Column obscures Obama's incompetence

I couldn't let Eugene Robinson's column on "Change accomplished" (Aug. 21) go uncorrected!

Iraq: There are still 50,000 troops there. Bringing the rest home already was in the works. President Obama can thank President Bush for this victory.

Iran: Robinson blames the Mahmoud Ahmadinejad problem on the removal of Saddam Hussein in Iraq! Robinson stated Saddam's "ambitions no longer keep Iran in check." What a twist! Darn! I wish Saddam were back! Maybe Obama can persuade Ahmadinejad to give up nukes because, after all, the U.S. did him a big favor by ousting that nasty Saddam!

General Motors: Robinson wrote "Obama saved GM" and kept "hundreds of thousands of jobs," and GM will soon begin repaying. Actually, General Motors is "repaying" with money given to it by the government -- our taxes. I don't have enough space to explain this funny math! Ford took no bailout and is prospering on its own. Robinson's socialistic thinking is a death knell to the self-reliant values that make America great.

Oil spill: "When Deep Water Horizon went rogue ..."? So, two years of loosey-goosey construction regulation; sloppy efforts to hurry production; BP's deal with Libya; and poor communication between Transocean and BP are not Obama's responsibilities? At least Katrina was an act of God. Deep-Horizon was manmade. Robinson praises Obama for "convincing BP to put up $20 billion" when actually he threatened BP.

Beach trip: Robinson gooily preened over Obama's "day on the beach and a meal of Gulf seafood so soon after the disaster." This effort was indeed "a day" -- one photo allowed.

Mosque controversy: Robinson applauded Obama for "upholding the values of the Constitution." That's not what the fight was about. Obama showed he doesn't get it. Americans care more about our compatriots who experienced the deaths of their loved ones by Islamic terrorists than Imam Rauf who wants his mosque there.

Obama is the most incompetent president in U.S. history! He summons up government purview when it's irrelevant and sidesteps government responsibility when he should apply it!

chascush
chascush 09/26/10 - 10:32 pm
'Obama is the most

'Obama is the most incompetent president in U.S. history!'
Pam, you are correct.

usafvet
usafvet 09/27/10 - 12:14 am
Very good Pam. You summed it

Very good Pam. You summed it up nicely. Hopefully we can corral him in November then oust him in 2012 if he lasts that long. His absence is the best thing he could give this country.

orgpsych
orgpsych 09/27/10 - 03:07 am
"Obama is the most

"Obama is the most incompetent president in U.S. history!"

Hmmm. I guess you were there through all of the others for comparison. Or are you relying on a revisionist view of history to seize power today.

I realize I went to a public school but I seem to recall that Grant's administration was viewed as one of the most corrupt ... ever.

How about Chester A. Arthur? As VP he helped undermine Garfield, the President. Then as President he sought honest government but kept employees on the payroll because of their party loyalty. So much for honest government.

How about Millard Filmore (Whig Party)? anyone?

There have been plenty of incompetent and unremarkable Presidents in the past.

Oh, wait, you're just "campaign speaking." Sorry. It is odd, though, that you complain long and hard about Eugene Robinson's column to support your assertion. How, exactly, did you make the leap of logic from one to the other? I guess that's "campaign logic?"

NewHere
NewHere 09/27/10 - 05:10 am
I think you got that one

I think you got that one wrong George W Bush is our worst president ever.

carcraft
carcraft 09/27/10 - 05:46 am
Obama may not yet have the

Obama may not yet have the title of worst president but Carter is cheering him on...Obama has had one miss step or been on the wrong foot since he started. One of Obama's first acts was to close GITMO (isn't it interesting that the media hardly mentions it any more). $20 million to Palau to take 6 Gitmo detainees, Germany took one I think, Oh well never mind! LOL Backing the left wing guy trying to take over the Hounduran Government dispite the fact the guy violated his oath of office and the Hounduran constitution. On to the Harvard professor and Obama's uninformed rant about about Harvard police... Stimulus Bill and crotch washing for African men $800,000.00, windmills built in China and Spain, $millions, a president thinking this will help the US economy Priceless! Getting up and blasting the Arizona immigration law with out reading it-call me Alferd E. Newman "what me worry"! The health care bill passed dispite the wishes of the majority of the American people. Wast and fraud rampant in the stimulus bill (5 million dollars per job for 5 jobs in California) And this is just the first 18 months! BWAHAHAHAHA

Dixieman
Dixieman 09/27/10 - 05:49 am
I would take Millard Fillmore

I would take Millard Fillmore and Chester A, Arthur any day over the current socialist in office. I pray daily that our country will be able to survive until the 2012 election.

carcraft
carcraft 09/27/10 - 05:51 am
orgpsych- You left oout

orgpsych- You left oout Kennedy and the debacle of the Bay of Pigs Kennedy engineered and left those peole to be slaughtered by Castro's forces.and the BS about the Cuban missile crises (actually it was Kennedy that blinked and moved the missles fromTurkey as Kruschev of Russia wanted in the first place, Then Kennedy ramped up the War in Viet Nam and made a mess of that. But since Kennedy is a liberal martyr and Saint you won't read much about it! I suggest Hersh's book "the Dark side of Camalot"!

