed to Mr. Obama because of his inexperience, his incompetence and his propensity to depart from the truth.

Granted, the country was not on a sound footing when he assumed office. Contrary to his grandiose campaign promises to fix our problems, his programs and policies have not improved the condition of our nation. They have made matters worse.

The following are some of the reasons so many people are opposed to Mr. Obama: the national debt; continued national deficits because of excessive spending on matters not delegated to the federal government by our Constitution; Obamacare; unsuccessful stimulus packages; Solyndra, et al.; czars who haven’t been vetted by the Senate and whose positions duplicate those of Cabinet secretaries; a Cabinet full of tax cheats; selective enforcement of the law by the attorney general; gun sales to Mexican drug cartels; crony capitalism; corporate bailouts; opposition to the Keystone pipeline; exorbitant gasoline prices; ineffective dealings with both our allies and enemies; endorsement of gay marriage; and the decreasing moral fiber and economic welfare of our nation because of his policies.

People are not against this president because of his color; opposition is based on so many more substantive issues. Color does not even enter the picture, at least not for most of us. Our opposition is based on his ignorance, incompetence, inexperience and his insistence on destroying the very America that took us 200 years to build.

David J. Didimamoff

Aiken, S.C.

specsta
specsta 05/28/12 - 01:49 am
Maybe the names got mixed up...

"Our opposition is based on his ignorance, incompetence, inexperience and his insistence on destroying the very America that took us 200 years to build."

Hmmm...is the writer referring to George W. Bush? Sounds like an accurate description of the former President.

desertcat6
desertcat6 05/28/12 - 03:36 am
"Playing the race card" by

"Playing the race card" by democrats is a tough truth to swallow, and the LTE seems to have struck a nerve. What's next? Mockery and turn it around on them, check. This isn't debate team where any concession is a potentially lost aurgument. So our LTE admits there are a few extremists out on the fringes of mainstream conservatives. There are just as many if not more on the liberal left.

You know, Specta, in a weird way, the redicule and scorn of President Obama is very similar to what was heaped on President Bush. One occured with the full support of the majority of the media and the left, and the other inspite of the majority of the media counter efforts. One included lies and frabications by the media about his adult life and actions while President, and the other repeatedly focused on issues as the media searched in vain for a game changer story/narrative that diverts attention. Oh well, guess they weren't that a like after all.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 05/28/12 - 04:36 am
Race not a factor in 2012 presidential campaign

Good letter! Yes, opposition to President Obama's re-election campaign isn't based on his race. If it were, Herman Cain couldn't have been a major presidential contender this year. More importantly, many of the whites who voted for Obama in 2008 plan to vote against him this year. Their change of mind can't be due to his race, which hasn't changed, but to problems that have come to light regarding his behavior and performance. That's why the president can't campaign based on his record, but must repeatedly try to distract voters from considering his record.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/28/12 - 06:38 am
Darn Good documented report

Darn Good documented report card for out King SMNCICBHO. Not much more can be said.

copperhead
copperhead 05/28/12 - 07:04 am
Praise hussein! his regime

Praise hussein! his regime has won me over! his regime has started paying my rent(plus paying me $118)my power bill,my car payment,my insurance,and my phone bill. they also subsidize my gas costs! hussein forever! thank you for the $12,000 per year! mmm mmm obama mmm mmm!

david jennings
david jennings 05/28/12 - 07:19 am
I agree with the letter

I agree with the letter writer. No matter how hard I try, I can't see what George Bush has to do with anything.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/28/12 - 07:30 am
copperhead

You got me thinking about changing my views. Maybe I should try living the easy times.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 05/28/12 - 07:32 am
You know what this country needs?

