Novice president has made us less free

We should have told the Democrats that The Hudsucker Proxy was just theater. Having taken it seriously, they nominated a complete novice with zero experience as their presidential candidate.

Then, in a pathetic Mouse That Roared allegory, the novice was elected with predictable results as he assembled an administration of anarchists, union organizers, media manipulators, racists and communists whose only skills seem to be in organizing a Pravda-like propaganda machine.

Make no mistake – we wanted and very badly needed for the novice to be successful. So, race-baiters, slither back under the rock from which you emerged. Lacking the experience to develop pragmatic solutions, the novice blindly followed the Democratic National Committee version of the “give a man a fish” parable (give a man one fish every day, and he will sit on his rear and vote Democratic) that has resulted in thousands of families across several generations as welfare
sponges.

Despite the utter failure of similar policies, the novice pushes us inexorably along the same exact path that has turned Greece, Spain and even the United Kingdom into a social and economic quagmire. The simple truth no Democrat wants to face is this: This administration is an incompetent and abject failure.

Individuals are significantly poorer and, because of a headlong drive to force corrupt labor unions down our throats, we are now less competitive as a nation. We are less safe as nuclear materials accumulate at an alarming rate with no management plan and for the first time in a generation morale in the military is beginning to fall.

But, perhaps most importantly, increased government control of our lives means we are less free than at any time in our history.

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 09/29/11 - 12:34 am
So you think we were more

So you think we were more free when America was effectively ruled by an apartheid regime?

copperhead
copperhead 09/29/11 - 04:57 am
hussein is a god sent here to

hussein is a god sent here to save us from ourselves! He is perfect in every way! Stop complaining and pay you taxes! Stop the hate and racism!

southernguy08
southernguy08 09/29/11 - 05:16 am
What Tommy, you're not liking

What Tommy, you're not liking all this "change?" Don't worry, polls show Obama will be out in 2013. Get ready to hear the libs whining.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 09/29/11 - 05:21 am
great letter**also remember

great letter**also remember obumler has sent tiny tim to lecture the EU leaders on how to solve their debt problem...they descibe obumlers advice as arrogant and stupid...now they know what we are putting up with for the last 2 plus years..stupidity..oh by the way when are the dims going to pass a budget??????????...

southernguy08
southernguy08 09/29/11 - 07:25 am
Tim Geithner lecturing the EU

Tim Geithner lecturing the EU on debt resolution is like Bill Clinton lecturing on morality. Few people will listen, and those that do only to get a good laugh.

hounddog
hounddog 09/29/11 - 07:52 am
‘This administration is an

‘This administration is an incompetent and abject failure.’
Don’t under estimate Hussein. He had/has an agenda which is change this country into a socialist one.

Chillen 09/29/11 - 09:23 am
This novice is being directed

Jane18
Jane18 09/29/11 - 09:13 am
Once again Chillen, you are

Once again Chillen, you are correct. It's been the(their) plan all along. Very good letter Tommy Smith!

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/29/11 - 09:56 am
OMG! Let's stop this red

OMG! Let's stop this red tide from flowing in! Where is Joseph McCarthy when we really need him? Black list all reds!

bjphysics
bjphysics 09/29/11 - 10:03 am
Can someone here articulate

Can someone here articulate what specific freedoms/rights they had under the previous administration that they have now lost under the current administration?

Can someone also cite the specific evidence for this conspiracy theory?

“This novice is being directed by marxist & communist masterminds behind the scenes. Make no mistake about it, what is happening to America's economy and our freedom is not by random chance or due to inexperience. It is by design.”

AFDB’s can be constructed at home for less than 10 dollars excluding labor:

burninater
burninater 09/29/11 - 10:18 am
Here's your "marxist &

Here's your "marxist & communist masterminds":

"Increasingly, citizens of all ages, but particularly the young, are rejecting conventional structures like parties and trade unions in favor of a less hierarchical, more participatory system modeled in many ways on the culture of the Web.

