So far, so good -- let's finish the job

Recent headlines have indicated an unexpected increase in holiday spending. A surprise indeed, considering the current state of the economy. What has changed? Unemployment is still high. Jobless claims are static. Productivity is flat.

I submit the recent loss of the House of Representatives has spurred the public to be energized by the fact that the confiscatory policies of the left are being repudiated at the ballot box. In short, when Democrats lose, America wins.

So keep it up, America. Let's vote the rest of the socialist Democrats out in 2012 and then watch this country rise from the ashes of leftist policies, which do nothing to spur growth. Upward and onward to 2012!

William Davis

Augusta

usapatriot
usapatriot 01/10/11 - 01:32 am
RA, if you believe in the

RA, if you believe in the left, I'd think you'd defend the policies that America voted out. Not only in those in Congress but in state legislatures and Governorships.

Republicans now control the entire legislature in 25 states, 11 more than they had going in to the 2010 elections

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 01/10/11 - 07:24 am
RA if you mean "targeting" by

RA if you mean "targeting" by defeating them at the ballot box, then yes. Now is not the time to try and make cheap political points by comparing this letter to another more recent heinous act.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/10/11 - 07:30 am
Yeah like the George H W Bush

Yeah like the George H W Bush years were so good, we need more. Silly writer, thinking the Republicans really care about your needs, the Democrats didn't! As long as those greedy congresspeople are getting their pockets filled, they won't care about you unless it's election time and they need something to get re-elected for. Dream on!

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/10/11 - 07:34 am
Oops got my Bush boys

Oops got my Bush boys confused. The first two years of Bush, Jr's presidency was whenthe congress and president was controlled by the republicans.

onlysane1left
onlysane1left 01/10/11 - 07:34 am
Oops got my Bush boys

southernguy08
southernguy08 01/10/11 - 07:54 am
Let me guess, RA, it's all

Let me guess, RA, it's all Sarah Palin's fault...right?

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 01/10/11 - 08:14 am
You must have found a

You must have found a political party we haven't heard of.... because the Republicans aren't any better than the Democrats.

Rhetor
Rhetor 01/10/11 - 08:25 am
More vitriolic rhetoric that

More vitriolic rhetoric that contributes nothing to our great country. The present government policies are progressive but are nothing even close to being socialist or confiscatory. Those are at best gross and unreasonable overstatements; at worst, falsehoods. It's time for this hyperbolic, absurd, angry rhetoric to go away.

irishfarmer
irishfarmer 01/10/11 - 08:28 am
HECK YEAH! Lets get the rest

HECK YEAH! Lets get the rest of the lip service giving and lieing democrats the boot again and some more in 2012. LLet republicans have the control that democrats have had so many times before. Lets start in 2012 Augusta by getting rid of Sen. Hardie Davis there is a republican candidate who would be a great replacement for him in our state senate his name is B.B. Langham. Lets work on replacing Gloria Frazier as well along with Quincy Murphy. We also need to find some republicans to run for our county commission even though they are non partisan everyone knows and can tell who are republicans and who the liberals are.

HotDiva01
HotDiva01 01/10/11 - 08:35 am
I agree Hardie Davis needs to

I agree Hardie Davis needs to be replaced and B.B. Langham is a great choice. He would be the leader that Augusta needs and would be a excellent state senator no doubt about that.

Jackson
Jackson 01/10/11 - 08:39 am
I agree with Truckin Ranger

I agree with Truckin Ranger on this one. Niether party has done a dang thing for America. It's all about Ego in Washington. Neither party cares about us. SAY ANYTHING to get elected. If Sarah Palin runs she will be embarrased in her first debate. What a dunce.

irishfarmer
irishfarmer 01/10/11 - 08:46 am
Palin would be a weak

Palin would be a weak candidate for president no doubt about that. The republicans have not lied to the public and created near as many problems that this country has as the democrats have and the history books say that. I hope the party can find a real leader in 2012. There are some good candidates out there in waiting.

southernguy08
southernguy08 01/10/11 - 09:53 am
Palin is touted by the left

Palin is touted by the left as the 2012 candidate for the Reps. The left wants desperately to believe this. It's the only way they can conceive their idiot in the White House could possibly get re-elected. Sorry libs, the current conditions say it just won't happen. My guess is probably Romney/Huckabee, possibly Romney DeMint in 2012. Maybe even Romney/Barbour. But hey, at least you had your "change" you can believe in for 4 years.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 01/10/11 - 09:57 am
Hey Lefties, I'm convinced!

Hey Lefties, I'm convinced! Our Dear Leader and his cohorts, er, colleagues REALLY do care more about us than any other leaders in the history of this great republic. You got me!!So I say 4 more years, (he says sarcastically).. This will serve to magnify their inability to understand free market economics and further drive them into the scrap heap of history.

