Employees' dress code is an outrage

On March 6, an area newspaper printed an article concerning the opening of a new bar in Aiken. The owner was interviewed and proudly announced that his bartenders and waitresses would be dressed in Catholic schoolgirl uniforms.

Since the Catholic schoolgirls in Aiken are between the ages of 4 and 14, this bar apparently is meant to appeal to adult men and women who are attracted to young schoolgirls. There is a name for this, and it is not nice.

This man owes an apology to young Catholic schoolgirls for making a mockery of them. Surely the Aiken community will find this establishment objectionable.

terminusmundi
terminusmundi 03/09/11 - 11:24 pm
Honestly, the way 14-year-old

Honestly, the way 14-year-old girls are these days, I don't think they need the help.

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 03/10/11 - 04:25 am
I didn't know they were

I didn't know they were forcing people to patronize this bar? Sheesh....if you don't like it, don't go!

Runner46
Runner46 03/10/11 - 07:02 am
Is this for real? I have got

Is this for real? I have got to visit this bar!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/10/11 - 07:38 am
Yeah, that's over the top. On

Yeah, that's over the top. On the other hand, college cheerleaders...wowza!!!

Lewis Grizzard said the U. of Miss had the prettiest cheerleaders in the SEC. He loved cheerleaders so much he once took out an ad looking for a wife. It said: "Wanted ex-SEC cheerleader for possible marriage. No Vanderbilties need apply."

SCEgikatid
SCEgikatid 03/10/11 - 07:59 am
I must admit I find it a

I must admit I find it a little bizarre but I really like Riverman's idea.

Rather
Rather 03/10/11 - 08:20 am
Do you want them dressed as

Do you want them dressed as prostitutes instead?

Dixieman
Dixieman 03/10/11 - 10:07 am
Revised business plan: 1.

Revised business plan:
1. Close in Aiken
2. Relocate to Bangkok
3. Reopen.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 03/10/11 - 11:24 am
Are the male employees

Are the male employees dressing in Catholic Schoolgirl Uniforms too???

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 03/10/11 - 12:13 pm
I personally wish to

I personally wish to apologize to the Martians for calling them green.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/10/11 - 12:53 pm
Hey, SCegikatid, remember a

Hey, SCegikatid, remember a few years ago the guy who took the UGA cheerleaders to the party on the island and got most of them suspended? Talk about living out a fantasy.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 03/10/11 - 01:03 pm
Some of y'all "well I nevers"

Some of y'all "well I nevers" need to get your own mind out of the gutter. I saw and interview where he described them as plaid skirts and does not mention Catholic School girls. Y'all said that's what the outfits look like so who has their mind in the gutter???? Get a life. Other restaurants and bars have their employees wear cutesy clothes. They aren't breaking any laws so shut up and mind your own business. I can wait to visit...hope the have some great food!

nofrills
nofrills 03/10/11 - 01:49 pm
I dont see it lasting long at

I dont see it lasting long at its present location.

libertarianvoter
libertarianvoter 03/11/11 - 02:17 pm
" this bar apparently is

" this bar apparently is meant to appeal to adult men and women who are attracted to young schoolgirls. There is a name for this, and it is not nice."

There's a name for what you just did, and it's "jumping to conclusions."

1. Only the bartenders (which are always indoors) will wear the plaid skirts. The waiting staff will wear khaki shorts and tshirts.

2. The Catholic school girl outfit has been sexualized long before this. How many complaints did you write to Britney Spears after she wore a sexy version of it in her video? How many times do you chastise 20 year olds for wearing it during Halloween?

3. If men and women are attracted to young girls (under 17), then the name for them is PEDOPHILE. Pedophiles ONLY like young children no matter how they are dressed. They would never be attracted to an adult.... The women that are bartenders have to be of age, therefore, only attracting men and women that like ADULTS.

You owe an apology to the owner because you implied that his patrons are going to be pedophiles. Also, if some people in Aiken find it objectionable even after they realize the school girl outfit will be only worn inside, then they should just not go to the bar....simple as that.

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.