So crates
So crates 09/27/10 - 06:46 am
Is your glass half empty or

Is your glass half empty or half full, Pammy?

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 09/27/10 - 06:56 am
Pam, you've been drinking the

Pam, you've been drinking the FOX coffee too much. Obama is FAR from the worst president. The previous administration has the slot filled hands down. As for your other points- none can be blamed on Obama. At least he has TRIED to make things better.... whether or not he did will be tested by time.

Runner46
Runner46 09/27/10 - 06:59 am
Whatever you want to hear,

Whatever you want to hear, our President will tell it to you. He bows and scrapes to foreign heads of state. He acts more like a bully than a leader when it comes to states' rights, i.e. the Arizona debacle. I am not certain which country he represents these days. He gives us mandatory health care paid to private insurance companies by way of government taxation. (I always thought taxes were paid to the government, silly me.) Yes, this one is a real winner....NOT!

Rhetor
Rhetor 09/27/10 - 07:09 am
"Robinson praises Obama for

"Robinson praises Obama for "convincing BP to put up $20 billion" when actually he threatened BP." Ah, poor BP got "threatened" just because they trashed most of the Gulf Coast, wrecked the regional fishing industry, and ended the region's tourism for most of the summer. I'm sure that all decent libertarians feel sorry for the huge multinational company that should have been allowed to rape our country with no consequences. Wasn't it terrible that Obama stood up for our country--indeed, stood up for a bunch of red states that will never have enough sense to vote for him, just because it was his duty to do so?

dwb619
dwb619 09/27/10 - 07:10 am
Actually,it was Johnson who

Actually,it was Johnson who escalated the "Viet Nam Conflict". After the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

55 F-100
55 F-100 09/27/10 - 07:47 am
The only point that was left

The only point that was left out of the letter is that Prezbhojangles is the most adept liar in the history of the oval office. He will read that tele-prompter, stare at the camera, and spew his snake-oil spiel and never blink an eye.......and the obamazombies are realizing that those lies will cost them their jobs on 11/02/2010.

Mr.L.A.Kegbrat
Mr.L.A.Kegbrat 09/27/10 - 09:10 am
This letter had nothing but

This letter had nothing but weak irrational counterpoints to Eugene Robinsons' argument.

The best example is her last one--that it's not about the constitution; it's about how people feel.

No logic here--just emotion.

GAterp
GAterp 09/27/10 - 09:15 am
I'm voting for W on the

I'm voting for W on the incompetence balloting. Way too many "deer in the headlights" moments in that 8-year long performance!

dani
dani 09/27/10 - 09:29 am
A "change" we can believe in.

A "change" we can believe in. It seems the South will rise again. According to census reports, due to immigration, Fl gains 2 house seats, Texas 4 house seats while NY and OH loses 2 each. See, never say never. :-)
I am looking for the silver lining, and this is better than nothing.

Another nice, rainy day in GA that the Lord has given us.

3g
3g 09/27/10 - 09:39 am
Hard to believe that people

Hard to believe that people can't see that it has nothing to do with the individual in the white house or the party in power ,our federal government has been corrupt for 4 decades and voting in new criminals will not change a thing .

dani
dani 09/27/10 - 09:52 am
3g..We like to spread it

3g..We like to spread it around. It's unfair for one party to have all the fun.

Chillen
Chillen 09/27/10 - 09:57 am
I love this letter! It

I love this letter! It exposes the truth distortions (lies) that this administration is so well known for!

Gaterp. I was not a Bush fan but he was not incompetent, just painted so by the media with a socialist agenda. The current President, obama, gets that award, as painted so by the American people, the only ones who matter.

Did you even see the polls today? A new low for the O.

