Who considers Bible God?

Lt. Col. Mark Thompson’s remarks in his Oct. 29 column (“Too many people turn Bible into God”) require, if not demand, a response.

First, I have never heard or known of anyone, religious or otherwise, who refers to the Bible as God. It could be that some atheistic mind that objects to Bible lovers may imagine that the Bible is considered to be God, but that is very unrealistic. I think little Sunday school children know that the Bible is not God!

On the other hand, the Bible stands alone. We do not have the right to pick and choose the parts we like and ignore the parts we don’t like. It is because the men of the cloth have wrongly divided the word of God and presented a social gospel that humanity does not know – right from wrong, good from evil and God from Satan.

Lt. Col. Thompson’s submitting that we should not worry about heaven or hell was not necessary. One can easy tell from the crime, corruption, lying, cheating and sinful behavior that our society is not worried at all about heaven and hell. Maybe we need to hear more about it from the pulpit. It is in the Bible!

Also, his use of the verses of Scripture saying everyone will someday kneel before Christ is true. The only difference is, some will not like to do so.

Gil Ward

Evans

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/11 - 12:27 pm
Willow, you are part right

Willow, you are part right when you say a person who does not believe they are sick or in pain is not looking for a physician, but I believe they are looking for relief of discomfort whether they believe they are sick or not. As Christians our influence on other's lives will be determine by the fruit that we bear. We do not need to invest a lot of time to be kind to a nonbeliever or to help someone in need. We do not need to invest a lot of time to show someone God's love through a kind word in passing. These things will prick their heart and it is as you said, through the power and movement of the Holy Spirit that person will become receptive of hearing the Word. When Peter, Paul, Timothy, and others spoke to multitudes, they lead others to Christ through the message and leading of the Holy Spirit. They did not form personal relationships with all those they lead to Christ. Am I misunderstanding your thoughts? If so, I apologize.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/08/11 - 12:39 pm
Well a huge problem for

Well a huge problem for Chrisitianity is that its proponents are to be separate from the pagans. However, divorce, adultery, fornication, even gluttony is a problem (as Christians are more likely to be over weight according to a recent study), and no different statistically from the rest of the population. Unfortunately people grade the religion by its adherants-just like Islam. What the religion says and what people do are completely different. Even the best intentions and deeds are rags before God if not done through Christ and the Holy Spirit. It is not our actions but it is our heart that God judges=note David was a murderer and adulterer yet the apple of God's eye.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/08/11 - 01:05 pm
ICL.." I believe they are

ICL.." I believe they are looking for relief of discomfort whether they believe they are sick or not."

ABSOLUTELY, but WHERE and WHAT they seek relief in -- drives them further from Christ and into bondage. That's where the relationship comes in. They need others to walk with them, while they exhaust all other, and when they come to the end of themselves and are desperate, they are open and ready.

ICL ..."When Peter, Paul, Timothy, and others spoke to multitudes, they lead others to Christ through the message and leading of the Holy Spirit. They did not form personal relationships with all those they lead to Christ."

I think they didn't AND they did. The didn't first...It's true that The Gospel is preached from the pulpit and many came/come forward... so it is true they were saved without that personal relationship. But with Paul, what happened afterward? Did Paul just move on and forget about the people? No, he visited, wrote letters, trained leaders, sat in on disputes, prayed for them, formed RELATIONSHIPS with them. No he couldn't get personal with everyone, he was human and limited in time and space, but he got REAL with enough of them that his efforts were multiplied reaching forward for generations and generations. It sets me on fire just thinking about it!

BTW, we are not all gifted to minister from the pulpit and do GREAT and mighty things towards the kingdom, but we all can do SOMETHING that matters to SOMEONE. We are all gifted, we just have to be willing and open, God will enable and lead and train.

What's happening in modern church? People come to the alter wanting to experience salvation and for a few days they FEEL better. But then they have no one to disciple them and they don't grow and multiple. And while they may be saved, they have no healing, still in captivity, living with no JOY here. So, who wants to be like them?

