Cain lacking credibility

I can now tell when Herman Cain is lying. His lips are moving.

In the “he said, they said” debacle, it is clear Cain cannot handle adversity. The recent verbal attacks Cain and his supporters have launched against his victims, of what appears more akin to sexual assault than harassment, makes it less likely women will report such actions. He hopes to shut up the other women. Herman Cain wears the accusations as a badge of honor on the talk shows.

Cain claimed there probably are 1,000 women who could vouch for his character and integrity for each accuser. As of this writing, only his wife has come forward to say Cain would not ever do such a thing. In piecing together various reports from a half-dozen people – four victims and two witnesses – it is apparent Cain is a serial skirt-chaser.

The upside to all of this is the irony that white conservative males believe a black man over the accusations of multiple white women. Atticus Finch would have been so proud. The idea that Democrats are behind trying to bring down the one man they are certain Obama can beat makes Cain’s accusations a fantasy.

Cain’s checkered past, as well as his lack of knowledge on any given topic outside of pizza toppings, will make him unable to beat Obama. He has lost the middle and the women’s vote.

The Republican Party needs someone able to beat Obama. Cain is not able.

Michael Ledo

Windsor, S.C.

painfully honest
painfully honest 11/15/11 - 12:32 am
Palin, Trump, Bachman, Perry,

Palin, Trump, Bachman, Perry, Cain, Romney, and now Gingrich. How many "front runners" will the Republican party have? I predicted months ago that the Republican party would find a reson to NOT have Cain as their presidential candidate. I absolutely despise the guy but I think the republicans are a little fickle when it come to them backing someone. Is it possible that it is so easy to stop supporting these candidates because there was really no reason to support them in the first place? And No I am not a democrat, I am an independent.

I guess its like football, "Whoever has the ball last will win."

Vito45
Vito45 11/15/11 - 12:40 am
That is a political thing,

That is a political thing, not a Republican thing. How many lead changes did the Dems have before Obama won the primary. This is why the Presidential election is just a beauty contest. Whoever talks the best game and is the more sexy will win it. Yes, Americans ARE just that stupid.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/15/11 - 02:04 am
You're right Vito. Steven

You're right Vito.
Steven Tyler has a better chance of beating Obama than the candidates we have now.
I think Ron Paul is the best candidate but we'll never get the chance to see him accept the nomination. He's too un rock starish.
Cain has a 0-0-0 chance of winning the nomination. People like him now but when it comes time for the nomination I'm sure it will be Romney and he will never beat Obama. I guess we're stuck with him for 4 more years.
Thank God for term limits!

LocalLawyer
LocalLawyer 11/15/11 - 02:18 am
I agree Vito. But even before

I agree Vito. But even before this scandal, Cain struck me as ordinarily intelligent. Nothing presidential about him. I think Romney would be the best choice for a victory in a center-right country with an awful economy. But look at Newt! He is easily the smartest one, and making a comeback similar to McCain in 08 who was in last place till the end.@painfullyhonest, look at history and you will see this is how the process works. It isn't anything unique to 2012.

Iwannakno
Iwannakno 11/15/11 - 03:51 am
Wow after this letter and his

Wow after this letter and his descriptions of Bill...uh I mean Cain he should change parties. He sure does sound like a democrat. Republicans are much better at hiding their skirt chasing..or foot tapping bathroom trips!

carcraft
carcraft 11/15/11 - 04:43 am
Let’s see, Cain worked in

Let’s see, Cain worked in rocket science because his degree is in mathmatics, Turned around two failing business organizations, (Hardies in Philli and God Father's Pizza) and sat on the board of Federal Reserve Bank. No Local Lawyer I don't think ordinary intelligent describes Herman Cain. Here is a video where Cain debates Bill Clinton on health care! Extraordinary! http://kfyo.com/herman-cain-debates-president-bill-clinton-video/

carcraft
carcraft 11/15/11 - 04:52 am
Cain has had two accusers

Cain has had two accusers come forward, Clinton had Several and even had a squad to handle Bimbo eruptions! Paula Jones had filed her sexual harassment law suit and the Democrats had no trouble electing Clinton to a second term! LOL why all the moral hurrumphing now among the Democrats, they still revere the exskirt chaser in chief..LOL Both these ladies are flakey and the left has brought out women who say they flelt Cain was creepey! Won't say how I feel about people who voted for Obama but among the many intelligent people I work with many now admit they were wrong to vote for him!