In that sense, the protest movements in democracies are not altogether unlike those that have rocked authoritarian governments this year, toppling longtime leaders in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya. Protesters have created their own political space online that is chilly, sometimes openly hostile, toward traditional institutions of the elite.

The critical mass of wiki and mapping tools, video and social networking sites, the communal news wire of Twitter and the ease of donations afforded by sites like PayPal makes coalitions of like-minded individuals instantly viable.

“You’re looking at a generation of 20- and 30-year-olds who are used to self-organizing,” said Yochai Benkler, a director of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University. “They believe life can be more participatory, more decentralized, less dependent on the traditional models of organization, either in the state or the big company. Those were the dominant ways of doing things in the industrial economy, and they aren’t anymore.”"

The disgust with plutocracy is distributed and pervasive among the networked young GLOBALLY. The next generation is growing up with networks that are more participatory and truly democratic than the pay-to-play charade of representative "democracy". Big changes coming, and your minders telling you it is the result of a puppet of global masterminds are doing you a disservice.

It is massive and distributed, and the outlets protesting the inevitability of entropy are sounding more and more like an exhausted wheeze.

It's kind of cute the way y'all sit around and talk in McCarthyist forms, though. Kind of like the old folks sitting around and talking about Honus Wagner and those darn electric lights in the streetlamps.

Chillen 09/29/11 - 10:29 am
Here's a short list of your

Here's a short list of your communist & marxist masterminds.

Friend & economy wrecker George Soros
Communist Van Jones
Cass Sunstein
Mark Lloyd
Carol Browner
Mao worshiper Anita Dunn
Terrorist Bill Ayers
Andy Stern
Richard Trumpka

Don't forget those who shaped his views. His Communist mother and Step Father as well as his communist grandparents. His communist & marxist professors who he mentions in his book.

Good Lord. Do I even need to go on?!

Chillen 09/29/11 - 10:44 am
@bjphysics. I suggest you

@bjphysics. I suggest you search your own mind for freedoms lost. I'm sure you can come up with a few.

How about the right to choose whether or not you want health insurance?
How about my healthcare privacy? I don't want the govt having my records.
Weren't some of our gun rights just taken away by obama?
How about my email freedom? Freedom from govt spying?
How about the freedom to not be assassinated by our US President without trial?
How about the freedom to succeed and be exceptional without ridicule and attacks from this administration?

harley_52
harley_52 09/29/11 - 10:41 am
Chillen said.... "Good Lord.

Chillen said....

"Good Lord. Do I even need to go on?!"

You've done a fine job, but I nominate Jeremiah Wright for at least a (dis)honorable mention, roosting chickens and all.

Cassandra Harris
Cassandra Harris 09/29/11 - 10:42 am
Reading this thread somehow

Reading this thread somehow gives me a craving to watch "The Crucible" again, I just don't understand why.......

Chillen 09/29/11 - 10:48 am
Good one Harley. I forgot

Good one Harley. I forgot about him. I'll gladly add him to the List of Shame.

burninater
burninater 09/29/11 - 12:11 pm
Ya, they've masterminded

Ya, they've masterminded housing bubbles, and global economic uncertainty, Arab springs and Greek debt crises, etc etc etc ...

They need to get some Superfriends T-shirts -- their powers are miraculous.

Van Jones? I thought he was just a crony hire. But masterminding America's power with his vast global network of power? Amazing.

Mark Lloyd? Had to wiki him, tells you how much I listen to the Beckster -- but holy moley he TALKED about VENEZUELA once! GLOBAL MASTERMIND!

Soros? Ya, he's got tons of money. They're the ones with actual power and who tangibly control our representative "democracy", so I'll buy that one.

Sunstein, academic and policy wonk whose views are all over the spectrum. Even though his global Marxist network is a little lean, as are his holdings of off-shore submarine/secret islands, he was essential for negotiating the alliance with the Gnomes of Zurich.

