We need Sean Frantom in District 10

I would like to urge the voters in Augusta Commission Super District 10 to throw their support behind Sean Frantom.

Most of you have probably met Sean and shook his hand. He has spent hour after hour going house to house in his district to meet and talk with the people -- all the while attending numerous civic functions and holding down a full-time job. Sean is not backed by the elitist Hill money, but he has proven that he is definitely the hardest-working candidate, and wants to know what the people think and want from their commissioner.

He is not 60-plus-years old, and Grady Smith's supporters seem to think this is a deterrent. I think this is a plus. Sean is highly intelligent, energized and a college graduate. This year alone he has been the recipient of prestigious awards for his work and achievements. He has taken the time to really study his district and talk to the people.

Mr. Smith talks about being a lifelong resident of Richmond County, instead of his platform. He has just continuously repeated over and over that he is a business owner, property owner and pays taxes. A lot of his constituents in District 10 are not yet property owners or business owners. Does this make them or their vote any less important?

The young are the future, like it or not. I urge all in Super 10 to vote for their future in this fine young man who wants only to serve Richmond County and has no one to answer to but his constituents.

Why am I so concerned about this when I live in Columbia County? Because I was born and raised in Richmond County, and what happens in Richmond County spills over into Columbia County.

Sean has pledged in his platform to help the sheriff get more funding to make the county a safer place to live. Vote Sean Frantom on Nov. 2!

Tonya Ligon

Martinez

KnowTheFacts
KnowTheFacts 10/28/10 - 08:17 am
Let me begin by saying that I

Let me begin by saying that I am a lot closer to Mr. Frantom in age than I am to Mr. Smith, but Mr. Frantom's entire platform seems to be about his youthful age. I am supporting Grady Smith because he has a strong platform and a vision for where he feels Augusta needs to go. I also believe that it does matter if an elected official, who is responsible for setting the milage rate and spending tax dollars, is a property owner and pays taxes on that property. Please join me in voting for Grady Smith for the next district 10 county commissioner.

1stapatriot
1stapatriot 10/28/10 - 09:05 am
The above comment insults

The above comment insults non-property owners. People who are not real estate owners do pay sales tax, personal property tax and the person they rent from pays taxes from their payments. So, I guess that makes them a taxpayer after all, right?? Mr. Smith's platform?? What is it?? If you think Mr. Frantom's platform is only his youth you are not a knowledgeable voter. And, I am more Mr. Smith's age than Mr. Frantom's. Vote to move Augusta Forward. Vote Sean Frantom!!!

bootscoot_mommy
bootscoot_mommy 10/28/10 - 12:40 pm
KnowTheFacts...a renter pays

KnowTheFacts...a renter pays a landlord, a landlord pays property taxes. When in the US constitution does it say a public offical has to own a house?? Also, what exactly is Smith's platform? All he ever says is that he's a business owner. Grady, we understand you are a business owner, we get it.

Emerydan
Emerydan 10/28/10 - 04:43 pm
I have yet to see anything

I have yet to see anything that resembles a "platform" from either of these candidates. So by default, you kind of have to lean to the guy with more experience. If Sean could give us more than just Deke'esque platitudes and some actual specifics about what he wants to do for Augusta and how he plans to do it, then he would certainly have the edge over Smith.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/28/10 - 04:56 pm
Sorry, Dan. "Experience" is

Sorry, Dan. "Experience" is what we got with Christopher Dodd, Barney Frank, Ted Kennedy, John McCain, Bob Dole, Dan Rostenkowski, John Murhtha, John Rangel, Roy Barnes, Don Grantham, Jimmy Smith, et. al.

In 2010, "new" is better than "experience."

1stapatriot
1stapatriot 10/28/10 - 05:27 pm
To Emery Dan. Sean's platform

To Emery Dan. Sean's platform is to move Augusta forward. Have you ever been to Greenville, SC. Now that town got some new blood and moved forward. Augusta could do the same with someone that has a vision and can bring people together. A unifier. And Sean has that ability.

Emerydan
Emerydan 10/28/10 - 05:33 pm
"Move Augusta Forward" is a

"Move Augusta Forward" is a bumper sticker not a "platform".