Wait until November -- vote Democrat

I have been seeing some bumper stickers around town lately stating, "We want to take our country back." Recently I stopped to see who was emerging from an automobile with such a bumper sticker on it. To my surprise, the individual wasn't a Native American. I was tempted to ask the man from whom he was going to take the country. I wanted to tell him that this country belongs to all Americans, not a particular group or party.

I also have seen other bumper stickers stating "Wait until November." What is going to happen in November besides Thanksgiving? And it came to me that Election Day is in November, and maybe this message implies that some are eagerly waiting for the Republicans to get control of Congress. But the voters can't be that uninformed to return Congress to the party that got us into the financial crisis. That would be mega-dumb.

There are two traits common among many American voters: short attention spans and the need for instant gratification. Many don't recall or connect the Bush policies to the present economic situation. And some don't understand why these troubles can't be fixed just by wishing it so. If the voters lash out to teach "them" a lesson, it will be at a greater cost to the voters themselves.

The Republicans have been obstructionists refusing to work with the Democrats, and their only agenda items have been tax cuts and less regulation. If they gain control of Congress and are able to enact their agenda, we may have a depression.

Time is out for pandering, grandstanding and sound bites. It took a decade to get in the ditch we are in, and we aren't going to get out instantly.

I sincerely believe the Democrats have the better agenda to lead us forward. We must vote in November to keep the present party in power.

Tracy E. Williams Jr.

Augusta

NotReally21
NotReally21 09/01/10 - 11:49 am
When I see a bumper sticker

When I see a bumper sticker with Obama/Biden I always look to see who's behind the wheel. 9 out of 10 times it's a white older couple, white female or a white male. I never hardly see black drivers with those bumper stickers. I see this often driving back and forth up GW Parkway, I-66 and Dulles Toll rd.

NotReally21
NotReally21 09/01/10 - 11:52 am
KSL are you married if so,

KSL are you married if so, ask yourself that, evidently for the Greenbaums marriage must be good as I believe they have been married for well over 30 years. Maybe you need to ask Newt Gingrich past 2 wives and his current one.

KSL
KSL 09/01/10 - 11:58 am
Not really too smart, I was

Not really too smart, I was not aware that Newt is a deadbeat dad who didn't pay child support. That was what the discussion with Eva was about, not divorce.

maggiemae
maggiemae 09/01/10 - 12:00 pm
NotReally. The Greenbaums

NotReally. The Greenbaums are not on welfare...They made theirs, now let others do the same.

Chillen
Chillen 09/01/10 - 12:08 pm
It looks like your friend

It looks like your friend just makes very bad choices justiceforeva. Bad baby daddy's, bad financial planning and bad career choices. And it really burns my behind that your friend and millions of others like her sit at home on welfare or unemployment rather than go out and get a minimum wage job. Able bodied people who CAN work but WON'T work. How despicable. It is akin to theft.

But that is what happens when you take personal responsibility away from people and replace it with the safety net of other people's earnings confiscated by force from the U.S. government.

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. " ~Benjamin Franklin~

I agree with vonbaron. Personal responsibility will again rise to the forefront. November will be the start of that uprising.

maggiemae
maggiemae 09/01/10 - 12:29 pm

NotReally21
NotReally21 09/01/10 - 12:44 pm
Where did I say divorce, I

Where did I say divorce, I said you need to ask Newt Gingrich past 2 wives and his current wife about this question you ask: Why are there so many women who have made such bad decisions as to who they marry?
Again are you married?

KSL
KSL 09/01/10 - 12:46 pm
What about reducing the debt?

What about reducing the debt? Why would the money need to be spent on wealth redistribution?

KSL
KSL 09/01/10 - 12:48 pm
With Democrats it's never

With Democrats it's never about reducing the debt. Heck, even Clinton's so called budget surplus was forced on him by the Republican Congress, yet you libs give him the credit. It's really laughable.

Chillen
Chillen 09/01/10 - 01:01 pm
Here's a quote from a typical

Here's a quote from a typical liberal voter (typos and grammatical errors left in for effect).