CorporalGripweed
CorporalGripweed 01/10/11 - 10:02 am
One more thing before I have

One more thing before I have to go to work!. Someone mentioned this letter was vitriolic. Nothing like the movie they made about assasinating G.W. though,huh? I remember during the last presedential campaign, Hillary Clinton said "Dissent is a form of patiotism". I guess that only counts if you are protesting the Right.

chascush
chascush 01/10/11 - 10:08 am
irishfarmer, ‘Palin would be

irishfarmer, ‘Palin would be a weak candidate for president no doubt about that.’
I agree Palin would be a weak candidate. I’m not a repub but ANYTHING WOULD BE BETTER THAN THE worthless community organizer in the WH now. People forget that Bush had 9/11 to deal with. Lord help us if the piece of trash we have now was in the WH on 9/11.

irishfarmer
irishfarmer 01/10/11 - 10:12 am
Romney would never be able

Romney would never be able too win in the south and therefore he would loose. Huckabee would have a great shot though and would be a good choice in 2012.

dani
dani 01/10/11 - 10:27 am
I have read that charges to

I have read that charges to credits cards were up by a large percentage. Makes you wonder if all the goods bought will be paid for.

iLove
iLove 01/10/11 - 10:35 am
ROFLMBO!

ROFLMBO!

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/10/11 - 11:06 am
Don't even start with the

Don't even start with the "targeting" stuff Retired Army. They have already produced a 2004 Democrat Party poster that was identical to the Palin poster with the only difference being bullseyes instead of crosshairs. It even used the word "target". This guy has not been linked to any partisan or TEA party politics and seemed to be more into marxist/socialist reading which would appear to be more up the Democrat line anyway. With his history, this incident is more of a commentary on Political Correctness and our lack of action on dealing with mentally disturbed individuals. In our zeal to protect the rights of dangerous people we have failed, once again, to protect the innocent citizen. PC kills, literally.

As for the article, yes we need to keep the attention of the voter focused on 2012 and the election of more fiscal conservatives. There are still some liberal, free spending and taxing Republicans that need to be replaced in the Senate and, of course, a lot of Democrats that need to replaced. I don't really care which party they affiliate with, if they are a tax and spend politician they need to be replaced. As long as a candidate can say two words, "cut spending", I will vote for them.

I don't believe Palin is the best selection as the Republican candidate. Not that I disagree with her. I agree with most of what she says. But she is too much of a lightning rod and a very hard sell for independent voters. Huckabee scares me because he runs home to religion too often when discussing issues. I'm thinking more like Mike Pence or Bobby Jindal. I guess I would accept Romney but that would be like cooking frozen chicken. I would prefer some fresh meat with no freezer burn. It just tastes better.

Chillen
Chillen 01/10/11 - 11:16 am
I love how the lefties

I love how the lefties continue to use the words "target" and "crosshairs". This despite the fact that ALL his former classmates describe him as a left leaning/liberal pothead.

But, if "target" is the word you want, yes, we are targeting ALL dems for elimination. We want them on the unemployment line - alive and feeling the pain from the destruction they've caused. Bring on 2012! Yahoo!!!!

Jane18
Jane18 01/10/11 - 01:29 pm
Only thing Chillen, they

Only thing Chillen, they won't be in the unemployment line as we know it. They are set for life. After all, they are little kings and queens(in their minds)!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/10/11 - 03:59 pm
justthefacts
justthefacts 01/10/11 - 04:26 pm
chas, they should be ashamed

chas, they should be ashamed of themselves for using this tragedy to further their political views. But, they are not. Some seem thankful for the opportunity. Sad.

Chillen
Chillen 01/10/11 - 04:59 pm
Funny thing is, it seems to

Funny thing is, it seems to be backfiring on them. I've seen somewhat of a backlash from folks - even the Left Coast Chronicle (San Francisco) is backpeddaling and saying that he was just a nut, not a right winger - LOL!!!!! This might actually do more damage to their liberal agenda than they even know.

I mean honsetly, this woman was a very conservative democrat. If it really was a right wing nutcase they'd go after Pelosi, Rangle or some other super far left nut job insead of her.

This is a case of 2 + 5 = 9. The numbers don't add up liberals.

Chillen
Chillen 01/10/11 - 05:04 pm
Now, on to Mr. Davis' fine

Now, on to Mr. Davis' fine letter. You are right, there was a sense of optimism this December based on the November elections. The educated who "know" how important this election was for our nation finally loosened up a few dimes based on pure hope.

Unfortunately due to the super left lame duck congress and a few strokes of an executive order pen, they managed to drive about 7 or 8 more nails into the economic coffin.

Let's hope this new congress can at least slow down the machine and get the community "executive order" organizer under control. Until then, Viva 2012!

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 01/10/11 - 07:05 pm
The President, who criticized

The President, who criticized his predecessor for using signing statements, has issued a signing statement. The funny part is that the statement makes it illegal for him to keep his promise to close GITMO. But his mindless disciples still support him.

ADAMS
ADAMS 01/10/11 - 07:38 pm
People get ready buckle up, a

People get ready buckle up, a lot jobs will be lost,higher gas prices at the pump,because the GOP primary legislation will be to repeal health care that will cost american people billions of dollar add to the federal debt for our grandkids.The House controlled by GOP will not be satisfied until they see the economy get worse,unemployment rise to its highest peak so in 2012, they hope the economy melt down will deny Pres. Obama a second term.

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 01/10/11 - 07:49 pm
ADAMS......do you care to

ADAMS......do you care to explain how repealing the health care law will cost billions or add one nickle to the debt? Love to hear it.

Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Bob 01/10/11 - 08:02 pm
Probably just parroting what

Probably just parroting what he heard somewhere....and believes it whole heartedly.