I just don't believe in Obama anymore

I always considered myself a Democrat until recently. Not a far-left Democrat, but one who’s more middle-of-the-road.

The older I get (some might say I’ve become wiser), the less I can figure out my party anymore. I never voted straight-ticket. I always voted for whom I thought would be the best candidate.

Now for the kicker.

I was excited that Barack Obama was elected. He had plenty of energy, seemed very intelligent and seemed to have some good ideas to help our country. The only problem is that he broke 95 percent of his campaign promises – maybe more. Now I won’t stand for that, and he has lost my vote in 2012.

His Obamacare is so riddled with inconsistencies that I don’t think there is a person on the planet who actually understands it.

Also there’s the wasting of money on things that don’t matter. Meanwhile, many folks are out of work, and I can’t believe the executive and legislative branches of government are getting absolutely nothing done for ordinary Americans.

It’s time to make the federal government as small as possible and make sure they know to stay out of our lives. I say let each state run its government to the best of its ability.

I’m pro-life, anti-gun and not very religious – but I am an American who is tired of the same old song and dance being played in Washington. I’m not so sure whom I’ll vote for next year, but you can bet it won’t be Obama.

I pulled for the man, told others to give him time and even stood up for him. Well, Mr. President, I’m sorry to say that I just don’t believe in you anymore.

scoopdedoop64
scoopdedoop64 10/05/11 - 02:15 am
My father had voted democrat

My father had voted democrat for all of his life until the last election. He said that he could not vote for a man like Obama and so voted republican for the first time. He has passed on since the election but my father understood that the old democrat party has changed so much that it doesn't represent the people that it used to. Republicans are full of many problems also but still hold a platform that many of us see as foundational to the welfare of this country.

wtinney
wtinney 10/05/11 - 04:06 am
Obama has one up on the

Obama has one up on the author, though. Obama never believed in John Glover. Suckered once, shame on Obama... get suckered twice, shame on John Glover. :D

carcraft
carcraft 10/05/11 - 05:50 am
LOL, maybe Mr. Glover should

LOL, maybe Mr. Glover should have read some foreign news papers then he would have understood what Obama was about. American papers and press sure didn't vet Obma!

Techfan
Techfan 10/05/11 - 06:09 am
The Obameter Scorecard

The Obameter Scorecard
Promise Kept 147
Compromise 44
Promise Broken 49
Stalled 69
In the Works 197
Not yet rated 2

peace4784
peace4784 10/05/11 - 06:12 am
Mr. Glover's opinion is the

Mr. Glover's opinion is the result of all the white bigots, racists, republicans, conservatives, and religious hypocrits who opposed President Obama at every turn. They were not going to allow a black President to succeed no matter what. Even it it meant ruining the economy.

TrickMe
TrickMe 10/05/11 - 06:53 am
@peace4784. Ah, sure . . and

@peace4784. Ah, sure . . and that is why Herman Cain is taking over the lead at every turn. Honkies for Herman - I am one of them!

bjphysics
bjphysics 10/05/11 - 07:42 am
"Well, Mr. President, I’m

"Well, Mr. President, I’m sorry to say that I just don’t believe in you anymore."

Mr. Glover, You're not alone; however, like every other presidential election, 2012 will be a choice between two tickets. Let’s hope the opposition puts forward candidates that can catch the middle because that’s where the votes are. Christie/Cain

JRC2024
JRC2024 10/05/11 - 08:25 am
peace, I am a very

peace, I am a very consertative white person and I like Herman Cain. He is a down to earth business person and not a run of the mill politician. Mr. Obama has been and will always be a politician with his hand out. Sounds like you are what you say the republicans are. Could it be that Mr. Cain is a black consertative and believes everyone should earn their way and not have their hand out.

Bruno
Bruno 10/05/11 - 08:40 am
I find it interesting that

I find it interesting that many of my friends who voted for Obama are now so very upset with him. He is exactly what he campaigned as. BTW, Peace, your cries of racism and bigotry show you to be both.

Techfan
Techfan 10/05/11 - 08:50 am
Many of my friends are upset

Many of my friends are upset too, because Obama is governing as a REPUBLICAN. He'd caved to them on health care, he caved to them on the Bush Tax cuts, etc., etc. etc.

kmb413
kmb413 10/05/11 - 09:26 am
I didn't realize one of

I didn't realize one of Obama's promises was to extend the Bush tax cuts. Thanks for the link Techfan.

Most of the other promises deal with aspects of the healthcare plan. Just because you keep a promise doesn't make it a good thing.

Jane18
Jane18 10/05/11 - 09:46 am
At least Mr. Glover finally

At least Mr. Glover finally saw through the smoke screen(lies) of obama, some never will.

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/05/11 - 09:56 am
peace.....Mr. Glover does not

peace.....Mr. Glover does not appear to be the kind of person that would be influenced by "white bigots, racists, republicans, conservatives, and religious hypocrits", or anyone else for that matter. However, you, on the other hand, .........on never mind. Sean would just pull it. Let's just say that you apparently have nothing left to defend Obama with except name calling. I can't wait to see the comments when all of the "white bigots" and "racists" give Herman Cain a really fair consideration and very possibly the nomination. The only color consideration in this election that I have heard on the conservative side is the difference between red numbers and black numbers and that is in reference to the spending and the budget.

Chillen
Chillen 10/05/11 - 10:06 am
Almost every moderate

Almost every moderate democrat I know has ended support for obama. He is now only supported by the extreme left and black Americans.

