Writer wrong on Obama

In the letter from Lowell Greenbaum (“Obama is ending the war,” May 4) he mentioned that President Obama is ending the war we can’t afford that has cost us $150 billion – but he didn’t mention the $6 trillion in Obamacare, and bailouts to losers we can’t afford, either.

Greenbaum says that, since Obama ordered the death of Osama bin Laden, the country is safer now. Is he that sure? Is that what he sees through his rose-colored glasses? As long as terrorists exist anywhere in the world and rogue states such as Iran and North Korea exist, we and the rest of the world will not be safe.

“This president has the guts to face them and defeat them”? Yeah, right. As I recall, another Democratic president not too long ago was going to knock off bin Laden too, so he ordered the firing of a few rockets at some caves where bin Laden allegedly was hanging out. Unfortunately, he wasn’t there. We have been after bin Laden for a long time, even before Obama ever became president, and Greenbaum knows it.

Political theater is being made by the Democratic National Committee, and the president as well, by using the ubiquitous “I” to take credit for everything possible to get re-elected and further destroy the country.

The biggest problem for the Democratic Party in the country right now is a four-letter word: jobs. The economy is slowly coming back, but not the jobs. The people want jobs. So it’s not “political theater,” as Greenbaum trumpets. It’s jobs.

Seth Benson

Millen

Retired Army
Retired Army 05/08/12 - 01:24 am
More sour grapes. Your guy

Our President made the courageous decision to use the finest military force the world has ever seen to justifiably kill that man and all you can do is bad mouth him?

Instead of questioning our President why don't you question the Mitt Romney's of the world who make their fortunes shipping American jobs overseas and then hide the profits in Swiss bank accounts? Oh, that's right. It's the all American way to do such despicable things. Profit off the misfortune of your fellow American citizens, then run for President on the cash.

And political theater? Really? I got one answer for that. MISSION REALLY ACCOMPLISHED. Slam dunk and multiple high fives all around. Thanks Mr. President take a victory lap in the name of all the avenged families of 9/11. Take two! Celebrate. We got him!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm-Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm-Ummmmmm!!

desertcat6
desertcat6 05/08/12 - 03:06 am
And I suppose unions driving

And I suppose unions driving up direct labor costs, high employer contributions to employee tax and safety net programs, high material costs, high corporate taxes, and over reaching federal regulations that eat into the bottom line had nothing to do with corporate decisions to move jobs over seas. Would the companies that moved overseas remain profitable or even in business today if it stayed in the USA?

copperhead
copperhead 05/08/12 - 04:26 am
Yep,hussein is a hero! he has

Yep,hussein is a hero! he has released taliban LEADERS and bribed the muslim brotherhood with over a billion dollars! i was led to believe the the U.S. does not make deals with terrorists! must be the "new" policies of our "forward" thinking pres.!

copperhead
copperhead 05/08/12 - 05:16 am
For each taliban leader

For each taliban leader captured,17 Americans died! what does hussein do? releases them and asks them not to kill any more Americans! why didn't we think of this 11 years ago? swoon faint swoon my hero! tingle tingle mmm mmm obama mmm mmm please release more captured terrorists! we need the ones back that have already been trained.please give them another billion dollars so they can buy more weapons to kill Americans!

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 05/08/12 - 06:18 am
i would hop any prez that had

i would hop any prez that had the oppurtunity to kill bin laden would do so. opps clinton didnt..

agustinian
agustinian 05/08/12 - 06:24 am
Joe Biden says it's 3 Letters

Remember, Joe Biden, the smartest guy in every room (just ask him) told everyone, "it comes done to three simple letters J-O-B-S!"

I love these guys and hope to follow them on their campaign through the "57 states."

carcraft
carcraft 05/08/12 - 06:26 am
I’m so excited this morning I

I’m so excited this morning I had to write umm umm ummm! More Americans dead in Afghanistan during king Obama's rain than during the entire Bush Presidency umm umm umm. Get er done ummm ummm ummm Letters of excuses if the mission fails to blame the military for the failure! http://www.westernjournalism.com/official-obama-admin-drafted-memo-to-bl... that’s so Obama, get er done umm umm umm. Of course this is fox new so it is a lie yes, yes, yes, everything that doesn’t praise Obama’s greatness is a lie umm umm umm umm umm umm be upon Obama humm

TParty
TParty 05/08/12 - 06:35 am
"More Americans dead in

"More Americans dead in Afghanistan during king Obama's rain than during the entire Bush Presidency"

Is that true? Can you provide a source?

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/08/12 - 07:04 am
"Just how many jobs did Mitt

"Just how many jobs did Mitt and Bain Capitol and others like them send overseas. How many homegrown American companies were put out of business by corporate raiders like Mitt Romney?"

RA...do some reading and discover some truth, instead of repeating false information. Half truths are just as much a lie and a whole lie.

