Mitt Romney can win it

I am a Tea Party conservative, and I support Mitt Romney for president.

Gov. Romney is far more conservative than prevailing public opinion implies. He was a Republican governor from one of the most “blue” states in the United States. Since he couldn’t possibly get elected as a conservative Republican, he campaigned as a liberal Republican, but he governed as a conservative in Massachusetts.

He assumed governorship when the state was in the red. He cut taxes multiple times and balanced the budget every year he was governor, and he left office with surplus. He campaigned as pro-choice but he worked hard to reduce abortions. He received endorsement from the state’s largest pro-life group for his pro-life policies.

Currently, the U.S. Senate is 60 percent Democrat; the U.S. House is about 60 percent Republican. Look how dysfunctional our federal government is. Romney had to work with 85 percent Democrat state legislators and was able to advance a conservative agenda.

It’s easy to be a conservative politician if you are representing conservative constituents like Newt Gingrich did when he represented Cobb County, the most conservative county in Georgia. It’s another thing when you are representing a huge liberal base.

That is one of the reasons I don’t blame Rick Santorum for not supporting federal right to work legislation when he was a U.S. senator. He said he would sign national right to work legislation as president, and I believe him.

No matter how great your ideas are, if you don’t get elected, you can’t implement any of those great ideas. I think Mitt Romney will govern as a conservative president because the country is center-right, whereas the Massachusetts electorate is far left of the center.

I believe in the “Buckley Rule,” named for William F. Buckley: Vote for the most conservative candidate who can win. Mitt Romney is the most conservative candidate who can win the general election.

YeSun Wiltse

Evans

Retired Army
Retired Army 02/26/12 - 12:54 am
Well, if ever there was a

The general election could be fairly cheap to produce for Democrats this year. That is if the Republicans will rent them the TV ads they've already made.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/26/12 - 07:43 am
I hate to say it but ra is

I hate to say it but ra is right....they won't have to spend $$ on adds....just replay the adds the Reps have used on each other...
Maybe the letter writer is right....maybe he can work with both parties ...hope so cause it looks as though he will be the ONE!

nothin2show4it
nothin2show4it 02/27/12 - 10:36 am
Romney won't win against

Romney won't win against Obama. Why? Because he doesn't have my vote; not that I am anyone special, far from it.

My vote, like hundreds of thousands of other tired of it. It is a result of the Republican party saying stick with us and we'll get to your issues. We heard it with Bob Dole and John McCain, the two biggest losers that come to mind.

The Republican party keeps pushing these unwanted politicians down our throats and tearing apart their competition. The old Republican establishment learns nothing and keeps pushing the same old tiring agenda.

Woo hoo for the conservatives. If Romney wins, which won't happen, we can look forward to Rombama care.

faithson
faithson 02/26/12 - 10:34 am
A voting population that will

A voting population that will embrace the likes of Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hanitty and Glenn Beck deserve this marginalization of their views on American leadership as expressed in their dismal candidates.

robaroo
robaroo 02/26/12 - 11:03 am
If the economy continues to

If the economy continues to improve or give the illusion of improving, Barak Obama will win a second term no matter who the Republican candidate is. It is unusual for an incumbent president to lose an election. It only happens when the economy is down.

The hard core Democrats and Republicans will always vote for their party's candidates. The independent voters chose Obama four years ago. I don't think Sen. Santorum will be able to pull many of them over to the Republican side. Romney is the only Republican candidate that has a reasonable chance.

If all the Republicans want to do is make a statement, they can nominate any of their candidates and then cry about the mainstream media after the election.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 02/26/12 - 12:02 pm
Well, if ever there was a

Well, if ever there was a tribute to a Chamelion this is it. What a laughing stock this makes of our two party system. Run on lies? That's what the letter writer is encouraging his/her candidate to do. Amazing what this says about the mindset of the Republican party. RA.

Uh remember this is the same tactic dems used last election...Hillary saying Obama wasn't qualified. No lobbyists on his cabinet. No transparency. Being able to read legislation before it's passed. Same day different party. All the sheep follow parties. Keep following baa baa baa.

jwarner6
jwarner6 02/26/12 - 02:21 pm
I will probably vote for

I will probably vote for Romney because I believe that he is best poised to beat Obama, which is my primary objective. However, I wish Romney would quit espousing that he balanced the Mass state budget. There is a state law which requires a balanced budget. This is like Gov Deal indicating that he balanced Ga.'s state budget. Big whoops, since a balanced budget is also a state law.

allhans
allhans 02/26/12 - 02:27 pm
robaroo..I agree. I intend

robaroo..I agree. I intend to vote for Romney, I like him. I like the fact that he said this country has been good to him and now it is time for him to try to give something back. He has the right idea. I will take him at his word. We MUST make our one vote count. Voting on " the principle" won't get us anyplace.

nothin2show4it
nothin2show4it 02/26/12 - 06:37 pm
Voting with the Republican

Voting with the Republican nominees has got us where we are today. It is always the same argument, the same snare. How many time do the Republican think they should try this same old trick. Vote Republican or you'll end up with the latest Democrat villain.

Dragging radio and television personalities or entertainers is nothing but short sightedness for what is really wrong with the Republican party.

It used to be that principles is what governed this country and guided people in their voting.

Pu239
Pu239 02/26/12 - 07:19 pm
A voting population that will

A voting population that will embrace the likes of Sarah Palin (edit- insert Barack Obama), Rush Limbaugh (edit - insert Bill Maher), Sean Hanitty (edit - insert Ed Schultz) and Glenn Beck (edit- insert Rachel Maddow) deserve this marginalization of their views on American leadership as expressed in their dismal candidates.

Retired Army
Retired Army 02/27/12 - 12:24 am
allhans writes; "Voting on "

allhans writes; "Voting on " the principle" won't get us anyplace."

Well at the very least the man is as honest as many Republicans seem to be in this election cycle. Don't let those pesky ol' principles get in your way for God's sake. Say, I wonder just how honest that is?

And for you sore reporters to the authorities out there, I'm not calling allhans a liar by any means at all. I'm simply commenting on his own comment.