Rhetor
Rhetor 09/27/10 - 09:58 am
Most adept liar? Have we

Most adept liar? Have we already forgotten Nixon, "I am not a crook," who actually tape recorded himself committing felonies right in the Oval Office and then lied about it? Reagan, who sold weapons to our country's enemies in the Iran-Contra affair? Oh, well.

chasboy
chasboy 09/27/10 - 10:02 am
I also vote James Buchannan.

I also vote James Buchannan. When the "Star of the West" supply ship entered Charleston harbor to resupply Ft. Sumter Citadel cadets fired on it turning it away. This happened on Jan.9th 1861.
Buchannan did nothing.
Being a lame duck he knew Lincoln was going to inherit the problem in 2 months so he laid low.
There are many other factors of his administration that led directly to the Civil War.

GAterp
GAterp 09/27/10 - 10:15 am
Chillen it might be a new low

Chillen it might be a new low for O; but he has not yet reached the poor polling levels secured by W in 2007 & 2008. Obama has a long way to go to hit 27% approval rating, which was the low standard set by W. And the small Tea Party and the Fox News Corp. are not the same organization & media that gave W such a high rating when all of the other prominent & unbiased polls had him much, much lower on approval ratings? And Dani, it's nice that we are getting more House seats in the South. I wonder how many will be filled by Spanish speaking congress people and African Americans? The South is actually getting a lot more diverse than the Tea Party would like to think!

dani
dani 09/27/10 - 10:23 am
Don't leave Clinton out of

Don't leave Clinton out of the "liar, liar" debate, I am still angry that he never explained what "is" is.

dani
dani 09/27/10 - 10:29 am
GA terp...Spanish speaking,

GA terp...Spanish speaking, of course. They are now ranked second to whites in population.
AA's are being replaced by the Spanish speaking people who are filling our job needs.
It should not be a problem. The Dems needs the votes.

Chillen
Chillen 09/27/10 - 10:30 am
gaterp. 42% is PATHETIC in

gaterp. 42% is PATHETIC in only year 2 of a presidency!!!

To be that unpopular that early is a joke. And he has 99% of newspapers, ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, CBS and most magazines all on his side as a full time positive PR machine.

He's got 99% of the black population on his side no matter what he does. He could commit murder on video and they'd still support him because of race. So chop 14% off of that 42% and your left with 28% of the public who actually approve of him.

Even with all of that he can't poll higher. hahaha! The guys a dud. He's a goner. A one hit wonder. Neutered in November. Jobless in 2013.

America does not like socialists.

MajorPaul
MajorPaul 09/27/10 - 10:37 am
In my humble opinion, Lincoln

Indeed, Mr Obama has dome a few of the same things. Giving tax money to "specially selected' private companies is one of the things Lincoln did also, and one reason the South wanted nothing to do with him.
If Lincoln was such a statesman, why could he not find a peaceful solution to the problems between the Union and the Confederacy? The Confederacy constantly had people wanting to find a peaceful solution, but Mr Lincoln refused to even meet with them.
Lincoln is praised for "saving a government by the people, of the people, and for the people." But think about that one! If such a government is forced on a people at the point of a gun and bayonet, it is much more akin to terrorism than being a government by the people, of the people, and for the people.

chascush
chascush 09/27/10 - 10:43 am
carcraft, ‘orgpsych- You left

carcraft, ‘orgpsych- You left oout Kennedy and the debacle of the Bay of Pigs Kennedy engineered and left those peole to be slaughtered by Castro's forces.’
Kennedy did make some mistakes in the short time he was in office. But he was a conservative when it came to the economics in the US. He gave a large tax break too the so called rich people/businesses. That created MORE tax revenue just as the Reagan and Bush tax cuts did.

chascush
chascush 09/27/10 - 10:52 am
MajorPaul, ‘In my humble

MajorPaul, ‘In my humble opinion, Lincoln was much worse. When Mr Obama said he was a 'student of Lincoln' I knew America would be in big trouble.’
Here are 2 quotes from Lincoln.
"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."
"If I could save the Union without freeing any slaves, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it, and if I could do it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also so that"

Chillen
Chillen 09/27/10 - 11:06 am
This obama VS JKF on tax cut

This obama VS JKF on tax cut video says it all. (only 2 minutes, guaranteed virus free)

JFK is a real Democrat, obama....nowhere close to a Democrat. A "D" behind is name is the only similarity. He really needs an "M" or an "S" behind his name because Socialist/Marxist is what he is (I hope because the next step is "C" behind the name).

GAterp
GAterp 09/27/10 - 11:29 am
Keep dreaming conservative

Keep dreaming conservative folks, moaning & complaining and wishing it just isn't so will never change things. Obama will be President until 2016. I just do not see the competition.

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...