InChristLove
InChristLove 05/08/12 - 07:07 am
"http://reason.com/archives/2

"http://reason.com/archives/2011/08/08/obama-gets-a-blank-check-for-e"

You asked for a news source TParty. Haven't had chance to read the whole artile but first few paragraphs touches on the subject.

carcraft
carcraft 05/08/12 - 07:40 am
Tparty- Be glad to _

Tparty- Be glad to _ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1303963/Obamas-War-Same-number-U... notice that the news headline is 2010 and a year or so more has gone by. Also notice when you google Afgan deaths Obama compared to Bush none of the lame stream sources come up such as ABC, NBC, etc.

TParty
TParty 05/08/12 - 07:41 am
Huh... how 'bout that. Thanks

Huh... how 'bout that. Thanks ICL.

I know the media sucks- and I consider myself pretty informed on matters- but I had no idea 1331 service members have died in Afghanistan since 2009. That is over one a day on average. I know there have been some bad days, with helicopters going down, but wow....

That should be the message of the right. Nobel peace prize winner Obama, even though he ran on escalating Afghanistan- as Commander-In-Chief has seen 1331 service members die. And what's worse, America doesn't even know it....

And this is coming right after Obama going to Afghanistan saying how the war is over!!

Techfan
Techfan 05/08/12 - 08:04 am
mmmmm ever mmm notice mmmm

mmmmm ever mmm notice mmmm that mmm some mmmmmm posters mmmmmmmmm write mmmmm the ummmmm same mmmmm thing mmmm over mmmmmm and mmmmmm over mmmmmmm no mmmmmm matter mmmm what mmmmmm the mmmmm topic mmmmmm??????????

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/08/12 - 08:05 am
The Taliban has grown and is

The Taliban has grown and is growing and yep the media has stayed quiet on the carnage of Americans. The president's news media propaganda machine will never post the Prez in a bad light. I find the media's lack of journalism frightening no matter who is running and who they side with. Obama has had 4 years to fix all the problems he promised "change" and he hasn't so obviously we need another Prez for 4 years and perhaps another in another 4 years. We do need change-a change from two term regimes. Obama started running for his second term as soon as he was sworn in, perhaps if he had concentrated on the tasks at hand he wouldn't have been so ineffective. Give em all 4 years to solve problems or your out!

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/08/12 - 08:10 am
I keep waiting for Obama's

I keep waiting for Obama's assassins or drones to assassinate Mitt Romney because he has been spying on him and has evidence he is an Al Qeida terrorist. I just don't understand why he won't do the same to those at gitmo?

Techfan
Techfan 05/08/12 - 08:14 am
$6 trillion. I always like

$6 trillion??? I always like the way the right wing figures costs out to infinity (exaggeration for effect). Hey, I make a $10 million dollar salary, as long as you count to the year 2112.

carcraft
carcraft 05/08/12 - 08:19 am
UMMM Ever umm umm umm notice

UMMM Ever umm umm umm notice umm umm how ummm umm umm some ummm umm people ummm always ummumm attack umm umm the umm umm veracity ummm and umm umm of umm the letter ummm writers ummm? ummm ummm ummm be upon Obama ummm umm umm

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/08/12 - 08:40 am
I dont' understand why

I dont' understand why progressives aren't as hard on Obama as they were on Bush. Seems hypocritical to turn a blind eye to Obama for doing the same as Bush. Now Obama is revealing he is the most vile of politicians trying to buy votes from women, youth, minorities, and the middle class. Rather than stand for something he is just catering to these interest groups. Note how he is trying to walk a tight rope on gay marriage because if he support one group he alienates another. It was criminal for Bush and Rep to run up the nat. debt so much and it is still criminal now Obama and Dems are doing it.

carcraft
carcraft 05/08/12 - 08:57 am
Well If Obama “exaggerate”

Well If Obama can “exaggerate” ( I like the way Obama "exaggerates" all the time) how much a surgeon makes amputating a leg and say the surgeon will make $ 30,000 to $50,000 per amputation (http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/08/an_amputation_costs_30000_to_5... ) why can’t the letter writer “exaggerate” and say it will cost $ 6 trillion? After all the exaggeration factor for Obama’s “exaggeration” is about X 30,000. Let’s see $900 billion x 30,000 oh well, I’ve run out of fingers and toes! But any way who cares and who really understands a Billion? Who really understands a trillion? I’ll raise you $6 gazillion billion! You’ll raise me $ 6 gazillion billion +1, I fold!

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/08/12 - 09:04 am
What is weird is how just 30

What is weird is how just 30 years ago any Presidential nominee who promised to raise taxes and increase govt interference would have been laughed off the stage. Now people seem to welcome more govt control and intrusion. I know the academics have been promoting socialism and communism in our colleges but I didn't think anyone was dumb enough to bite. All my nephews and nieces have been brain washed into submission and want the govt to take care of them.They really believe govt has their interest at heart. Gosh. I wish em luck with that one. Too bad christians aren't as effective in indoctrination and brainwashing hee,hee,hee. I guess the moral of the story is be wary of who is indoctrinating and brainwashing your children. :)

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 05/08/12 - 09:33 am
Obama wanted the job...he

Obama wanted the job...he knew the risks and he still wanted the job. Using the killing of Bin Laden as a political point in a campaign shows just how far he will stoop. I'm not a Romney fan but I would vote for anyone other than what we have now. An apologist ego maniac that thinks he knows whats better for us than we do.

