Vet candidates vigorously

After listening to how many unsavory characters President Obama has been affiliated with over the years, people should wonder why he was allowed to run for the highest office in the country. From my perspective, Obama is the poster child for why we need a formal job application in all 50 states.

Like any job one would apply for, there should be specific requirements and guidelines to follow. Other than the constitutional requirements, I believe that, to qualify for said position, education, experience, leadership and a psychiatric evaluation should be mandatory. Why should we be at the mercy of another charlatan?

Further, it is pretty much common knowledge that people are molded into who they are by family, friends and those they associate with.

Obama sat in the Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s church for 20 years listening to the vitriol that was spewed out to the congregation by a radical preacher.

He worked as a community organizer and had very close ties to William Ayers, who was a cofounder of a self-described communist revolutionary group that bombed government buildings in the 1960s and ’70s.

He was also a speaker at a student protest rally at Harvard Law School and praised another known radical with contemptuous racial beliefs, Prof. Derrick Bell. If you read Bell’s profile, you will see that he headed up many positions in and out of government. He kept resigning one step ahead of being fired or asked to resign due to his radical beliefs. Obama was shown embracing this man after his campus speech.

The way I look at it is, if you sleep with dogs, you get up with fleas. We definitely need a new rule of law in electing our president.

Gregory J. Topliff

Warrenville, S.C.

Haki
Haki 03/13/12 - 10:49 pm
Greg, please give it a rest.

Greg, please give it a rest. You see Obama middle name is Hussein, but his father is from Kenya. Is it me or is it a CON-spIr-acy? Ha!

KSL 03/13/12 - 10:54 pm
Some defense arguments are

Some defense arguments are getting pretty weak.

KSL 03/13/12 - 10:57 pm
Can't stand the heat, or

Can't stand the heat, or finally the vetting?

faithson
faithson 03/14/12 - 12:18 am
Yes, the man has an eclectic

Yes, the man has an eclectic background. Some of us, who respect diversity, find that a good thing. At least some of us will vote in November for a man we respect, a whole lot of others are going to have to vote for a man they would not elect dog catcher if given another choice.

KSL 03/14/12 - 12:29 am
As far as I can tell, he has

As far as I can tell, he has excelled at being an ACORN organiizer. and nothing else. After all, he has had sealed just about everything else that would prove his abilities.

KSL 03/14/12 - 12:38 am
Here is what I am seeing: as

Here is what I am seeing: as the election nears and the negative info on obsma starts to emerge, his supporis are going to resort more and more to attacks on o's critics and less and less to defending him with facts because the defenselli just does not exist except emotionally for his defenders.

bjphysics
bjphysics 03/14/12 - 12:46 am
Myth [mith]: any invented

Myth [mith]: any invented story, idea, or concept.
Example: Obama has sealed his records.

KSL 03/14/12 - 12:59 am
Let you be the first,then to

Let you be the first,then to let us know whether he attended occidental on scholarship as a foreign student or did he lie, got the money but was actually an American.

KSL 03/14/12 - 12:58 am
He could long ago put these

He could long ago put these questions to rest. Any idea why he hasn't? Does he think, like Clinton that he bullet proof?

KSL 03/14/12 - 01:01 am
Think he is bullet proof.

Think he is bullet proof.

ultrarnr
ultrarnr 03/14/12 - 01:24 am
Perhaps everyone who votes

Perhaps everyone who votes should be required to present a long form birth certificate

bjphysics
bjphysics 03/14/12 - 01:35 am
KSL: “Let you be the first,

KSL: “Let you be the first, then to let us know whether he attended occidental on scholarship as a foreign student or did he lie, got the money but was actually an American.”

Neither because he did not attend Occidental College on a foreign student scholarship.

KSL 03/14/12 - 01:45 am
So, where is the proof. Where

So, where is the proof. Where is that information located. I would love yo shut up the people who are demanding the proof. Where is it?

KSL 03/14/12 - 01:45 am
To not yo

To not yo

bjphysics
bjphysics 03/14/12 - 01:50 am
Burden of proof lies with the

Burden of proof lies with the accuser; a husband does not have to prove he is not beating his wife, his accuser has to prove he is.

So where is the proof Obama attended Occidental College on a foreign student scholarship?

By your strange standards of evidence you could claim Obama is possessed by an extraterrestrial entity and he would have to prove he is not.

KSL 03/14/12 - 02:02 am
Kind of hard to provide proof

Kind of hard to provide proof when records have been sealed by presidential order.

Interesting you have to add some flowery silly point every time you respond to each point of discussion. Is that some sort of defense mechanism that gives you some sort of feelings of?

KSL 03/14/12 - 02:05 am
Burden of proof lies with

Burden of proof lies with accuser only in the court of law, by the way. You of all people should know that.

KSL 03/14/12 - 02:09 am
Or have you thrown out the

Or have you thrown out the constitution along with o and his crowd!

bjphysics
bjphysics 03/14/12 - 02:16 am
Obama’s personal records are

Obama’s personal records are not sealed by an Executive Order, this is another myth.