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/15/11 - 05:51 am
I'll bet Ron Paul will never

I'll bet Ron Paul will never be accused of sexual harassment. Heh.

RunningMan
RunningMan 11/15/11 - 06:59 am
Carcraft, probably the same

Carcraft, probably the same can be said for the folks that voted for McCain and Palin in the last election as well. He has lost supporters, but has gain some also. The problem with many republicans is they have always claimed to be the party of family values. With this group of candidates, I guess we are seeing the best they can offer.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 11/15/11 - 07:05 am
You shouldn't need the sexual

You shouldn't need the sexual harassment allegations to observe that Cain is yet another GOP candidate whose ignorance is exceeded only by his arrogance. None of them need to have any influence over policy.

KSL
KSL 11/15/11 - 07:22 am
Right, Craig. Cain is not in

Right, Craig. Cain is not in the league with Bill Clinton.

KSL
KSL 11/15/11 - 07:23 am
Ohhhh. The comment I was

Ohhhh. The comment I was responding to has disappeared. Why??

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 11/15/11 - 07:30 am
what a bunch of

what a bunch of garbage...whether you agree with cain or not..this is a outrage...over decades as a successful business man ...we now have the politics of personal destruction without any crediable evidence...only presented in the court of public opinion to cast doubts on a man of integrity. why not it a court where you can present evidence and be cross-examined?????? why dont we just ask each male candidate have you stopped beating your wife...and if all office talk was taken seriously we would all be sued . male and female. sexual harrassment is a crime but our society is to lawyer happy, we need to sit back and grow up ..lester look at your messiah obumler talk about incompentance and arrogrance..never seen anything like this idiot in all my life...

KSL
KSL 11/15/11 - 07:33 am
Definitely, nofan. All right

Definitely, nofan. All right out of the Alinsky playbook.

southernguy08
southernguy08 11/15/11 - 08:14 am
Mike, have you seen the

Mike, have you seen the latest polls? Things continue like this, Obama will be beaten by Ronald Reagan.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/15/11 - 08:20 am
Riverman that was hilarious!

Riverman that was hilarious! Can you see Ron Paul sexually harrasing someone?
"Come on baby let's play doctor!"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/15/11 - 08:25 am
"Cain lacking

"Cain lacking credibility"
How can anybody ever say that? Cain has more credibility in his left big toe than our King SMCICBHO has in his entire life.

stillamazed
stillamazed 11/15/11 - 08:28 am
The problem is that people

The problem is that people are way to sensitive and we all have to be so politically correct. It doesn't take much for someone to claim sexual abuse, we have all had those classes at work so we know hoe easy it is. I happen to be a southern girl, I am a touchy type of person and I have to be very careful at work because someone may take offense. Personally I don't give any credit to any of these women, I think they have issues....I am not saying I am a Cain fan but I do believe that it is all a smear campaign against him. Both sides have been guilty of doing it in the past and it will continue and it is up to the public to use some common sense and not buy into everything they hear on the news.

curly123053
curly123053 11/15/11 - 08:31 am
It don't matter who's at or

It don't matter who's at or near the top of the Republican presidential race, if the mainstream lamestream media fears that candidate can defeat their chosen Messiah things like this will come out of the woodwork! The mainstream lamestream media will post positive stories and comments towards the Republican candidates they feel their Messiah can defeat in November 2012. Then after a Republican nominee is selected you can be sure the mainstream lamestream medias of CBS and our local WRDW, ABC and our local WJBF, NBC and our local WAGT, will be joining forces with all the other liberal stations to manipulate and try to guide the voters to Obama. And the saddest part of it all is that Americans will choose to believe everything they hear from the lamestream mainstream media.

hounddog
hounddog 11/15/11 - 08:50 am
painfully honest, ‘And No I

painfully honest, ‘And No I am not a democrat, I am an independent.’
HA, HA I have some ocean front property in AZ real cheap for sell, HA, HA

Granddaddy John
Granddaddy John 11/15/11 - 08:51 am
Put Gingrich against Odumber

Put Gingrich against Odumber and he will make him look like the fool he is.

mtxbass1
mtxbass1 11/15/11 - 08:56 am
Can a Cain supporter please

Can a Cain supporter please tell me how you can still support him after his stumbling on Libya yesterday? This was hardly a case of the "mainstream lamestream medias" trying to play gotcha with him. He flat out could not answer a softball question in which the reporter practically gave him help with. Can a Cain supporter also tell me how you can support his answers on collective bargaining after yesterday?

