Democrats aren't the answer

In the Jan. 13 Augusta Chronicle was a letter from Joaquin Godoy of Aiken (“Our nation can be saved”). What fantasy world does this man live in?

Didn’t he read any news reports, watch TV news, or listen to radio commentators over the past three years, or do any research before writing the letter? Mr. Godoy is a mad-dog Democrat in the ilk of Richmond County Democratic Party Chairman Lowell Greenbaum. They wouldn’t know the truth if it bit them on their rear ends. Reasonably-minded Democrats must be shaking their heads when they read Mr. Godoy’s letter.

One point Mr. Godoy made was that Vice President Joe Biden should step down. After listening to his gaffes over the years, I agree. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as President Obama’s vice president would make sense, but she is too strong a person for Mr. Obama. If it looks like Mr. Obama will get hammered in the coming election, he will take the position that he has decided not to run for re-election, and the Democratic Party will then nominate Mrs. Clinton for the presidency. If that happens, she will no doubt win.

Also, Mr. Godoy’s comment regarding the Israeli lobby has no merit. He should wake up, smell the roses and stop writing such inane letters. They show his ignorance of world events.

Richard Wilson

Aiken, S.C.

Techfan
Techfan 01/14/12 - 06:41 am
I find it interesting that if

I find it interesting that if someone made a comment with the amount of personal attacks and name calling as the LTE, it would be flagged and pulled as being abusive. So why would the AC print the letter? Does it have a double standard?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/12 - 06:46 am
Techfan, I'm curious what

Techfan, I'm curious what exact words in the LTE upset you?

Techfan
Techfan 01/14/12 - 06:57 am
They don't upset me, but I

They don't upset me, but I had a post where I didn't single anyone out, but used the term ignorant and got the abuse email. It's just what I said, if somone made a post singling out someone and said, "They wouldn’t know the truth if it bit them on their rear ends." it would meet the same fate. Just curious why it's ok to do this in a LTE but get zapped if you make the same comments in a post.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/12 - 07:01 am
I don't know, Techfan. "Bit

I don't know, Techfan. "Bit them on their rear ends" is a good natured, admittedly negative, expresssion. Now if you want to talk about having posts pulled for little things, put my name on that list, too.

Techfan
Techfan 01/14/12 - 07:09 am
I had one where someone

I had one where someone commented that they just heard of grover Norquist in the past few years, and I said it was scary that some people are so uninformed. I got zapped and told to, "Tone this down. Don't attack other commenters." A tad milder than the "bit them on their rear ends comment". I just don't get it. I sent sean an email asking if it's posters just picking out stuff and flagging them and the abuse warning gets sent automatically or if it's the AC doing it but haven't gotten a response yet (it's just been a couple of days).

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/12 - 07:14 am
Techfan, I get those "tone

Techfan, I get those "tone it down" emails too. Some days I feel like no one likes me, too, no matter what I say. Heh. Hang in there; it ain't easy thinking you know it all.

Techfan
Techfan 01/14/12 - 07:21 am
I figure since we haven't

I figure since we haven't been banned, we haven't been too abusive.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/12 - 07:24 am
Yep, so maybe there's a place

Yep, so maybe there's a place for LTE's that are kind of funny and maybe a little rude, too...as there should be for us. Actually, the more I think about it, you have a good point.

Techfan
Techfan 01/14/12 - 07:27 am
Heck, if they threw a physics

Heck, if they threw a physics problem out there, I'd call myself ignorant.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/12 - 07:51 am
Aw heck, Techfan, I bet you

Aw heck, Techfan, I bet you can time an intraaortic balloon pump and the physics guys can't.

dade30906
dade30906 01/14/12 - 08:06 am
Do you readers believe a cure

Do you readers believe a cure for HIV/ AIDS will be developed in your lifetime or your grandchildren lifetime?

kissofdeath
kissofdeath 01/14/12 - 08:28 am
The Answer: Across the

The Answer: Across the country extremist Republicans have lanched coordinated attacks against the middle class by decimating public services and failing to create jobs, all while giving handouts to th wealthy.

Techfan
Techfan 01/14/12 - 08:30 am
Balloon pumps are a pain. I

Balloon pumps are a pain. I prefer old fashioned post CABG care. For a while I worked where robotic trials were going on. For a single bypass, it was laproscopic by the robotics and we'd send 'em home the next day. Wild. Waiting for the stuff that Scotty uses and we'll just zap 'em.

