Don't be too hard on Obama

I must respond to the letters “Labor numbers are fudged” by Robert Smock (March 1) and “The case for tossing them” by Steve R. Smith (Feb. 29).

Some of these negative comments that Mr. Smock and Mr. Smith said in these letters about President Obama are not true, or not totally true. Although Mr. Obama has made a few mistakes – and I don’t agree on a few things he has done as president – he is doing the best he can. Mr. Obama has done some good things to help get more jobs here, etc., in the United States. I think Congress should try to work with Mr. Obama more to help fix many of the problems in the United States.

Besides, no president is perfect or can satisfy every person in this world.

I am a veteran and a registered voter. Most of the incumbents who got elected to Congress were supported and helped into office by this new Tea Party movement in 2010. Now Mr. Smith wants to toss these incumbents out.

Other people in this new Tea Party movement also have said some false, negative comments about Mr. Obama, and some Tea Party members are prejudiced against Mr. Obama. Credibility is important to me, and we should all get the facts from reliable sources about what is really going on in the United States.

Mr. Smock and Mr. Smith either hate Mr. Obama or support an opposing candidate – or they are both on some kind of mudslinging agenda against the president.

David Thomas

Harlem

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/06/12 - 01:21 am
The Emperor is doing the best

The Emperor is doing the best he can to promote American jobs??? By having the Chinese build wind turbines. By sending money to a foreign car company. By laying off 1400 from Government Motors. (I hope those workers can live off the $7000 per vote vote buying scheme) By blocking the pipeline that would have given jobs to Americans and decrease dependency on foreign oil. The list goes on..........

longleafpine
longleafpine 03/06/12 - 03:10 am
We can't afford any more of

We can't afford any more of his help. A few jobs "have been created", but millions more have been lost. His failure to approve more drilling, the Keyston Pipeline, etc. have forced gas prices up, increased cost of traansportqation, therefore raising the prices on food, clothing, and everything else that is transported to our stores. At the beginning of his administration, gas was approximately $1.84, now it's $3.79. This is help??

desertcat6
desertcat6 03/06/12 - 05:04 am
And what reliable source of

And what reliable source of news would you have us suckled? One more favorable to the actions of the Obama administration - when I disagree with most of the decisions before any spin?

wribbs
wribbs 03/06/12 - 06:03 am
I think we should reelect

I think we should reelect Obama and get more of the help is giving us and get it good and hard.

carcraft
carcraft 03/06/12 - 06:32 am
Sounds like an appeal to keep

Sounds like an appeal to keep from firing the person who, as a youngster, took the short bus to school! He's trying, it really isn't his fault...

SgtT
SgtT 03/06/12 - 07:32 am
Actually I think bo is doing

Actually I think bo is doing a good job. A good job of getting people together to actually think about how bad can a president get. Soon he will be saying he is sorry for something again, maybe the Volt shut down. Then again he is just a sorry president. OMG (Obama must Go).

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/06/12 - 08:12 am
I must admit the Republican

I must admit the Republican candidates do nothing for me. Why is it that we can't get a decent candidate. Santorum talks too much about religion and Romney has nothing in common with the common man. Newt is just another Washington cronie. Ron Paul is the only one with fresh ideas but can't get a vote to save his life. I'm jusst going to vote for Obama because he is the most sane.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 03/06/12 - 09:20 am
Ron Paul is the only one with

Ron Paul is the only one with fresh ideas but can't get a vote to save his life. I'm jusst going to vote for Obama because he is the most sane (ShrimpforBreakfast).

I think I follow your logic. Ron Paul has the best ideas, but if you're looking for someone electable, Obama is your man.

allhans
allhans 03/06/12 - 10:01 am
I would have liked it if Mr.

I would have liked it if Mr. Thomas had given some details of the "good" things Obama has done. A gloss over is not enough, give us some specifics because if he has done a good job, then I must have slept right through it.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/06/12 - 10:12 am
I guess it depends on your

I guess it depends on your definition of the common man. If the common man is one who wants more government freebies, then yes, Obama is more in touch. If the common man is the one who has to pay for those government freebies, the Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, or Paul are ALL more in touch with the common man.

bjphysics
bjphysics 03/06/12 - 10:16 am
Dudeness
Dudeness 03/06/12 - 10:17 am
For someone who claims

For someone who claims credibility is important to him, this guy sure does like to sling around accusations/characterizations without a single fact or example to back them up. I am inclined to think that the writer is just prejudiced towards anyone who opposes Obama.

impossible
impossible 03/06/12 - 12:02 pm
The writer, like those who

The writer, like those who agree with him, would rather have his beliefs form the "facts," than have the facts/reality form his beliefs.

lovingthesouth72
lovingthesouth72 03/06/12 - 11:09 pm
It is shocking and sad that

It is shocking and sad that there are people still so blind that continue to support this current president. This country is doomed to destruction if he gets four more years. I hope everyone wakes up before November, for their sake, and the sake of future generations. Because if he gets four more years, the free democratic America as we know it will no longer exist.

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.