TParty
TParty 11/15/11 - 09:13 am
Sexual harassment is the

Sexual harassment is the easiest accusation to make, and most difficult to prove innocence. I don't know Cain personally, but I know it doesn't bode well for him to call Nancy Pelosi 'Princess' on national tv during a debate- not when he is defending dog like woman chasing behavior.

Cain will not be president, or be even close to getting the nomination.

Others mentioned Ron Paul has never been accused, nor has Jon Huntsman!!

Jon Hunstman for President.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/15/11 - 09:23 am
We get it, mtxbass1. You are

We get it, mtxbass1. You are a liberal Democrat and you do not like the conservative policies espoused by Herman Cain.

mtxbass1
mtxbass1 11/15/11 - 09:28 am
LOL. Little Lamb, you know

LOL. Little Lamb, you know nothing about me. For the record, I'm a registered Republican.

Why is your first response back to me calling me a "Liberal Democrat" instead of answering what I posted to begin with (if you are in fact a Cain supporter)?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/15/11 - 09:27 am
LocalLawyer wrote: Newt . . .

LocalLawyer wrote:

Newt . . . is easily the smartest one, and making a comeback similar to McCain in ’08 who was in last place till the end.

If Newt does indeed pull off a comeback and secure the nomination as did McCain in ’08, then we will see Newt lose the general election as did McCain in ’08.

The American people will not abide a white-haired fossil with a beautiful trophy wife as their president.

TParty
TParty 11/15/11 - 09:31 am
I had no idea what you were

I had no idea what you were talking about mtxvass1, so I looked it up. That was cringe worthy. When he was stumbling at the beginning, I expected him to ask "Could you use Libya in a sentence, please?" The reporter gave Cain a broad opportunity to agree or disagree with anything Libya related. Cain's eventual answer amounts to "I don't agree or disagree with Obama because I don't have CIA facts, but if I knew what Obama knew, I'd definitely handled it better" which is a pretty absurd non-answer...

And that's me being extremely generous because I feel bad for the guy not remembering what his handlers told him to say if Libya came up.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/15/11 - 09:31 am
What state do you live in,

What state do you live in, mtxbass1? Here in Georgia and in South Carolina there is no system for party affiliation when we register to vote as there is in many other states. Here we do not "register" by party.

But, your statement is noted and accepted. We get it. You are a Republican who does not like the conservative policies espoused by Herman Cain.

mtxbass1
mtxbass1 11/15/11 - 09:35 am
I live right here in Augusta,

I live right here in Augusta, Little Lamb. I am asking Herman Cain supporters why they still support him after his responses yesterday. I have not stated my opinion on him or his "conservative policies", and yet, you continue to paint ME as the one who has an issue with Herman Cain.

effete elitist liberal
effete elitist liberal 11/15/11 - 09:36 am
LL: your response to mtx...

LL: your response to mtx... was laughable: mxt's criticism of Cain's "stumble" over the Libya question should be dismissed because she may be a liberal Democrat? Does mxt's political orientation change the facts of Cain's response? Watch the clip (unless you believe the "lame-stream" media doctored it), and please tell us what you see. I see a pathetically uninformed man struggling with a question about a topic which recently was the focus of the world for weeks and clearly having NO IDEA about how to answer it. Cain basically twists in the wind. The man has nothing more than a flashy smile and a quick quip. He is substanceless. I listened to him for several years as substitute host on Neal Boortz. He's a fool. You conservatives who support him will be be very sorry if he is the Republican candidate. He would absolutely guarantee four more years for Obama, not even close. Here's another question for you: why should the liberal media try to "destroy" a candidate whose nomination would insure another Obama term????