Ron Paul protects freedom

Ron Paul stands for freedom in all aspects of life, and has adhered to his principles for 30 years. No flip, no flop. As others sell out, Paul stands firm on constitutional principles of freedom and personal responsibility.

Paul has never voted for a tax increase and returns a portion of his operational budget every year.

Paul realizes the liberty of each American is only bound by the liberty of the Americans around him, and the rule of law should not inhibit personal freedom. As more freedoms are taken away and laws passed to allow Americans to be arrested and held without trial indefinitely, Paul continues to speak out against such injustice.

While the rest of the pack is backed by large corporate sponsors, Paul continues to raise money the old-fashioned way – through small donations of those who respect him and support his message.

Paul is the candidate for all who love freedom and want government to get out of their personal lives.

Ron Paul offers Paul-itics we can live with.

John Cornett

Chapin, S.C.

TParty
TParty 01/17/12 - 08:34 am
Get ready for all the people

Get ready for all the people who hate his foreign policy, because he is not beating the drum for war, war and more war. Instead of having a president that sends troops everywhere without permission, he'll need congress to declare war. Get ready!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/12 - 08:51 am
What must I do to get ready?

What must I do to get ready?

Chillen
Chillen 01/17/12 - 09:57 am
Excellent letter. Ron Paul

Excellent letter. Ron Paul is a great American and we need someone like him in the White House.

I wish more Republicans would wake up. Romney is the worst of the 5 candidates (but ALL are infinitely better than the community organizer). Romney loves big govt and is willing to sign documents that remove freedoms from American citizens. We don't need any more of that.

In the difficult times ahead, we need a leader who wants to protect our freedoms, not remove them from us. We need a leader with a clear agenda and a soul. Choose carefully South Carolina. It is that important.

omnomnom
omnomnom 01/17/12 - 10:02 am
have a couple of stiff drinks

have a couple of stiff drinks to loosen your mood LL. everything else is just about illegal.

Bruno
Bruno 01/17/12 - 10:10 am
I don't agree with his

I don't agree with his isolationist foreign policy not because it isn't beating a drum for war but because it is naive and short-sighted. I don't agree with most of his policies because they are also short sighted. I also don't agree with the views put forth in his racist newsletter.
It must be pointed out that Paul has flip flopped from Republican to Libertarian and back again. He has also flipflopped on his newsletter and his stance on global warming as well as DADT.
Paul would be an ineffectual President.

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 01/17/12 - 10:27 am
Excellent letter. Chillen is

Excellent letter. Chillen is right about Ron Paul being a great American who deserves our support (in fact, we're blessed to have the opportunity to vote for a candidate such as he). No other candidate will work to free our nation from the grips of defense contractors and international bankers whose greed has been impoverishing us by the devaluation of our currency.

Dr. Paul has been proclaiming the same message since the 1980s. At last, people are waking up and taking him seriously. If you think it smart to borrow money for fighting needless wars and rebuilding the nations we ruin, vote for any of the other candidates. If you want to restore America with all its rights and freedoms, vote for Ron Paul.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/17/12 - 11:11 am
Fund, as I said before, I'm

Fund, as I said before, I'm glad RP is in the race and getting some attention finally because he is raising the attention to Washington and its encroachment on liberty. However, his persona doesn't lend itself to him being an effective and serious leader of a state, much less a nation. With some seasoning though, his son may be able to continue the crusade and be a serious contender some day.

harley_52
harley_52 01/17/12 - 11:56 am
I like Ron Paul. I agree

I like Ron Paul. I agree with much of what he says about Domestic issues, including budget and finance policy. I'm glad Ron Paul is still in the race because he's entertaining and because he forces conversation on some issues that really should be discussed.

I don't think there's any chance Ron Paul will be President for several reasons.
1. His foreign policy
2. His apparent lack of understanding of the threat from radical Islam
3. He's too old
4. He really doesn't want the job.

I've discussed the first three before. As for number four, he's actually not intending to be President. I've heard him as much as admit it in interviews. What he wants (and what he is getting) is a seat at the table. He wants to go to the Republican Convention with as many committed delegates as he can win so that he can influence the Platform adopted by the Party and perhaps to get a prime time speaker slot at the Convention.

Chillen
Chillen 01/17/12 - 12:47 pm
harley. Whatever you do,

harley. Whatever you do, don't vote for Romney in the primaries. Listen to what he says and look at what he's done. Not a good track record.

Did you watch the debate last night? He supports the NDAA bill for pete's sake!! (Lord help us) He believes govt should run healthcare (oh yes, he says otherwise but his actions tell us something different)

I'll vote for him and also support him only if he gets the nomination because he's better than the mad marxist/communist wanna be. However, my hope is that he doesn't get it.

harley_52
harley_52 01/17/12 - 01:49 pm
Chillen, I've watched every

Chillen, I've watched every minute of every debate. Right now, I'm torn between Gingrich and Romney. Neither of them are EXACTLY what I'd like to see, but both have their pluses and minuses.

If the Republican party nominated Ron Paul, I'd vote for him in the General election. I just don't see it happening and I won't vote for him in the Primary for the reasons I've given.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 01/17/12 - 02:19 pm
Chillen & Harley, please

Chillen & Harley, please consider who is most likely able to beat Obama in the general election. That would be Romney IMHO. Gingrich, as much as I admire him, can't win over Obama. He has alienated too many people to win.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 01/17/12 - 02:23 pm
OK< Harley, Paul is too old.

