When in doubt, pick Newt

We have flawed candidates for president.

Let’s take a look! Democrats have in their corner Barack Obama, a man for the little people, who has a net worth of $7 million – and did all this while being an activist for social justice. I know, he wrote a couple of books – or had someone ghost-write them. This candidate seemingly has no childhood friends or college friends, and a past that has no records that he will reveal (how many people seal their college records?).

Then we have the Republicans. Mighty Mitt Romney made $250 million from running business ventures, and has now resorted to slinging slime, not mud, toward challenger Newt Gingrich.

Newt looks good from where I am standing! Live free or die!

John H. Capes

Augusta

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 02/06/12 - 10:24 am
I wonder why Mr. Capes didn't

I wonder why Mr. Capes didn't mention Ron Paul. I bet Dr. Paul wouldn't do anything silly like throwing money at a city on the moon.

southern2
southern2 02/06/12 - 10:34 am
My order of preference....1

My order of preference....1 Newt, 2 Santorum, 3 Paul, 4 Romney, 5 Benedict Arnold, 6 Barack Hussein Obama

TParty
TParty 02/06/12 - 10:38 am
Obama's net worth is over

Obama's net worth is over $10million, but what does his worth have to do with anything? And Newt is the one throwing slime at Romney for his business ventures. Romney has just pointed out the facts to Newt on his policies and stances. Moon bases, hanging out with Pelosi, saying how close he was to Regan, when Regan wrote different a version... Newt is just a cry baby, who lies, cheats and steals. No, not Newt, not ever.

Ron Paul is still in the race everyone.

allhans
allhans 02/06/12 - 10:46 am
It has been ordained by ABC,

It has been ordained by ABC, CNN..... GA will vote for Gingrich. SC already has.
I guess my vote will be a voice in the wilderness but I will not vote for Newt or Paul (though I do have respect for Ron Paul, he is NOT my idea of someone who can run a country).
---=- This means in the primary. I will vote against Obama in Nov no matter who the candidate is. I won't waste my vote trying to make a point that will go unnoticed.

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/06/12 - 11:51 am
I just can't vote for Newt.

I just can't vote for Newt. He is just not consistent. He runs hot and cold, almost manic. He is very smart but sometimes sarcastic and vindictive. One day he give a positive speech and the next day he reminds me of my ex-wife.

Romney has been pretty steady. Yes, he is rich but, so far, nobody has said that he has done anything illegal. I've got no problem with someone just because they have been smart enough to make money. But the one thing that stands out to me in Romney's history is the way he took charge of the Utah Olympics and turned it into a successful event. That project was in total disarray and was very probably going to fail. Romney took charge, turned it around, and made it work. Probably using exactly the same qualities that allowed him to make a lot of money. And the same qualities that would make him a good president.

I like some of Newt's zingers but his career, his politics, and his personal life are just not as stable as I would like to see. Romney may not be the ultra conservative that some people would like him to be, but his ability to take charge and make something positive happen is proven. I have heard a lot of people gripe because he is "rich" but that is actually a plus for me. I certainly will not fault a man for making money. Given the choice of Romney or Newt, I will have to go with steady as she goes Romney. Watching Newt is like watching a manic depressive.

allhans