Think about redistricting when you vote

My first inclination concerning the Nov. 2 election was to just skip over the Georgia governor's section of the ballot because of the choices that we have. Then I thought of the upcoming state redistricting next year as a result of the 2010 Census, and the influence the governor will have in the redistricting process.

Consequently, I have decided to vote for the person who I believe will best serve Georgia in that regard -- Republican Nathan Deal. I urge all Georgians who have decided not to vote in the gubernatorial race to reconsider their decision. Think about redistricting . Remember: The new districts will be with us for the next 10 years!

J.D. Hardaway

Thomson

Techfan
Techfan 10/28/10 - 05:32 am
10 years? Ask Republicans Tom

10 years? Ask Republicans Tom Delay and Rick Perry.

cparker
cparker 10/28/10 - 07:04 am
Voting for Nathan Deal is

Voting for Nathan Deal is just like casting a vote for GA convict Ben Harbin. It seems Republicans talk a lot about morals until election time. Southern white Christian Conservatives would vote cast their vote for a dog, cat, or mule rather than simply admit honestly their candidate is just as big a fool as the animal.

dashiel
dashiel 10/28/10 - 07:44 am
South Carolina could teach

South Carolina could teach our next crooked governor how to carve Congressional Districts. Palmettoheads are partial to the boomerang shape. You simply put one end at the Capital and the other end where the Sugar Daddies live. That way a Congressman can hover above the poor people in the middle. Even Jesus said we will have them with us always, but leave it to politicians to make them screwable.

Dixieman
Dixieman 10/28/10 - 08:18 am
William F. Buckley said it

William F. Buckley said it best: Always vote for the most conservative ELECTABLE candidate. In this case, it is Nathan Deal. I voted for him and Sam Olens for AG, then Libertarian all the way down the rest of the ticket.

Chillen
Chillen 10/28/10 - 08:41 am
cparker. And I suppose you

cparker. And I suppose you think Barnes is squeaky clean? Think again and check out his law firm activities and the cases they have brought forward to judges HE appointed. They are both not good choices this year.

Darby
Darby 10/28/10 - 08:58 am
"Voting for Nathan Deal is

"Voting for Nathan Deal is just like casting a vote for GA convict Ben Harbin."

A convict?? Really, in what parallel universe do you live? It's Democrats that have a proven record of nominating or electing and reelecting convicted or indicted politicians. Republicans just don't do that..

Taylor B
Taylor B 10/28/10 - 09:00 am
Remember, the Fair Voting Act

Remember, the Fair Voting Act requires the districts to be approved by the DOJ. I suspect they won't change much. These "vote for Deal" excuse makers are getting outlandish.

I'd rather have a person that is not a Repub or Dem cut these districts anyway. I'm voting John Monds!

ozarkalien
ozarkalien 10/28/10 - 10:39 am
We need to put in end to the

We need to put in end to the way redistricting is done. It should be done by a nonpartisan group. It isn't the American way for the districts to be drawn that never allow for competition. Have you ever looked at a map of the districts that have been redrawn? This is a way for both parties not to have to worry about every losing a election. It is un-American. check out this site. http://www.americansforredistrictingreform.org/index.html

BobG
BobG 10/28/10 - 01:47 pm
Taylor B - Why haven't you

Taylor B - Why haven't you already voted? Free up that time for some last minute campaigning. Anyway, I have already cancelled out your vote so you better get to the polls. Best of luck, but I sure hope you guys don't force a runoff.

Taylor B
Taylor B 10/28/10 - 02:51 pm
BobG, I do not early or

BobG, I do not early or advance vote. I like to see how the traffic is on election day, so I go then.

I hope we don't force a runoff either, Bob, but if so, we will take Barnes out for you guys...

ruach
ruach 10/28/10 - 03:07 pm
"Anyway, I have already

"Anyway, I have already cancelled out your vote so you better get to the polls."

An arrogant, illogical statement.

I don't do early or advanced voting either for the same reason as Taylor B...and I agree, if it comes to a run-off, we'll take care of Barnes for you.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen