Support GOP women's club

As president of the Greater Columbia County Republican Women’s Club, I would like to invite all of you to become a part of Georgia’s third-largest women’s group – and, in so doing, becoming a better-informed citizen empowered with knowledge, and making many new friends.

Our first two objectives are to “promote an informed electorate through political education and activity,” and to “increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government through active political participation.” We have many men and people not of voting age who have become associate members. An associate member may not vote at our meetings or be an officer, but may participate in all of our activities and receive our email alerts and updates.

We meet on the second Thursday of each month for a buffet-style meal at a local establishment that really does put out a delicious spread. Each month we have at least one guest speaker, and we always have a great time with great people. We would love to have you join us. Most of our guest speakers are elected officials who represent all or part of Columbia County, and our meetings present the opportunity to address your questions and concerns.

If you want to attend one of our meetings before you join, please do so, and please visit www.gccrw.org for more information.

Linda Parnell

Evans

Taylor B
Taylor B 11/20/11 - 12:52 am
Wow, if I knew this, I would

Wow, if I knew this, I would be putting Libertarian Party of the CSRA announcements on the Chronicle. Didnt know this was a GOP bulletin board....

Techfan
Techfan 11/20/11 - 09:16 am
So, the AC just set a

So, the AC just set a precedent for free political advertising in the LTE section. I'm sure all we be treated equally.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/20/11 - 09:43 am
You have to pay to play.

You have to pay to play.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/11 - 09:44 am
Great...we need more women in

Great...we need more women in politics..:)

fd1962
fd1962 11/20/11 - 09:48 am
It's simple, bj. User must

It's simple, bj. User must pass the Chronicle Political Smell Test number one, and secondly, must pay the ordained subscription tribute for posts to appear. It's the American Way now.

bjphysics
bjphysics 11/20/11 - 09:56 am
I thought the “post a

I thought the “post a comment” box doesn’t even appear if you’re not logged in and you can’t login without a subscription. When I logout, the box disappears; I just double checked to make sure and that is what happens.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/20/11 - 09:59 am
It's a flaw. You can still

It's a flaw. You can still log in without paying and post, but you only get the set number of "visits" and your post don't show under the subject article.

Jane18
Jane18 11/20/11 - 11:54 am
As always, look at the

As always, look at the commenters who are whining and moaning most...............

harley_52
harley_52 11/20/11 - 12:50 pm
Mrs. Harley informs me the

Mrs. Harley informs me the Richmond County group meets the 3rd Monday of each month for lunch and a similar agenda. She says the meetings are very informative and enjoyable.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/20/11 - 02:29 pm
Oh good grief!! As if we

Oh good grief!! As if we don't hear once a month from the Richmond County Dem party chairman Lowell Greenbaum. Seems it is about time to here from the Republicans around here. I've never read the GOP chairman letters???????

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/20/11 - 02:38 pm
Well I like the online

Well I like the online version but my wife insists on the hard copy which we have received for years. She won't let me add a minimal charge for the online version so I keep in stealth mode. Frustratin' as for years the online version was free and I used to be a regular poster. I took a hiatus but returned to find the charge. Hopefully I'll win the battle and be able to legitmately post more frequently-I'm arguing ta drop the hard and go with the online version. Well perhaps I shouldn't hold my breath as I've yet to win an argument the last few decades. Jeez.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/20/11 - 02:41 pm
Well If I can't win this

Well If I can't win this battle maybe I can talk the paper into letting me write for them for free-Call it Bizzaro's Corner. Afterall I have cornered the Bizarre market and the orginal was a whole heap of fun.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 11/20/11 - 03:48 pm
Sounds like Mrs. Harley is a

Sounds like Mrs. Harley is a conservative also. That's good. I can't imagine being married to a liberal.My deceased wife and my present wife were giving quizzes before I asked for their hand in marriage.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 11/20/11 - 04:15 pm
Bizkit, Sounds like your

Bizkit, Sounds like your better half has you on a short leash.

Cadence
Cadence 11/20/11 - 04:28 pm
So, where and when does the

So, where and when does the Libertarian party meet? Have you written a letter to the editor saying so? I might like to visit it.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 11/20/11 - 04:36 pm
Retired Army says, Here it is

Retired Army says, Here it is , bj

Good question from bjphysics. I don't freeload as one commentor suggested others should do. I not only subscribe to the Comical's dead tree edition(7 days a week mind you), but I also pay the $2.95 per month pay to play fee.

If I am not being treated fairly, I haven't been made arware of it until now.

But then again given my sometimes virulent opposition to much of what the ACES offers up as thoughtful commentary, I can see why they would seem to censor me. Hell, as a human being who actually takes the time to think, I can see how the truth is a scary thing to Mr. Ryan et. al.

Sean, do you have an answer?

harley_52
harley_52 11/20/11 - 05:03 pm
scoobydoisback said "If I am

scoobydoisback said "If I am not being treated fairly, I haven't been made arware of it until now."

I pay for both as well. I started paying for the online version because I received several warnings of being cut off if I didn't pay up.

I tried to talk Mrs. Harley into dropping the print version, but she reminded me who was in charge.

Carleton Duvall
Carleton Duvall 11/20/11 - 05:30 pm
Actually, Harley, that was a

Actually, Harley, that was a comment made by Retired Army that I copied and pasted. However, it seems that we may all be in the same boat in that we all know who is in charge in our households.

harley_52
harley_52 11/20/11 - 05:30 pm
Does anybody know where one

Does anybody know where one can find an organizational chart depicting the the structure of the City government?

harley_52
harley_52 11/20/11 - 05:31 pm
Okay, thanks, scoobydo.

Okay, thanks, scoobydo.

Techfan
Techfan 11/20/11 - 08:13 pm
Biz: the LTE section is used

Biz: the LTE section is used for people to express their opinions. Lowell is free to do that as is anyone else. There is a big difference between expressing an opinion and advertising. I wonder if the AC would allow businesses to use the LTE section to advertise their sales of the week?

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/20/11 - 11:33 pm
Well there is a

Well there is a difference-I'll give you that. But I still don't have a problems as long as a Dem or Libertarian, etc. would have equal access. It seems the local paper is a place to advertise events-even political affiliated ones. It is targeting just women although GOP ones. While the paper leanings maybe obvious I don't think this is some foul. Maybe I should send in a mock advertisment inviting women to the SocialistDemocraticParty 99% group and see if they give them equal opportunity-well maybe they don't really need it if they are already 99%. Hmmmmm.Perhaps Socialist Democratic Femme Nazi Skinhead sensitivity group to really test their cultural competence.