Our nation can be saved

A strategy to save our country and make it great again:

• The re-election of President Obama is imperative.

• The Occupiers, whose majority were previous Obama voters, must again occupy thousands of cities across the country.

• Mr. Obama must name Hillary Clinton his vice-presidential running mate and let Joe Biden leave for a well-deserved sabbatical.

• In his presidency, Mr. Obama must make every promise in his previous campaign a reality. The first one has to be lifelong, comprehensive health-care coverage for each one of our citizens.

• It is an absolute must to bring our troops back from Afghanistan within the first year of his second term. Precisely at this very moment, the Taliban is taking crucial steps for future negotiations, obviously with the Obama administration.

• The Israeli lobby, which has conducted our Middle East foreign policy and has members of both houses on its payroll, must be dismantled.

• Contribution of money or any other similar favors to our election process have to be prohibited and penalized under the law.

• Enforce a special high tax to be created and applied to the so-called political pundits who play against one another on our cable networks, sustaining a despicable business.

Amen.

Joaquin Godoy

Aiken, S.C.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 01/13/12 - 12:26 am
My, my, how do you respond to

My, my, how do you respond to a letter like that. Every point made is why we are in the shape we are in and not a means to a better life. The hope and change that is needed is not going to come from Obama and unfortunately its not going to come from the republicans either although I am sure to vote for one to oust out this President with his failed policies and repeal Obamacare.

Our hope only comes when peoples hearts are changed. No matter who you have as a leader if your leaders are greedy and immoral then trouble will always there. What must happen for real change is that from the outhouse to the whitehouse men and women must give their hearts over to the Lord Jesus Christ. We must humble ourselves and ask God to forgive us our sins. Abolish the ACLU and restore prayer, Bible reading, and the pledge of allegience back into the school. We must quit killing our babies while in their mother's womb. We must turn away from profitting off of sins such as lotteries, alcohol and drugs. Only when the people of this nation turn back to Jesus Christ will there be true change and true hope!

Haki
Haki 01/13/12 - 01:47 am
Yes! Let's vote for

Yes! Let's vote for Bachman....no Romney......no Cain.....no Newt......no Santorum......no Paul......no Romney! Anybody but the community organizer with 4 years experience as President of the United States. When do you admit your team is disfunctional?

blackindependent
blackindependent 01/13/12 - 05:59 am
Yeah, What THEY said!Here are

Yeah, What THEY said!Here are some reasons Obama should NOT get a second term:
1. Instead of "hope and Change" we are hoping things change.
2. I made "lifelong health care" available for me and my family a decade ago and I did it with MY money, not yours.
3. The only promises he has kept are to the unions and parasites
4. Joe Biden is not the president nor the problem, Barack Obama is.
5. Socialism doesn't play well in the South

PS If political contributions were banned, where would Obama get the BILLION dollars he plans to buy reelection with?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/12 - 06:41 am
I always thought Hillary

I always thought Hillary would do a better job......but alas....time is moving on & now it is 2012....we all know what will happen this year...
(heh).....so let's parteeeee til the cows come home!!

wribbs
wribbs 01/13/12 - 06:46 am
The problem is Obama hasn't

The problem is Obama hasn't been allowed enough money to get us out of this mess. Oh wait.

avidreader
avidreader 01/13/12 - 06:56 am
Mr. Godoy, I appreciate your

Mr. Godoy, I appreciate your sentiments. Mr. Obama is a nice guy; however, where does the BUCK stop. Apparently not at the President's desk. If this man were the CEO of a major corporation where your investments were at stake, you'd be screaming for his dismissal. A CEO cannot spend 12 trillion dollars (15 minus Bush's 3) of investors' money without showing major gains from the investment.

Our country is in terrible financial shape, Mr. Goday, and personally, I do not care which of the Republican candidates are chosen to lead, as long as the victor QUITS SPENDING money that we do not have. My wife and I were smart enough to plan for our future and I am extremely worried about our investments and retirement funds.

Someone other than Mr. Obama has to step up and say, "No more irresponsible spending."

Amen!

copperhead
copperhead 01/13/12 - 07:04 am
hussein is king of kings,lord

hussein is king of kings,lord of lords. he is the way,the light. he is our savior!mmm mmm obama mmm mmm tingle tingle praise be to hussein! kneel and recieve your only salvation(collective) praise hussein mmm mmm obama mmm mmm

avidreader
avidreader 01/13/12 - 07:09 am
And yes, I'm a middle-aged

And yes, I'm a middle-aged white guy who busts his chops everyday to educate our future generations. The most significant lesson that I pump at my kids constantly is to take responsibility for their lives. Educated citizens are much less likely to become a burden on our society. Eventually, the Democratic focus will have to change. Hopefully!

copperhead
copperhead 01/13/12 - 07:15 am
hussein (drool drool) is god

hussein (drool drool) is god of gods come down to save Americans from ourselves. worship him and thank him for our salvation. praises be to him! mmm mmm obama mmm mmm there is no hope for the world but through hussein mmm mmm obama mmm mmm

copperhead
copperhead 01/13/12 - 07:26 am
lord hussein,please borrow $2

lord hussein,please borrow $2 trillion more from china to save us! mmm mmm obama mmm mmm you are the wisest of the wise mmm mmm obama mmm mmm your will be done AMEN

copperhead
copperhead 01/13/12 - 07:31 am
lord hussein,please continue

lord hussein,please continue to bypass congress for they know not what they do mmm mmm obama mmm mmm AMEN

