Quit hating our president

Bring the beat in! It’s now time for me to defend against the hating, bashing and disrespect that is being shown toward President Obama by many irresponsible and racist Americans.

It’s imperative for me to speak up and accurately defend my president, whom I consider to be all of that and more as the sitting leader for all Americans regardless of race, creed and religion.

I’m amazed at all of his positive attributes that have made him a great first-term president. He has a brilliant and analytical mind; he has shown strong and remarkable presidential leadership for our nation; and he has been fair and respectful to all Americans. Our president has been a class act, and we as Americans should be thankful to God that we have such an honorable, distinguished, dedicated, hardworking, sensible, worthy, loyal and stellar American gentleman leading our great nation.

Am I to assume that many racist Americans are angry and jealous that this man of color is doing such a fantastic job in leading our nation? Are these racists disturbed that our president is not perpetuating stereotypes that they have attached to people of color?

Will these racists ever stop hating on our president because of the color of his skin? I don’t think so. It’s almost as if these individuals have hate genes in their DNA against people of color.

I’m convinced that Mr. Obama has the right stuff to be our president. He is the truth and answer for our nation, and he’s not going let racists rain on his parade with their ignorance and stupidity.

E. Maner

Augusta

Retired Army
Retired Army 03/11/12 - 11:39 pm
And now for the

And now for the apologists.....

Retired Army
Retired Army 03/11/12 - 11:40 pm
Cause here they come.......

Cause here they come.......

Retired Army
Retired Army 03/11/12 - 11:42 pm
heard on Bill Maher the other

heard on Bill Maher the other night. What do you call a black man with power"?

Socialist, communist, Marxist, and the ever popular Muslim.

KSL
KSL 03/12/12 - 12:27 am
Has the author of this letter

Has the author of this letter had his head in the sand?

desertcat6
desertcat6 03/12/12 - 04:35 am
Watch out for the cliff. No

Watch out for the cliff. No wait, if you follow blindly, you'll need to listen for the water fall.

carcraft
carcraft 03/12/12 - 05:36 am
I'm still waiting for

I'm still waiting for President Obama to cut the deficit in half, show really leadership by not increasing the debt limit (that was the standard President Obama held then President George Bush too), close Gitmo, post bills five days before he signs them, have an open transparent administration like he promised. Obama has even asked for permission to lie when Freedom of Information requests are made. http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/2011/10/foia-obama-wants-license-l... . President Obama said he would do all these things. If President Obama doesn’t do these things we have two choices. President Obama didn’t know what he was doing and promising when he ran for office and is therefore incompetent or President Obama is a liar. Now not once did I mention race and these are President Obama’s own promises. Am I wrong to hold President Obama to the standard President Obama set? By the way I sent Herman Cain money when he was running for President and I am a great Allen West fan, who knew I was a racist? It is the white half of President Obama I don't like!

copperhead
copperhead 03/12/12 - 05:30 am
Why is it that anyone

Why is it that anyone disagreeing with hussein is labeled a "racist"? The liberals are the ones that make race an issue (therefore being the racists). Race is so far down on the list to dislike this person that it is a non-issue. Liberals need to go back to "it's bush's fault"!

carcraft
carcraft 03/12/12 - 05:41 am
I would not quote Bill Maher

I would not quote Bill Maher he is a misogynist (Maher has used various gutter terms for female genitalia to describe strong conservative women). Now being a misogynist is less offensive than being racists but is still pretty bad. Just ask El Rush Bo! BWAHAHAHAHA

avidreader
avidreader 03/12/12 - 05:45 am
Obama is the CEO. He is

Obama is the CEO. He is ultimately responsible for our financial health. Fifteen+ Trillion Dollars!!! The color of his skin has nothing to do with it. The man was ill-prepared from the get-go, and I am sad that his charismatic personality will probably save his presidency. He is a nice guy with a big heart, however . . .

carcraft
carcraft 03/12/12 - 05:46 am
Gee, I just can’t believe the

Gee, I just can’t believe the whiney attitude of some letter writers, I put up with Bush being slammed for 8 years (and called worse than President Obama has been called ) and not once did I label any of President Bush’s detractors as racist! I listened to Governor Palin being inundated with slurrs, like the C word (Bill Maher) trailer trash, idiot etc and not once did I label her detractors and being a misogynist!