I tell you right now, we all need healing and freeing even if we are Christians... and that comes through Godly relationships. We get sick in wrong relations, and we get well in right relationships.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/11 - 01:04 pm
For the sinful nature desires

For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. Galations 5:17

Just as Paul said in Romans "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." We have a sinful nature and it goes against the spiritual nature. Christians are not perfect and never will be until we stand before God of Father. I will agree that unfortunately people (non-believers) grade or judge Christianity by the conduct of many who say they believe in Christ but still want to live by wordly standards. Therein lies most of the issues with any religion. Thankfully I serve a God who forgives me when I screw up even when I try so hard not to.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/08/11 - 01:07 pm
I disagree. Christianity is

I disagree. Christianity is all about relationships-with God, Christ, and Holy Spirit and with everyone else. The Bible is replete with stories about relationships-with Israel, people, etc. It is through our relationships that we witness-people notice a difference say when your house burns down and instead of whoa is me it is thank the Lord no one was hurt and all can be replaced. I remember a personal incidence that struck me-at first I thought the lady had lost her mind but upon reflection I envied her stealth.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/08/11 - 01:13 pm
Does anybody get this

Does anybody get this relationship thing? Am I having a moment here all by myself?

I thank God for the relationships in my life. For those Christians that were willing to get HONEST and confess the same sins that I was struggling with. To identify with me, walk with me, love me, model Jesus in a pair of blue jeans to me, until Christ could be more fully formed in my heart and not just my head!!!

Now I can walk with others, in complete freedom. I can love them like God has commanded me to, because it isn't up to me to change them.
I can sit with people as they cry in their pain, and say, I know what you are talking about, but everything will be alright with Jesus. And I KNOW I am telling the truth, because I have lived it.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/11 - 01:16 pm
Willow, I did misunderstand

Willow, I did misunderstand what you were trying to say and I do apologize. I thought you were saying the only way to lead someone to Christ was through a personal relationship with that person. I agree, our churches are failing to disciple new Christians how to grow in Christ. The point I so poorly made was that some of us are to plant the seed, some of us are the sowers.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/11 - 01:21 pm
Willow, the personal

Willow, the personal relationship comes after the person accepts Christ and you mentor that person through your experiences and that I agree with. I thank God for the Godly relationships I have in my life also, but they did not form until after I accepted Christ and those individuals took me under their wing and helped me grow.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/08/11 - 01:32 pm
ICL, thank you. I know that

ICL, thank you. I know that God doesn't call us all to the same things. I appreciate in you, your desire for His Word, your understanding and recall of it and your willingness to disagree if necessary. We each are a part, but together In Christ, we become whole:)

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/08/11 - 01:53 pm
ICL, re your 12:21. Two types

ICL, re your 12:21. Two types of relationships: 1) Others relationships to me (where I personally seek Godly role models to walk with me) & 2) My relationship to others (where I am open and available to walking with and mentoring to them)

Sometimes, my relationships are with people after they have come to Christ, but many, many times, the relationship is formed prior to their accepting Christ, realizing that some may never come to Christ in my lifetime. I don't worry about it. I've learned to love others where they are and leave the results to Christ. It took me years, because I wanted to fix everyone. God used relationships in my life to cure me of it. I thought it would KILL ME, instead it HEALED ME. God is my champion, my hero.

I love giving my personal testimony in women's groups. If you ever have the opportuniity, invite me to a group at your church. I'll get real with them.

P.S. They may never invite me back, but they will never forget it.

allhans
allhans 11/08/11 - 01:54 pm
The Old Testament relates to

The Old Testament relates to a time when there was no law.
The Pharaohs, etc controlled their lands and their people. The rules were whatever that leader determined.
When Jesus came, HE brought to us the Ten Commandments known by Christians as "The Law"

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/11 - 02:09 pm
Willow, I believe this is

Willow, I believe this is where we were both heading, just coming in from different angles. (12:53p) I suppose the confusion comes from our different term of the word "relationship". I'm sure our ladies would love to hear you speak and don't offend easy. We'd expect nothing but real and I'm sure you would be a blessing.

TParty
TParty 11/08/11 - 03:17 pm
Allhans- Who brought the Ten

Allhans-

Who brought the Ten Commandments? I'll give you a hint, it's in the book Exodus.

I read this on Conservapedia just now. "Muslims also use circular logic to defend the Qur'an. They argue that the Qur'an is true because it is the Word of Allah, that it is the Word of Allah because it says so, and that we can rely on it because it is true. This is completely different from why the Bible is true."

