Pay attention while driving

Two safety tips that may just save a life:

• Your turn signal should be on before your foot hits the brake. Remember, the turn signal is not for you – it’s for everyone trying to avoid hitting you. For all the trophy wives in their monster SUVs, the turn signal does not actually make the front wheels turn. Really.

• Put down the cell phone and pay attention! It would be a shame for the last thing to go through your head to be a cement truck that could not stop as you rolled mindlessly through a side-street stop sign while talking on your cell.

Driving is not a spectator sport. Drive to stay alive.

Paul Mallon

Evans

omnomnom
omnomnom 01/02/12 - 12:31 am
this message goes double for

this message goes double for members of RCSO, unless Strength just hasnt been able to afford turn signals for the past 12 years

Cirroc2012
Cirroc2012 01/02/12 - 10:36 am
I really don't think people

I really don't think people here in Augusta know where to find this gadget.

Insider Information
Insider Information 01/02/12 - 10:45 am
There's an app for that. My

There's an app for that.

My turn signal only works when in used in conjunction with my cell phone.

I text "turn" and the signal turns on.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 01/02/12 - 11:25 am
I have never had a "trophy

I have never had a "trophy wife" pass me doing 90 so they can slam on the brakes and turn...I have also never had a "trophy wife" ride me so close I can't even see the front of their cars or trucks. Men are way more aggressive drivers than women.

bailmeout4
bailmeout4 01/02/12 - 12:42 pm
haha, trophy wives in SUV's,

haha, trophy wives in SUV's, I know exactly what you are talking about, however, the worst demographic by far are teenaged girls trying to text, apply make up, sing-along to the radio, and then comes the teenaged boy who thinks he knows how to handle a car at fast speeds because he is a guy. The best present you can give to your new teenaged driver besides the shiny new car and standard driving lessons is a defensive driving course which can teach a new driver the capabilities and limits of a vehicle.

MTBer
MTBer 01/02/12 - 07:10 pm
I have no problem with

I have no problem with flicking my turn signal on well before my intentional turn, but if you are under my bumper before I arrive at my designated turn,
then you may need to test your ABS capabilities...

Disc golf tournament benefits Augusta charity

APPLING — When Paul Childs runs a disc golf tournament, he wants it to mean something for the rest of the community. Childs he found a cause worth supporting: the Ronald McDonald House Charities.