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 01/14/12 - 09:19 am
I new to America, new to

I new to America, new to South country. Please someone tell me what is this "AMEN," "AMEN," "AMEN"?

southernguy08
southernguy08 01/14/12 - 09:27 am
Richard, polls show the bulk

Richard, polls show the bulk of voters agree with you, especially with the current "community leader" in the WH. Yup, more "change" coming in November. Sorry liberals, just calls em as I sees em. KISSOFDEATH, Dems control half of congress and the WH, but you want to rant about all the harm Republicans are doing. Yeah, I'm laughing!

bjphysics
bjphysics 01/14/12 - 09:29 am
All the posts above are being

All the posts above are being abusive; I want these posters to change their tone: more bass, treble, and add some subwoofers.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/12 - 09:31 am
EEL, maybe it's like an "Oh,

EEL, maybe it's like an "Oh, God!!!!"

Maybe you don't ever utter those words? Heh.

bjphysics
bjphysics 01/14/12 - 09:34 am
effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 01/14/12 - 10:02 am
Riverman1: No, never do, but

Riverman1: No, never do, but then I live in "Realsville," just like
Rush! [sic]

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 01/14/12 - 10:27 am
Copperhead...You're killin'

Copperhead...You're killin' me!!!.... Laughing so hard I can't finish breakfast.....What you say is precisely how our liberal "friends" see "Our Dear Ruler"...

allhans
allhans 01/14/12 - 10:39 am
BTW..Who is Grover Norquist?

BTW..Who is Grover Norquist? Must be some kind of big shot?

Bruno
Bruno 01/14/12 - 10:45 am
Personally, I think that we

Personally, I think that we will have a harder time moving forward unless we give up the "yeah for our team" mentality. We have turned politics into a sporting event with the same ignorance that is given to that. How many rabidly pro team X fans have you met that didn't go to college much less the college they are rooting for? The same goes with politics. How many rabidly Part X fans have you met that are fans not because of a reasoned, intelligent weighing of the issues but rather simply based on feelings or their hatred for the other side? Politicians know this and use the divisiveness to do what ever they want. (Dang, that sounds cynical.)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/12 - 10:45 am
Allhans, is that like a "Who

Allhans, is that like a "Who is John Galt?" question?

faithson
faithson 01/14/12 - 11:25 am
gotta love it when these

gotta love it when these people who live in glass houses throw rocks... With the 'lunny' group of candidates the repub's are putting up, I think Mr. Wilson should reconsider his definition of 'mad dog' to include those of his own 'ilk'.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/14/12 - 11:40 am
I agree, we need some more

I agree, we need some more debt and control.

itsanotherday
itsanotherday 01/14/12 - 12:05 pm
"BTW..Who is Grover Norquist?

"BTW..Who is Grover Norquist? Must be some kind of big shot?"

He is a right wing king maker/breaker. He has a very powerful political machine that gets Republicans unelected or initially defeated at the polls if they won't sign his "contract/pledge" to vote in certain ways.

Bruno
Bruno 01/14/12 - 01:24 pm
Techfan, I too had the same

Techfan, I too had the same issue when I stated that someone was ignorant of a topic. I emailed Sean about it but never heard any justification as to why the use of a perfectly good term such as "ignorant" was considered offensive. I think it stems from the fact that most are ignorant of what the term ignorant means.

allhans
allhans 01/14/12 - 01:28 pm
rm..Bait.

rm..Bait.

Jake
Jake 01/14/12 - 02:19 pm
I think "ignorant" must be

I think "ignorant" must be one of their filtered words. I think you have to use the term "misinformed".
The mouse scroll button is a beautiful thing. Some folks come on here and always have the same predictable posts.

Bruno
Bruno 01/14/12 - 03:13 pm
Well, that is just stupid.

Well, that is just stupid. Ignorant and misinformed have two different meanings.
Ignorant: Adjective:
1) Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2) Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".

Misinformed: past participle, past tense of mis·in·form
Verb:
Give false or inaccurate information.

Coroner granted funds to offset transportation costs

The Richmond County Coroner's Office will get some relief now that it can access funds collected through a partnership with Georgia Regents Medical Center.