I AM FOR A SATANIC DEATH CULT CENTER AT FOX NEWS HQ AND OUTSIDE THE OFFICES ORDICK ARMEYAND NEWT GINGRICH-and all the GOP WELFARE FREAKS,” ~John Cusack~

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 09/01/10 - 01:27 pm
Another letter of liberal

Another letter of liberal talking points from Tracy Williams, Jr. Oh, wow. *Yawn*

Georgiais1
Georgiais1 09/01/10 - 01:46 pm
Newt Gingrich and his

Newt Gingrich and his wife/wives are not on welfare. You miss the point as usual.

CarlA
CarlA 09/01/10 - 01:52 pm
"You can not multiply wealth

"You can not multiply wealth by dividing it." -Adrian Rodgers

impossible
impossible 09/01/10 - 02:06 pm
JFE. You accidentally said

JFE. You accidentally said something that is true: “Not everyone on government assistance is lazy or unwilling to work. Count yourself lucky you have a job because they aren't easy to come by...especially here.” The “here” is America under Obama and his stooges.
NOTREALLY 21 asked, “Why are there so many women who have made such bad decisions as to who they marry?” I presume you refer to Hillary Clinton, John Edward’s wife or ex-wife and Teresa Heinz Kerry, any Kennedy wife you choose to recall. What you said is not the issue, and my retort is not the issue. I know how hopeless it is for liberals to stick to the issues.

dichotomy
dichotomy 09/01/10 - 02:23 pm
Democrats took the House and

Democrats took the House and Senate in January 2007. Things went downhill rapidly. Obama was sworn in January 2009. By the end of April 2009, if we could have had another election, neither Obama or any Democrat congressman or senator could have won reelction. That is how much the majority of this country dislike the socialist policies of Obama/Pelosi/Reid and their high handed methods of lying, concealing, and ramming the contents of their socialist legislation down our collective throats. What's going to happen in November? I suspect we are going to see another CHANGE. No matter what the Republicans do or don't do we now have a basis from which we can select the lesser of two evils. I think the majority have decided already.

AtlantaGator
AtlantaGator 09/01/10 - 02:24 pm
Tracy, haven't we suffered

Tracy, haven't we suffered enough?

TNULTH
TNULTH 09/01/10 - 02:51 pm
This country was on the brink

This country was on the brink of a financial collapse. The Obmama administration saved us from economic ruins and meanwhile, also
Brought an end to a nonsensical war.
Saved the American auto industry.
Steadied the job loss rate.
Prevented the market from tanking.
Introduced and passed comprehensive healthcare reform
Rescued a collapsing financial industry which is seeing huge profits.
Quietly addressed a devastating natural disaster.

To paraphrase Colonel Jessup, we'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way.

c.james
c.james 09/01/10 - 03:04 pm
Hey Tracy E. Williams

Hey Tracy E. Williams Jr.....I'll tell the new song come November, NA NA NA NA, Na Na Na Na.. Nancy, GOOD BYE! 2nd verse: NA NA NA NA, Na Na Na Na Hey Harry GOODBYE!!!!

GAterp
GAterp 09/01/10 - 03:08 pm
Republicans should get

Republicans should get control of the House and the Senate. I do like Obama's chances in 2012 though. Doing nothing is what the GOP does best! Small government, lower taxes, spend like a Shopaholic, and then scream loudly when you lose power that it is somebody else's fault. Will that Kool Aid be cherry or grape for you?

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 09/01/10 - 03:09 pm
TNULTH, funny you should pick

TNULTH, funny you should pick Col. Jessup as someone worth quoting, as if the means always justify the end. But I must give you credit for consistency, because the Obamites certainly do fall right in line with the bad colonel when it comes to their morality, their honesty and their humanity.

Your estimation of even the short-term impact of the Obozo administration is inaccurate. What it will mean in the long-term is appalling.

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/01/10 - 03:10 pm
TNULTH, if any of that were

TNULTH, if any of that were close to the truth, I would vote for Obama. However, unemployment is not improving, productivity is down, GDP is down, the debt is growing at an unsubstable rate, GWB set the date for troop withdrawal, and the HC bill will be the final straw. But the best barometer of the success of President Obama will be the elections in Nov.

