I just don't believe in Obama anymore

I always considered myself a Democrat until recently. Not a far-left Democrat, but one who’s more middle-of-the-road.

The older I get (some might say I’ve become wiser), the less I can figure out my party anymore. I never voted straight-ticket. I always voted for whom I thought would be the best candidate.

Now for the kicker.

I was excited that Barack Obama was elected. He had plenty of energy, seemed very intelligent and seemed to have some good ideas to help our country. The only problem is that he broke 95 percent of his campaign promises – maybe more. Now I won’t stand for that, and he has lost my vote in 2012.

His Obamacare is so riddled with inconsistencies that I don’t think there is a person on the planet who actually understands it.

Also there’s the wasting of money on things that don’t matter. Meanwhile, many folks are out of work, and I can’t believe the executive and legislative branches of government are getting absolutely nothing done for ordinary Americans.

It’s time to make the federal government as small as possible and make sure they know to stay out of our lives. I say let each state run its government to the best of its ability.

I’m pro-life, anti-gun and not very religious – but I am an American who is tired of the same old song and dance being played in Washington. I’m not so sure whom I’ll vote for next year, but you can bet it won’t be Obama.

I pulled for the man, told others to give him time and even stood up for him. Well, Mr. President, I’m sorry to say that I just don’t believe in you anymore.

justthefacts
20367
justthefacts 10/05/11 - 12:54 pm
"Black Americans" will vote

"Black Americans" will vote for the Democrat. Apparently, it's worked well for them.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/05/11 - 01:08 pm
You know, here in Georgia and

You know, here in Georgia and South Carolina we have "open" political primary elections. This is true of many other states as well. We do not "register" as a particular party. You can walk into a polling place on primary election day and ask for either ballot, Democrat or Republican. So, on presidential primary day, where the only contest is for president, what is a Democrat to do? Obama will have no opposition.

Wouldn't it be smart for the Democrats to ask for a Republican ballot and try to play the spoiler? Wouldn't they want to vote en masse for the most outrageous of the candidates, the one likely to be the easiest target for Obama to beat in November?

Who would that be?

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/05/11 - 01:09 pm
To all the black voters on

To all the black voters on here....

Do you want a change that will really work....become independent voters & not a given to the Democratic party...they (both) parties would jump through hoops just to get your vote....as it is now the Democrats just take it as a "given" even Obama scolds the voters....Herman Cain is a businessman & he knows this.....You want more money/jobs/higherpayscales.....stop being sooo dang predictable...
just my 2cents .

justthefacts
20367
justthefacts 10/05/11 - 01:12 pm
mr. cohen, excuse my

mr. cohen, excuse my curiosity, but who did you vote for 80? BTW, along the lines of the Republicans holding up the President's Agenda, why won't Harry Reid allow the senate to vote on the job's bill?

kmb413
kmb413 10/05/11 - 01:26 pm
"I saw how vehemently opposed

"I saw how vehemently opposed the "loyal" opposition were to everything he tried to accomplish. Some of that loyal opposition were... And are... Willing to tank the economy to further drive the administration down."

According to Techfan, Obama has delivered on his promises, so what are you talking about????

Granddaddy John
Granddaddy John 10/05/11 - 01:32 pm
For you that voted for the

For you that voted for the man in the white house in 2008 to prove you wasn't a racist,vote for someone different in 2012 to prove you are not an IDIOT.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 10/05/11 - 01:55 pm
Of course the loyal

Of course the loyal opposition was against everything he tried to accomplish. Allowing him to accomplish his goals means the ultimate downfall of this country. Did I want him to fail? Of course. Has nothing to do with what he looks like. It has everything to do with who he is. An avowed anti-capitalist with Marxist ideals. Not to mention totally inept and clearly out of his league.

swcohen
swcohen 10/05/11 - 01:57 pm
Justhefacts, in Nov of 1980 I

Justhefacts, in Nov of 1980 I was off doing important things out of the country and had to cast an absentee ballot. I agonized over the choices... I didn't like either of them. On the one hand, Carter was a smart, likeable guy who also happened to be a dismal failure as commander-in-chief.(Made Tricky Dick look pretty good, in retrospect.) On the other hand, there was a charismatic, also likeable guy who happened to sell out the Screen Actors Guild to Joe McCarthy and his zealots. My great aunt refused to submit, was blackballed, and didn't find any substantial acting work until the 1980s, very late in her career.

So, lots of personal baggage riding on that one. I hoped my aunt wouldn't ever find out (she didn't) and I cast my vote for the guy who starred in that film with a chimpanzee. I figured that credit alone would make him effective in dealing with congress.

My vote was probably never opened, but overall I thought it was a wise choice.

bjphysics
bjphysics 10/05/11 - 02:05 pm
@peace4784, recommend you

@peace4784, recommend you read this classic article:

“The Paranoid Style in American Politics”

Chillen
Chillen 10/05/11 - 02:15 pm
ispy. Wise black Americans

ispy. Wise black Americans will vote for Cain. The entitled & uneducated will vote obama.

justthefacts
20367
justthefacts 10/05/11 - 02:17 pm
swc, thanks for the response.

swc, thanks for the response. Funny, you couldn't bring yourself to say the name RR (:

Chillen
Chillen 10/05/11 - 02:30 pm
New 2012 Presidential

New 2012 Presidential Poll.

ANY Republican 47% Obama 41%

dougk
dougk 10/05/11 - 02:41 pm
plus/minus 3 percentage

plus/minus 3 percentage points. Still a statistical dead heat.

bjphysics
bjphysics 10/05/11 - 03:07 pm
Several factors are at play

Several factors are at play with the African-American vote:

1) Unemployment in this demographic is at +16%.
2) Obama support has dropped significantly in this group.
3) Anti-gay sentiment is high (always has been) in this demographic.

Identity politics is still a powerful motivator. If the Republicans put up a candidate with no racial baggage like Christie; they can then add Cain in the V.P. slot and give waffling African-Americans plenty of wiggle room and ammo to argue with Obama supporters at the local barber shop. Cain can play the gays-are-gonna-get-our-military-boys-card with his preacher credentials while he stomps for the ticket. This will split the African-American vote, just enough, to render it a wash in Southern states. Heck, it might even effect New York and New Jersey.

Set, game, match.

carcraft
carcraft 10/05/11 - 07:48 pm
Techfan-about your 6:09 am

Techfan-about your 6:09 am post, roll me a fatty on that one...Make Pakistan more responsive to terrorism for aid LOL. More forth coming on presidential documents, what a jjoke..Ask the folks that have requested documents about Solyndra and gun walker.. BWAHAHAHA..The list is sorta like keep unemployment below 8% Fail. Take Michelle to New York, done. Create more jobs with $800 billion fail. Party at White house with Michelle done. Close Gitmo Fail. Party more at White House with Michelle done. Vacation 3 or 4 times a year with Michelle done. What a joke..

School safety chief touts restructure

Last year, Alfonzo Williams announced that he would conduct a massive overhaul of the Richmond County School Safety department to cut down on inefficiencies and increase accountability.