copperhead
copperhead 03/12/12 - 05:48 am
Folks that buy into THIS are

Folks that buy into THIS are so far out in left field,they are out of the stadium. The liberals that voted this person into office are the racists-they voted for him for only one reason-his skin color! Those are the real racists! These liberals remind me of R2D2, never seen such devotion in a droid.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 03/12/12 - 06:28 am
why is it that if you

why is it that if you disagree with obumler your a rascist..again he is 1/2 white. and men like thomas sowell or walter williams they are not considered authentic..therefore its OK to call them names of all sorts..the libs are so inconsistent. palin is eveil because she is pro life republican..yet she mirrors the independant women and what i thought was the womens movement ...a working women a mother and a wife and she is her own person getting her jobs the old fashion way...by EARNING it. yet it is hillary that is presented as the perfect woman who got all her creditials off old billy shirt tails..no its the libs who are usually concerned about race and gender...and are quick to name calling

david jennings
david jennings 03/12/12 - 07:38 am
Mr. Maner obviously believes

Mr. Maner obviously believes the President is leading the country in the right direction, I don't. That doesn't make me a racist. I could make a list of black men and women I admire but I doubt they would be black enough for Mr. Maner. You see, the black white thing is old hat Mr. Maner. I liked Ronald Reagan but not Jimmy Carter. I can honestly say, I would vote for anyone, any race, gender or whatever if I believed they could/would deal with the important issues facing this country.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 03/12/12 - 07:41 am
If our Nobel Peace Price

If our Nobel Peace Price Winner-in-Chief is being hated because of his race, how did Herman Cain become so popular before problems with his personal life were exposed? Why also are Walter Williams and Justice Clarence Thomas so highly respected?

proud2bamerican
proud2bamerican 03/12/12 - 07:45 am
"race, race, race"...the

"race, race, race"...the ranting keeps going because that is how he was elected. So, if you don't agree with who is in office now then you are a "racist". It doesn't matter about the facts any longer, it's all about feelings. I just wish that he would take all of his "brilliant and analytical mind" and try to put it to work in the private sector; don't think he would last long there without making some drastic changes in his decision making policies. Please people...look at history and see where we are headed; first socialism which is very close to where we are now and next communism - it's a slow fade...better WAKE UP!!

freeradical
freeradical 03/12/12 - 07:50 am
I wonder what the grandmother

I wonder what the grandmother of the first black president , who the

president called :
" A typical white person "
( Obama)

as he threw her under the bus just before she died would have to say

about all this?

From a " typical white persons " perspective anyway?

Willow Bailey
20595
Willow Bailey 03/12/12 - 07:51 am
Strange how the letter writer

Strange how the letter writer complains about racism; as racism is exactly what elected President Obama. I do not approve of his decisions and strongly question his motivations. It is not the color of his skin that bothers me. It is that he associates with criminals and is militant, devious, arrogant, ungodly, and unAmerican to new a few of his attributes.

proud2bamerican
proud2bamerican 03/12/12 - 07:59 am
It is also amazing how many

It is also amazing how many "typical white persons" would have voted for Herman Cain although they are "racist"! How very, very quickly he was eliminated from the race; must have been the biggest threat to the president or he would still be running like the others.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 03/12/12 - 08:26 am
Did Mr. Maner read what he is

Did Mr. Maner read what he is saying? In his opinion, here's why we MUST re-elect Mr. Obama for 4 more years:

1) He's brilliant. While that may be debatable, there are a lot of highly intelligent people that are not competent leaders. Intelligence alone is not a qualification. Many highly intelligent folks have done immeasurable wrong to nations.

2) He has shown strong leadership. In what way? Many, if not most, of the initiatives he's tried to pass have either failed or have not made it past congress (even when it was democratically-controlled).

3) He is fair and respectful. Tell that to Catholics. But, anyway, again, there are a ton of "fair and respectful" people that have no business in the Oval Office. Being fair and respectful has not brought down gas prices.

4) He is an "honorable, distinguished, dedicated, hardworking, sensible, worthy, loyal and stellar American gentleman." Just Mr. Maner's opinion. Take it or leave it.

What is obvious is that Mr. Maner's letter is remarkably devoid of FACTS. He gives no facts to substantiate his claims at all. He is entitled to his opinion, and can (obviously) get these opinions published by the AC -- despite the lack of substance to his comments. That's OK.

