Liberal hate beyond belief

I was brought to tears while reading your editorial “Race to the bottom” (Jan. 9). The writer asked if you can get more contemptible. He was referring to disgusting tweets that Bill Maher made after a Denver Broncos loss on Christmas Eve about quarterback Tim Tebow.

Then he went on to tell us what liberal commentator Alan Colmes recently said about Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum in regard to his deceased infant. I could never in my life have put into words how disgusting Colmes is for saying what he said.

I want to thank the writer for saying what he said. It broke my heart to imagine how the Santorums suffered when their baby died. And to have someone like Colmes say those things is beyond belief.

Thank you again for letting your readers know how you feel because we all feel the same way. I will never forget your words.

Pat Tortorello

McCormick, S.C.

desertcat6
desertcat6 01/11/12 - 02:42 am
BINGO

BINGO

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 01/11/12 - 06:11 am
Spend a few minutes a day at

Spend a few minutes a day at mediamatters.org, and then see if you can still tell me (with a straight face) that there's disproportionate hate on the liberal side of American for-profit mass media.

southernguy08
southernguy08 01/11/12 - 07:08 am
Mediamatters.org? Gee JON,

Mediamatters.org? Gee JON, guess that hour long show of Bill Maher that does nothing but bash conservatives and Republicans doesn't exist, eh? Realtime with Bill Maher...they should call it BASH CONSERVATIVE TIME WITH BILL MAHER, since that's all the guy does. Do you see HBO putting on another show, or ANYTHING that can be considered equal time? No? What a surprise. Chris Matthews and the late(I kid) Keith Olbermann of MSNBC certainly spouted plenty of hate against conservatives to the 15 people who watch that network. The list goes on and on.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 01/11/12 - 07:51 am
Thanks Pat, you are on

Thanks Pat, you are on target.

copperhead
copperhead 01/11/12 - 08:27 am
Jon Lester,i looked at media

Jon Lester,i looked at media matters and found NOTHING near what colmes said. Would you please quote something comparable to the colmes statement?

Techfan
Techfan 01/11/12 - 08:37 am
"I tell people don't kill all

"I tell people don't kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus - living fossils - so we will never forget what these people stood for."

- Rush Limbaugh, Denver Post, 12-29-95

Techfan
Techfan 01/11/12 - 08:40 am
"Get rid of the guy. Impeach

"Get rid of the guy. Impeach him, censure him, assassinate him." Referring to President Clinton

- Rep. James Hansen (R-UT),

copperhead
copperhead 01/11/12 - 08:42 am
I make jokes about liberals

I make jokes about liberals too techfan. The statement you cite is nowhere near what colmes said. Nice try though.

Techfan
Techfan 01/11/12 - 08:45 am
"Chelsea is a Clinton. She

"Chelsea is a Clinton. She bears the taint; and though not prosecutable in law, in custom and nature the taint cannot be ignored. All the great despotisms of the past - I'm not arguing for despotism as a principle, but they sure knew how to deal with potential trouble - recognized that the families of objectionable citizens were a continuing threat. In Stalin's penal code it was a crime to be the wife or child of an 'enemy of the people.' The Nazis used the same principle, which they called Sippenhaft, 'clan liability.' In Imperial China, enemies of the state were punished 'to the ninth degree': that is, everyone in the offender's own generation would be killed and everyone related via four generations up, to the great-great-grandparents, and four generations down, to the great-great-grandchildren, would also be killed."

- John Derbyshire, National Review, 02-15-01

copperhead
copperhead 01/11/12 - 08:46 am
Folks need to keep in mind

Folks need to keep in mind that liberal heroes include mao and hitler. They would vote for charles manson if he was running as a democrat.

Techfan
Techfan 01/11/12 - 08:50 am
"Two things made this country

"Two things made this country great: White men & Christianity. The degree these two have diminished is in direct proportion to the corruption and fall of the nation. Every problem that has arisen (sic) can be directly traced back to our departure from God's Law and the disenfranchisement of White men."

- State Rep. Don Davis (R-NC),

Techfan
Techfan 01/11/12 - 08:51 am
"My only regret with Timothy

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building."

- Ann Coulter, New York Observer, 08-26-02

tinman
tinman 01/11/12 - 09:24 am
I want to pass along a big

I want to pass along a big thank you to TechFan for the great quotes he has found for us! They are good quotes and great words to live by! Thank you TechFan!

