Stop mudslinging and give me facts!

I just received a phone call from someone in the Roy Barnes campaign. Of course he wanted to tell me what was wrong with Nathan Deal.

Here's a concept I wonder if politicians have considered: How about if you run for office on your own merits? Don't tell me what your opponent has done or is doing wrong. Tell me what you're going to do to make my life better and the lives of everyone in Georgia, and in the United States. Tell me your plan.

When you give me statistics, let them be documented facts. Tell me about a bill you co-authored, or the committee you were on that sponsored a powerful piece of legislation. Don't tell me anything that I can't verify through official channels.

Build your case on what you have done or will do, not on the back of the opponent you're trying to bury in the mud you're busy slinging!

Debbie Stevens

Hephzibah

dani
dani 10/27/10 - 09:44 pm
Wishful thinking for sure.

Wishful thinking for sure.

GGpap
GGpap 10/28/10 - 12:57 am
A "robo" call to me

Joe Wilson has lost about two thousand votes to date. LOL!

GGpap

carcraft
carcraft 10/28/10 - 02:53 am
The Government should NOT be

The Government should NOT be making your life better, you should. The job of the governemtn is to provide the structure, security and stablity to allow YOU to pursue happiness. Mean while when I go into the booth I won't be voting for Powell. Any body with the Beverly Hillbilly music in an ad isn't serious!

Dixieman
Dixieman 10/28/10 - 04:57 am
Nah, we want MORE MUD! Let's

Nah, we want MORE MUD! Let's face it, politics without negative ads would be what my kid calls b-o-r-i-n-g. Entertainment is what America is all about these days!

southernguy08
southernguy08 10/28/10 - 05:45 am
I just want to all be over.

I just want to all be over. I'm sick of politics.

Rhetor
Rhetor 10/28/10 - 06:22 am
Ggap, good for you. We should

Ggap, good for you. We should all make an anti-robo call pledge.

southernguy08
southernguy08 10/28/10 - 06:29 am
GGAP, the Barnes camp has

GGAP, the Barnes camp has been robo pestering me and a lot of others. Guess who else has lost about 2000 votes.

Taylor B
Taylor B 10/28/10 - 06:45 am
I had a chance to do robo

mary dits
mary dits 10/28/10 - 08:55 am
is showing nathan deal say

is showing nathan deal say stupid things considered mudslinging?

Darby
Darby 10/28/10 - 09:00 am
"A "robo" call to me

"A "robo" call to me automatically loses THAT candidate a vote...no matter the candidate or the party."

I take it that means you are obviously not voting this year.

Darby
Darby 10/28/10 - 09:06 am
"I had a chance to do robo

"I had a chance to do robo calls for almost no cost, and decided not to. I'd rather talk to you face to face. Robo calls just seem lazy to me."

Taylor B, I sort of wish you had gone with the robo calls, supplemented with the one-on-one calls as well. Robo calls can get the word out and be very effective if done properly. (Short and in good taste.) Good luck...

c.james
c.james 10/28/10 - 12:47 pm
Again; With Barnes you get

Again; With Barnes you get Obama. It's really quite simple. If you want Obama in our lives here in GA then vote for Barnes. A Democratic Governor win here would be devastating for the Republican/Conservative agenda we hold near and dear to our hearts.
Obama's 2012 run will bring him here over the next 24 months to show the people of Georgia that he's a fix for everything wrong with our State now that we supported a Liberal for Governor.

If Deal wins we won't see this moron bothering us or trying to inflict his socialistic, Liberal agenda here., He'll stick with his democratic Govs and work their States. Based on the number of new projected Republican Govs that will win this time around we need to keep this one term president in DC and away from our State government issues.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 10/28/10 - 07:13 pm
roy barnes is a TRIAL lawyer.

roy barnes is a TRIAL lawyer. john edwards is a TRIAL lawyer. harry reid is a TRIAL lawyer. What do we think barnes is? barnes thinks he's the second coming of Christ. deal is no deal, but we know what to expect of him.

Pennywise
Pennywise 10/28/10 - 09:50 pm
None of you know what real

None of you know what real socialism or communism is....

Elanco expanding Augusta operations

Animal health products company Elanco announced Friday a $100 million investment at its Augusta plant that is expected to create 100 new jobs within the next three years.