Americans are just giving jobs away

It's amazing how people in the work force in this country have it all wrong. They complain about "illegals" being here working - and complaining about not being able to get a job because of it.

Well, to tell the truth, "illegals" are not taking jobs from Americans; Americans are giving them away.
Why say that?

Well, first is the fact that some people think they are entitled to jobs just because they are Americans. They figure they are too good to start at the bottom and work their way up the ladder, or that they should not have to be subordinate to someone who is not originally from here.

Just because someone is an American does not give them the advantage to gain employment. Employers are looking for people with a great work ethic; good attitude; loyalty to the company or cause; trustworthiness; someone with personal accountability; in some cases certain educational backgrounds in certain areas; and a whole lot of other qualities besides just showing up on time.

It seems the entitlement "disease" has spread into the work force.

Aside from the fact that the "illegals" are here illegally, that is the only crime that has to be addressed when it comes to work. They will work the hard jobs when Americans complain that "it's too hot," "it's too far away" or "it's not enough money," among many other reasons not to work. But they will stand in a line for eight hours at the welfare office for free money so they will not have to work.

If the American work force were as solid as it should be, people would not be able to come here and "take" jobs, illegally or otherwise. Most people would rather have an "illegal" who is going to do the job right than an American who is just happy to have a job and does not care whether the job is done right.

Makes you wonder what the real crime is.

Chris McCain
Hephzibah

burninater
burninater 08/09/11 - 06:45 am
You're ignoring the obvious:

You're ignoring the obvious: would illegal workers do these jobs if the wages were a third, a quarter, a fifth of what they are? Probably not. But when you consider relative costs of living, that's what employers are asking Amwricans to work for in comparison to illegal labor. Eliminate illegal labor and wages for these jobs will have to increase significantly.

burninater
burninater 08/09/11 - 06:46 am
*Americans

*Americans

harley_52
harley_52 08/09/11 - 06:51 am
Americans would be foolish to

Americans would be foolish to take low paying jobs when they can make just as much drawing unemployment. At some point, you'd think even "progressives" would get the point that if you pay somebody NOT to work they'll probably take you up on the offer.

But wait....why pay them when your goal is to keep as many people as possible addicted to "free stuff" from the government and willing to vote "democrat" to keep it?

burninater
burninater 08/09/11 - 07:13 am
5 year lifetime limit on cash

5 year lifetime limit on cash welfare benefits harley. I think you're smart enough to work out the implications of that on the permanent welfare myth.

copperhead
copperhead 08/09/11 - 07:27 am
How many of you, with 17

How many of you, with 17 years experience, would take a 50% pay cut just because an " undocumented worker" will do the job for that pay? Go from $16 per hour to $8 per hour? My status as a LEGAL citizen,a veteran, and experience SHOULD count for something. We should start drafting these folks when they are caught and they should be made to walk point.That is what the judges back in the 60s did- if someone committed a minor crime,they were given a choice-prison or 'nam. Surely we need more cannon fodder.

Techfan
Techfan 08/09/11 - 07:37 am
Get out there and pick some

Get out there and pick some melons for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for minimum wage (or less), with no benefits, and see how happy that makes you Chris.

copperhead
copperhead 08/09/11 - 07:49 am
Techfan,would YOU take a 50%

Techfan,would YOU take a 50% pay cut and keep paying taxes so an "illegal" could work without paying taxes?

copperhead
copperhead 08/09/11 - 07:58 am
Better yet, work beside the

Better yet, work beside the "illegal" and teach them what you have learned through your job experience JUST so they can have a job? The company will continue to tax YOUR wages while paying the "illegal" under the table. This way,the "illegal" nets MORE than you. This is how it works in the REAL world.

allhans
allhans 08/09/11 - 12:39 pm
Better to be a "parasite" and

Better to be a "parasite" and live off the government than work at menial labor? That seems to be the way of it.
What has happened to us as a country?
Once being a paper boy, driving a milk truck, those were jobs to be proud of. We long ago created a culture (or maybe it is an inbred thing) that would rather demand handouts, loudly, than take one of those lowly jobs.

harley_52
harley_52 08/09/11 - 08:34 am
When I was a kid, I swept

When I was a kid, I swept porches and sidewalks for a dime. Mowed lawns for two bucks. Picked melons all day for sixty-five cents an hour. Eventually, I worked my way up to pumping gas and making pizzas for one dollar per hour. I learned the value of hard work and how to manage my money.

Those jobs are no longer available because the "progressives" believe all workers are entitled to a "living wage" which they define as more than anybody can or will pay a teenager looking for a job. As is usually the case, the nanny government under the guise of "caring" has done everything possible to make the situation worse for the very people it claims to want to help.

harley_52
harley_52 08/09/11 - 08:43 am
Welfare "myth," my assault

Welfare "myth," my assault rifle. Look at what the "great society" has created. Three generations of people who think they are entitled to a middle class lifestyle just because they're breathing. We have spent trillions of dollars teaching people to do the wrong things. Don't get an education. Don't marry. Do have children out of wedlock. Don't work. Don't pay for your own food, or housing. Free medical care, only if you don't work.

