Could military help Augusta stand up?

There is a simple solution to Augusta's cartoon government. Let a small contingent from Fort Gordon come in to manage and operate the city. All the city employees will go to Fort Gordon for leadership and management training.

The U.S. military trained up a government in Afghanistan and Iraq from a population that can barely read or write. Augusta should be an easy exercise.

Dan McDermott

Stapleton

omnomnom
omnomnom 02/07/11 - 12:15 am
well, martial law always

well, martial law always looks so cool in the movies...

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/07/11 - 07:10 am
Omnomnom, ain't that the

Omnomnom, ain't that the truth. We could have marches down Broad St every Friday led by General Deke wearing his old Boy Scout uniform that I bet he has to this day in his closet. Helicopters flying over and drones knocking out entire neighborhoods suspected of harboring criminals. When someone is voted down at a Commission meeting, his buddy could jump up, heroically forgetting his own safety and charge screaming, "They got Joe."

bettyboop
bettyboop 02/07/11 - 10:18 am
LOL...love it!!!

LOL...love it!!!

kmb413
kmb413 02/07/11 - 10:19 am
As a military member I say NO

As a military member I say NO way! I agree with omnomnom, that would be martial law.

dani
dani 02/07/11 - 10:36 am
LOL riverman1..

LOL riverman1..

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 02/07/11 - 11:06 am
Marshal Law? It would look

Marshal Law? It would look more like a dictatorial takeover!

Jon Lester
Jon Lester 02/07/11 - 12:06 pm
I don't think those are

I don't think those are regimes we can be especially proud of, and to be fair to the military, more blame goes to the State Department for aiding in the creation of two more (nominal) Islamic republics plagued by corruption and virtually inviting a radicalized opposition.

You want car bombs in Augusta, too? Any particular intersections you'd favor?

follower 02/07/11 - 12:21 pm
Mr. McDermott, is there

Mr. McDermott, is there nothing to do in Stapleton? I'm taking great comfort in believing you wrote this "tongue in cheek". Tell me I'm right............please.