Why clutter up our license plates?

Kudos to Bill Kirby for his column "Peaches belong on dinner plates, not Georgia's license plates" (July 19).

It never was a good idea to try to use license plates as mini-billboards. The result has been garish eyesores that require the reader to sit on the hood of a tailgating car to be close enough to read all the clutter. (Have you seen a Florida tag recently?)

Does anyone imagine that adding "Peach State" to our tags brings a single tourist to Georgia? I vote for a distinctive, plain white, uncluttered tag with handsome black or navy blue numbers and letters that shows some class. Let us Georgians lead the way in helping keep America beautiful!

dichotomy
dichotomy 07/23/11 - 10:49 pm
Yep, the peach thing is

Yep, the peach thing is pretty useless in addition to being a lie. If they were truthful we would be the peanut state. Most of those plates were U....gly.

ConcernedTaxpayer
ConcernedTaxpayer 07/24/11 - 06:28 am
I happen to like colorful

I happen to like colorful plates with nice designs on them. Plain is boring!

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/24/11 - 07:16 am
Plain white with black or

Plain white with black or blue lettering......how boring! And, whatever will the kids do on long vacation trips if they don't have a variety of license plates to play their game.....you try to identify as many different license plates as you can....And please tell me how does the design on a license plate help keep American beautiful???

RunningMan
RunningMan 07/24/11 - 09:11 am
Commenting on this will

Commenting on this will simply be a waste of time.

david jennings
david jennings 07/24/11 - 02:39 pm
Im with runningMan,notice I

Im with runningMan,notice I didnt comment on Corey Johnson getting another chance to vote on the Patch either,but I bet he does.

InChristLove
InChristLove 07/25/11 - 05:26 pm
Someone has a stuttering

Someone has a stuttering problem. (Thank you AC. I noticed the other five or six repeat post has been deleted).