What is disturbing is that Mr. Maner then decries all opposition to Mr. Obama as racist. Here is where the line must be drawn between opinion and foolishness. To vote for or against Mr. Obama simply because he is an African American is racist. Racism works BOTH ways, and neither is acceptable. Stick with the facts regarding this sitting president -- which Mr. Maner fails to do.

Here's the central question: Is this country better off after 3+ years of an Obama Administration? The facts bear out that another 4 years of this administration might not be the best thing for America.

Mr. Maner's letter, unfortunately, is more racist that factual. At least Samuel L. Jackson was honest enough to admit that he only voted for Mr. Obama because he was black. It would be nice if others would be as honest and admit the same.

Maybe Mr. Maner should stick to contributing letters about the L.A. Lakers, instead of addressing serious issues?

JRC2024
JRC2024 03/12/12 - 09:05 am
I am not a racist E. Maner. I

I am not a racist E. Maner. I just do not like liberal decisions. And by the way, most every home of a black person I go into has a picture of President Obama on a plate or a picture hung on the wall. I wonder if he gets any of the proceeds. It used to be President Kennedy or Lyndon Johnson--two very liberal Presidents.

bigclaude
bigclaude 03/12/12 - 09:14 am
I can't belive the AC even

I can't belive the AC even printed this letter. 96% of black voters cast their vote for the black candidate, and you have the nerve to call people racists just because they don't agree with Obama's policies?

Why is it OK for people of color to vote for Obama for no other reason than his skin color, but no Conservative leaning voter can disagree with Obama's heavy Liberal agenda without being labled a racist?

There is no point in trying to reason with people such as this letter writer, so I'm not going to waste my time. Besides, I have a KKK meeting to attend this morning.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 03/12/12 - 09:27 am
Why? Because liberals base

Why? Because liberals base their agenda and election plans upon talking points, not the facts. (see above letter)

willie7
willie7 03/12/12 - 09:31 am
Very good letter, Maner!

Very good letter, Maner! President Obama has held our nation together during this financial crisis and has done well with foreign policies
In fact, he has saved our nation. We all must work hard to give him 4 more years.

crkgrdn
crkgrdn 03/12/12 - 09:30 am
E. Maner, give us some

E. Maner, give us some examples of the character traits you offered. Enlighten us. Somehow I missed them. Or, do you have an ulterior motive which is to remind us of what a fraud o is. If so, thank you for that.

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 03/12/12 - 09:31 am
Three years ago Rush

Three years ago Rush Limbaugh said Obama would spend his time in office campaigning because that's what he does best and is most qualified to do, and that anyone who disagreed with ANYTHING Obama said would be labeled a 'racist'. Mission accomplished.

I suppose when the senate voted 0-98 against the budget Obama proposed in 2011 ALL the senate members were racists?

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 03/12/12 - 09:34 am
"held our nation together"

"held our nation together" "done well with foreign policies" "saved our nation"

Specifics?

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 03/12/12 - 09:36 am
This LTE shows the

This LTE shows the desperation Obama supporters must feel as they try to promote a candidate who can't run on his record. Their strategy is to make unsubstantiated boasts about his character and to throw oponents on the defensive by accusing them of racism.

Republicans need to take the offensive by focusing on issues. Truth is, most Americans aren't better off than they were four years ago, and rising gas prices aren't going to help matters.

carcraft
carcraft 03/12/12 - 09:43 am
George Bush senior said "Read

George Bush senior said "Read my lips, no new taxes". George Bush senior had that hung around his neck like an albotross during his campaign against Bill Clinton. Well here are a few of the whopers Obama told. President Obama to cut the deficit in half, show really leadership by not increasing the debt limit (that was the standard President Obama held then President George Bush too), close Gitmo, post bills five days before he signs them, have an open transparent administration like he promised. Obama has even asked for permission to lie when Freedom of Information requests are made. http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/2011/10/foia-obama-wants-license-l... . President Obama said he would do all these things. So please explain to me why the double standard for Obama! Is Obama an afirmative action President who we can't hold to the same standards as either of the Bush Presidents?

allhans
allhans 03/12/12 - 09:44 am
I understand that those who

I understand that those who so adore Obama don't want bad things said. We never like to hear those we love criticized. But Obama was elected to lead..he has failed in that role. Never has our country been so divided.

Developer fined by Georgia EPD

The developer of a Grovetown subdivision has been fined by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division for failing to control erosion and other water quality control violations.