GAterp
GAterp 09/01/10 - 03:40 pm
JTF, that's a normal

JTF, that's a normal barometer and certainly not the best one. I do think that Boehner would make a good and well-tanned speaker. Kind of a George Hamilton kind of a guy. Actually, I think George was probably more capable.

john
john 09/01/10 - 03:44 pm
gaterp, i dont think its the

gaterp, i dont think its the republicans screaming about things being someone elses fault. Thats all our current admin does.

follower 09/01/10 - 04:16 pm
Tnulth listed these as the

Tnulth listed these as the President's accomplishments:

"Brought an end to a nonsensical war.
Saved the American auto industry.
Steadied the job loss rate.
Prevented the market from tanking.
Introduced and passed comprehensive healthcare reform
Rescued a collapsing financial industry which is seeing huge profits.
Quietly addressed a devastating natural disaster."

1-The war was started based on the intelligence at the time and approved overwhelmingly by both sides of the isle.
2-GM and Chrysler still owe billions, they're not out of the woods [especially Chrysler], and we are on the hook for their "bailout"
3-Steady as she goes, at close to 10% [are you happy about that one?]
4-The economy is still propped up on toothpicks
5-Yes, they passed it, much to the chagrin of a large majority that didn't want it, and know it will be worse than we can even imagine
6-You mean bailed out when many should have been allowed to fail
7-I can only assume you mean the BP ordeal, which is not a natural disaster. And it was hardly quiet. Grandstanding is more like it.

I'm sorry, but Thank You is not in order when the intent of this administration is to take over private industry, impose a cap and trade tax, re-distribute earned money to those who won't [not can't] work, allow illegals amnesty, apologize for the success of this country to other nations, bow to a foreign king, .............I should quit now and check my blood pressure. Someone else can finish.

esmc68
esmc68 09/01/10 - 04:18 pm
Tracy, thats the funniest

Tracy, thats the funniest thing ive heard all day, And I have heard some dam funny things today.

Chillen
Chillen 09/01/10 - 04:25 pm
follower. I was about to

follower. I was about to post the same type of list.

Don't forget, today GM reported that their sales are down 25%. They've hardly been saved. If my business suffered a 25% loss in sales it would be devastating. Just at is is for them.

swhitman6
swhitman6 09/01/10 - 04:45 pm
So many comments, but really

So many comments, but really the Democrat's answer has been to run up more debt and hand out more free junk than ever. Free stuff does not work and that was not Bush's idea or fault. He did think everyone should have the ability to own a home. It was then their responsibility to pay for it. It is not Bush's fault people choose not to pay their mortgage.

When will you Osama lovers accept responsibility for what you have done? You voted Mr. Hope & Change into office and he has NO progress to show...but he sure was charismatic during the election. What great leadership qualities he has shown. He is SO much better than Bush...good call. Some poor example of an American like McCain never could have done as great a job as Osama...sarcasm intended. Osama has made nothing better and everything worse. When will he have to take responsibility for his actions and decisions? When will people realize he was never qualified for the job and is just coasting and hoping for more idiots to re-elect him. I hope people don't listen to you Tracy because you are way out of line. You can blame all nation's problems on Bush but somehow Osama is off the hook...that makes no sense.

ron_rlw
ron_rlw 09/01/10 - 04:50 pm
In a republic like the US, we

In a republic like the US, we always get the type government we deserve ... hopefully we will do a better job of hiring our elected officials in Nov and beyond.

corgimom
corgimom 09/01/10 - 05:50 pm
So I wonder when a Republican

So I wonder when a Republican gets into the WH- whenever that may be- and runs up an even bigger national debt- it's inevitable, the population keeps growing- then what?

usafvet
usafvet 09/01/10 - 06:07 pm
tnulth, don't get caught with

tnulth, don't get caught with it in your system. Must be some strong stuff. Under the Honorable G. W. Bush the dow rose to 14000 plus. Then the dems took congress in 2006, the market started down. When dumbobama was selected to represent the dem party it took another dive, then when he was elected it went down, down, down under 8000. It is now hovering at 10000. It will not stabilize or go up until the socialist in charge and his fellow socialist comrades have been ousted. It can't come soon enough. However, the silent majority and speak loudly in November.

Kettle donations rise in 2014