Mao-worshipping Anita Dunn! She trained the PRESS SECRETARY! I'm feeling a little Communist Chinese already.

Bill Ayers. Impotent meathead, or GLOBAL MASTERMIND? You make the call! (sounds kind of like GLOBAL MELTDOWN!!!!! doesn't it?)

Anyways, I'd have to wiki the rest of these as well and it's getting a little tedious...

But I'm sure you're right. I'm sure these individuals are working through their secret mole hole networks as we speak, magically turning the entire rest of the American establishment into quivering Jello molds and running roughshod over the whole process. I mean, look at how fast they're jamming legislation through Congress! It's a WHIRLWIND of functionality! Look at how they've turned the Supreme Court into robot judges! Clarence Thomas has been wearing Che shirts! Look at how they control the programming at the number 1 news network! (I have to admit, that's sly, the way they make Fox look ANTI-Obama so that the secret programming gets past our defenses).

I don't understand how anyone could think that the New World Order is not being masterminded by this bunch of individuals with all of their power and control. I don't think I've seen such a collection of the movers and the shakers since they held the premiere of The Big Chill.

Chillen 09/29/11 - 11:11 am
Well burninator. The

Well burninator. The assembled team is working. Our economy is failing miserably. The group certainly has power. And that is a bad thing for America.

Your continued mockery of Glenn Beck is concerning. Beck attacks obama a lot (rightfully so, he is a train wreck) but he also goes after Bush & anyone else who is wronging or has wronged American citizens and America.

You don't support that?

Here's a fun non-Beck article for you to peruse. (warning - it's not kind to the chosen one) Enjoy.

burninater
burninater 09/29/11 - 12:12 pm
Chillen, you don't need to

Chillen, you don't need to convince me that the stimulus and the bailout were wastes of money and ill-advised economic policy in my untrained opinion. This doesn't mean we can overlook the fact that trickle-down economics manifested in Bush tax policy had us going into this recession well before these "masterminds" had anything to do with anything. But that's exactly what the history re-writers are trying to do.

Chillen, I don't mock Beck because he attacks Obama, Bush, or whomever. I mock him because I don't believe his sincerity. I think he's made a lot of money by scaring people, and he has done so by concocting blind associations into "truth" with no basis beyond innuendo. He uses the same dodge that Jon Stewart does -- "I'm an entertainer" -- but he has an audienceship that takes his word for gospel. I don't like demagogues Chillen, whether they be Glenn Beck or Keith Olbermann.

Chillen 09/29/11 - 12:29 pm
Watch for 2 weeks. He offers

Watch for 2 weeks. He offers a 2 week free trial. Never does he say believe me. What he says is listen to what I say and "do you own research". "Draw your own conclusions." "Don't take my word for it". He backs everything up with facts. If he gives an opinion, he tells you that its his opinion, not a fact. He's very clear between the 2 things.

He has on a few occasions apologized for misstating a fact. He does pretty good research and I've only heard it once or twice.

He's a self made man. Started from the bottom of the barrel and made a success of himself. That is why liberals hate him. That and he tells the truth.

I believe he will change the face of American politics, given enough time and support. We desperately need that. And I mean DESPERATELY.

skeptic griggsy
skeptic griggsy 09/29/11 - 12:41 pm
Reactionaries read the last

Reactionaries read the last post-mine- in yesterday's on-line edition about being positive about Pres. Obama as that shows you blunderheads up!
Why do you lie about him? Does it do you proud to call people communists when they aren't as it does me to call you reactionaries,because you'd prefer how Americans lived in the bad old times? Do you regret having Social Security and child labour laws?
The Wreck is such a liar as is O'Rly, Coulter-geist, Hannity-capped, Limbo the Fat and Bach-woman!
I carry around American symbols on my shirts as I'm a full-blooded patriot like Buffett. Others drape themselves in the flag but lie about other Americans so that they are partial-blooded patriots!
Did the McCarthyites of yore protect the Nazi emigrants?
So you'd prefer lower taxes and less government, meaning less real spending money and more poor people? Did you really make it on your own, or did government and others help you as they did Ayn Rand?
My other post answers your nonsense!
Gee, I am so sweet!