We need another President like John Quincy Adams. Then we could really place the blame somewhere. Adams was the most corrupt, idiotic, lying, cheating Commander in Chief this nation has ever known.
I say this because things could be much worse. No matter how much you hate Obama he doesn't hold a candle to J.Q. Adams.
Just ask Andrew Jackson.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/28/12 - 07:36 am
Religion

David, I would like to add a little "Religious Obvious"

America's Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President

David Barton

When one observes President Obama's unwillingness to accommodate America's four-century long religious conscience protection through his attempts to require Catholics to go against their own doctrines and beliefs, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Catholic. But that characterization would not be correct. Although he has recently singled out Catholics, he has equally targeted traditional Protestant beliefs over the past four years. So since he has attacked Catholics and Protestants, one is tempted to say that he is anti-Christian. But that, too, would be inaccurate. He has been equally disrespectful in his appalling treatment of religious Jews in general and Israel in particular. So perhaps the most accurate description of his antipathy toward Catholics, Protestants, religious Jews, and the Jewish nation would be to characterize him as anti-Biblical. And then when his hostility toward Biblical people of faith is contrasted with his preferential treatment of Muslims and Muslim nations, it further strengthens the accuracy of the anti-Biblical descriptor. In fact, there have been numerous clearly documented times when his pro-Islam positions have been the cause of his anti-Biblical actions.

Tell it like it is
Tell it like it is 05/28/12 - 07:40 am
Obama

Always the race card, well if Colin Powers or Cain could or would run Obama would be history. Why is it that every thing is played about race ? I'm surprised Jesse or the rest of the trouble makers aren't cashing in on this. After all that is how they make their money.
How could anybody believe this man has done any thing good for this country ?

blues550
blues550 05/28/12 - 07:56 am
copperhead

CH's sophomoric writing accurately describes why Obama is going to stay in the White House. Moocharama.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 05/28/12 - 07:57 am
ACES, we need a way to give

ACES, we need a way to give thumbs up or down to letter writers. Mr. Didimamoff deserves a gazillion thumbs up. The problem with the rabid left is that there is no logical defense to what the Emperor is doing to the country, so they use the only thing they can. That damned race card.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 05/28/12 - 09:10 am
Why the Race Card?

Sad thing is, the "race card" is the ONLY CARD the Left has to play. They can't play the card of Obama's record -- that card is a "joker". The economy? Well, Obama forgot to ante up on that one, and has no card in the hole to play. He's already folded.

We elected Obama as dealer simply because of race. It made us "feel good" so we could prove to the world that the U.S. was not a racist country. Well, that's not a bad thing. But, "feel good" time is over. We need a new dealer now, and one that has some substance and is playing with a full deck.

I'm no big fan of Romney, but at least he has established executive experience and business / economic acumen. He's ever so much more qualified than some "community organizer" who appears to be cool and appeals to the uninformed, but is sadly ineffective as a leader.

Are you really better off today than you were 4 years ago?

Bruno
Bruno 05/28/12 - 09:01 am
People need to get over

People need to get over blaming or bringing up GWB as a counter to Obama. Obama is close to finishing his first term so any problems we are facing are his to own.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 05/28/12 - 09:05 am
Well, the "Bush Card" is a

Well, the "Bush Card" is a last-ditch effort to try and apologize for a dismal record. It's so much easier to blame others for your plight than to look in the mirror and face the truth.

carcraft
carcraft 05/28/12 - 09:11 am
I watched Candy Crowley

I watched Candy Crowley intrview Rudy Giuliani. Crowley actually asked if Romney was qualified to be President. Boy the media goes to any extreme to try to make Obama look goog. It was interesting that when Giuliani asked Crowley what qualifications Obama had Crowley said "We are talking about Romney". The truth is Obma can't run on his record so all he can do is attack Romney and Romney's record. The problem with this is that Romney has success where Obama only has failure or marginal success. Look at venture capitalism. Obama lost Billions in tax payers dollar investing tax dollars in "green energy programs" losing thousand of jobs in the process. Romney made millions investing his own money. Obama tried to get the Olympics to Chicago and lost, Romney saved the Olympics in Utah. You can go on and on. But heck it is all about race!

southernguy08
southernguy08 05/28/12 - 09:12 am
RETIRED ARMY

Retired, you're accusing someone else of playing the race card? The sound you hear is me and a lot of others laughing. Since this incompetent in the WH and his supporters can't defend his record as president, taking the focus off of it, like using the race card, is all that's left. Cheer up, he'll be back in Chicago as a "community organizer" soon. Then, you can rant about those mean old Republicans again...and maybe someone will be actually listening.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 05/28/12 - 10:15 am
Yes, carcraft, it is.