“EXECUTIVE ORDER 13489
- - - - - - -
PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to establish policies and procedures governing the assertion of executive privilege by incumbent and former Presidents in connection with the release of Presidential records by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) pursuant to the Presidential Records Act of 1978, it is hereby ordered as follows:”

The executive order seals PRESIDENTIAL WORK PRODUCT not private personal records. Bush issued the same type of Executive Order.

bjphysics
bjphysics 03/14/12 - 02:24 am
KSL: “Burden of proof lies

KSL: “Burden of proof lies with accuser only in the court of law, by the way.”

Then there is nothing to prove because your requests do not have the force of law.

bjphysics
bjphysics 03/14/12 - 02:30 am
KSL: “Or have you thrown out

KSL: “Or have you thrown out the constitution along with o and his crowd!”

Not even sure what you’re talking about here other than the false claim about Obama throwing out the Constitution. The Supreme Court decides what is and is not constitutional; let me know when Obama violates a ruling of the court.

Only one president has ever done that, Andrew Jackson and he did it for Georgia.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/14/12 - 03:20 am
I sleep with my dog and I

I sleep with my dog and I don't wake up with fleas. My dog doesn't have fleas.He smells good too. By the way if you run for President of the US every skeleton in your closet is looked at through a microscope.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/14/12 - 06:10 am
shrimp...I've wondered who ya

shrimp...I've wondered who ya been sleeping with...hahaha..now I know....
Some records are sealed....maybe some need to be....makes ya wonder though......WHY WHY .....a President has a right to some privacy but when leading a nation.....we have a need to know......like has the Pres. ever been in a mental institution--lived in a brothel---does he have a deadly disease---all & more ....like what habits make him unsafe as Pres.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 03/14/12 - 06:33 am
At this point, if you still

At this point, if you still think a Catholic supremacist, serial adulterer (with a $500k credit line at Tiffany's) or true one-percenter will vet better than the current president, then there's no telling you differently now, and there won't be any convincing you that Obama's re-election, likely by margins similar to Vladimir Putin's, will have happened fair and square (and for the same reason, namely poor competition).

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 03/14/12 - 06:39 am
if obumler is the smartest

if obumler is the smartest prez ever, what are his grades in law school??.. mr bio please help me understand this since he proclaims this to be the most transparent ADMINISTRATION EVER......tell me about his studies tell me about his thesis..tell me about his undergraduate studies and grades. show me where to find this..i did not know that his school records were open to all ..so i believed the myth that he had them sealed...please enlighten me so i can look at his transcripts so i can decide for myself how smart he is..instead of the media telling me about his brilliance.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 03/14/12 - 08:02 am
so if you have a credit line

so if you have a credit line at tiffinanys or have earned your money legally in this country its disqualifies you as a presidential candidate. and what is a catholic supremacist?? im not catholic and i never heard this term.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 03/14/12 - 10:55 am
The way I look at it is, if

The way I look at it is, if you sleep with dogs, you get up with fleas. We definitely need a new rule of law in electing our president (Gregory Topliff).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but under the Constitution we vote on electors who later decide who the president will be. Having these electors is supposed to protect us from filling the office of president with anyone dangerous or unqualified.

Party leaders have gotten around the Constitution by having electors pledge to vote for their respective parties' candidates. Electors' names no longer appear on ballots, so many of us have no idea whom we're actually voting for or whether they're qualified to select a good president.

Bizkit
Bizkit 03/14/12 - 12:10 pm
Obama has now been vetted in

Obama has now been vetted in office. We see he played Moderate to get elected and is now back to the same ole tricks. I was watchin' MSNCB and all these women speaking out against the GOP because they hate women. They all said the women voting block would go for Obama. Pretty naive when Gallup Polls back in 2009-2010 showed only 23% of women call themselves liberal the vast majoryity were moderate and then conservative. I think they miscalculate the woman vote as always leaning liberal. I am just flabberghasted that Santorium is winning so many voters over which leads me to believe a lot of women maybe going more moderate and conservative this season. I think Obama will still carry the african-american and youth vote, but the woman vote maybe a spoiler. I think creating all this hooplah about reproductive freedom may backfire-woman are smarter than that looking at real issues. Obama maybe another Newt in being so arrogant he just can't help self-destruct and hurt himself-his attitude about gas prices and foreign affairs strategy seem to be hurting him in the polls.

Bruno
Bruno 03/14/12 - 12:10 pm
Vetted in office. Is that

Vetted in office. Is that like "We need to pass the bill to find out what is in it."?

Bizkit
Bizkit 03/14/12 - 12:15 pm
Right Bruno-its the new wave

Right Bruno-its the new wave of Democrat. Get elected and then do nothing. NO need to have committees and work out details or budgets-just let the bureaucrats do it. We just need to have a committee of a few Dems and Reps to come to an agreement-next they will just eliminate 90% of the Senate or just leave Harry Reid to do all of it. LOL.

Georgia to monitor potential Ebola travelers

The new screening comes on the heels of a decision to funnel all of the travelers from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone to one of five airports where CDC and airports are conducting enhanced ...