Chillen 09/29/11 - 12:43 pm
Oh, and tonight's show at 5

Oh, and tonight's show at 5 promises to be a doozie. He's tackling radical islam in America. It doesn't have to be watched at 5, you can stream it anytime.

burninater
burninater 09/29/11 - 12:52 pm
Chillen, I've listened to his

Chillen, I've listened to his show numerous times, and I know exactly how he operates. He creates an atmosphere of fear and impending doom through insinuation (I think my favorite was when he and Brad Thor spoke of their new fictional book, which THEY had plotted, and said isn't it AMAZING how closely this tracks the conspiracies WE'VE been telling you about? Well duh, why wouldn't they?). Then he tells you to do your own research. There is so much material on the web, Right and Left, that is dealing with innuendo, that if you are looking for evidence of a specific conspiracy theory, you're going to find things that add to your fear. Remember when you linked the "welfare housing" video (Tacoma, WA I think) with the narrator driving around looking at all the fancy welfare recipients' and illegals' cars, and it turned out it was a mixed income development primarily funded by private entities? Your INITIAL search uncovered that fabricated video. More IN DEPTH research showed you that things weren't quite how they were being represented. But if you had just been looking for confirmation of something, you would have found that video, and thought Oh MY, He's RIGHT!

The primary reason he wants YOU to draw your own conclusions is so he can deny on the record. A SINCERE analyst would not give himself that back door. A SINCERE analyst would provide evidence and then STAND BY THAT EVIDENCE by drawing a conclusion. He's a very deliberate manipulater, and he does so solely to make himself a tidy income.

And I can't speak for "Liberals" but I don't dislike him because he's a self-made man. I dislike him because I think he's a cynical manipulator.

Chillen 09/29/11 - 01:04 pm
To each his own. I like the

To each his own. I like the guy. A lot. My spouse gets stressed out by him & doesn't like watching his show.

I guess we tend to gravitate towards folks who validate things we believe & think about. That's why there's such a diverse grouping of shows out there.

One thing that most conservatives & liberals should be able to agree on however is that America is going in the wrong direction. Less freedom and more govt is not a good thing for America. I have yet to see a single govt agency run with efficiency & hardly one run with competency.

Why are Americans so quick to give the govt more control? They'll just mess up everything even worse than it already is!

burninater
burninater 09/29/11 - 01:35 pm
Agreed, Chillen. The

Agreed, Chillen. The difficulty lies in the fact that sometimes one person's liberty is another's trespass.

For a simple example, environmental regulations. Business groups that want to distribute the liabilities of their operation by distributing pollution into their surroundings rather than concentrating it on their property view pollution restrictions as a loss of liberty. The impacted individuals around the operator view this liberty as a trespass on their own liberty. The case of the former is weaker on the face, but our culture of private profits derived from public liabilities is an ingrained one.

This is another difficulty I have with Beck. In the above example, he wouldn't discuss both sides of the issue. He would lead you to believe that only one type of liberty, that of unfettered commerce, is involved. This also makes me skeptical of his sincerity. If you are sincere in your argument, you don't fear excluding the opposing points to your argument.

Chillen 09/29/11 - 01:55 pm
Crony capitalism alert! The

Crony capitalism alert!

The obama administration clearly didn't learn its lesson with Solyndra. Another $1 Billion has been loaned out to 2 solar companies. Ironically, these companies were big democrat campaign supporters. Oh, and Pelosi has family connected to at least one of them who stands to personally benefit from this BILLION dollars of our money.