All who will not vote for Mitt, are racists.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/28/12 - 10:34 am
Opposition to Obama IS

Opposition to Obama IS obvious. It is obvious because Obama has been a total failure. He has two claims to fame. Obamacare, which is likely to be ruled unconstitutional, and allowing the Seal Team 6 to kill Osama bin Laden, which was a no brainer. Obama had to green light that operation because if he did not, word would have leaked out that we knew where bin Laden was but did nothing and that would have been worse than a failed attempt. So basically Obama is batting ZERO. And we have the doubled debt to prove it. Obama has doubled the debt, unemployment is still high, all of his "green energy" taxpayer funded initiatives have gone bankrupt, he has broken most of his campaign promises, and on everything else he has pretty much followed Bush's plans. For anyone who thinks I am voting against Obama because he is half white....well, I've got 16 trillion reasons plus Obamacare to prove I am not at all concerned with his color. I am concerned with the color green, how much of it I am going to be allowed to keep each month, and how much of it I will have left to buy food and gas when we get our next downgrade, the borrowing runs out, and we have to start actually paying cash on the barrel head for everything.

BloodySunday
BloodySunday 05/28/12 - 10:41 am
Republican campaign full of race - butting,fear - mongering,and

outright lying against President Obama, It's disgusting, vile. Republicans have to learn that coded racism is out of bounds. Certain extremists in the Religious Right think that message sounds dangerous. Our nation is now facing an ugly backlash of racism and intolerance, especially since the election of Barack Obama - and also a frightening rebirth of anti - Semitism, homophobia, and other crippling prejudices. At this moment, the Southern Poverty Law Center is at the forefront of smart, innovative, and highly principled efforts to confront hate, racism, and intolerance. I learned early on that if change is to occur, one must be willing to think and do the unthinkable. And for starting teaching tolerance to our grandchildren. Especially with the disturbing increase in hate in American. Perhaps some day violence, hatred, and bigotry will just be footnotes in a history book. But not yet. Far from it.

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/28/12 - 10:58 am
howcanweknow
howcanweknow 05/28/12 - 11:22 am
Bloody distortion

Bloody Sunday, facts please? Where is the lying against Obama? Can you dispute any of the facts presented here? You certainly avoided trying to debate the facts, but just speak in vague terminology.

You keep throwing out terms like hate, intolerance, etc. Notice: these things can't be defined exactly, but are more subjective.

In contrast, economic facts are concrete and measurable.

The concrete, measurable facts display very clearly that the Obama Admin. has been an abject failure.

I do not understand your comments or the point you are trying to make. It's just liberal talking points that really have little relevance to the truth of the matter.

carcraft
carcraft 05/28/12 - 12:04 pm
Racism-Obama jumped into the

Racism-Obama jumped into the wrong side of the Bill Gates situation, Then Obama jumped into the apparent wrong side of the Travon Martin incident. Both those issues raised racial tension in the US and instead of Obama trying to create a neutral atmosphere to allow the situation to cool Obama worked to further inflame the situations. If I had a son he would look like Travon Martin. What did Obama mean by that, and why did he say it? Then the left acuses the right of racism!

Bruno
Bruno 05/28/12 - 12:14 pm
People who charge any

People who charge any opposition to Obama as racist are as ignorant as the average WAR member. BTW RA, that article is so full of fallacies that it doesn't even bear rebuttal. It was an interesting exercise in misguided false and fallacious writing, though.