OK< Harley, Paul is too old. I heard you the first, second and third times. Just think , he is eleven years younger than me. Wow! That is old

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/17/12 - 02:24 pm
I agree Mr. Duvall. I thought

I agree Mr. Duvall. I thought Newt was outstanding in the SC debates last night, but will that translate into electability against Obama? I don't think so. He excites the core conservatives more than Romney, but it is the people in the middle and left of center who have to be swayed and they are more likely to support Romney over Obama than Newt over Obama.

harley_52
harley_52 01/17/12 - 02:28 pm
Carleton, you agree he's too

Carleton, you agree he's too old, right? I'm young enough to be your son and I consider myself old. I'm amazed at the physical and mental demands of the life these people have to live and I wouldn't even want to try it myself.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/17/12 - 02:28 pm
Newt may not be able to beat

Newt may not be able to beat President Obama, but the debates would be priceless.

harley_52
harley_52 01/17/12 - 02:45 pm
I agree, JTF, Newt is by far

I agree, JTF, Newt is by far the most inspirational and effective speaker of the bunch. If you did a highlight reel of the debates so far, he would probably be in every highlight.

We need a charismatic leader like Newt, the question is whether Newt's charisma and Conservatism can trump his ego and his "baggage" (and I'm not talking about his personal life).

Chillen
Chillen 01/17/12 - 02:48 pm
@carleton, I understand what

@carleton, I understand what you are saying.

However. Voting for a person just "because they can beat obama" (if they even can given that half of America pays no income tax) is what has gotten us in this mess. And by mess I mean the massive loss of freedoms, the corruption, the crony capitalism, the crooked politicians, the never ending politically motivated wars, etc. Coming from both sides of the aisle.

We must stand up for our principals and vote for who is best for America. Not who we can just "tolerate" or who will get us to doomsday slower. It's time to fix America. America is badly broken. It's our turn to stand up and fix the mess we and our parents & grandparents have made. We need to fix it for our kids & our grandkids.

I believe a few of the candidates will try. Ron Paul would try the hardest, followed closely by Santorum, Perry & Gingrich in that order. Bringing up the rear is Romney.

I was totally mortified last night when I heard Romney smugly say he'd sign the NDAA bill. That bill is very bad for America. It leads to future bills - like this one that is in the works - Enemy Expatriation Act (HR 3166). This little gem promises to strip away your citizenship if the govt "thinks" you are hostile towards the USA.

It's almost 1984 my friends.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, forever." ~George Orwell~

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 01/17/12 - 02:58 pm
The reality is Ron Paul will

The reality is Ron Paul will never be president, whether he wants it or not. The GOP machine refuses to run a true conservative...I'm not saying Ron Paul is a true conservative but the machine thinks a moderate has a better chance of defeating Obama. Mr. Paul has some great fiscal ideas but his isolationist foreign policy is naive. Since WWII we have, by default become the policeman of the world. For better or worse that's the reality.

harley_52
harley_52 01/17/12 - 04:05 pm
Conservative Man said "Let me

Conservative Man said "Let me put it a different way. There will always be a dominant military power in the world. Wouldn't you rather it be ours?That's why presidential elections are so important. Putting people in power you can trust..."

Excellent point.

Beyond the advantages of being the "dominant military power" in the world, there's another reason we've got to maintain a strong military and that's radical islam. There are about 1.5 billion muslims in the world and some, unknown number of them have been radicalized to the point they have declared jihad on us, Israel, and Western Europe. There's no doubt they mean business as they've already killed thousands and have vowed to destroy us. We MUST find them and destroy them before they destroy us. At present, and as far as we know, they currently lack the capability to destroy huge numbers of us all at once. If they could, they would. Soon, they may gain that capability.

We need a President who believes in that threat, understands it, and will dedicate the necessary resources to defeat it.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/12 - 04:39 pm
Harley wrote: I agree, JTF,

Harley wrote:

harley_52
harley_52 01/17/12 - 04:44 pm
Little Lamb said "If what you

Little Lamb said "If what you want is an inspirational and effective speaker, you can just keep the current White House occupant."

Thanks for the tip, LL, but he's not part of "the bunch."

But you knew that already.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 01/17/12 - 05:20 pm
Chillen, You understand what

Chillen, You understand what I am saying and then you turn around and write four paragraphs as to why I am wrong. I understand what you are saying, also ,and I agree to a point. If we don't nominate the right man to run against Obama, however, we will be stuck with him for another four years. Your choice.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 01/17/12 - 05:33 pm
I do agree, Harley, Paul is

I do agree, Harley, Paul is too old to be president. I agree that the stress created by the job will get the best of even a young man.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/12 - 05:38 pm
Likewise, Gingrich is too

Likewise, Gingrich is too old, also. Never vote for a septuagenarian. We see how that worked with Dole and McCain.

harley_52
harley_52 01/17/12 - 05:53 pm
Sixty-eight is not too old,

Sixty-eight is not too old, at least for the first term. That's ten years younger than Ron Paul and twenty years younger than Carleton.

Heck, that's barely out of high school.