He's in very serious re-election trouble. He's taken a bad economy & turned it into an utter disaster. And from what I've read, it's going to get much, much worse in the coming months. Hold on folks, we are in for a rough couple of years!

swcohen
swcohen 10/05/11 - 10:25 am
I voted for Obama in 2008

I voted for Obama in 2008 because as far as I could tell, he ran unopposed. It helped that he talked a great game, plus, he wasn't yet another Old White Guy. I knew he lacked the... Gravitas? Credentials? Bullheadedness?... To be an effective president. I expected to be disappointed, and on that, he hasn't let me down.

However, unless the GOP can field a ticket comprised of serious, capable people, who plan to serve all of us, and not just the party faithful... I might have to vote Obama Part II next year.

So c'mon, Grand Old Party, show this mostly independent voter that you care about anyone other than the hard core far right 1950's-era social values crowd. 'Cause I sure ain't one of them.

Chillen
Chillen 10/05/11 - 10:44 am
swcohen. Sorry, but you

swcohen. Sorry, but you sound like an obama supporter in disguise. I don't know any independents or moderate who are planning to vote for him again.

ANYONE would be better than obama. He's proven to us through actions that he cannot handle being President. I am personally supporting Libertarian Ron Paul or fiscal conservatives Herman Cain and Michelle Bachmann. Check them out. Any of the 3 would do.

But ANY of the GOP candidates would be better than the community organizer. Even the Democrat party is giving up on him. I don't believe he'll get the 2012 nomination again. They know he will lose so they can't take a chance on their radical agenda being halted.

allhans
allhans 10/05/11 - 11:10 am
Many Blacks don't see Cain as

Many Blacks don't see Cain as one of their race. To a large percentage of them all Republicans are white racists.
You can say you aren't a racist, but if you are a conservative, you are wasting your time trying to convince a Democrat.

dotherightthing
dotherightthing 10/05/11 - 11:21 am
@Peace.. If you are going to

@Peace.. If you are going to disagree then why don't you make your case rather than playing those cards?? Obviously it is easier to blame a group of people rather than actually defending the person....

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/05/11 - 11:51 am
Why is everyone picking on

Why is everyone picking on Obama? Y'all stop that. You'll hurt his feelings if you're not careful.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/05/11 - 11:55 am
Willie7, heh, heh, heh.

Willie7, heh, heh, heh.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 10/05/11 - 12:01 pm
I know why people like

I know why people like Mr.peace and others here are so angry.It's because they know Obama's defeat will be by one of the largest margins in history.The far left is disappointed, therefore not motivated. The middle is to put it bluntly, ashamed they helped put this guy in office.And the right and in particular the hard right are EAGERLY awaiting the chance to vote this guy into the dustbin of history. Short of declaring martial law and suspending the election, (which I'm sure he'd LOVE to be able to do) he will be gone next year. Then maybe someone,anyone else can begin the task of re-building what Our Dear Ruler and his co-conspirators have been trying to destroy since day one. The United States of America.
The dog and pony show of current candidates is frankly boring because I and millions of others already know who we're voting for......
Any one but Obama....

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/05/11 - 12:05 pm
willie says... Lowly middle

willie says...
Lowly middle class uneducated whites

Now surely he can't mean any of us....heheheh.....so funny willie.....even some sexual overtones in that post...hahahah
Noo....river is right.....it really is the big ears we don't like...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/05/11 - 12:11 pm
SeenIt, I believe big ears

SeenIt, I believe big ears will get you women voters. Heh, if you only knew the visual I'm having.

harley_52
harley_52 10/05/11 - 12:15 pm
willie7 said "Lowly middle

willie7 said "Lowly middle class uneducated whites have gone crazy because a black Man was elected president."

A condescending, racist comment if ever I heard one.

And then willie7 said..."Most of Obama's white votes came from white women, who will vote for him again."

Now, willie7, are these white women "lowly?" Are they "middle class?' Are they "uneducated?" And have they "gone crazy," or is it just lowly, middle class, uneducated, crazy white men you were referring to in the first paragraph?

harley_52
harley_52 10/05/11 - 12:17 pm
Riverman said "SeenIt, I

Riverman said "SeenIt, I believe big ears will get you women voters."

So now, all of a sudden, size matters?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/05/11 - 12:19 pm
SeenIt, I HEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRR

SeenIt, I HEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRR YOU!!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 10/05/11 - 12:27 pm
Well....uhhhuhh....sometimes

Well....uhhhuhh....sometimes harley....pocketbook size...:)

Seriously folks....if only willie knew some of the posters on here are millionaires...some have their own business & posting on here is just fun time for them....sooo just because we post like a southern goodoleboy, don't be fooled by that.......weuns could teach ya "sumthin".....:)

ispy4u
ispy4u 10/05/11 - 12:41 pm
Some of you would not vote

Some of you would not vote for Cain, if your lives depended on it. Just keep telling your selves that. It will not matter, because he will never be the GOP nominee.

ispy4u
ispy4u 10/05/11 - 12:45 pm
So CHILLEN, if Cain run

So CHILLEN, if Cain run against the President, tell us old wise one, for whom will "Black Americans" vote for?

peace4784
peace4784 10/05/11 - 12:46 pm
Presidents, The Congress, and

Presidents, The Congress, and those with any serious political or financial influence all have their brains washed the New World Order laundromat. Just listening to and reading the comments and opinions of the general public is confirmation. Prices keep rising, the cost of living keeps rising, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. No matter who gets elected the results are the same. Now all of you scholars, pundits, and geniuses tell me its just my imagination. Republicans, Democrats, liberals, and conservatives don't matter. Money and power only matters. Money and power are united. Labels are a distraction to keep those at the bottom divided. If you don't have money and power, you don't matter. You are not invited to the party.