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/28/12 - 12:46 pm
Fortunately in America you

Fortunately in America you can dislike the president because you are a racist, a homophobe, or anything else. Plenty of racism with the Congressional Black Caucus and other venues too. You could just as well be anti-socialist or anti-gay marriage or anti-drug using president or anti-assassinatin' American citizens too. I love freedom and diversity. God bless those who have sacrificed so much so we may enjoy such freedom this Memorial Day.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/28/12 - 01:19 pm
It's just amazing to me that

It's just amazing to me that the easily led Obama worshippers actually believe that all of the white people who voted for and, in fact, elected Obama in 2008 have suddenly turned into card carrying, sheet wearing members of the KKK for absolutely no reason other than they somehow woke up and became aware in the last 4 years that Obama was half black and half white. It's like this folks. We gave him a shot at it. It's been 4 years. Things are no better, we are deeper in debt, and going in the wrong direction at warp speed. We simply HOPE that the majority are ready for a CHANGE.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 05/28/12 - 01:26 pm

What Dichotomy said at 1:19 !! Pretty much nails it.

swcohen
swcohen 05/28/12 - 02:00 pm
I'm voting Obama 2012

No amount of argument on THIS forum will do any good, so I'll instead point out that I will again be voting for the President this November.

I voted Obama in 2008 mostly because he is a Democrat, and while Democrats regularly embarrass me with thier strident naivety, I don't find them repulsive, as I do Republicans.

Did Obama 2008 come through for me? Well, no, he did not. Lots of talk about great things, little action. Two successes shine through, though. First, the health care overhaul did pass... go ahead, call it Obamacare... nobody minds that anymore. SOMETHING had to be done about the US healthcare system, the status-quo was unsustainable. This is a good... yeah, good... beginning.

Hey, at this point, if you want to call me a socialist, go on. I've been called worse. You'll call me worse if you read on...

Next, the President comes out (pun intended) in favor of gay marriage. Yes, his announcement was forced by his one-man reality show of a vice president (If something is on Biden's mind, it'll very soon be on his lips.) But still, after that slipped out, how could I NOT vote for him?

Finally, it doesn't hurt that My parents shared the same racial mix as Obama's. (That would make him what, my half bro?) It's a mix-up mix-up world, children, and Barack Obama is an okay president for people like me.

Your results may vary.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 05/28/12 - 02:22 pm
swcohen

Thanks for expressing your opinion. It's refreshing to see someone with real reasons for their beliefs, instead of just repeated mindless mantras (like racism, intolerance, wealth-sharing, hatred, etc.).

You are basing your vote upon Obama attempting a healthcare initiative, and his public support for redefining what marriage is. If those are your 2 main concerns, then I can see why you'd endorse 4 more years of an Obama admin.

If you'll notice most of the negative comments about Obama here are in response to this dismal economic state of our country -- despite Obama's promises to fix the situation 4 years ago. That is apparently the primary issue for the majority of posters, and hence reflects the overall negativity in the posts here.

Hey, to each his own. We all have issues that we believe are paramount. I appreciate your honesty and you being upfront with why you want 4 more years of Obama. At least you have some concrete rationale (other than just race).

Jake
Jake 05/28/12 - 02:24 pm
Like swimming with piranha's

Well said swcohen, you will be eaten alive shortly I'm sure.
I will not vote for Obama in 2012, just like I didn't in 2008. I also will not vote for any of the Republican candidates. I plan to vote for a member of another party that gets no exposure. Why? It is my protest vote against the 2 main parties who are so totally out of touch with the average American in favor of elite corporate entities and special interests. Am I wasting my vote? No, there isn't a dime's worth of difference between each party in who they are beholding to.

'Do not swim' order remains in effect for Savannah River

A "do not swim" order for the Savannah River will reamin in effect while officials await lab results of an oily substance found in its waters Sunday.