These folks are dangerous, reckless and bad for America. They are NOT on the average citizens side. Clearly.

America. You'd better wake up while there is still time!

Chillen 09/29/11 - 01:58 pm
I know how to fix things!

I know how to fix things! Lets suspend elections in 2012 - just like Democrat Bev Perdue said we should.

I KNEW this was coming. I've been saying for over a year that liberals would try this. Expect to hear more calls for this. Especially because it's becoming crystal clear that obama will lose. And the Dems will probably lose the Senate.

bjphysics
bjphysics 09/29/11 - 08:41 pm
bjphysics: “Can someone here

bjphysics: “Can someone here articulate what specific freedoms/rights they had under the PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATION that they have now lost under the current administration?

Chillen

“How about privacy? Cameras everywhere, nude airport scanners, Unionized government TSA gropers.”

[Cameras before Bush, TSA formed under Bush, scanners ordered by Bush.]

“How about the right to choose whether or not you want health insurance?”

[Not a right you have; your state can take it away. You may be protected from federal mandate, depending on how the Supreme Court rules.]

“How about my healthcare privacy? I don't want the govt having my records.”

[HIPPA privacy removed under Bush in 2002 in response to 9/11.]

“Weren't some of our gun rights just taken away by obama?”

[No, name one.]

“How about my email freedom? Freedom from govt spying?”

[Also removed by Bush under his warrantless surveillance program starting in 2002.]

“How about the freedom to choose the type of h/c plan I want instead of the ones that the govt dictates we must choose from?”

[Your choices have always been limited to the choices offered by insurers; now insurer’s offerings have to comply with federal standards. How does this differ from not currently having the choice to purchase automobile without seatbelts?]

“How about the right to choose what type of appliance you want to buy or light bulb you want to buy? Without govt censorship of certain products due to "environmental" concerns.”

[The Consumer Protection agency did this before Bush and the phase-out of incandescent bulbs (Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007) was signed into law by Bush on December 19, 2007.]

“How about the freedom to not be assassinated by our US President without trial?”

[After the Sept. 11 attacks, Bush gave the CIA, and later the military, authority to kill U.S. citizens abroad if strong evidence existed that an American was involved in organizing or carrying out terrorist actions against the United States or U.S. interests.]

“How about the freedom from oppressive govt & oppressive taxes that my children & grandchildren will have to bear thanks to big spender O?”

[Of the current debt of $14.8 trillion, $11.8 trillion (or 80%) was already in place when Obama took office.]

burninater
burninater 09/29/11 - 02:08 pm
"Someone is thumbing his nose

"Someone is thumbing his nose at the American public and all the democrats are enabling him. Why does he continually get a free pass?"

Because that's what political parties do. They rally around their designee to maintain a voting bloc rather than doing what's right.

All parties do it.

Voting these bums out and a different set of bums in isn't going to change it.

We need less worship of the big money pulling the strings and more rooting it out of representative democracy altogether. A corporation of 50,000 people gets 50,000 votes in the general election. Their influence should end THERE.

Chillen 09/29/11 - 02:21 pm
I agree burninator. I've

I agree burninator. I've said before that only American citizens should be able to contribute money & it should be $150 or $200 limit per person. I would also like to see an end to lobbyists. I'd also like to see prosecutions for politicians who throw political favors to family members or friends (such as pelosi's stunt).

There are bums of different colors though. Some bums are horrible & just flat out not good for America (obama) and some bums are bad (Bush) but some bums are almost palatable. I'm still looking for that person. I hope it will be Herman Cain or Ron Paul. Time will tell.

That's about all we can hope for unless we the people over throw the government as it exists. And I don't think the American sheeple have any fight in them.

State legislators won't push bill for mayor

The state legislators that Augusta Mayor Hardie Davis needs to draft legislation that will give him more power say that won’t happen this year, with less than a month remaining in the legislative ...