Crime Reports and Rewards TV
Crime Reports and Rewards TV 11/08/11 - 03:45 pm
Hey Rad; It's flipa'. Love it

Hey Rad; It's flipa'. Love it or hate it and we know how you feel about it, the Bible is the only book that fortold all science & what was going to happen thousands of years before it happened. So no matter how you feel about it if you want to know what's going to happen next... it's in there:o)
Good to hear from you again Rad. Since we blogged last over 400,000 of the worlds best scientist finally had to admit that earth has never been proven ancient enough for evolution to work, even if it could. Now they are coming from all over the world & paying big bucks to hear me speak at Rock Eagle Jan 27th which will be coming to a TV station soon near you. Hope you get to make it, i'll even give you my autograph:o)

Jane18
Jane18 11/08/11 - 05:05 pm
I usually agree with much of

I usually agree with much of what ICL says. but, I need to correct you on one thing. We(people that love and believe in GOD), are the seed. GOD/JESUS is The Sower.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/11 - 05:46 pm
Jane18, you are correct in

Jane18, you are correct in the aspect that God is the Sower because it is only through Him that we can come to Him but I believe Jesus clearly states in verse 11 that the seed is the Word of God which we are commanded to spread.

Luke 8: 9)And when his disciples asked him what this parable meant, 10)He said, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God, but for others they are in parables, so that 'seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand.' 11)Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12)The ones along the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13)And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away. 14)And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature. 15)As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

allhans
allhans 11/08/11 - 06:06 pm
ICl.. and Willow, Thank you.

ICl.. and Willow, Thank you. So often we need reminding.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/11 - 06:57 pm
Yes allhans, each day is a

Yes allhans, each day is a journey. Have a blessed evening.

iLove
iLove 11/08/11 - 07:08 pm
ICL, i understand. May I ask

ICL, i understand. May I ask you, WHICH VERSION of the Bible is truth?
Which version is deception?

Satan = deception? True, but, in order to be deceived, imo, you have to be told SOME truth mixed with lies.

Also, HOW AND WHY are there SIMILAR stories of Noah and other "Bibical" stories present BEFORE the bible was created?

Yet, the Bible is the ABSOLUTE truth...how can this be?

iLove
iLove 11/08/11 - 07:10 pm
...and I am NOT trying to

...and I am NOT trying to start an argument. . . .I actually enjoy reading yours and Willow's posts about religion. Willow's have helped me with my walk with God. Who knew right?!?!?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/08/11 - 07:31 pm
And Ilove, I love you for

And Ilove, I love you for encouraging me. I need it. You've taught me a powerful lesson today.

I get your statement about deception, too. The Deceiver mixes just enough truth with a lie to make it BELIEVABLE and ATTRACTIVE. That is the power of Satan. He appears fun, and pretty telling us God is holding out on us and that He's a fun sucker and walking with Him means giving up living. Lies.

And you and I can walk together in person. If you ever decide to, send me an email.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 11/08/11 - 08:31 pm
I am not a religious person.

I am not a religious person. I don't foist my beliefs, or lack thereof, on anyone. A belief in God is perfectly fine. God does not believe in eradicating "infidels" as some religions would have one practice. If you haven't the self-discipline to conduct yourself in a manner that is an asset to society, move to china, afghanistan, pakistan, iran, venezuala, cuba, california, boston, new york or washington. Have a wonderful day!

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/08/11 - 09:45 pm
Wrong Radwaste. Human are

Wrong Radwaste. Human are more alike than any species on the planet. There is more genetic differences within a given "race" than between races. So you do more research. Now there are small variations that may account for health disparities, and some genetic differences between populations with certain dietary enzymes. But the general consensus amongst biologist is there are no biological races-just ethnicities (science isn't in the "proof" business, at best we have consensus-that doesn't mean it is correct). That is the reason why the topic of Race and Intelligence is a false science, because there are no races so the differences in intelligence are moot. Now after saying that-I agree there is always variation-even monozygotic twins display single-nucleotide polymorphisms and differences in gene copy number. Further, there is markers for various populations-asian, etc. This variation is what evolution acts upon. But I'll ask a Wikipedia friend who is genetist if this is still true about the concept of races-science changes fast these days.

Tots
Tots 11/09/11 - 11:24 am
I would like to thank

I would like to thank everyone for their comments on this article,very good reading ..Many thanks to ICL and Willow Bailey...Have a blessed day..