Dudeness
Dudeness 05/08/12 - 09:35 am
If I was going to defend

If I was going to defend Obama and attack his opponent, I would completely avoid the issue of shipping American jobs overseas.

Bruno
Bruno 05/08/12 - 09:48 am
For the life of me I can't

For the life of me I can't understand why people think that ordering the assassination of a leader on foreign sovereign soil without the permission of the county is a great and wonderful thing. I don't really care what party ordered it. It sets a horrible precedent.

It is true that the jobs market stinks, but as long as people are still voting for Obama because of residual Bush hate and not a reasoned, thoughtful look at his time in office, he will be re-elected.

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/08/12 - 09:58 am
Oh I misspoke, it was only 8

Oh I misspoke, it was only 8 years ago that Bush was re-elected running against Kerry who promised to raise taxes :"The Bush campaign advertised across the U.S. against Democratic candidates, including Bush's emerging opponent, Massachusetts Senator John Kerry. Kerry and other Democrats attacked Bush on the Iraq War, and accused him of failing to stimulate the economy and job growth. The Bush campaign portrayed Kerry as a staunch liberal who would raise taxes and increase the size of government. The Bush campaign continuously criticized Kerry's seemingly contradictory statements on the war in Iraq, and argued that Kerry lacked the decisiveness and vision necessary for success in the War on Terror." Funny how just 8 years has seen such a dramatic change in the political landscape. Now everyone agrees it is Patriotic to pay more taxes and all want their taxes increased in "fairness", further now eveyone must want govt intrusions and regulations of every aspect of our lives.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/08/12 - 10:19 am
"More sour grapes. Your guy

"More sour grapes. Your guy George Bush had 8 years to get that mass murdering SOB and couldn't "get er done."

PUH-leeze!!!!!!!!!!! Just what, specifically, did Obama do? Give the order? Yes. It happened on his watch, so he gets the credit as CIC, but he was no more responsible for "getting" Bin Laden than I am, beyond giving the order (permission) to go in.

Give Panetta and the intelligence operatives credit for eventually finding him (most of the people actually doing that work also were doing it when Bush was in office); but most of all, give the boots on the ground who risked life and limb the credit for getting it done.

copperhead
copperhead 05/08/12 - 10:38 am
hussein single-handedly saved

hussein single-handedly saved us from ourselves and terrorists! hail to hussein! mmm mmm obama mmm mmm all he did was ask them not to kill Americans and release them! now THAT is being a god! to stop 5000 years of warring with a request! he is either a god or the high commander of the taliban!

copperhead
copperhead 05/08/12 - 10:44 am
i think the muslim

i think the muslim brotherhood will spend the $1+billion, that hussein has promised them, advocating women's rights.

copperhead
copperhead 05/08/12 - 10:49 am
i know the terrorist leaders

i know the terrorist leaders that hussein released will never commit a terroristic act again! they will promote world peace and harmony!

carcraft
carcraft 05/08/12 - 10:54 am
Here is what I mean by

Here is what I mean by billion and trillion. 1 billion seconds is a little over 31 years. It would take you 31 years, not stopping to sleep or eat counting one number/ sec to count to a billion. A trillion seconds is 31,688 years. If we go back 31,000 years and start watching man’s progress here is what you would observe. 31,000 years ago man was painting on cave walls and hunting animals with spears. It would take 22,000 year before the bow and arrow was invented. It would take 27,000 years from 31,000 years ago before man began to write. Maybe you get the idea of how large a trillion truly is. We talk about a billion as if it were nothing. If you spent a dollar every second you would spend $31,500,000.00 in one year. Spending at that rate it would take you 31 years to spend a billion dollars!

Bizkit
Bizkit 05/08/12 - 12:00 pm
Too Funny carcraft. It's a

Too Funny carcraft. It's a wonder we don't still live in caves. When you think about it most of the great contributions in art, music, physics, biology-science and medicine have been created by a few insipired individuals (and we all reap the benefits)-the 1% if you please. If left to the will of the masses we would still be living in caves. The Newtons, Einsteins, Ramanujuns, Gates, Jobs, Fords, etc of history. Now the 1% are somehow villains. I had to read your post in my best Carl Sagan voice-ya know "billions and billions" -sounds awesome! Did you ever note that the wealth gap follows the IQ gap. IQ correlates well with level of education and success. How are we going to make this "fair" -frontal lobtomies for people with IQs over 120. I know technology. Now people who are a little slow will be given a computer memory chip to increase their intellect and those over 120 will be memory suppressed. Now everyone will have an IQ of 100. Perfect. Why not go ahead and program em like insects while we are at it and make a perfect insect like society. Obama will be Queen bee and he will have his soldiers and all the rest will be workers. Gaawsh this is like progressive heaven. I could be the next Isaac Asimov with the next sci-fi best seller. I'll call it "Attack of the Killer Bees" or maybe"Bee vomit and the AC"-how original. :)