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/13/12 - 08:27 am
Copperhead that is funny! I

Copperhead that is funny! I always enjoy your posts! tingle tingle

copperhead
copperhead 01/13/12 - 08:28 am
Are the liberals not going to

Are the liberals not going to welcome a convert to the flock? Y'all have convinced me that hussein is lord. I have seen the light. Praises be to hussein! AMEN

copperhead
copperhead 01/13/12 - 08:35 am
Not meant to be funny. I am a

Not meant to be funny. I am a true convert. I now see that personal responsibility and success are evil. Profits are evil. I have realized that it is easier to just let hussein make all the decisions in my life,AMEN praises be to hussein mmm mmm obama mmm mmm

skeptic griggsy
skeptic griggsy 01/13/12 - 08:58 am
copperhead, straw men! The

copperhead, straw men!
The Affordable Care Act is already saving people money.
Obama cares! Romneycare works whilst Gov. Romney wants to undo the Act. What a flip-flopper!
Democrats fib; Republicans lie!
Liberals laud personal responsibilty! Don't make stupid false dilemmas!

theevangelist2
theevangelist2 01/13/12 - 08:59 am

Thank you "avidreader"for addressing our President as Mr. Obama. The rest of you individuals need to put a handle on our President Obama and respect the position if not the man. He still is our President until the fat lady sings. Respect is the operative word here today and always. My mother and father taught me that years ago.

allhans
allhans 01/13/12 - 09:00 am
I had to check my calendar to

I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't "April Fool Day".

Good laugh though.

follower 01/13/12 - 09:04 am
theevangelist2, I do respect

theevangelist2, I do respect the postion of President, which is why I'll be voting for someone that will respect the position.

bubbasauce
20689
bubbasauce 01/13/12 - 09:05 am
Joaquin, Where in the world

Joaquin,
Where in the world have you been the last three years, in a coma? I know, you must have won the lottery and don't see or know what Obama has done to this Country. Now I need a drink!

allhans
allhans 01/13/12 - 09:06 am
We have called all presidents

We have called all presidents by name, most recently, Clinton, Bush and Obama. That's just the way it is in the real world.

Copperhead has a great understanding of the silliness this administration has brought forth.

blues550
blues550 01/13/12 - 09:32 am
Hello! Hello! Hello! Is there

Hello! Hello! Hello!
Is there anybody in there?
Just knock if you can hear me?
Is there anyone home?

southernguy08
southernguy08 01/13/12 - 09:53 am
Gee HAKI, I remember back in

Gee HAKI, I remember back in 08, the other Dem candidates for president, including Obama's now VP Joe Biden and Sec. of State Billary, were telling the American people that Obama wasn't qualified to be president. History has proved them right. But don't worry, the polls show that you, Joaquin, and other Obama supporters will have another president to blame for all the ills of the world this time next year. Ready for more "change?"

southernguy08
southernguy08 01/13/12 - 09:55 am
Funny, I never saw

Funny, I never saw Theevangelist calling for respect for GW. Must have missed those posts.

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 01/13/12 - 10:13 am
Another $1.2 TRILLION to keep

Another $1.2 TRILLION to keep the U.S. from being foreclosed upon by
the Chinese....

"There you go again" Barack. I'm pretty sure there's vacation/party funds for you and your fabulous family in that 1.2 trillion budget increase.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 01/13/12 - 10:32 am
excellent !...... Joaquin

excellent !...... Joaquin Godoy...very good sarcasm...... ;)

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 01/13/12 - 10:53 am
copperhead, thanks for

copperhead, thanks for bringing a little laughter to this situation. As tough as times are and as bad as our leaders seem to be it helps to have a little humor sometimes.

jessica127
jessica127 01/13/12 - 11:08 am
Normally I just read and not

Normally I just read and not comment... But Copperhead... Your slap halarious!!! " tingle, tingle". LMBO!!!!!!

skeptic griggsy
skeptic griggsy 01/13/12 - 11:10 am
copperhead can sure make

copperhead can sure make sophistry! Grieve and weep!

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/13/12 - 11:11 am
The re-election of President

The re-election of President Obama is unthinkable.

By election day this country will be $16 trillion in debt. Obama and the Democrats have increased our debt 60% in one term. We cannot survive another 4 years of these spenders. Disregard all other issues except one, the spending, and this reason alone is enough to put an end to the Obama / Reid farce.

Elect a Republican, any Republican. The spending has got to stop and Obama and the Democrats have done nothing but borrow and spend. The spending is the ONLY issue that counts. All other issues are sideshows to distract you from the only issue that counts in THIS election. I assure you that all of your little sideshows like abortion, religion, the environment, solar energy, electric cars, etc., will be the absolute last thing on your mind if the economy in this country goes the way of Greece. We are factually already there economically based on our debt and the only thing preventing the collapse right now is the fact that the rest of the world knows that we have one last chance to turn things around in November. They are giving us that chance but we will not get another.

bailmeout4
bailmeout4 01/13/12 - 11:57 am
copperhead you are one of

copperhead you are one of those pull string dolls full of rhetoric. Say something original.

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.