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 01/11/12 - 09:28 am
How about that disgusting

How about that disgusting song that was played when Michelle Bachman came on stage recently? I still cringe at some of the remarks made about Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol and her down's syndrome son. Alan Colmes about outdid himself though.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/11/12 - 09:31 am
Techfan, it shows

Techfan, it shows conservatives have a sense of humor. I especially like Ann Coulter's NY Times-McVeigh comment, LOL. Want one of my bumper stickers? "Kill Communists"

soldout
soldout 01/11/12 - 09:37 am
It has to be a mental disease

It has to be a mental disease to reach a point in life where killing un-born babies is a good thing. Once a person reaches that point nothing they say or do should be a surprise. They certainly can't be trusted to care about your life when they don't care about life at all. Once someone has this spirit of death operating in their life then they actions are easy to understand and only a relationship with Jesus the fix them.

OJP
OJP 01/11/12 - 09:55 am
Great job,

Great job, Techfan.

Riverman1: Why do conservative comments like these get a pass as jokes but not liberal comments?

OJP

Casting_Fool
Casting_Fool 01/11/12 - 10:03 am
Here's the video:

Here's the video: http://sheya.com/2012/01/02/liberal-alan-colmes-attacks-rick-santorum-fo...

Having lost three children before they were born (at one month, 7 months and eight months into my wife's pregnancies), I can tell you that Colmes was way out of line. It's no one else's business how you handle the loss of a child.

Granted, he did later apologize to the Santorum's, but he should not have said it in the first place.

bjphysics
bjphysics 01/11/12 - 10:10 am
“Folks need to keep in mind

“Folks need to keep in mind that liberal heroes include mao and hitler.
They would vote for charles manson if he was running as a democrat.”

- copperhead, Augusta Chronicle, 01-11-12

Chillen
Chillen 01/11/12 - 10:14 am
Hard core liberals are in

Hard core liberals are in general very hateful individuals. I guess when you have to spend your entire day and life defending positions that are indefensible, it makes you angry or something.

Techfan
Techfan 01/11/12 - 10:20 am
Correct OJB. Many of the

Correct OJB. Many of the "hateful" comments the right brings up are from comedians, however. when theirs come from politicians and political commentators, they rule them as jokes. "They should kill the President and should bomb a building". Great humor there.

Techfan
Techfan 01/11/12 - 10:54 am
Don't forget the guy from

Don't forget the guy from Waco, Ga that said he wouldn't hire anyone while Obama was President. Of course, once he was disccovered for being in hate groups and a violent militia movement, he scrubbed his Facebook pages (except many folks did a screen capture before he did it):http://ja-jp.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.322279324464252.95665.108038612554992&type=3

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 01/11/12 - 10:57 am
I have never met a happy

I have never met a happy liberal.....

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/11/12 - 11:17 am
"I have never met a happy

"I have never met a happy liberal.....", I've never seen a happy conservative. I guess you can't be either to be happy. I'm happy!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/11/12 - 11:27 am
When we continue to disregard

When we continue to disregard God and His Word; He hands us over to our own depravity. And that is a terrible and hopeless place to be.

Jake
Jake 01/11/12 - 11:56 am
Another letter about "Johnny

Another letter about "Johnny called me a name, waaah!" which has as much relevance to what is important for our country as playground gossip. It doesn't matter what your political views are, if you are a public figure then folks are going to say things about you that may be mean and untrue. The strong ones learn to adapt and move on.
BTW, I am comfortable in my depravity.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/11/12 - 12:25 pm
OJP, frankly, I don't let

OJP, frankly, I don't let Bill Maher and his kind bother me too much. The thing for me is if one side is going to do it, then why not the other? So if we agree both sides are only joking, fine and dandy. All the mean commets about conservatives shouldn't be taken seriously I guess you mean. We can just laugh and say they are just joking. Heh, heh, heh.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/11/12 - 01:04 pm
Yes, that's precisely the

Yes, that's precisely the point, Jake, left alone with no sense of awareness...

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/11/12 - 01:29 pm
See what politics does to

See what politics does to otherwise normally nice peeps? Ever wonder why I call myself an "independant," now, ya know! Politics is the dirtiest game in history, and unfortunately, we made it that way!

drivenslow
drivenslow 01/11/12 - 02:14 pm
i wish we would have bombed

i wish we would have bombed even more buildings.....bill ayers weather underground and mentor to obama...and current college professor