The only "myth" around the issue is that "progressives" were ever really motivated by humane compassion. It's been the purposeful creation of millions of addicted "victims" (aka voters) whose lives depend on democrats providing their sustenance through government largesse.

Techfan
Techfan 08/09/11 - 08:46 am
When I was a kid, I worked

When I was a kid, I worked cheap too. Of course, that was in the early '60s.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 08/09/11 - 08:48 am
I would not want to have to

I would not want to have to start earning half of my current pay and I would equally dislike having to suddenly start doing difficult manual labor in the heat all day, but if it was what I needed to do to support myself and my family I would.

I had a situation this weekend that reminded me of how people used to think but no more. A friend had a need and I sincerely offered her some assistance. She graciously declined, saying she could get by okay and that she had never accepted that kind of favor from a friend and wouldn't feel comfortable doing so now. All I offered her was the use of a vehicle for a couple of days until she could afford to get hers fixed but she worked it out on her own. When I grew up this kind of thinking was the norm.

burninater
burninater 08/09/11 - 09:12 am
I worked cheap when I was a

I worked cheap when I was a kid too, Tech. Then again, my parents were paying the mortgage, feeding me, covering my health costs, etc ...

How is it a shock that adults can't afford to live on entry-level wages?

harley_52
harley_52 08/09/11 - 09:16 am
How is it a shock that people

How is it a shock that people choose not to work when they don't have to?

Chillen
Chillen 08/09/11 - 09:50 am
It's such a simple

It's such a simple solution!

*Put up a wall.
*Deport the illegals - especially those in prison.
*Fine & second offense prison time for company owners/managers who hire illegals.
*Send notice to welfare recipients that the free ride is over in 6 months.
*Eliminate corporate taxes (citizens pay those anyway); neuter the unions; give a one time tax break to Americans storing money overseas (with stipulation that it be 100% invested here in the USA within 6 months).
*Watch the jobs flow back over here again.
*End 100% of all welfare. Cap unemployment at 3 or 6 months. That free ride is over too.
*Clamp down on social security fraud too. I read the other day (not sure if its true) that 1 in 11 Americans is on SS disability. Most of them can work too. I mean honestly, is hearing loss or a back injury a disability worthy of getting a free ride from the taxpayers? Or can you go out & get a job that fits your disability? Answer. Yes, you could find a job. But why do it when you don't have to?

harley_52
harley_52 08/09/11 - 10:00 am
Chillen, I support your

Chillen, I support your platform 85.7 %.

Jane18
Jane18 08/09/11 - 10:14 am
I agree with Chillen 100%.

I agree with Chillen 100%. Don't even get me started on SS Disability! I have contacted those teats on a boar-hog so many times about some defrauders, and not one thing has come of it. And I didn't just contact them once, it was three to four times on each person. Did I know what I was talking about? You bet, one is a relative, the others are people that I know really well. I don't call them friends, just people I know. My real friends are hardworking, tax paying, honest citizens.(Oh yeah, everyone of these people could work, they HAVE CHOSEN not to).

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 08/09/11 - 10:20 am
Yep, I know several people on

Yep, I know several people on disability who are as capable of working as any of us. No need to waste your time reporting it, the government wants to give them money.

Chillen
Chillen 08/09/11 - 10:51 am
"the government wants to give

"the government wants to give them money" 100% correct! They want as many people on the public dole as possible.

Why is this? They have to know that 50% of us can't bear the entire burden of supporting society. They have to know that when 20% of working age Americans are on welfare and almost 10% are on social security disability that the model won't work. They have to know that the 10% of people who are on permanent, never ending unemployment won't work.

Add it up and 40% of Americans who CAN work are NOT working. No wonder when I go out during the day so many folks are just milling around & not working.

So. I ask all you fine democrats. Why is this happening? Why would our govt want so many people to be 100% dependant on the govt for a paycheck?

I know the answer. Do you?

allhans
allhans 08/09/11 - 03:58 pm
Don't you just love those

Don't you just love those legal beagles on TV.
"Have you been turned down for SS disability? Call us ----- we can get you what is coming to you."

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 08/09/11 - 12:11 pm
Same as unemployment benefits

Same as unemployment benefits in SC for so many years. It made no difference if an employee was terminated for lying on their application, falsifiying their time sheet or even theft, the unemployment agency was dog determined to give them unemployment benefits anyway. The employers had to fight it by going to hearings and re-hearings and most times lost anyway. Now the SC Employment Commission has admitted that the fund is in the hole and that their agents had approved benefits for people who didn't meet the guidelines, but what the hey, they took care of the problem. They came up with a fee/penalty that they charged to all employers to re-fund the account. Typical, look out business folks, here it comes again!

southernguy08
southernguy08 08/09/11 - 04:58 pm
Funny, I'm waiting for the

Funny, I'm waiting for the libs to say its all George Bush's fault. What gives, guys?

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 08/09/11 - 06:08 pm
Let's force the American

Let's force the American companies to pay $40.00 an hour to entry level hires with free health, medical, dental, optical, 26 weeks of vacation, 10 to noon plus overtime, free meals, maternity paternity fraternity leave, pre-paid credit card and cell phone usage, abortion on demand and transportation. Oops! Sorry! We already have unions doing that. My bad.